John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayra View Post
    Thanks Nina! i saw the first set of clips while watching the season 3 finale but i didn't get to see the one with Teyla!

Spoiler:
    Personally i'm thinking it might be a dream just because from the lights in the back we know they are in atlantis and the hand holding her down is well human. If it was an alien experiment or something, i would think they would show a different background, like where they are keeping her. I know, the experiment could have happened already and they are back on atlantis when she started to feel the symptoms of what they did to her. The only problem i have with that is, according to The Seer, none of her team mates know about her pregnancy. If this is happening on atlantis and we could obviously see something is in her belly, don't you think maybe Dr. Keller would have caught it? and know she was pregnant. Now, the only other scenario is that Dr. Keller does know and Teyla has told her not to tell anyone...but does anybody know if in the spoilers, they have mentioned Dr. Keller knowing about Teyla's pregnancy?. Either Evil John could still be the father of Teyla's baby or because he enters her dreams, he may know about the pregnancy and tortures her in that way or this could still be a alien baby and the worst scenario for me anyway LOL! is that its from her secret love interest. In any case, i still have no idea what it could be.

The possibilities just keep on mounting right?! LOL!

Oh i know! i also got happy when i heard it was airing in September! YAY!. Well that's 3 months away but heck, it's better than 4! LOL!
    Mayra, you have some good eyes and it might fit with a very weird theory I have.

No throwing any tomatoes

Spoiler:
    What if it has to do with the Asurans? I personally couldn't see the preview,but I saw alot of posts on the S4 preview thread. Alot of them talked about seeing the Asurans and Oberoth(whatever their leaders name is) They thought maybe the Asurans were taking Weir.
    Anyway. The Asuran's home is like Atlantis and look at the sleeve in the cap with Teyla, simular clothes. What if, and here it gets weird, what if they want to humanize their species so they can make a race like them that can ascend? And Teyla is threaten somehow.

Something bothered me with JM and PM's newest interview with GW,

GW: Let's talk a little bit about Elizabeth Weir. Why the change and what can you tell us about her role in Season Four?

PM: Well, I never know how much I'm allowed to give away in these situations.

JM: The fans already know that. Basically online fans know.

PM: I think when you change a character out, you want to do it in such a way, particularly for us, that leaves things maybe a little bit open-ended. Joe said, "Nobody ever dies in science fiction." That doesn't just mean that you kill a character and magically bring them back. It has to make sense within the logic of the world, and it has to have an impact.

I think the first two episodes of Season Four are actually -- even though the episodes where Weir is essentially, for the time being, being written out -- they're actually great stories for her character. That's the way to do it, as far as I'm concerned. She has an incredible impact in the moment in those two stories. In fact, those two stories wouldn't happen if it wasn't for that character doing what she does.

And then, at the end of those two stories, she's still out there.

JM: Yeah, we kind of launch her in a new direction. I think a very interesting, very different direction from the Weir character that we know. Hopefully it's something we'll be able to pursue and develop over time. That will depend on Torri's availability and, as always, the stories we come up with. We're not going to lose a character entirely.

What if the Asurans are using her in hopes that she can teach they to ascend? Maybe they use Weir to kinda blackmail Teyla and that's why she keeps it a secret?

Ok, let me put up my umbrella before you throw things.

I told you it was out there.

Comment

Well I have no idea how it will play out...

Spoiler:
      I now Doppelganger is early in the season so if it's that she can still have a pretty flat stomach...

I can't really tell with the clip of Missing... she could have been showing and she might not have really been showing much...
      All depends too how they will shoot the scenes...since there are a lot of action sequences I think is going to be shot out of order for her.. and will most likely also be shot from waist up...

I just get the feeling the whole pregnancy isn't human and normal...it's jsut way to freaky that clip... if it's a nightmare,,it could be her fear of whatever she is having if she doesn't know how she became pregnant,,or with what.. if it's not a nightmare it could be that something is done to here in this epi..

I have no idea if the father has been said that it would be revealed..I don't think I've heard anything of that from JM...I could have missed something so who knows... but I haven't heard atleast... all I've heard is that the crush is supposed to be hinted at again...but hey who knows if that's true.....
      sigpic
      Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
        I feel that without SGA on SciFi they got nothing worth mentioning...
        Ain't that the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by expendable_crewman View Post
          Ain't that the truth.
          I agree with you Nina and EC. For some strange reason I myself can not
          see myself getting excited about Flash Gordon.
          1-800-Iluv-JandT
          sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

ok well i saw the promo finally..the two of them...and
            Spoiler:
            I think the one with evil shep, most of that..particularly the last bit appears to be everyone's nightmares...rodney saying 'i need more time', perhaps johns..if he has one 'i am relieving you of duty' and of course teyla screaming...cant wait for season 4...so excited!!
            -thanks Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel

Thanks Camy!!

Comment

Has this ...
              Spoiler:
              ... been discussed? Who is the man holding Teyla's arm while her belly is doing the alien thing? It's the second to last cap.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=84274

Could be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                Well I have no idea how it will play out...

Spoiler:
                I now Doppelganger is early in the season so if it's that she can still have a pretty flat stomach...

I can't really tell with the clip of Missing... she could have been showing and she might not have really been showing much...
                All depends too how they will shoot the scenes...since there are a lot of action sequences I think is going to be shot out of order for her.. and will most likely also be shot from waist up...

