John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seldear View Post
    Question about this ComicCon vid: is it a video of the ComicConpanel with an S4 promo in it? Or is it an S4 promo that was shown at ComicCon?

And either way, does anyone know how to lay hands on a downloadable file of it?

Teyilia, there may be no caps of Teyla because the person capping the vid has little or no interest in Teyla. Or there may just be no Teyla in the promo.

Which is why I want to get hold of the downloadable file of the video used to create these caps.

Sel.
    Sel, it's a special season four promo that was aired at Comic Con, so it's a different vid than the Comic Con panel. I've been trying in vain for two days to find a good capture program, but nothing seems to be working well with Vista. I've now tried 8 different programs that I've downloaded and many that I had to pay for, but the quality on all of them is so bad, the video is barely recognizable. I was going to try it again on my old XP laptop to see if that quality is any better, if I can get my old capture program reinstalled on it. I still have the key I purchased for the program, but the computer is hanging on by a thin line, and I don't know if it can handle running a streaming vid and capture program together. So we'll see what happens.
    It's driving me nuts that I can't find a good program to capture flash files! I can get the Quicktime ones no problem, but these flash files seem to elude me. Even flash downloading programs won't work with this vid for some reason, although they'll work on other vids I've tested them on. Annoying! I may PM SGAfan and ask what program was used. Anyway, sorry for the ramble!
    Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheylafan87 View Post
      I made a new layout over at Unique Bond, wat do u guys think if it. i would like to hear your thoughts since its made for all shepmagan fans!!
      Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheylafan87 View Post
        I made a new layout over at Unique Bond, wat do u guys think if it. i would like to hear your thoughts since its made for all shepmagan fans!!
        its awesome the new layout
        Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
          Sel, it's a special season four promo that was aired at Comic Con, so it's a different vid than the Comic Con panel. I've been trying in vain for two days to find a good capture program, but nothing seems to be working well with Vista. I've now tried 8 different programs that I've downloaded and many that I had to pay for, but the quality on all of them is so bad, the video is barely recognizable. I was going to try it again on my old XP laptop to see if that quality is any better, if I can get my old capture program reinstalled on it. I still have the key I purchased for the program, but the computer is hanging on by a thin line, and I don't know if it can handle running a streaming vid and capture program together. So we'll see what happens.
          It's driving me nuts that I can't find a good program to capture flash files! I can get the Quicktime ones no problem, but these flash files seem to elude me. Even flash downloading programs won't work with this vid for some reason, although they'll work on other vids I've tested them on. Annoying! I may PM SGAfan and ask what program was used. Anyway, sorry for the ramble!

Just a question...are you able to see FLV files??... or convert over to another format??.... I'm not to fond of FLV files since it take a special player to see them... but I thought I should ask...
          sigpic
          Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
            Just a question...are you able to see FLV files??... or convert over to another format??.... I'm not to fond of FLV files since it take a special player to see them... but I thought I should ask...
            Hey Nina, yes, I can see FLV files. They are Adobe Flash files, which are what videos you see on Youtube, Yahoo, etc are. This S4 clip is also a FLV, but for some reason, any FLV downloaders (programs to capture streaming video of this file format) don't work. So I've also tried several screen capture programs, which basically captures anything on your screen, and they work, but the quality is so bad, it's barely recognizable. With XP, the screen capture program I used was also bad quality, but at least you could still see it. With Vista, any one I try is even worse. It's distorted and unrecognizable. So I can see them no problem, I'm just trying to capture them to save to my computer or get caps off them. I asked SGAFan, but she didn't have a good suggestion either. Elf, what did you use to capture the caps? Typically to get caps, you first have to be able to download/save/capture the FLV file. Once I capture it, I can then convert it no problem. But I do have a FLV player as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayra View Post
              I definitely wouldn't mind seeing something like this in the John Centric episode!
              Spoiler:
              I would except the ex-wife showing up a lot easier than him going back to earth just for her!.

This was such a sad and heart felt fic MrsB!...totally love the emotion and sadness from John, great job!
              Thanks Mayra!!! Yeah I hope her appearance is something as mild as this and thats it!!

And congrats to any milestones from yesterday dudes

DH just twittered he's on his way to RL's baby shower lol

Comment

Greeting my fellow J/T shippers,

It’s good to be back after being away for 7 days of training. Today is my first day off after working 12 days straight. Thanks goodness I only have to do this once a month or I don’t think I could last long in this job.

I had intended to stay up last night to catch up to the thread but the bed began calling my name and I had to obey. This is what I have read so far:

MrsB_ The Teyla leaving Atlantis story is awesome…a little sad but I know you will bring them back together again.

Elflinn_ The newsletter is great…you have done a magnificent job and it was nice to see my name listed not once but twice…sweet.

Scifan_ Your fanfics are wonderful. I loved the ending to The Ties that Binds.

LoveConquers_ How are you holding up? I hope you are doing better. Cute picture of your doggie…I use to have one just like yours.

Planet_ Your teasers are very good and full of suspense. I can’t wait to read more.

I share the wallies with my sons because I got them hooked on SGA. I can hardly wait for the S3 DVD and S4 premiere…there will be some serious family time.

I really enjoyed all the pictures, wallies and fanfics…Without Regret was one of those story that makes you want to give yourself a huge…I hope that make sense. I can’t wait to catch up...only 46 pages to go.

Oops, I have to leave. My son is heading my way…I promise him some behind the wheel training once I returned from my training. I will return later tonight.

Much love to all my fellow J/T shippers.

Kingdom
                sigpic
                Thanks for the sig Scifan

Comment

Baby shower..... since when do men go to those? I am a cat so I go to anything that has food.... though.... yay newborn!!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                  "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                  "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

kingdom - Hey and welcome back...we have been wondering where you were ,,,so glad to see you back...
                    sigpic
                    Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                      Baby shower..... since when do men go to those? I am a cat so I go to anything that has food.... though.... yay newborn!!
                      *lol* Who knows... maybe the cast has thrown her one... or they are all joining... since it sure seems like a tight cast and friends...

Maybe he is sitting there wondering what he is doing there... *lol*
                      sigpic
                      Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Thanks kingdom!! Nice to hear from you again! Good luck with your sons driving lol

Tey -Thats exactly what DH said lol

Comment

*lol* Who knows... maybe the cast has thrown her one... or they are all joining... since it sure seems like a tight cast and friends...
                          true about being friends, in fact might be why he's there

Maybe he is sitting there wondering what he is doing there... *lol*
                          possibly.... very very possibly, give or take a very

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                            ROFL, my hubby's male friends went to both of mine. And my hubby and I have been to a couple of baby showers together. *shrugs*

But, with my two showers, we put it under the guise of "Baby shower/BBQ"
                            sigpic
                            Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

So, how has the voting for the JT awards been going for y'all? There's less than a week...I think I'm going to be rushing last minute.
                              sigpic
                              Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                                So, how has the voting for the JT awards been going for y'all? There's less than a week...I think I'm going to be rushing last minute. :s
                                Wouldn't be surprised if I end up doing that as well
                                sigpic
                                Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Working...
                                X