X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
    Unleashed

Spoiler:
    "Do you know why you're here, Colonel?" Dr. Heightmeyer asked gently, watching the man before her fidget awkwardly on the couch in her office, his hands clasped together and his upper body rocking rhythmically back and forth.

Colonel Sheppard looked up at the kind face of the blonde doctor and gave her a forced tight-lipped smile before replying, "Because Colonel Carter insisted." Theslightest hint of sarcasm was floating on his voice.

Kate smiled wide. "Yes, thats true Colonel Sheppard, but she did so for a specific reason. Would you like to talk about what happened?"

Colonel Sheppard stood from the couch and began circling it apprehensively, as his nerves tingled all over his body while he recalled the events that would haunt him now and forever. It had only been a few days, yet the unseen scars that remained, burned as a painful reminder and felt eternal, as though it had been years.

"Not really, but if thats what I'm supposed to do, then what choice do I have...No offense doc...," he gave a sheepish look out of the corner of his eye as he continued to move around the room anxiously.

Kate was used to resistance in patients, especially from those who were so well trained at keeping their emotions hidden, it usually made the revelations that much more explosive.

"Well then I'll start with what I know Colonel, if that makes it any easier," she said as she watched him make a reluctant face of agreement and she continued. "You were offworld with your team, an average day for you Colonel I'm sure, when something happened. You and your team entered a village. It says in your report the village seemed troublesome from the start..." Her voice trailed as she picked up the report and began reading it over, skimming his words.

"Yeah," he cleared his throat and began speaking as he examined the walls of her office carefully. "Troublesome to say the least. It reminded me of a town from some old western movie. People were roaming the streets completely hammered, starting fights everywhere, half dressed women shouting at us, even Rodney asked the first man we spoke to if his name was Wyatt Earp." John chuckled in spite of himself, obviously picturing the entire scene again in his head.

"We asked a couple people if they wanted to trade and they all directed us towards this particular building in the center of town, a sort of dominant saloon I guess you could call it. The four of us made it there without any interference. It's just that when we got there..." His voice trailed as he looked down at his shoes.

Kate looaked at him, watching the obvious emotions dance painfully across his face as he stood there, paused in thought. "Go on, Colonel," she urged him kindly.

His gaze was fixed on a particular piece of floor and he did not falter his gaze as he spoke, almost hypnotized by the surge of images past.

"There were all these people in there drinking, everyone was really loud and out of control. Rodney kept edging closer and closer to me as we walked through the chaos towards the bar looking for the owner. A large man stood behind the counter and gave us a filthy look when I asked to speak to whoever was in charge. He pointed a thumb towards a filthy, slimy looking guy at the end of the bar.So we went over to talk with him and..."

He stood there silent."So thats when it happened?" Kate asked after many moments of silence passed by.

John nodded. "He was obviously intoxicated. He payed no attention to what I was saying and immediately began pawing all over Teyla. Literally, pawing. He grabbed her close and Teyla fended him off easily enough with a strong arm twist, but he still came at her. He...he started touching her and it...it was ..."

"Inappropriate?" Kate offered.

"Very...so I..."

"Shot him?"

"Killed him..."

Kate nodded her head understandingly. "And how do you feel about that Colonel? Do you feel you did what was neccesary?

"No...I could have restrained him...I could have..."

"So why didnt you?"

"I...the way he was looking at her and...God, the way she looked at me when I did what I did, I..."

He buried his face into his hands momentarily before continuing.

"I just lost it, I just couldn't handle seeing him touch her like that."

"Why not Colonel? Because she's a member of your team? Because she's woman?? Or something more?"

John looked at Dr Heightmeyer directly for the first time since he had entered the room. "It doesn't matter why, it only matters that I did. I killed a man. In cold blood, when he had no weapon raised against me. I should be severely reprimanded or relieved of duty. It was a serious lack in judgement and I wouldn't hesitate to punish any one of the men under my command if the situation was reversed."

"Obviously Colonel, I don't approve of violence and certainly not murder, but I don't think you're being completely honest with your motives. To protect the people who matter the most to us is a primal emotion. It's pure instinct and the stronger the connection to the person, the stronger the emotion. I am going to insist you be suspended for a few weeks but only so that you can come to terms with what happened before getting back into the field. But even if you don't say anything aloud, I think you also need to realize your feelings for Teyla are deeper than you would like them to be. I think its important, so the next time a situation arises, you can distinguish the difference between your head and your heart."

