Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
    Spoiler:
    We do it all. The Praise and Worship Team are made up 4 to main members.
    Since we are pretty much in the same age range (mid 20's to mid 30's) there
    is a lot of variety. I love the contemporary and gospel. Which is ironic since
    I am the only one with a classical training background. The keyboardist is the
    pastor's son and their daughter sings with me. Chip(pk's son: keyboard/lead
    vocals,Me- lead vocals/background vocals,Yair-percussionist). I have to be
    to carry the different styles we do. So, I am singing mostly lead with Chip.
    We have to be able to do the hymns also because, when we have ministers
    and missionaries visit from different countries a lot of the hymns are known
    internationally. I really enjoy it. My fellow members tease about being
    a Sci-fi geek. Especially SGA. But, We've been singing together for about
    10 yrs. now. So, we kinda all grew together. Our pastors are 73 and 79 yrs.
    old but, they have the energy of 20 yr.old. Dr.Ann ,73, has been blessed to be able to go to Kenya the first time when she was 71. She has been 3 times.
    To me, that is awesome. Anywho, We do some Mercy Me songs, Jeremy Camp, etc.,. It's really cool. Sorry, so long winded. But, this something I
    really love.

I must add all the teasing is out LOVE!!!
    Spoiler:
    I like Mercy Me too. I also like Steven Curtis Chapman, Third Day and I can go on and on. If you get a chance. I did some vids for church and posted two on youtube. Type my name lpba4d and you can see them. Here's my e-mail address if you want to talk more. [email protected]. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
      A wallie I did earlier with different colourings...

Spoiler:

Great job Blue. I love how they look at each other in that scene. Her eyes just follow him. How can there be any doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
        Spoiler:
        I like Mercy Me too. I also like Steven Curtis Chapman, Third Day and I can go on and on. If you get a chance. I did some vids for church and posted two on youtube. Type my name lpba4d and you can see them. Here's my e-mail address if you want to talk more. [email protected]. Thanks for sharing.
        Spoiler:
        They were absolutely beautiful!!! Thank you so much for sharing those.
        I love both of songs. I forgot mention Casting Crowns is one of our favorites
        to do selections from. Who Am I is one of my faves. Too, bad it's a contemporary christian song 'cuz it make a great JT vid.
        That's just my opinion.
        1-800-Iluv-JandT
        sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
          I did this in a rush, the Camitos want dinner. Jeepers!

Hope you like it, Q....

I can't do fancy pictures, but here's a little something I threw together in honour of Quania's birthday. I hope you like it - I wrote it in about twenty minutes so it's not the best thing I've done...

Spoiler:

“I should have known I wouldn’t get away with it…”

Teyla smiled as John joined her on the balcony. He had a glass of Zelenka’s best moonshine in one hand, which he sipped from, pulling a face.

“It’s like something Hawkeye would make!” He said. Teyla frowned in confusion and John rolled his eyes. “He was a character on a TV show called M*A*S*H, which was set during the Korean war… which happened on Earth… anyway, he had a still in his tent –”

Teyla still looked confused. He gave up and took another sip of his drink.

Teyla smiled again. “Are you not enjoying your birthday party, Major?”

John looked over his shoulder at the windows of the commissary, where most of the Atlantis expedition had gathered, to celebrate his birthday. He gave her a twisted smile. “Sure, it’s great,” he said. “But you shouldn’t have, really.”

“It was Lieutenant Ford’s idea,” said Teyla. “I had very little to do with it.”

“You had to distract me,” John said. “I was wondering why you were so interested in baseball all of a sudden.”

Teyla laughed. “I had to think of something to keep you away from the commissary,” she said. There was a moment’s silence, before she spoke again. “Why are you out here, Major?” She asked.

“Because you are,” said John. Teyla raised her eyebrows, and John backtracked quickly and not at all elegantly.

“Er… I was just wondering where you were, you know, because you were in there at first and now you’re not…. are you okay?”

