John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Camy View Post
    hon, your sig is the one I made, right? I already saw that one and commented to you on it, didn't I?
    really? you commented on it? no I think that was for my avatar, I had a different sig then

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
      *lol* Will you be back before I go to bed in the next few minutes
      G'Night NINA! Hey SCI!!
      1-800-Iluv-JandT
      sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

JM BLOG UPDATE (I know you all read it but better late than never lol)

Spoiler:
        Irulan writes: “You said something last month about no romance outside of McKay/Brown. Care to take that back?”

Answer: Nope.

Anonymous #1 writes: “would you mind answering some questions about Reunion that have been brought up by fans and a t.v. reviewer in North Carolina.
        1.Why don't the Atlantis writers move the series along in each episode?
        2.Instead of starting at the beginning of the village scene, why don't you start in the middle. You know, cut to the chase?
        3. How is the audience supposed to know that several weeks have passed since Lifeline?
        4. Even though Ronon made the decision to go with the Satedans, the decisioned was nulled by them being traitors. Your response to this?
        5. Why bother with a second jumper when the first jumper is cloaked?
        6. Doesn't Carter going off-world make Sheppard redundant?
        7. Why is Sheppard so stupid that he releases the replicator?
        8. What do you say to people who say this was a mined-out premise?”

Answers: 1. We always try to offer a mix of arc-driven and stand-alone episodes although, in the case of season four, we definitely will be seeing more of the former. As for the complaint that there is nothing in Reunion that “moves the series along” - Carter’s assuming command of the Atlantis expedition, the episode’s B story, is a huge development that has ramifications for the series as a whole. 2. You mean why not cut into the middle of a scene and start from there? More often than not, that’s exactly what I do, but I also like to offer up these smaller moments as it’s the small moments that go a long way toward developing our characters and their relationships with one another. 3. It’s never spelled out but is strongly suggested in Sheppard-Carter scene when Sheppard refers to the I.O.A. stonewalling his attempts to mount a rescue op for Elizabeth. 4. At the end of the day, the audience knows he will not be leaving Atlantis. No surprise there. What’s surprising is that he does make a choice - and it’s not the one we expected. 5. The wraith are expecting a rescue mission so, even if Carter and co. are cloaked going in, their entry to the facility will be no less easy. However, by having the second jumper do the fly by, it not only leads the perimeter defenses away form the facilities, but lulls the interior defenses, allowing our team to take them by surprise. 6. No. Carter’s military and science background will allow her to contribute in many areas, but off-world ops and science & technology still remain Sheppard and McKay’s areas of expertise. 7. He doesn’t. When Carter leads the team in, Zelenka zeroes in on a power conduit that is immediately targeted. Once this is done, the power to the whole facility ebbs (thus the dimming lights and the flickering force shield surrounding the replicator), weakening the force shield and, ultimately, allowing the replicator to escape. 8. One could argue that scifi in general is mined-out. Yet another time travel story. Or another AU story. Or another alien invasion story. The key is finding what makes this particular story special for your characters. Take Window of Opportunity for example. One could argue that it was a mined-out story and yet, it turned out to be a fan favorite.

Anonymous #2 writes: “The reason the whole Ronon/Keller romance is turning stomachs is because right out of the gate they seem to be shoved together…”

Answer: True. Adrift, Lifeline, Reunion, and Doppelganger have been veritable Ronon/Keller lovefests.

Anonymous #3 writes: “What's with the weak writing and shoving Keller into every single situation?”

Answer: Yeah, what’s with shoving the Chief Medical Officer into every situation that deals with a medical emergency? Can’t Zelenka do that?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post

Spoiler:
          Irulan writes: “You said something last month about no romance outside of McKay/Brown. Care to take that back?”

Anonymous #1 writes: “would you mind answering some questions about Reunion that have been brought up by fans and a t.v. reviewer in North Carolina.
          2.Instead of starting at the beginning of the village scene, why don't you start in the middle. You know, cut to the chase?
          3. How is the audience supposed to know that several weeks have passed since Lifeline?
          4. Even though Ronon made the decision to go with the Satedans, the decisioned was nulled by them being traitors. Your response to this?

Answers: 1. We always try to offer a mix of arc-driven and stand-alone episodes although, in the case of season four, we definitely will be seeing more of the former. As for the complaint that there is nothing in Reunion that “moves the series along” - Carter’s assuming command of the Atlantis expedition, the episode’s B story, is a huge development that has ramifications for the series as a whole. 2. You mean why not cut into the middle of a scene and start from there? More often than not, that’s exactly what I do, but I also like to offer up these smaller moments as it’s the small moments that go a long way toward developing our characters and their relationships with one another. 3. It’s never spelled out but is strongly suggested in Sheppard-Carter scene when Sheppard refers to the I.O.A. stonewalling his attempts to mount a rescue op for Elizabeth. 4. At the end of the day, the audience knows he will not be leaving Atlantis. No surprise there. What’s surprising is that he does make a choice - and it’s not the one we expected. 5. The wraith are expecting a rescue mission so, even if Carter and co. are cloaked going in, their entry to the facility will be no less easy. However, by having the second jumper do the fly by, it not only leads the perimeter defenses away form the facilities, but lulls the interior defenses, allowing our team to take them by surprise. 6. No. Carter’s military and science background will allow her to contribute in many areas, but off-world ops and science & technology still remain Sheppard and McKay’s areas of expertise. 7. He doesn’t. When Carter leads the team in, Zelenka zeroes in on a power conduit that is immediately targeted. Once this is done, the power to the whole facility ebbs (thus the dimming lights and the flickering force shield surrounding the replicator), weakening the force shield and, ultimately, allowing the replicator to escape. 8. One could argue that scifi in general is mined-out. Yet another time travel story. Or another AU story. Or another alien invasion story. The key is finding what makes this particular story special for your characters. Take Window of Opportunity for example. One could argue that it was a mined-out story and yet, it turned out to be a fan favorite.