Colonel Sheppard looked at the doctor who still carried a sympathetic smile across her face.

He nodded slowly and asked, "Are we done here doctor?"

"For now," she said softly.

He walked towards the door and stopped inches from it, before hesitantly looking back towards her over his shoulder. "She can never know..."

Kate nodded and watched as he straightened himself and walked out the door.

It's not that good but oh well......
    Mrs. B, artists are their worst critics. This was great ! Love emotional Shep!

Comment

Thanks guys!

Spoiler:
      Yeah I think the Conversion day had multiple impacts on her. I think the kiss fueled her already surpressed desires for him, showed her he felt something in return, showed her he can be aggressive, etc. I think it was a combination of exciting her and terrifying her but both feelings increasing her emotions towards him.

I really hope they played it well in the dream sequence and Crescere, if you are saying that Dopp. Shep can effect them in their dreams, would you agree its possible she could become pregnant in her dream the way Ronon awoke with a bruised cheek
      ?

Comment

Originally posted by Crescere View Post
        My theory—
        Spoiler:

Joe M. let slip that Teyla is pregnant in episode 4.07 Missing. Everything that follows is based on that fact. They will use episodes 4 and 5 to put some extreme tension between Teyla and John this season.

4.04 Doppelganger: The alien entity that John becomes a host to is evil. It causes him to appear in the dreams of each the Atlantis team members so it can interact with them through a ‘John doppelganger’, but it interacts causing ‘worst nightmare’ scenarios to occur.

Example: Ronon dreams of John betraying him to the Wraith. Dr. Keller dreams of accidentally killing John. Sam dreams of having a power struggle with John that ends in them destroying the city. Rodney dreams of being cut off from John while they are off world, and John’s life depends on something Rodney knows, but is unable to get through to him. Teyla dreams of John attacking her like he did in ep 2.08. Conversion.

Because this is a sentient being, it has the ability to make everything seem real (When John doppelganger punches Ronon in the face, the next day Ronon has a bruised cheek when he wakes up.) Once again, Teyla will be forced to understand that it isn’t John who is attacking her, even though it seems like it.

4.05 Travelers: Larrin will serve as a contrasting canvas. She will be John’s eye opener that all of the women he’s met from the beginning are manipulative little Circes. By the end of the episode he realizes that Teyla really is the only woman for him.

4.06 Tabula Rasa: Everyone but Ronon and Teyla lose their memories in this episode. (Ronon and Teyla probably have some sort of immunity because they are from Pegasus.) So, you have a nice scene in there where Teyla is trying to help a memory-less John remembers important parts of his life...because we all know that John, more than anyone, wants to know what's happening even when he can’t really do much to help.

Somewhere in there John asks about the status of his relationship with Teyla. God, she's beautiful, he's thinking the whole time. Teyla nervously give her answer in a diplomatic way to mask the feelings she has for him that she told Dr. Hewston about, but John sees right through that and bluntly restates his question in another way. "Have I ever kissed you, Teyla?" (John asks this question, not directly, but almost jokingly even though he is serious? —We see him do this all the time.)

Two episodes before, Teyla was reliving that kiss as her worst nightmare. She doesn’t respond, but her anxious expression immediately confirms that he has. But John doesn't wait for her to explain....he kisses her instead. The kiss leads to more.

The series writers are playing the cards in their favor. Check this out: Teyla gets pregnant, but the 'cure' that some scientist will come up with basically 'resets' the minds of the people who got sick to where the get all of their memories back, but lose the ones they made after they got infected. Which means John remembers his life and his friendship with Teyla, but he will forget making love to her. Instead of talking to John about what happened, she does the typical female thing and hides from him by going to New Athos with Dr. Keller in 4.07 Missing.

That is how when she gets 'found' after the episode Missing, we will have this grandiose reunion…

John: 'Teyla, you're pregnant!?!'
        Teyla: "With your child, John. I can explain..."
        (or something like that

It is the only possible scenario that will make sense to the fans. (Seriously, you can't bring in a new man just to get Teyla pregnant. We're in season 4 for crying out loud!!)

An amazing sense of angst is created from John not having any memory of the act and being slightly hurt when he realizes she's pregnant/ being crushed that he has missed his chance with Teyla because he thinks the child is someone else’s.