Teyla smiled at him again, and John looked away, out to sea. He gulped down more of his drink.

“I am fine, thank you Major,” she said. “I just wanted some air.” She leant forward on the rail and also looked out to sea.

“In truth, the idea of a ‘birthday party’ is very strange to me,” she said.

“Do you not celebrate birthdays?” John asked.

“We do,” said Teyla. “But not in such a… big way. We mark the anniversary of our birth with a small family dinner, celebrating with our loved ones.”

“No gifts?”

Teyla smiled. “No,” she said.

John shook his head. “Too bad,” he said. He grinned at her and Teyla laughed lightly.

“Did you like the gift Lieutenant Ford and Dr McKay gave you?” she said.

John grinned again. “They’re crazy,” he said. “Have you seen it? It’s a robot!”

Teyla nodded. “I know,” she said. “I am glad you like it – they have been working on it all week.”

“Well, I love it,” John said. “Though they haven’t stopped playing with it all night… I’m not sure they’ll actually let me keep it!”

Teyla laughed and John gulped down the rest of his drink. “I think I’ll head back in,” John said. “You coming?”

Teyla hesitated for a moment and then shook her head. “No, thank you,” she said. “It is getting late – I think I will go to bed.”

“Are you sure?” John asked.

Teyla smiled and nodded. “Yes,” she said. “Enjoy the rest of your evening.”

John nodded. Teyla started to walk away, but paused. “I am sorry I did not have a gift for you,” she said.

John rolled his eyes. “Don’t worry about it Teyla,” he said. “I wasn’t even expecting anyone to know it was my birthday.”

Teyla smiled and then stepped forward. John stood stock-still as she placed her hand on his arm and leant up to kiss him lightly on his cheek. “Happy birthday, Major,” she said, and then disappeared through the door into the commissary.

John watched her go and then, once he was able to breathe again, also walked into the commissary. Teyla was right about it getting late – the party was winding down and there were only a couple of dozen people left.

Ford and McKay were still there, making his new remote-control robot walk along the table-top.

John smiled. Between the party, the robot, and what had just happened, his birthday really hadn’t been that bad.

Happy Birthday Quania!!
          sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
            Mayra love the new vid.

Quania, Ruby Happy Birthday!!

Everyone else, love the artwork and caps
            Thank you Padme! i'm glad you liked my vid!

Happy Birthday Quania and Ruby!!
            sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
              Spoiler:
              They were absolutely beautiful!!! Thank you so much for sharing those.
              I love both of songs. I forgot mention Casting Crowns is one of our favorites
              to do selections from. Who Am I is one of my faves. Too, bad it's a contemporary christian song 'cuz it make a great JT vid.
              That's just my opinion.
              I hear you. I like them to.

Comment

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
                I can't do fancy pictures, but here's a little something I threw together in honour of Quania's birthday. I hope you like it - I wrote it in about twenty minutes so it's not the best thing I've done...

Spoiler:

Teyla smiled as John joined her on the balcony. He had a glass of Zelenka’s best moonshine in one hand, which he sipped from, pulling a face.

“It’s like something Hawkeye would make!” He said. Teyla frowned in confusion and John rolled his eyes. “He was a character on a TV show called M*A*S*H, which was set during the Korean war… which happened on Earth… anyway, he had a still in his tent –”

John looked over his shoulder at the windows of the commissary, where most of the Atlantis expedition had gathered, to celebrate his birthday. He gave her a twisted smile. “Sure, it’s great,” he said. “But you shouldn’t have, really.”

“You had to distract me,” John said. “I was wondering why you were so interested in baseball all of a sudden.”

Teyla laughed. “I had to think of something to keep you away from the commissary,” she said. There was a moment’s silence, before she spoke again. “Why are you out here, Major?” She asked.

“Because you are,” said John. Teyla raised her eyebrows, and John backtracked quickly and not at all elegantly.

“Er… I was just wondering where you were, you know, because you were in there at first and now you’re not…. are you okay?”

