Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
    LOL, I love the Hiro pic....

Well, update, girl! And totally bummer about work...don't they understand the importance of fic??

Me? I've got a story in my head but no Sheyla. It's more of a McWeir-ish story with Teyla/Rodney friendship thrown in. But, we'll see if that ever gets done. I'm trying to get the majority of my Christmas shopping done this week.

Spoiler:
    Yes, I'm one of THOSE kind of people, LOL

OT -
    Spoiler:
    McWeir huh? Is it a funny one, I bet it is. I know Rodney is your fav character after all!!Christmas shopping now is a genius move. I started early last year and it made everything that much easier come December.....Good on you dude

Comment

Lifeline not JT related.

Spoiler:
      Well as much as I love my JT moments I must confess I'm a Weir fan. I just like the character and will miss her terribly. It's like Carson all over again. I think that her deficiency lies in the writing for her just as much for Teyla. Those two should of come off as the best of friends considering their similar roles but the writing never gave us that impression. I loved that Teyla was torn up that she didn't return. I just wish they did more to play up their friendship. I loved Weir in this eppy but i will miss her and if there is a S5 I hope she's in it.
      Spoiler:
      Maffieg

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
        LOL. Ruby I loved the major Squeee!
        You also brought up some good views that I didn't see.
        Spoiler:
        Like with the connection in why she looks like when we first saw her. I never thought of that.
        I would never have looked at John as being nervous after infirmary scene with Teyla untile you said that. Thanks. I don't mind bringing up more. I loved the ep.
        Which bowl of Fruit loops?
        Spoiler:
        Well I don't know if it's fruit loops - someone else said that aaaages ago. You know in the last scene when he's eating and then it cuts to Rodney joining them and the bowl of whatever-it-is in the middle of the table and Teyla must have been sharing it...

Wow...I leave for a few of days and pages and pages occur and new/old people come to the thread! I'm never EVER going to catch up *sobs*

So, about SQUEEEE and Sheyla Powaaaaaaaaaa!

MrsB, got any new fics yet, young lady?? Same with you, Ruby...did you ever get the Beya challenge ones finished?
        LOL!! No!!! They're just sitting there unfinished... they keep looking at me...

Anyway, I've started on a new fic, and it's yet ANOTHER time travel one. I can hear you all groaning now... oh well, I guess it's just the Emmet Brown in me.

Great Scott!

Originally posted by girlinabox View Post

Spoiler:
        Agreed. Carter has a naturally calm disposition, and isn't as tightly wound and Weir. She has the ability to be a very strong leader even if she doesn't think so, yet.
        Absolutely
        Spoiler:

I think Carter will make a wonderful leader - by now she certainly has the experience and expertise, and as you say the temperament. I thought Weir was a good leader, but her biggest weakness was she didn't know how to deal with the military. For obvious reasons Carter doesn't have this problem.
        sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

Originally posted by maffieg View Post
          Great, wonderful, absolutely terrific. Am I the only one who have not yet seen DG. I feel left out!!!! I want to chat about it too and see the hug and squee and.. and .....

Okay I'm recovered now!!! I will just talk about Lifeline which I enjoyed a lot.
          BTW ruby, I see The great Elf has taught you well!!!!
          Lol, sorry Maff. Please accept the apology in the PM I sent you!

If it makes you feel better I still haven't seen Lifeline...
          sigpic

Comment

Lifeline not JT related.

Spoiler:
            Well as much as I love my JT moments I must confess I'm a Weir fan. I just like the character and will miss her terribly. It's like Carson all over again. I think that her deficiency lies in the writing for her just as much for Teyla. Those two should of come off as the best of friends considering their similar roles but the writing never gave us that impression. I loved that Teyla was torn up that she didn't return. I just wish they did more to play up their friendship. I loved Weir in this eppy but i will miss her and if there is a S5 I hope she's in it.
            Spoiler:
            I completely agree with you - I quite liked Teyla and Elizabeth's friendship, even though I agree they didn't show it develop enough. I thought Sunday was a great episode for them and all through the end of series 3 we got to see them together, which was lovely. I didn't think it was forced, I just think it was too little too late, which was a real shame.
            sigpic

Comment

Hey anyone!