That is a d*mn good plot, and for them to have those 2 episodes (Tabula Rasa and Missing) back to back without playing that specific plot card....well, my money is down.
        Spoiler:
        That could very well work too! I would love for that to happen! DANG.....I'm dying to know now...Maybe I should find the eps JM is talking about.... I really love your insight on this Crescere it's Excellent!! I want my JT....NOW!
        1-800-Iluv-JandT
        sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Thanks guys!

Spoiler:
          Yeah I think the Conversion day had multiple impacts on her. I think the kiss fueled her already surpressed desires for him, showed her he felt something in return, showed her he can be aggressive, etc. I think it was a combination of exciting her and terrifying her but both feelings increasing her emotions towards him.

I really hope they played it well in the dream sequence and Crescere, if you are saying that Dopp. Shep can effect them in their dreams, would you agree its possible she could become pregnant in her dream the way Ronon awoke with a bruised cheek
          ?
          Good point. Hmmm... interesting...
          sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

Thanks guys!

Spoiler:

?
            Mrs. B, nice ob.

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
            Good point. Hmmm... interesting...
            I thought the same thing too.....

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06
              You got no worries here,none of us will post anything like that here

Ruby,your back...Welcome back my fellow Brit....Now are you gonna do any more of that restaurant fic or are you not gonna bother..Personally i'd like to see it continue and see what Teyla would do but it's totally up to you!
              Thanks Linda - I might finish it off, but not until I've finished Parallel, because that one's playing on my mind!

So many stories, so little time... dearie me.
              sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

Okk guys, mia culpa

A little note on the leaked season four episodes. Normally, we do have a hardline rule - no downloads can be mentioned or discussed, or links posted that are not an official download site, such as Unbox or ITunes.

As copyrighted material that is being illegally obtained via Torrent and other download services, the leaked episodes from the press screener are affected by our "no downloads discussion" rule, but in a slightly different way. People are free to talk about the episodes, the fact that they've been leaked, and (in this case) even the fact that they have seen them and the contents of the episodes. Screencaps are even fine.

They are not allowed to post download links or give instructions on how to get ahold of them on the public board.

Talking about them is fine -- what we want to avoid is GW becoming a place for trafficking in illegal downloads.
                Last edited by Skydiver; 15 September 2007, 11:11 AM.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hope24 View Post
                  Crescere, love your theory!!!

Spoiler:
                  I would love this scenario. It has always been my hope that John would turn out to be the father, but when tptb said, they wouldn't have two of their main characters having a child together. I was disappointed. I know, I don't want to see Teyla having some kind of thing. I thought or I wish they would a scenario like this. I am still hoping for it.
                  TPTB have to say stuff like that.
                  Spoiler:
                  At the end of the season, through some weasley reasoning, the will explain why the Tabula Rasa theory scenario doesn't count as two main characters having a child together (even though it really does). Having babies is the meaning of life. There are only so may ways to reinvent the wheel.

The people watching season 4 have already seen other scifi babies: ST:TNG-D'Anna Troy/ alian baby, ST: DS9 O'Brain/Keiko/Kira baby, ST:Voyager Tom/B'Elanna baby, ST:Enterprise Tucker/ T'Pol baby, Farscape: Crichton/ Aeryn Sun baby...and had Fox not been Fox we might have seen a Zoe/Wash baby. TPTB just don't want us making any incorrect assumptions based on the failures that came about through these previous scifi baby stories.

I honestly don't see how they can get Teyla pregnant by someone other than John without using an ill fated deux ex machina plot device just to produce some original scenario that doesn't involve two main characters.

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                  Love yer sig Crescere,it brill!

Geez guys,your all getting me really excited about TR and DG with all this talk....Not that i'm complaining or anything but i am starting to get really impatient,i just want it to start already!

Crescere
                  Spoiler:
                  I love your theory on TR,if only that would really happen then i would be a very happy bunny.....or should i be saying a very happy ninja linda!
                  Spoiler:

Thanks for the compliment. I believe 100% in my theory because it allows me to sleep at night. Life is full of disappointment, but I choose to have faith that the writers will be true to their work. Based on the law of precedent writing, John has to be the father. They gave us John and Teyla in a cave together on Athos in episode 2. It was their way of foreshadowing the relationship that would eventually take place between them.

