X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here ya go Sci

A New Beginning

Spoiler:
    He stared hard into the mirror; the freshly healing slash that had just barely missed taking his left eye mocked him silently. New skin was growing in its place and it looked as ugly and horrid as Ronon felt.

How could that have happened? How could he have almost lost his life at the clawed hands of a filthy disgusting Wraith? How could he have let Michael get that close? These questions burned at the very core of Ronon’s heart and he felt as though he never had before: Weak.

The mutated face in the mirror would remind him everyday of his failure, of his shame, and he needed to do something, anything, to sear the repeating memory from replaying over and over again his mind.

The hatred welling inside him was a new disease to his soul and the laughter and kinship he had come to know so well on Atlantis felt a million lifetimes away.

His eyes filled with tears but they were not tears of sadness, but his expression of frustration and loathing, his own personal omen to the darkness that was to come; the darkness that he would bring.

He reached over wildly grasping for the battle-axe that lay dormant to his left, thrown carelessly amidst his messy bed linens. Using one hand to hold out his long coarse hair, he began slicing away at the near root by the nape of his neck, the silent scream clogged somewhere deep in his throat as the tears continued to shine through.

When he finally finished, the floor by his feet was covered in the hair he had taken so long to grow, the strands of a man he needn’t be acquainted with any longer, the mark of a weak, undisciplined Satedan. And yet the man facing him in the mirror was someone he did not yet know, but felt strangely familiar staring back with a small smile across his face and no sign of the lingering tears that had been there moments ago.

Comment

Ruby!

I can't send you any pm's! Your inbox is full..
      *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Originally posted by sillyscipia View Post
        Gak! I go away from the PC to do housework and stuff for a few days and there's a dozen pages to catch up on! I'm too lazy to read it all, and I've got stuff to do.

Off into semi-lurk mode.
        Missed you Silly!!

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
        Sounds cool!!!

Have fun!!!

Good idea.
        Spoiler:
        He flips the hell out and cuts it off in a fit of rage which then translates as a symbolism for a new beginning for him.
        Thanks and I did have fun.
        Yeah! That's kinda what I was thinking.

Spoiler:
        Gak! I forgot Jason cut his dreads off!

Hmm... Maybe they'll make a new Ronon smiley.
        I'm sure once S5 starts someone will do that.
        Spoiler:
        I heard the reason why he did it was that when he was doing his stunts and twirling, it caused him whiplash. His hair weighed 8 pounds!

LOL They should. And make a new Carter one with longer hair and a Keller one as well. And a Michael one too would be cool.
        That would some cool smilies. A new and (kinda) improved Mikey and Sam.
        They don't have Keller yet? Gotta start asking.

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
        It's gorgeous Sci and I love that cap!

Thanks MrsB!

Good idea - I wouldn't be surprised, especially since JM said the Ronon story would happen early on in series five.

Enjoy!
        Thanks Ruby.
        I just found that on stargatecaps the other day.

Here ya go Sci

A New Beginning

Spoiler:
        He stared hard into the mirror; the freshly healing slash that had just barely missed taking his left eye mocked him silently. New skin was growing in its place and it looked as ugly and horrid as Ronon felt.

How could that have happened? How could he have almost lost his life at the clawed hands of a filthy disgusting Wraith? How could he have let Michael get that close? These questions burned at the very core of Ronon’s heart and he felt as though he never had before: Weak.

The mutated face in the mirror would remind him everyday of his failure, of his shame, and he needed to do something, anything, to sear the repeating memory from replaying over and over again his mind.

The hatred welling inside him was a new disease to his soul and the laughter and kinship he had come to know so well on Atlantis felt a million lifetimes away.

His eyes filled with tears but they were not tears of sadness, but his expression of frustration and loathing, his own personal omen to the darkness that was to come; the darkness that he would bring.

He reached over wildly grasping for the battle-axe that lay dormant to his left, thrown carelessly amidst his messy bed linens. Using one hand to hold out his long coarse hair, he began slicing away at the near root by the nape of his neck, the silent scream clogged somewhere deep in his throat as the tears continued to shine through.

