John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Camy
    Cool! I don't think I've heard this one! Not an Ashlee Simpson Fan....

Me neither, but I heard it on the radio and it's a kind of pop punk type fast song and by the middle of the first verse I had vid images flashing thru my mind! (anyone at all, feel free to take my little vid bunny! I had high hopes of getting into vidding, but then I got pregnant again {which is a good thing} and my furnace blew up {which is a bad thing} and now I don't have any money for a new computer or vidding tech until probably sometime in late 06 or 07.)
    It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

OK, is it me, or are a lot of people here women, now?
      This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

There were lots of men before??? Most shippers I know are girls. There are guys, but just not alot...
        It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by NoDot
          OK, is it me, or are a lot of people here women, now?

Ah...is there a problem with this? Cause, if you want me to, I can be both...LOL.....

Seriously...I am a woman.. fortunately for my husband....
          But, I don't mind chatting with men in this or any other forum...
          by the way, what are you? male or female?

I love anyone who loves John and Teyla...I am not very complicated....
          sigpic

Comment

Hi guys! How's the weekend treating you? Any ideas for the next topic of discussion? "Suspicion" is on next week in syndication and I FINALLY figured out what station I need to tape, so all is good. Season one Shep/Teyla prettiness is coming my way...can't wait 'till Saturday!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
              So proud of you Camy!! I'm so glad you've decided to challenge yourself and try your hand at writing. And you know what, even if you decide not to post it, you can always go back and read it for yourself. Some of my early stories I didn't feel comfortable posting, but it's nice to have your ideas down on paper. And you know that I will definitely be willing to walk you through whatever you need help with and look over what you have. I love being a beta, so definitely give me a yell. Again, so, so proud that you're doing this. Writing feels really good -- you'll find out soon enough.

OH, really you shouldn't because I am really, really, really, scared about this...never in my life..well, maybe a couple of times..have I've been so nervous about this..but anyways, Thanks...this means a lot to me and that you understand and are willing to help, when I think so highly of your writing, is even more important to me...I just hope I don't let you down...terribly!
              anyways, PM me so that you can give me the means of how to send this to you...email? Let me know...thanks for the green....I still can't figure this out..sometimes, it lets me green people and sometimes it doesn't. I think it is my computer...I know I am not supposed to green people after I do others...but everytime I do, the computer won't let me...Darn it computer...I've asked on for my birthday, but I've also asked for the Season 1 Dvd...can't have it all! or can I? hehehehe

I will wait till you PM me...Witchblade will receive my first draft soon....
              Oh, I feel like I'm giving you my first born...!
              sigpic

Comment

Um, WitchBlade, do you mind if I prostrate myself at your feet? Thank you, thank you, thank you for this! I've been looking for this list for forever, and now I can FINALLY watch Season 1! Thanks again, and you're so getting green for this!
                I don't mind if you don't... ....Happy u can see it....Even though Gateworld says it's suppose to be thirty-eight minutes...but i saw Hide and Seek... ......

R.I.P Wraithlord
                Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                  Me neither, but I heard it on the radio and it's a kind of pop punk type fast song and by the middle of the first verse I had vid images flashing thru my mind! (anyone at all, feel free to take my little vid bunny! I had high hopes of getting into vidding, but then I got pregnant again {which is a good thing} and my furnace blew up {which is a bad thing} and now I don't have any money for a new computer or vidding tech until probably sometime in late 06 or 07.)

I know what you mean...not about getting pregnant..did that three times...I'm done! I made sure I took care of it!
                  No more for this hot chicky! Hope all is well, though....

Anyways, over here in the Northeast we haven't seen any sunshine until today...it's been raining for the past 9 days and I just realized last night, that I had a swimming pool in my basement that I was not very fond of...So, I spent the next 6 hours pumping out the excess water and now my entire body aches....
                  My husband just came in and blames me for this...WTH! MEN!...I just wanna..
                  Never mind...he'll get it tonight! once I'm done with him! He knows better than to mess with CAMY! He went camping with the boys..and I am sick in bed and I decide to drain all that crap out of my basement for six hours and this is my FAULT! sorry guys, had to vent because I don't fight with him when the kids are around...have to wait till they fall asleep in the next 5 hours so that I can lay it on him!