Comment

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
                    Thanks Linda - I might finish it off, but not until I've finished Parallel, because that one's playing on my mind!

So many stories, so little time... dearie me.
                    Hey,that's cool,as long as i get some JT stories i'm quite happy so bring them on
                    sigpic

Comment

My theory—
                      Spoiler:

Joe M. let slip that Teyla is pregnant in episode 4.07 Missing. Everything that follows is based on that fact. They will use episodes 4 and 5 to put some extreme tension between Teyla and John this season.

4.04 Doppelganger: The alien entity that John becomes a host to is evil. It causes him to appear in the dreams of each the Atlantis team members so it can interact with them through a ‘John doppelganger’, but it interacts causing ‘worst nightmare’ scenarios to occur.

Example: Ronon dreams of John betraying him to the Wraith. Dr. Keller dreams of accidentally killing John. Sam dreams of having a power struggle with John that ends in them destroying the city. Rodney dreams of being cut off from John while they are off world, and John’s life depends on something Rodney knows, but is unable to get through to him. Teyla dreams of John attacking her like he did in ep 2.08. Conversion.

Because this is a sentient being, it has the ability to make everything seem real (When John doppelganger punches Ronon in the face, the next day Ronon has a bruised cheek when he wakes up.) Once again, Teyla will be forced to understand that it isn’t John who is attacking her, even though it seems like it.

4.05 Travelers: Larrin will serve as a contrasting canvas. She will be John’s eye opener that all of the women he’s met from the beginning are manipulative little Circes. By the end of the episode he realizes that Teyla really is the only woman for him.

4.06 Tabula Rasa: Everyone but Ronon and Teyla lose their memories in this episode. (Ronon and Teyla probably have some sort of immunity because they are from Pegasus.) So, you have a nice scene in there where Teyla is trying to help a memory-less John remembers important parts of his life...because we all know that John, more than anyone, wants to know what's happening even when he can’t really do much to help.

Somewhere in there John asks about the status of his relationship with Teyla. God, she's beautiful, he's thinking the whole time. Teyla nervously give her answer in a diplomatic way to mask the feelings she has for him that she told Dr. Hewston about, but John sees right through that and bluntly restates his question in another way. "Have I ever kissed you, Teyla?" (John asks this question, not directly, but almost jokingly even though he is serious? —We see him do this all the time.)

Two episodes before, Teyla was reliving that kiss as her worst nightmare. She doesn’t respond, but her anxious expression immediately confirms that he has. But John doesn't wait for her to explain....he kisses her instead. The kiss leads to more.

The series writers are playing the cards in their favor. Check this out: Teyla gets pregnant, but the 'cure' that some scientist will come up with basically 'resets' the minds of the people who got sick to where the get all of their memories back, but lose the ones they made after they got infected. Which means John remembers his life and his friendship with Teyla, but he will forget making love to her. Instead of talking to John about what happened, she does the typical female thing and hides from him by going to New Athos with Dr. Keller in 4.07 Missing.

That is how when she gets 'found' after the episode Missing, we will have this grandiose reunion…

John: 'Teyla, you're pregnant!?!'
                      Teyla: "With your child, John. I can explain..."
                      (or something like that

It is the only possible scenario that will make sense to the fans. (Seriously, you can't bring in a new man just to get Teyla pregnant. We're in season 4 for crying out loud!!)

An amazing sense of angst is created from John not having any memory of the act and being slightly hurt when he realizes she's pregnant/ being crushed that he has missed his chance with Teyla because he thinks the child is someone else’s.

That is a d*mn good plot, and for them to have those 2 episodes (Tabula Rasa and Missing) back to back without playing that specific plot card....well, my money is down.

OMG!! I love this and it's so plausible. Fantastic.. I think I need you to email JM right away with your theory.. very realistic.. if only the writers could give us something like this..
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys!

Spoiler:

?
                        More theories:
                        Spoiler:
                        I really want to believe that baby JT was conceived out of love instead of force, which is why the part of my theory concerning Dopp does not involve Teyla getting preg by John via dopp John. I mentioned Ronon's bruises earlier because all of the team will have similar 'real' marks of run ins with the dopp from their dreams. Teyla will make a greater effort to hide what the dopp has done to her because of the very sensitive nature of the attack and because of her fear of how it would affect her relationship with real John if he knew what the alien was doing to her in her sleep. (of course, it takes them awhile to figure out that an alien is behind it all) John never physically touches her so there is no spread of genetic material etc...