Spoiler:
              Has anyone heard from Teyilia? How is she doing? PM me if know anything! Please.
              1-800-Iluv-JandT
              sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Wow...I leave for a few of days and pages and pages occur and new/old people come to the thread! I'm never EVER going to catch up *sobs*

So, about SQUEEEE and Sheyla Powaaaaaaaaaa!

MrsB, got any new fics yet, young lady?? Same with you, Ruby...did you ever get the Beya challenge ones finished?
                Hey Jess!!!
                Spoiler:
                I got the fics and will edit soon. I haven't taken the time to thank you sorry. You already beta 1-3 do you still want them?

Lifeline Chatter

Spoiler:

Lifeline viewed in shippyHD

John running after Teyla. Really that was just it for me!!!. The thought that he thinks so highly of her and trust her not some other military guy to lead Atlantis say much to me. The way these two interact just shows how much the two characters understand each other and support one another. The best scene of Lifeline.

Oh yes there was also the blatant flirting IMO (even in times of danger, really) with the no wild parties line. LOL. I love that line.

Oh Linda, you know my pain!!!
                I love those part too. I also liked it when John says..
                Spoiler:
                Hold up Chewie. LOL. (something like that) LOL

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                Sheyla powaaaaaaaaaaaaa lol I always picture Hiro from Heroes when I read that -
                Spoiler:

Anywho, I started a goofy Halloween one lol and updated Missing last week thats about it dude. I'm at work and they block ff.net now too, maybe I'll try to update today.

What about you? You got any fics coming up??
                Hey MrsB. When do we get more? On any of your wips.

Spoiler:
                I love Hiro. He's so funny. Heroes is on tonight.

Ruby. I love your sig. HOT!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
                  Absolutely
                  Spoiler:

I think Carter will make a wonderful leader - by now she certainly has the experience and expertise, and as you say the temperament. I thought Weir was a good leader, but her biggest weakness was she didn't know how to deal with the military. For obvious reasons Carter doesn't have this problem.
                  Spoiler:
                  Carter is also very well versed. She's a scientist as well as the soldier so she doesn't seem to have a favoritism in which field she prefers. And she might be able to cool the fire, rivalry, and the problems between the scientists and the military (remember The Siege). Even if Carter isn't a born diplomat like Weir, diplomacy and negotiating is one of Teyla's areas of expertise, so she could team up with Carter.

Love your sig Ruby! S/J and J/T!

Lifeline not JT related.

Spoiler:
                  I was a fan of the Elizabeth/Teyla friendship and I really wished the writers explored it a lot more than they did.

my ships

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                    Hey anyone!

Spoiler:
                    Has anyone heard from Teyilia? How is she doing? PM me if know anything! Please.
                    I haven't - I hope she's okay.

Ruby. I love your sig. HOT!!!!
                    Thanks Sci
                    sigpic

Comment

Sci - Hey dude! I'm actually writing more to Missing right now as we speak!!! Are you starting a new fic???

Elf - I thought I saw Tey here this weekend as I lurked

Ruby - Your sig IS bomb!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                        Sci - Hey dude! I'm actually writing more to Missing right now as we speak!!! Are you starting a new fic???

Elf - I thought I saw Tey here this weekend as I lurked

Ruby - Your sig IS bomb!
                        Thanks MrsB.

Have you seen Broca Divide?

Spoiler:
                        It's the fourth/fifth episode of SG-1 series one, and basically pretty much the whole base gets turned into neanderthals. Sam is one of the first to get infected, and as females go for leaders and strong alpha males as mates she jumps Jack in the locker room. It's the funniest, greatest scene... Jack's reaction is priceless.