So, I do understand your frustration......still can't wait till 4'oclock and I will see the syndicated Atlantis here..but my tv says that it's not 38 minutes playing but Hide and Seek...either way...love them both...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
                    Ah...is there a problem with this?
                    No, it's just feeling a little wierd with almost everyone in the thread being female...

by the way, what are you? male or female?
                    I don't like telling people that little bit of info online (fun game), no offense.
                    This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

NoDotNo, it's just feeling a little wierd with almost everyone in the thread being female...
                      Nothing wrong with us females... we just chat a lot...

I don't like telling people that little bit of info online (fun game), no offense

Oh...okay! so you want to play that game...then you have to chat more..so I can figure it out...

anyways...some pics for us to just ponder and meditate....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

sigpic

Comment

Have a couple of other pics...

Look at Sheppard's face..Now tell me if that is not the face of a jealous and upset man!

sigpic

Comment

Just watched "Duet" again, and of course, I kept rewinding the little scene with Shep, Teyla, and Ronon. This was a great little bit of the episode. I love the hurt, puppy-dog expression he gets when he realizes Teyla's already sparring with Ronon. Also, when she's getting up from the ground, watch Sheppard. He moves to place himself between Teyla and Ronon and then turns to her to make sure she's okay. It's just too cute. Love, love, love this scene!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

Comment

Just watched "Duet" again, and of course, I kept rewinding the little scene with Shep, Teyla, and Ronon. This was a great little bit of the episode. I love the hurt, puppy-dog expression he gets when he realizes Teyla's already sparring with Ronon. Also, when she's getting up from the ground, watch Sheppard. He moves to place himself between Teyla and Ronon and then turns to her to make sure she's okay. It's just too cute. Love, love, love this scene!

I love it too...did you see the picture...I didn't record it this week but I just love that scene from that episode...I do hope we get little scenes like this in the second half....

Love those two...How can anyone deny something is there...I mean I could see how he would protect any other girl after seen what Ronon was doing...but what gives him away is his reaction before, when he walks him on them fighting..clearly upset at the sight...why? jealous...perhaps and then of coarse like you say...he can't possibly think he could take on Ronon, but he doesn't think about this..he is pumped up..and then the little scolding he gives her....You need to be careful what you say to him....I mean really, very protective of her....love it!
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey, I just caught "Hide and Seek" on UPN (Finally, thanks for the heads up as to when it was showing) By the way loved the picture of Teyla sitting by John watching football. That was you Camy, right?

"Hide and Seek" was a great episode for John and Teyla. It was really one of the episodes that helped solidify me as a true John/Teyla supporter. In the "Rising" they had great chemistry but it was all bases on looks and a little charm. But in "Hide and Seek" an actual friendship began to form between these two and I could really believe if a romance started to form. It became more than "He's/She's cute" and actually had two characters getting to know each other and their different cultures. (ex. John telling stories to the Athosian children and Teyla expressing interest in the football that John said he loved so much) I love this stuff!!!! Can't wait untill the 15th of November to buy Season 1 on DVD

Since "Hide and Seek" was on this week, that means "38 Minutes" is next. One of my favorite episodes. I love the moment when the pubblejumper gets lodged in the Stargate and everyone is knocked around. Sheppard is actually knocked out but when he come to the first things he does is ask if Teyla is okay. There John is, propped up against the wall, a 'funky alien bug' attacked to his neck and no doubt in horrible pain, and the first thing he does is ask if Teyla is okay.

Thanks for everyone who read my fanfic (Camy, Witchblade007, and SnoggingPicard) I'm trying to write my second John/Teyla fic but John is no where in sight, only Teyla. Oh well, he'll show up I think.....