Anonymous #2 writes: “The reason the whole Ronon/Keller romance is turning stomachs is because right out of the gate they seem to be shoved together…”

Answer: True. Adrift, Lifeline, Reunion, and Doppelganger have been veritable Ronon/Keller lovefests.

Anonymous #3 writes: “What's with the weak writing and shoving Keller into every single situation?”

Answer: Yeah, what’s with shoving the Chief Medical Officer into every situation that deals with a medical emergency? Can’t Zelenka do that?
          MrsB, you left out my Q and his answer, but then I already posted that myself!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
            I'm back!!

I'm glad that you and Ruby posted that becaue I feel bad that I missed our newest newbie, Tatinha's posts.

I know there are so many goodies out there about JT. I can't wait to see more.

You know, I love it when you guys do that. It a nice terms of endearment(sp).

LOL. That sounds awesome..
            Spoiler:
            Can we see a picture of your costume when you get a chance.
            Spoiler:
            Hm, probably after my b-day. I don't have any boots though.

Spoiler:

Thanks Mrs.B! I actually hadn't read it.
            || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
              really? you commented on it? no I think that was for my avatar, I had a different sig then
              I could be wrong, but I"m pretty sure I commented on the sig first, and then I commented later on, on the icon and made the connection of the two...at least that's what I remembered! *wink*

Okay, this is one of my many theories or ideas or explanations or whatever regarding this whole scene with Teyla in the last episode.

Spoiler:
              If my recollection serves me right, going by JM's posting the Last Man Standing was not even written till only a month or two ago and that was when Rachel was about to leave....so, I am basing this that either Teyla's last episode will be Kindred and that scene would be in some other episode and not the last one, or that this is in fact a scene for The Last Man Standing and this has to be there for a reason, either Teyla is going to catch up to John as he's headed for a dangerous mission or he's catching up to her as she's leaving or something...cause this look like one of the hallmark moments between the two of them, or this is Teyla in The Last Man Standing in the Future. In either case, Rachel is very pregnant for the filming of the LMS and unless they really knew where they were headed for the season cliffie before Rachel really showed, which from the sound of things in JM's blog, they didn't until a couple of weeks ago, then I can't see how we will see any other Teyla in TLMS but a very pregnant Teyla.

hope that makes sense.
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Nope, hadn't seen it. I always wait till you post it and if there's anything good, I"ll go and check it out!

But that first question is interesting...

Spoiler:
                we know we aren't going to get anything romantic between John and Teyla. We are going to get lots of angsty moments and lots of sweet moments but they aren't going for romance between the two of them this season, but I"m hoping that next season will definetlely be ready for that and more! I think the foundation will be strengthen and if anything this season will either make or break JT. I think affirmation of feelings will be clear in our view and that I will be more than happy with. But I definetely need that next step of Teyla and John finally seeing that they feel more than just friendship for one another, I need that this season. And if this pregnancy doesn't reveal that for the two of them, then nothing will.
                sigpic

Comment

You know, JM is not making any sense...

Spoiler:
                  first he's saying that there's no romance between any other couple but Rodney/Katie and yet isn't Jewel stating that there will be some romance for her character? Didn't she say in that fan tv show that Keller is a romantic????

We really can't go by what JM writes all the time cause what we see is totally different from what we see, *LOL*
                  sigpic

Comment

You know, JM is not making any sense...

Spoiler:
                    first he's saying that there's no romance between any other couple but Rodney/Katie and yet isn't Jewel stating that there will be some romance for her character? Didn't she say in that fan tv show that Keller is a romantic????

We really can't go by what JM writes all the time cause what we see is totally different from what we see, *LOL*
                    Right! I thought it was wicked weird esp after seeing
                    Spoiler:
                    the vid with Ronon/Keller practically kissing!!! But no romance??? LOL Was it a dare or something hahaha

Comment

Oh, gosh, they are kissing....I have to see this...I think I"m going to pass out!
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh, gosh, they are kissing....I have to see this...I think I"m going to pass out!
                        Almost. Not quite.
                        || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Spoiler:
                          the vid with Ronon/Keller practically kissing!!! But no romance??? LOL Was it a dare or something hahaha
                          Can you post that link, Mrs. B? I can't find it!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                            Almost. Not quite.
                            Still, even the thought makes me wanna....Oh gosh!!!! I'll brb!
                            sigpic

Comment

Still, even the thought makes me wanna....Oh gosh!!!! I'll brb!
                              Here ya go dude: http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=169322

Comment

Spoiler:
                                I'm assuming it all comes back down to how you interpret romance.
                                Spoiler:
                                I think when he says no romance, he means just that, no ongoing romantic relationship. The vid shows an almost kiss. I'm assuming it will be like I said before, some sexual tension, awareness, cute awkwardness, an almost kiss, teasing, that kind of thing, but subtle and in the background. It won't be outright romance, just as JM has said.
                                Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X