I think I've said this before but I SO want this to come up in conversation between John and Sam. You know what, I think I'll just write a fic about it... watch this space
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by girlinabox View Post
                          Welcome to the thread fellow J/T lover!! We're a wonderful, friendly, crazy bunch!

Spoiler:
                          Agreed. Carter has a naturally calm disposition, and isn't as tightly wound as Weir. She has the ability to be a very strong leader even if she doesn't think so, yet.
                          I agree. Carter is slowly growing on me... I was a bit worried after Adrift as I found her scenes there boring and out of place... but watching her interact with the team in Doppelganger, I really enjoyed it...

In Doppelganger.
                          Spoiler:
                          She was cool and collected.. no tense posture and wringing of hands... and she could actually contribute. Her experience makes her the perfect choice... Weir couldnt have done a thing to help anyone in this situation and the writers were running out of things for her to do, and just sticking her in eps she wasn't really needed in. At least they finally gave her something usefull to do.. but she still seemed off to me... like she was completley disconnected from everyone and didn't really seem to care what happened to her, and couldnt she have shown some gratitude to Rodney and the team for actually saving her!! She didnt object when they saved her in TRW... so she had been through an ordeal but was that a reason to give up.. she didnt even give Rodney the opportunity to come up with some genius plan that could have neutralised the nanites. She just seemed angry with everyone!!.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                            I agree. Carter is slowly growing on me... I was a bit worried after Adrift as I found her scenes there boring and out of place... but watching her interact with the team in Doppelganger, I really enjoyed it...

In Doppelganger.
                            Spoiler:
                            She was cool and collected.. no tense posture and wringing of hands... and she could actually contribute. Her experience makes her the perfect choice... Weir couldnt have done a thing to help anyone in this situation and the writers were running out of things for her to do, and just sticking her in eps she wasn't really needed in. At least they finally gave her something usefull to do.. but she still seemed off to me... like she was completley disconnected from everyone and didn't really seem to care what happened to her, and couldnt she have shown some gratitude to Rodney and the team for actually saving her!! She didnt object when they saved her in TRW... so she had been through an ordeal but was that a reason to give up.. she didnt even give Rodney the opportunity to come up with some genius plan that could have neutralised the nanites. She just seemed angry with everyone!!.
                            Well, still haven't seen Lifeline but I do agree with you about
                            Spoiler:
                            the writers not knowing what to do with her anymore. It was a mistake to have the leader of the base the leading lady when the show is primarily about the team exploring and saving the day. It would have worked so much better if she had been a more General Hammond type figure from the very start... sometimes pointless scenes were inserted just so they could have Weir in an episode where she just wasn't needed.

I really like Elizabeth as a character, so I think it's a shame they used her the wrong way like that.

And hey,

CONGRATS ON 4200!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
                              Lol, sorry Maff. Please accept the apology in the PM I sent you!

If it makes you feel better I still haven't seen Lifeline...

your too kind but i'll wait!!!

I love those part too. I also liked it when John says..
                              Spoiler:
                              Hold up Chewie. LOL. (something like that) LOL

I missed that!!! When was that?
                              Spoiler:
                              Maffieg

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                                Hey anyone!

Spoiler:
                                She was on here the other day,ain't heard from her lately though!

MrsB-WOOHOO,does that mean we're gonna get an update on Missing soon!!

DG
                                Spoiler:
                                OMG!!!!!!Just finished watching it,was it awesome or what...There was JT all over this,did you see the way she looked at John right after the infirmary scene when they said their goodnights,i mean come on...Obvious much then in her dream Ronan coming out and saying he knew they'd hook up but Teyla said they weren't hooking up or something like that but not very convincingly i might add and well the hug,it kinda went away from that scene a little quickly for my liking,i would have liked to have seen they're reaction after they pulled away from the hug....

They even added a bit of humour in it near the end when Rodney and the John's are on the boat and he's like it's not that weird or something and Rodneys like well what about that,they turn around and there's a clown sitting there staring back at them....I LLOL....I HATE clowns too!!!!

This has probably all been said before but some of us are a bit behind so tough
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X