And Camy.......don't give up, you gave me the courage to post my story and I'm giving it right back at you. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Take your time, re-read, start over....I did it all but I finished and so will you and when your ready I'll be hear to read it

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl
                                Hey, I just caught "Hide and Seek" on UPN (Finally, thanks for the heads up as to when it was showing) By the way loved the picture of Teyla sitting by John watching football. That was you Camy, right?

"Hide and Seek" was a great episode for John and Teyla. It was really one of the episodes that helped solidify me as a true John/Teyla supporter. In the "Rising" they had great chemistry but it was all bases on looks and a little charm. But in "Hide and Seek" an actual friendship began to form between these two and I could really believe if a romance started to form. It became more than "He's/She's cute" and actually had two characters getting to know each other and their different cultures. (ex. John telling stories to the Athosian children and Teyla expressing interest in the football that John said he loved so much) I love this stuff!!!! Can't wait untill the 15th of November to buy Season 1 on DVD
                                I love this scene. It really shows that these two have a natural, easy friendship, and I love how it evolves over time. It starts out with physical attraction, which is perfectly fine, but it goes so much further than that. They share each others' culture and interests and have so many serious moments and light, funny bits. They are so trusting and comfortable with each other, and I just love them to bits. I can't even express how great these little, cute scenes make me feel -- this is what a ship should really be based on, not constant worrying after the other ::cough:: Elizabeth ::cough:: Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Weir, but it reallly worries me what they're doing to her character in light of Shep (and the rest of the team, but particularly Shep) being in trouble.

Since "Hide and Seek" was on this week, that means "38 Minutes" is next. One of my favorite episodes. I love the moment when the pubblejumper gets lodged in the Stargate and everyone is knocked around. Sheppard is actually knocked out but when he come to the first things he does is ask if Teyla is okay. There John is, propped up against the wall, a 'funky alien bug' attacked to his neck and no doubt in horrible pain, and the first thing he does is ask if Teyla is okay.
                                I'm sooooo excited to see "38 Minutes". Haven't watched it since last year, but I do remember the scene that you're talking about. I love how he was still worried about her even though he was the one who was getting his guts sucked out through his neck. And Teyla was right there with him, making sure he was okay the entire time.

Okay, just want to ask you guys your opinion on this: the worrying that Weir does over Shep and the others vs the protectiveness that Shep has for Teyla. I really see a major difference in the way this is portrayed and accepted by the audience. While Weir's fretting gets very obvious and is very overwhelming for her character, I don't find Shep's need to look out for Teyla to be that distracting or detracting for either character. I think one reason why I'm getting concerned about the direction of Elizabeth is because she is rarely shown doing much except for making a few decisions about sending a team offworld and worrying about the safety of the team. This is becoming the standard routine for her, and I don't want her to just be written off as the mother hen. Sheppard and Teyla...their scenes are just wonderful. And I'm not just saying that as a shipper, either. His need to watch over her really shows that he is deeply protective of others, but particularly her, and it shows their level of trust and friendship. I love when he shoots down Bates' warnings about her, steps between her and Ronon, and always asks if she's okay. These little bits of sweet concern on his part don't overwhelm the scene or consume either character -- they add rather than take away, and are just plain adorable.

Thanks for everyone who read my fanfic (Camy, Witchblade007, and SnoggingPicard) I'm trying to write my second John/Teyla fic but John is no where in sight, only Teyla. Oh well, he'll show up I think.....

And Camy.......don't give up, you gave me the courage to post my story and I'm giving it right back at you. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Take your time, re-read, start over....I did it all but I finished and so will you and when your ready I'll be hear to read it
                                Oooh, more Shep/Teyla fanfic would be marvelous! And Camy, I'm rooting for you too! I got your e-mail, and I'm going to sit down and read it today and tomorrow. I don't want to rush, and I want to give you some proper feedback.

Comment

Working...
                                X