I just get the feeling the whole pregnancy isn't human and normal...it's jsut way to freaky that clip... if it's a nightmare,,it could be her fear of whatever she is having if she doesn't know how she became pregnant,,or with what.. if it's not a nightmare it could be that something is done to here in this epi..

I have no idea if the father has been said that it would be revealed..I don't think I've heard anything of that from JM...I could have missed something so who knows... but I haven't heard atleast... all I've heard is that the crush is supposed to be hinted at again...but hey who knows if that's true.....
                I agree with you Nina

Spoiler:
                In the clip of Missing, she is really covered up so it's anyones guess and i had forgotten that they have probably been filmed out of order as well. I wasn't too sure about JM saying that the father will be revealed early on, it's one of those i thought he said but i wasn't sure. I may go back and check his blog when i have time but yeah, i wasn't sure if i was imagining it or not LOL!.

Well in all case, i'm done trying to figure it out! LOL!. But these new clips are sure making it hard to wait for season 4 to start so we can finally get some answers that's for sure! LOL!. At least we know now that the new season will start in September now i just hope it's not too late in September LOL!.
                sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                  Mayra, you have some good eyes and it might fit with a very weird theory I have.

No throwing any tomatoes

Spoiler:
                  What if it has to do with the Asurans? I personally couldn't see the preview,but I saw alot of posts on the S4 preview thread. Alot of them talked about seeing the Asurans and Oberoth(whatever their leaders name is) They thought maybe the Asurans were taking Weir.
                  Anyway. The Asuran's home is like Atlantis and look at the sleeve in the cap with Teyla, simular clothes. What if, and here it gets weird, what if they want to humanize their species so they can make a race like them that can ascend? And Teyla is threaten somehow.

Something bothered me with JM and PM's newest interview with GW,

GW: Let's talk a little bit about Elizabeth Weir. Why the change and what can you tell us about her role in Season Four?

PM: Well, I never know how much I'm allowed to give away in these situations.

JM: The fans already know that. Basically online fans know.

PM: I think when you change a character out, you want to do it in such a way, particularly for us, that leaves things maybe a little bit open-ended. Joe said, "Nobody ever dies in science fiction." That doesn't just mean that you kill a character and magically bring them back. It has to make sense within the logic of the world, and it has to have an impact.

I think the first two episodes of Season Four are actually -- even though the episodes where Weir is essentially, for the time being, being written out -- they're actually great stories for her character. That's the way to do it, as far as I'm concerned. She has an incredible impact in the moment in those two stories. In fact, those two stories wouldn't happen if it wasn't for that character doing what she does.

And then, at the end of those two stories, she's still out there.

JM: Yeah, we kind of launch her in a new direction. I think a very interesting, very different direction from the Weir character that we know. Hopefully it's something we'll be able to pursue and develop over time. That will depend on Torri's availability and, as always, the stories we come up with. We're not going to lose a character entirely.

What if the Asurans are using her in hopes that she can teach they to ascend? Maybe they use Weir to kinda blackmail Teyla and that's why she keeps it a secret?

Ok, let me put up my umbrella before you throw things.

I told you it was out there.
                  Very interesting Scifan and at this point, who knows what the writers have up there sleeves that's for sure. So at this point, i'm not throwing any possibilities away!
                  sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

It's too bad that we can't see the whole clip instead of the caps. I would love to hear what they said.

Does any one know what Lifeline is all about?

Comment

Changing the subject for a second. Happy 200 post Mayra!

Comment

Hey scifan

Someone has posted the clips on youtube..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCrw8xvx_SE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fJWygD8mxE
                        -thanks Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel

Thanks Camy!!

Comment

Originally posted by spirited Chihiro View Post
                          Thanks SC. That was great!

Comment

Hey Gang! Playing a little catch up……

Belated Welcome to Lady Vakko (thank you for the beautiful awards sig), MrsB108 and JesterDala.

Blue: Wonderful wallies!

Camy: Awesome wallies and sigs.

Saw the S4 previews last night:

Spoiler:
                            Evil John looks very exciting, it seems as if they are going to do another ‘Ford’ with Weir and Sam seems to be fitting in quite nicely.

Teyla’s Pregnancy:

I’m starting to lean towards an alien pregnancy for Teyla. If she became pregnant by a boyfriend or lover, why would it be such a big deal? She’s a grown woman and has every right to pursue a personal life. Why would she call it ‘complicated’ and why would she seem to fear/not want the pregnancy especially if this child could be the last of the Athosians? Why would she have nightmares about her pregnancy, as many of you suspect? There’s a lot that doesn’t add up.

Another thing that concerns me is that everyone is judging the timeline by the size of Teyla’s stomach. If she is unsure of who or what the father is, then what we consider to be a ‘normal’ pregnancy may not occur. Maybe that’s why she was able to hide the pregnancy for so long? It also appears that once she does begin to show her outfits begin to provide more coverage. Something tells me we won’t see a 9 month pregnant Teyla waddling through the corridors of Atlantis.

Unfortunately, all I have to add is questions to more questions, but hopefully I’ve given you something to chew on…….

Comment

Congrats Mayra on 200 Posts!!
                              1-800-Iluv-JandT
                              sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

OT:

Spoiler:

The John & Teyla SGA Awards
                                are now accepting nominations!
                                Please be sure to visit us at our new site:
                                JT SGA Awards.

Comment

Working...
                                X