No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question. Ever since the show began, I never thought of Teyla as being "a person of color". I actually was suprised to learn that her mother was from Africa! It probably had something to do with the fact that she had a wig (I didn't know that at the time) so I always thought she just had a deep tan or something. Did anyone else have the same thing happen?
    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
      I have a question. Ever since the show began, I never thought of Teyla as being "a person of color". I actually was suprised to learn that her mother was from Africa! It probably had something to do with the fact that she had a wig (I didn't know that at the time) so I always thought she just had a deep tan or something. Did anyone else have the same thing happen?
      Uh i'm a little confused,are you talking about Teyla or Rachel....Rachel's from Tanzania i think,didn't she move to the US when she was young,i can't remember!
      sigpic

Comment

Hey Guys. I'm back. Did you notice I was gone?
        I have 12 pages to catch up on so I'm gonna do alot of skipping.

I just watched Miller's Crossing and TMC. I loved them both for different reasons. IMO.

MC:
        Spoiler:
        I know it's not high action and poor Ronon had some sucky, barely any lines and sticking him with Walter was just so wrong. But he was good eye candy.
        I love the sibling thing and Jeanie grilling him about Katie. LOL I love the line, "You're no John Sheppard." when she's talking about his looks.
        The scene when Rodney is talking about sacrificing himself to save his sister was the best. I don't ever remember Rodney ever calling Sheppard, John. And John's reaction to it all. WOW!! He does angst so good. I wanted to cry for him. You can see how choked up he was. The end was very nice too. I know what he did was hard decision to do, but you can see it wasn't like he was cold about it either. I know it wasn't any JT moments, but I personally like to see John and Rodney friendship moments. IMO

TMC:
        Spoiler:
        Another wonderful ep. Wow. I wasn't expecting that. I knew something big was gonna happen to Weir, but threw me. I don't know why. But now that they can take any form, they can bring her back any time.

The emotions again for John and Rodney were really great. More angst. I was bummered with the lack of Ronon and Teyla thoughts on that, but I guess that was already done in Lifeline.

The Double Rodney scene IMO was hilarious and the Johns' facial reactions to that scene were priceless.

brb

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
          Uh i'm a little confused,are you talking about Teyla or Rachel....Rachel's from Tanzania i think,didn't she move to the US when she was young,i can't remember!
          I was talking about Teyla. When I first started watching SGA I didn't even know the names of all the actors and actresses, much less where they came from.

I had heard Teyla referred to as a "person of color" somewhere, so that was the reason for the question!
          || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
            *sighs* EXACTLY!

You sound like my husband...isn't that I what I wrote? LOL

Okay....so for Xmas...Camy wants this fic...

check out all her work...she's AWESOME!

http://nebulan.deviantart.com/art/Jo...ontas-53152608
            Teyla to John....

Listen with your heart
            You will understand

Let it break upon you
            Like a wave upon the sand

Listen with your heart
            You will understand...

You know I had to do... - Ironic, isn't it!
            1-800-Iluv-JandT
            sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

I don't know if any of you have seen this yet. But, here's a link to JF's
              WMC clip! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAC7aF9QKrk
              1-800-Iluv-JandT
              sig by Sci!

Comment

She moved to Canada.

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                Hey Guys. I'm back. Did you notice I was gone?
                I have 12 pages to catch up on so I'm gonna do alot of skipping.

I just watched Miller's Crossing and TMC. I loved them both for different reasons. IMO.

MC:
                Spoiler:
                I know it's not high action and poor Ronon had some sucky, barely any lines and sticking him with Walter was just so wrong. But he was good eye candy.
                I love the sibling thing and Jeanie grilling him about Katie. LOL I love the line, "You're no John Sheppard." when she's talking about his looks.
                The scene when Rodney is talking about sacrificing himself to save his sister was the best. I don't ever remember Rodney ever calling Sheppard, John. And John's reaction to it all. WOW!! He does angst so good. I wanted to cry for him. You can see how choked up he was. The end was very nice too. I know what he did was hard decision to do, but you can see it wasn't like he was cold about it either. I know it wasn't any JT moments, but I personally like to see John and Rodney friendship moments. IMO

TMC:
                Spoiler:
                Another wonderful ep. Wow. I wasn't expecting that. I knew something big was gonna happen to Weir, but threw me. I don't know why. But now that they can take any form, they can bring her back any time.

The emotions again for John and Rodney were really great. More angst. I was bummered with the lack of Ronon and Teyla thoughts on that, but I guess that was already done in Lifeline.

The Double Rodney scene IMO was hilarious and the Johns' facial reactions to that scene were priceless.

brb
                Rodney called him John for the first time in Adrift, so this was the second time. Weird, huh?

I liked TMC as well, and I'm looking forward to watching it again on Tuesday night on SkyOne!
                sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
                  diggin' it!!! but IMHO, Joe looks hotter in his golfing 'uniform'!!! And i have proof:
                  Spoiler:

Teyla likes it too!

i have no life
                  LOL!
                  || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
                    Thanks guys and especially to you Lea for all your Help and Patience im still not as good as you on the whole thing
                    NP. Donna. Practice makes perfect.

Pic spam from DG

Ooh pwetty
                    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Thanks Linda for caps.

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                    LOL It sure is Ruby.

JM DINNER UPDATE

Spoiler:
                    He has made small mention to a possible Daniel story and a maybe-ish working out on a deal with Carson for S5 I think. Go read and tell me what you think lol
                    Thanks MrsB. That's the impression I got too.

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                    INDEED!!! ahem.....

Thanks muchly to Zuz, we now have (now actually my own property but useable as long as you cred Zuz for making them and me for allowing you to use) John and Teyla Christmas Smilies!!!

then another

Go thank Zuz guys, remember I asked and got them! (and amazingly fast too!!)

I have them all saved down to my computer as well as have them on my LJ too
                    Thanks Tey. I'm gonna have to green Zuz.

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                    Another video from Creation of Joe at the Burbank Convention...he's talking about turkey sandwich... I like seeing him like that...so open,,funny,,having all these stories about his life and all.. and gosh do I love seeing him all smiles and laughs...
                    http://www.creationent.com/video/SG1Bur07-flanigan2.htm
                    Thanks for link Nina. I'll try to watch it soon.

Comment

YOOOOHOOOOO!

There's munchies in the Galleria!!
                      1-800-Iluv-JandT
                      sig by Sci!

Comment

Hey maniacs........

Hope everyones having a good weekend. Great new Xmas smilies....

JM BLOG UPDATE for last night was a HUGE entry all about TMC and minus a mailbag.

Congrats to milestones! I see Elf passed 6 grand!!! Go Elf dude!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                          Hey maniacs........

Hope everyones having a good weekend. Great new Xmas smilies....

JM BLOG UPDATE for last night was a HUGE entry all about TMC and minus a mailbag.

Congrats to milestones! I see Elf passed 6 grand!!! Go Elf dude!
                          Thanks DUDE!
                          1-800-Iluv-JandT
                          sig by Sci!

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Very Cool! I left you post in the Galleria Camy!
                              1-800-Iluv-JandT
                              sig by Sci!

Comment

Saw it...thanks! I think I made Sheppies face to red...see, I"m just not finding my muse lately! *sighs*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X