When he finally finished, the floor by his feet was covered in the hair he had taken so long to grow, the strands of a man he needn’t be acquainted with any longer, the mark of a weak, undisciplined Satedan. And yet the man facing him in the mirror was someone he did not yet know, but felt strangely familiar staring back with a small smile across his face and no sign of the lingering tears that had been there moments ago.
        WOW!!
        That was intense and poor Ronon.

Comment

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
          You floored me with this one Gater. I left you a review, but needless to say it was amazing. Mental Green

Only one spelling mistake... I'm sorry I couldn't help myself!
          YES!!! It does look like Santa! That's hilarious!!!
          Thanks youooooouoououou sweetest. I think I'll employ you as my beta I did notice the spelling mistake after I'd posted but was just too sleepy to
          change it. Might actually do that now. It was the "site" bit, yeah?

Originally posted by TeylaFan View Post
          Thanks everybody for welcoming me!

Loved your ff Gater101 (crush) great job!
          Hee hee thanks Not too angsty I hope? Everyone says I'm mean... what gave them that impression?? LOL.
          Here ya go Sci

A New Beginning

Spoiler:

*hiccup* Poor Ronon. I enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing
          don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post

Hee hee thanks Not too angsty I hope? Everyone says I'm mean... what gave them that impression?? LOL.
            Hehe no I dindn't think it was too angsty And I wouldn't know if you're mean.. don't have an impression of you yet
            *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Look at this ElfYourself my mate did... I'm not telling you which one I am because... it's terrible lol

Spoiler:
              http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1547809564

Comment

Hehe no I dindn't think it was too angsty And I wouldn't know if you're mean.. don't have an impression of you yet
                Lol well good I may be a little mean, only because of what I'm doing to poor John in these fics... But this, my dears, is only the tip of the ice berg. You think season 4 is dark? Wait til yo read the rest of these

Comment

How is everyone today?
                  Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                    How is everyone today?
                    OT~ Good thanks Padme. Whats up witchu?

Comment

OT~ Good thanks Padme. Whats up witchu?
                      OT

Not much, just waiting for test results.

sigpic

Comment

Well i just about knockes masel out this Morning....I left to go to work,had no idea it was frosty outside so i had to put de-icer on the windows cause they were covered in ice....So i went to the boot,opened up the boot then bent down and as i bent down the car boot door came up and whacked me right on the forehead.....Now i've got a lump on my forehead and it's sore!!!!

That's what i get for not being awake in the Mornings,i'm so not a Morning person!!!

Anywho i'm off to catch up bbl!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                          Well i just about knockes masel out this Morning....I left to go to work,had no idea it was frosty outside so i had to put de-icer on the windows cause they were covered in ice....So i went to the boot,opened up the boot then bent down and as i bent down the car boot door came up and whacked me right on the forehead.....Now i've got a lump on my forehead and it's sore!!!!

That's what i get for not being awake in the Mornings,i'm so not a Morning person!!!

Ah you poor thing. Hope you feel better.

sigpic

Comment

Aw, that sucks, Linda. Hope your day gets better!
                            Jess | he/his/him | future ruler of the universe
                            "Roger that. Remind me to underachieve twice as hard from now on."
                            sigpic
                            dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

Ouch! Whumping self is not good.
                              || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                                Title: Crush
                                Summary: He wanted to turn and run away but some kind of masochistic pleasure kept him rooted to the spot.
                                Characters: John, Teyla,
                                Pairing: John/Teyla, John/Nancy, Teyla/Kanan.
                                Rating: K
                                Spoilers: Missing, Seer

Spoiler:
                                Spoiler:
                                That was intense....But i loved it........angst sweet sweet angst!!!

Thanks everybody for welcoming me!

Loved your ff Gater101 (crush) great job!

You still can't see it? Everybody else can..
                                No i still can't see it

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                                Ah you poor thing. Hope you feel better.
                                Aw, that sucks, Linda. Hope your day gets better!
                                The day didn't get much better,i burnt my hand under the hot water tap,didn't realise it was roastin hot!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X