John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lostinspace View Post
    Thought I'd chime in and say how much I love the Shep/Teyla interactions in S4 thus far. Joe and Rachel are giving us fantastic chemistry in their scenes, and you can't help but wonder if this was part of TPTB's plan to confirm the UST between them, esp. after those Sunday hints.

This recent Exclusive Magazine interview with Rachel got me thinking about what's to come....
    (beware spoilers re: Teyla's pregnancy)
    Spoiler:

Q: And just which character on 'Stargate: Atlantis' was it that got Teyla in this 'motherly way'?!
    A: "Well, you haven't met him. I will say though that he's part of her childhood. He's a part of how she was raised and reflective of her principles and how she grew up.... The character's name is 'Kanan,'"

Given this tidbit, I wonder if Teyla's pregnancy was more out of "duty" to her people, a hard decision that she made knowing that it would also create tremendous conflict between her and Sheppard, given their growing interest in each other....
    Welcome...I had thought of this and was one of my speculations or hopes, but then why,
    Spoiler:
    hide it? Why would Teyla hide something that was meant to be done for something good? I don't know. It's all very confusing.

Reunion up next...not much spoilers out there with Reunion, is there? And I think Teyla is going to go with Ronon to this planet. So, I"m curious to see if we meet Kanan here. Maybe it's not just a Reunion for Ronon but also for Carter who will meet up with Teal'c and maybe Teyla meets up with an old lover. But then, Scifan brought up a good point after seeing DG. Why would Teyla continue to linger over John and so blatantly express her feelings of concern and care for him if she's sleeping with another man? Maybe it was just a one night-thing. I don't know, the suspense is killing me. We are going to meet him early on though, so we are going to have to wait and see.

Athosian Girl, Witchy...nice to have you girls back!

I came to remind you that the Beya Prompt Battle is almost done...there are three new wonderful fics...go and leave a reply cause they are very good.

http://community.livejournal.com/sga...w=80795#t80795

Remember there's page one and page 2 now.

Last chance to participate cause after Monday night it will be all over! Woohoo!
    sigpic

Comment

Hello all! Sorry for my absense, but I got sick with one of those damn multi day migrianes again.

I have not seen 'Adrift' due to the fact that my tape recorder screwed up and didn't tape it. I really need to get myself a DVR or something. Hopefully it taped 'Lifeline' or I'm going to be really mad.

I'm looking forward to any shippyness this season.
      Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Question?

Spoiler:
        Does anyone have an idea of when Shep finds out about the pregnancy? I was reading spoilers for 'Be All My Sins Remember'd' and it mentioned Teyla going with the team to find other Wraith ships. I don't think they'ed let her go in they knew, but shouldn't Keller have found out in an post op exam? This episode is the second half of the mid-season two-parter, so I wonder how far a long she is? Are has something already happened to the baby? What do you guys think?

Comment

Good afternoon JT'ers...

Welcome any more newbies and great to see some oldies here as welll... drop by more often.

I've watched Adrift, Lifeline and Doppelganger and have to say that Doppelganger is my fav.... and is a wonderful JT episode.

Can't wait for everyone to see it so we can all squeee together.

Hope the ratings are better than Adrift.. but
          Spoiler:
          for me Lifeline was the weakest of the first 3 eps. it just lacked something so didn't keep my attention as much as Adrift and Doppelganger.

I havn't had a chance to do any of the challenges Camy.... and still not managed to sort ouT registration on Beya.... one of these days!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
            YOU ROCK LINDA!!!! GREAT JOB!! Thanks for posting the link!!
            No problem Elf,feel free to help yourself!

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
            Nope. They do not vanish! My power just came back on! WE had some really bad thunderstorms come through here and with the wind and stuff the power went..

Aw man,that suxs,glad you've got your power back on!

AthosianGirl-Luv your sig,the biggest sheyla shipper in the universe!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Devine27 View Post
              Question?

Spoiler:
              Does anyone have an idea of when Shep finds out about the pregnancy? I was reading spoilers for 'Be All My Sins Remember'd' and it mentioned Teyla going with the team to find other Wraith ships. I don't think they'ed let her go in they knew, but shouldn't Keller have found out in an post op exam? This episode is the second half of the mid-season two-parter, so I wonder how far a long she is? Are has something already happened to the baby? What do you guys think?
              Honestly, we don't have any idea. There's actually a bet going on right now about when he finds out, and most people are going with "The Seer". It's all very confusing though. Let's hope it works out OK!
              || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post

Hope the ratings are better than Adrift.. but
                Spoiler:
                for me Lifeline was the weakest of the first 3 eps. it just lacked something so didn't keep my attention as much as Adrift and Doppelganger.

What do you think was missing? I've only seen parts of Lifeline, and I really liked it. I'll miss Weir.

my ships

Comment

Originally posted by lostinspace View Post
                  Thought I'd chime in and say how much I love the Shep/Teyla interactions in S4 thus far. Joe and Rachel are giving us fantastic chemistry in their scenes, and you can't help but wonder if this was part of TPTB's plan to confirm the UST between them, esp. after those Sunday hints.