Let's define Dopp John. The entity feeds on emotions of terror by creating a loop of fear. Each team member wakes up horrified that they bare physical marks from the struggles that took place during their nightmares. They begin to dread sleeping because they know the bad dreams will keep occurring. The real terror for all of them is that they will have to see John every morning when they wake up. He is completely innocent, but after one or two dreams, they are unable to keep themselves convinced that 'it is only a dream' because every time they see him they feel pain driven by the emotions from the dreams. (Pavlov's dogs anyone?)

Comment

hmmm,about Hide and Seek....It's been a while since i saw this ep,i remember Shep hogging the popcorn bowl and trying to explain a hail mary to Teyla which was kinda funny!

p.s. blue,love yer sig,so kewl!
                          sigpic

Comment

More theories:
                            Spoiler:
                            I really want to believe that baby JT was conceived out of love instead of force, which is why the part of my theory concerning Dopp does not involve Teyla getting preg by John via dopp John. I mentioned Ronon's bruises earlier because all of the team will have similar 'real' marks of run ins with the dopp from their dreams. Teyla will make a greater effort to hide what the dopp has done to her because of the very sensitive nature of the attack and because of her fear of how it would affect her relationship with real John if he knew what the alien was doing to her in her sleep. (of course, it takes them awhile to figure out that an alien is behind it all) John never physically touches her so there is no spread of genetic material etc...

Let's define Dopp John. The entity feeds on emotions of terror by creating a loop of fear. Each team member wakes up horrified that they bare physical marks from the struggles that took place during their nightmares. They begin to dread sleeping because they know the bad dreams will keep occurring. The real terror for all of them is that they will have to see John every morning when they wake up. He is completely innocent, but after one or two dreams, they are unable to keep themselves convinced that 'it is only a dream' because every time they see him they feel pain driven by the emotions from the dreams. (Pavlov's dogs anyone?)
                            You know,i am so loving your theories......Why can't you write the scripts!
                            sigpic

Comment

TPTB have to say stuff like that.
                              Spoiler:
                              At the end of the season, through some weasley reasoning, the will explain why the Tabula Rasa theory scenario doesn't count as two main characters having a child together (even though it really does). Having babies is the meaning of life. There are only so may ways to reinvent the wheel.

The people watching season 4 have already seen other scifi babies: ST:TNG-D'Anna Troy/ alian baby, ST: DS9 O'Brain/Keiko/Kira baby, ST:Voyager Tom/B'Elanna baby, ST:Enterprise Tucker/ T'Pol baby, Farscape: Crichton/ Aeryn Sun baby...and had Fox not been Fox we might have seen a Zoe/Wash baby. TPTB just don't want us making any incorrect assumptions based on the failures that came about through these previous scifi baby stories.

I honestly don't see how they can get Teyla pregnant by someone other than John without using an ill fated deux ex machina plot device just to produce some original scenario that doesn't involve two main characters.

Spoiler:

Thanks for the compliment. I believe 100% in my theory because it allows me to sleep at night. Life is full of disappointment, but I choose to have faith that the writers will be true to their work. Based on the law of precedent writing, John has to be the father. They gave us John and Teyla in a cave together on Athos in episode 2. It was their way of foreshadowing the relationship that would eventually take place between them.
                              Crescere, it's the only thing that make sense to me too.. and I am willing to overlook the tptb
                              Spoiler:
                              weasley reasoning, that will explain why the Tabula Rasa theory scenario doesn't count as two main characters having a child together (even though it really does). Just so long as it does happen.

Comment

More theories:
                                Spoiler:

I'm so glad we're finally getting to hear your theories

Spoiler:
                                But by the same right you cant rule out pregnancy through the dream if the actions inside them are projecting in reality. It may not be as probable as the Tabula Rasa one or as romantic, but its definitely still a possibility. The Tabula Rasa scenario would create good angst if something were to happen to Teyla in the aftermath, kidnapped, experimented on, etc. But the Dopp Shep scenario would make better angst because she would be preg by John but not by John which in turn could cause intense jealousy because the actual him was never actually with her. I'm not sure which scene I would like better.

Prob the Dopp Shep one cuz I'm kind of an angst queen lol

Comment

Working...
                                X