Teyla smiled at him again, and John looked away, out to sea. He gulped down more of his drink.

“I am fine, thank you Major,” she said. “I just wanted some air.” She leant forward on the rail and also looked out to sea.

“We do,” said Teyla. “But not in such a… big way. We mark the anniversary of our birth with a small family dinner, celebrating with our loved ones.”

“No gifts?”

John shook his head. “Too bad,” he said. He grinned at her and Teyla laughed lightly.

Teyla nodded. “I know,” she said. “I am glad you like it – they have been working on it all week.”

“Well, I love it,” John said. “Though they haven’t stopped playing with it all night… I’m not sure they’ll actually let me keep it!”

Teyla laughed and John gulped down the rest of his drink. “I think I’ll head back in,” John said. “You coming?”

Teyla hesitated for a moment and then shook her head. “No, thank you,” she said. “It is getting late – I think I will go to bed.”

John nodded. Teyla started to walk away, but paused. “I am sorry I did not have a gift for you,” she said.

John rolled his eyes. “Don’t worry about it Teyla,” he said. “I wasn’t even expecting anyone to know it was my birthday.”

Teyla smiled and then stepped forward. John stood stock-still as she placed her hand on his arm and leant up to kiss him lightly on his cheek. “Happy birthday, Major,” she said, and then disappeared through the door into the commissary.

John watched her go and then, once he was able to breathe again, also walked into the commissary. Teyla was right about it getting late – the party was winding down and there were only a couple of dozen people left.

Ford and McKay were still there, making his new remote-control robot walk along the table-top.

John smiled. Between the party, the robot, and what had just happened, his birthday really hadn’t been that bad.

Happy Birthday Quania!!

LOVELY Ruby!!!... what an awesome present! Quania is going to love it!

You had me laughing with the Rodney and Ford part and smiling towards the end!. You write John and Teyla beautifully!
                sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Finally got to see this Mayra...WOW! I"m so impressed with how well and how quick you have learned this. I"m afraid to even installed the software that I bought! LOL
                  I don't know what you are talking about because you got some of the best clips of our favorite duo and they really do match perfectly those words. BTW, did you SEE that AWESOME clip of Teyla's reaction after that KISS! wooohooo! I have to say, some of the best scenes I've ever scene are with these two. Thank YOU!
                  Thank you Camy!!!!. I'm glad you think i fit the clips with the song!. That was my main worry. Its a lovely song, just wasn't sure if i would be able to show what Billy Joel was expressing in his words with clips, so i'm glad what i did worked!. LOL!!!, yup, i did catch it!....i'm glad you noticed!
                  sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

scifan love your birthday wallie!!!. Shoot, i'd love getting a cake like that in RL, wouldn't that be cool! LOL!.

Blue i love the colors but WOW! those facial expressions!!!. You always know how to capture how they feel about each other in your wallies! love it!

Camy Too cute!!!. LOL!!! i love seeing Shep in his birthday hat! LOL!.
                    sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Spoiler:

“No gifts?”

Happy Birthday Quania!!

Ruby, that is great. Mayra is right. I think Quania will love it.

Comment

I did this for Camy's football challenge on the galleria thread. It's really short, but I hope you like it.

Spoiler:

Football Lesson

John convinces Teyla to sit with him to watch football and he even pops her some popcorn. He could see that it wasn’t something she really wanted to do. “Is something the matter Teyla?” he asks.

Teyla looks at him to and chooses her words carefully; “I thought you liked watching this with Ronon?”

“Well…. yes I do, but he really doesn’t like watching it either. He said for me to tell you that since you got out of playing golf it’s your turn to watch football,” he says with a smirk. “What is it that you don’t like about the game?”

“Well to be honest, I do not understand why they have to chance one person to get a ball,” she confesses.

