John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifan View Post
    Boy Jess. I guess I was expecting alot more mistakes to fix. I'm not complaining. I'm starting to like doing chpts. It's easier for me, but I'm not sure about you.

Well you get a break this weekend. hee hee.

Chpts 3 & 4 are officially up on FF. ignore all my previous post on them. LOL
    Well..I could be Mrs. Mean Beta. But, I have been known to make people cry. Seriously I had one person send me her story and I had two pages of comments (I think it was longer than the story itself)...but she asked me to really "tear apart" her story. So...I guess be careful what you ask for.
    sigpic
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
      Ok, ok, you can take a picture break but only cuz the last one was such a hit! Have you ever tried writing fic GNB???
      Tried, yes. Posted it, no. lol I leave the fic writing to the people who are good at it.

my ships

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
        Ahh cool...an upcoming birthday... not far from mine I might say...mine's at August 30...
        And mine is nearly a week after yours...Sept 9th.

So, now we're going to have to have an official birthday tracker too.
        sigpic
        Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
          Well..I could be Mrs. Mean Beta. But, I have been known to make people cry. Seriously I had one person send me her story and I had two pages of comments (I think it was longer than the story itself)...but she asked me to really "tear apart" her story. So...I guess be careful what you ask for.
          LOL did you tear it up?

Comment

Originally posted by girlinabox View Post
            Tried, yes. Posted it, no. lol I leave the fic writing to the people who are good at it.
            Posting your first fic is daunting, but it's something I think everyone should try. I posted my first fic at 17. Then posted one at 18. I didn't really start getting into the groove until after I turned 24, but I'm glad I posted the first stories I did.

You should try it!
            sigpic

Comment

GNB - How do you know if it was any good if no one else gave their opinion??? Maybe it was awesome and you just don't know it.

YC - Got any more Misunderstanding??

Comment

LOL did you tear it up?
                Dude, I was so scared that she would never write fic again. But, she knew where I was coming from and didn't get offended. It's like I was telling Teyilia different people want/need different levels of betaing.

But, when I had a beta, that's what I wanted. Rip apart my story...that way it was a perfect as it can be. But, I don't do it to the people I beta ask me to be that way...
                sigpic

Comment

GNB - How do you know if it was any good if no one else gave their opinion??? Maybe it was awesome and you just don't know it.

YC - Got any more Misunderstanding??
                  Um...yes...but I'm not quite happy with it. I'm going to work on it for a couple of hours today and post what I have...probably around 10 my time (it's 7:45 here)
                  sigpic

Comment

Dude, I was so scared that she would never write fic again. But, she knew where I was coming from and didn't get offended. It's like I was telling Teyilia different people want/need different levels of betaing.

But, when I had a beta, that's what I wanted. Rip apart my story...that way it was a perfect as it can be. But, I don't do it to the people I beta ask me to be that way...
                    Um...yes...but I'm not quite happy with it. I'm going to work on it for a couple of hours today and post what I have...probably around 10 my time (it's 7:45 here)
                    LOL I'd be scared too. It must be hard to beta for someone cuz you have to be so diplomatic in your critiques.

Don't post until your happy dude. A couple times I've done that and I'm like ughhhh I wanna take it back.

But your stories are always perfectly timed and detailed with such well placed humor they are just total awesomeness.

___________________________________________________________________________

Hey, Someone left me this as a review for Fury Finale
                    Spoiler:
                    - Remember, it's not the urge to kill, it's the desire to elliminate-Ares God of War

Does that mean they liked the story or no??? LOL

Comment

I think they liked it.

my ships

Comment

I never finished it.

my ships

Comment

LOL I'd be scared too. It must be hard to beta for someone cuz you have to be so diplomatic in your critiques.

Don't post until your happy dude. A couple times I've done that and I'm like ughhhh I wanna take it back.

But your stories are always perfectly timed and detailed with such well placed humor they are just total awesomeness.

___________________________________________________________________________

Hey, Someone left me this as a review for Fury Finale
                          Spoiler:
                          - Remember, it's not the urge to kill, it's the desire to elliminate-Ares God of War

Does that mean they liked the story or no??? LOL

You know, it's a lot of fun to beta. 1. You get to read the story first. 2. You really are helping someone write a better story. I think if the person understands that you are trying to help them, their feelings don't get hurt. I had a beta reader one time who told me to delete the whole chapter and rewrite it because it just didn't flow with the rest of the story (this was for a different fandom). I did it and the story was so much better because of it, even though at the time I wanted to

As for this story, geez, I'm struggling with it. But, I will get it done.

Hmm....I think it means they have played video games too many times
                          sigpic

Comment

I never finished it.
                            You should try to finish it. Or post what you have here. Or get a beta reader and let them tell you what they think. Just don't let it sit on your hard drive....
                            sigpic

Comment

I think they liked it.
                              LOL Well, I sure hope so.

Anywho, GNB, you should really try posting fic one day. If you've tried writing it, than it means you have ideas. I have no doubt your fics would be a hit just like your pics.

Comment

You know, it's a lot of fun to beta. 1. You get to read the story first. 2. You really are helping someone write a better story. I think if the person understands that you are trying to help them, their feelings don't get hurt. I had a beta reader one time who told me to delete the whole chapter and rewrite it because it just didn't flow with the rest of the story (this was for a different fandom). I did it and the story was so much better because of it, even though at the time I wanted to

As for this story, geez, I'm struggling with it. But, I will get it done.

Hmm....I think it means they have played video games too many times
                                LOL I guess so

Wow, you rewrote a whole chapter for them??? Thats awful nice of you YC and they must be awfully trusting in you!!

Take your time, I'll probably be here almost all weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X