This recent Exclusive Magazine interview with Rachel got me thinking about what's to come....
                  (beware spoilers re: Teyla's pregnancy)
                  Spoiler:

Q: And just which character on 'Stargate: Atlantis' was it that got Teyla in this 'motherly way'?!
                  A: "Well, you haven't met him. I will say though that he's part of her childhood. He's a part of how she was raised and reflective of her principles and how she grew up.... The character's name is 'Kanan,'"

Given this tidbit, I wonder if Teyla's pregnancy was more out of "duty" to her people, a hard decision that she made knowing that it would also create tremendous conflict between her and Sheppard, given their growing interest in each other....
                  I can't remember if you've been in here before or not, so just in case,
                  Welcome to the thread, Lostinspace!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to see what else we get in season four too! Great thoughts on some of the possibilities as well!
                  Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

I've seen Lifeline and i thought it was ok,could have been better!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                      Hello all! Sorry for my absense, but I got sick with one of those damn multi day migrianes again.

I have not seen 'Adrift' due to the fact that my tape recorder screwed up and didn't tape it. I really need to get myself a DVR or something. Hopefully it taped 'Lifeline' or I'm going to be really mad.

I'm looking forward to any shippyness this season.
                      Hi Padme!!! Sorry to hear you've been sick.

Spoiler:
                      Have you gone to the doctor for a shot or do you have prescription meds for your migraines? I have a prescription, but if that doesn't work and the migraine still continues, I have to go in for a shot. I can't remember what it is, but they do two shots, one in each arm, at the same time. It hurts, but really helps and is much better than suffering for days on end. I'm so sorry you've had to go through that. It's awful.

Comment

Originally posted by girlinabox View Post
                        What do you think was missing? I've only seen parts of Lifeline, and I really liked it. I'll miss Weir.
                        Spoiler:
                        I found it a bit too predictable and there was no real suspense in it for me. The sudden plan to go deep into the Replicator city just seemed too contrived and I knew straight away that this is how they were going to get rid of Weir... Weir also seemed a bit off and the emotion that everyone displayed in Adrift seemed to be lacking here. I know that they were prepared to engage the kill switch but it all seemed a bit emotionless. I wasn't surprised by the Weir/Oberoth thing at all and had a feeling that it was just a mind game. This ep was just all about getting rid of Weir and it didnt pack a punch for me at all, and didnt even come close to the emotions that everyone was feeling in Sunday after Carsons death. The only one with genuine emotion was Teyla ... but sorry I just don't buy the Weir/Teyla friendship angle at all.. it was just thrown in at the end of season three and it never really rang true for me.. so Teyla is the last person I would have expected to be showing the emotion... Rodney would have been on the top of my list but nothing from him..eventhough the previous week he had disobeyed a direct order to try and save her and even put the entire city in danger doing so...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Devine27 View Post
                          Question?

Spoiler:
                          Hi Dee! We don't know, so at this point, we've been taking bets as to when it will be. LOL!
                          Spoiler:
                          But it does look like Teyla continues being involved throughout most of the season, so I'm glad to see that they're not letting the pregnancy hold her back. I suspect that is her choice and the guys grudgingly agree. I'm sure we'll see them being more protective of her though and insisting on her staying in the jumper or staying behind when needed though, especially as she gets further along.

I'm very curious to see how it will all play out, not just the big unknowns, WHO and WHY, but how it will affect her relationships and her position on the team as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
                            Welcome...I had thought of this and was one of my speculations or hopes, but then why,
                            Spoiler:
                            hide it? Why would Teyla hide something that was meant to be done for something good? I don't know. It's all very confusing.

Reunion up next...not much spoilers out there with Reunion, is there? And I think Teyla is going to go with Ronon to this planet. So, I"m curious to see if we meet Kanan here. Maybe it's not just a Reunion for Ronon but also for Carter who will meet up with Teal'c and maybe Teyla meets up with an old lover. But then, Scifan brought up a good point after seeing DG. Why would Teyla continue to linger over John and so blatantly express her feelings of concern and care for him if she's sleeping with another man? Maybe it was just a one night-thing. I don't know, the suspense is killing me. We are going to meet him early on though, so we are going to have to wait and see.

Athosian Girl, Witchy...nice to have you girls back!

I came to remind you that the Beya Prompt Battle is almost done...there are three new wonderful fics...go and leave a reply cause they are very good.

http://community.livejournal.com/sga...w=80795#t80795

Remember there's page one and page 2 now.

Last chance to participate cause after Monday night it will be all over! Woohoo!
                            New stories! Woohoo!!! I'm off to read! Thanks Camy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              I found it a bit too predictable and there was no real suspense in it for me. The sudden plan to go deep into the Replicator city just seemed too contrived and I knew straight away that this is how they were going to get rid of Weir... Weir also seemed a bit off and the emotion that everyone displayed in Adrift seemed to be lacking here. I know that they were prepared to engage the kill switch but it all seemed a bit emotionless. I wasn't surprised by the Weir/Oberoth thing at all and had a feeling that it was just a mind game. This ep was just all about getting rid of Weir and it didnt pack a punch for me at all, and didnt even come close to the emotions that everyone was feeling in Sunday after Carsons . The only one with genuine emotion was Teyla ... but sorry I just don't buy the Weir/Teyla friendship angle at all.. it was just thrown in at the end of season three and it never really rang true for me.. so Teyla is the last person I would have expected to be showing the emotion... Rodney would have been on the top of my list but nothing from him..eventhough the previous week he had disobeyed a direct order to try and save her and even put the entire city in danger doing so...
                              Spoiler:

Hmm...I don't know. Although I agree with you that Sunday was a lot more genuinely emotional than Lifeline. Maybe some of the loss of Weir will wash over into Reunion a little.

my ships

Comment

OT for Lifeline
                                Spoiler:
                                I personally loved this ep. I thought it was a great balance of action and humor, and I didn't think it was a bad send-off for Lizzie at all.
                                || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Working...
                                X