“It’s for the fun,” he says with excitement, but he can see that she is still confused. He looks around, sees a small pillow and picks it up. “Ok, let me try to explain about it being fun. I’ll throw this pillow to you and you have to catch it. I know it’s a small room, but once you have the ball…uh.. pillow, you need to run and keep it away from me. My job is to stop you or tackle and to keep you from getting to far down the field and scoring. Are you ready?”

Teyla nods her head yes and catches the pillow and starts to run around the room. As John starts chasing her she can’t stop laughing as he attempts several times to stop her. She eventually trips and he tackles her to the floor.

“See what I mean about it being fun?” he says as he tries to catch his breath.
                        Teyla rolls over and she is still laughing, “Yes, I do understand.”

She wasn’t even aware of how close he was to her until she started to gaze into his eyes. They grew silent as he returns her look. All laughter disappears and they slowly begin to kiss. Time seems to stay still for Teyla as she savors the moment she was experiencing. John slowly pulls away and sits next to Teyla and she sits up as well.

“I do not believe that they do this in football,” she says with a smile.

“No… I guess not, but it was fun,” he replies with a satisfying grin.

The End

Comment

Spoiler:

“No gifts?”

Happy Birthday Quania!!
                          Ruby, this is truly beautiful! You do write these characters so well. Dang it, when is my B-day again!? LOL

BLUE, I llloooooove the colors on that last wallie, and that cap is so full of emotion and I love how Teyla is looking straight at John.

Scifan, I left you a review in the Galleria. LOVE IT!

So, next challenge as you can see is Football......Remember Ferris Wheels, well now try football... a nice long fic would be sooo nice before I go to bed.

Scifan already gave me a wonderful one....keep it up guys!
                          sigpic

Comment

Blue--I just love the expressions in that wallie!!!! Gorgeous!!!

Ruby--love the little story!!!! Quania is a very lucky girl! Nicely done!!!

Scifan--great answer to the football challenge!!! Too cute!

Camy--love the birthday hats! LOL!

And Scifan again, I love the b-day cake? That was adorable!!!! Love it!!

Happy birthday again to Ruby and to Quania!!!!! Hope you both have wonderful days!!!!

I'm hoping you guys can help me out! I'm trying to come up with a list of all the eps where John is held hostage or trying to escape or get back to Atlantis, that kind of thing. If anyone can think of eps, I'd really appreciate it!!!! Thanks!!!!!
                            Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post

Happy birthday again to Ruby and to Quania!!!!! Hope you both have wonderful days!!!!

I'm hoping you guys can help me out! I'm trying to come up with a list of all the eps where John is held hostage or trying to escape or get back to Atlantis, that kind of thing. If anyone can think of eps, I'd really appreciate it!!!! Thanks!!!!!

I have some to start. I'm sure there was more I forgot. I hope this is what you were hoping for.

Season 1-Rising pt2, 38 Minutes, Underground, Home,
                              Season 2- Runner, Condemned, Lost Boys, Hive, Epiphany, Coup d Etat,
                              Season 3-Misbegotten, Sateda, Progeny,Common Ground, Phantom, Ark, Submersion.

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                                A wallie I did earlier with different colourings...

Spoiler:
                                It's a very lovely Wallie BA.

Spoiler:

“No gifts?”

Happy Birthday Quania!!
                                Originally posted by Mayra View Post
                                Thank you Padme! i'm glad you liked my vid!

Happy Birthday Quania and Ruby!!
                                Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post

I did this in a rush, the Camitos want dinner. Jeepers!

Hope you like it, Q....

I absolutely love it, Camy. I've been grumpy all day because I'm a bit ill but your bithday pick has put a smile on my face! I really appreciate Camy. I made the vid, sorry it took so long but here's the link: Can't Get Enough (Because of You) All of the birthday wishes are so sweet and I thank you all for finding the time to say them. Ruby, the story was great. I especially liked the part when John was talking about MASH, I can feel the awkwardness during that part of the conversation. I just got finishing reading your story Baby Love and I can't wait for the next update! Anyway, I hope your B-day went well!
                                Last edited by Quania2007; 02 July 2007, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X