John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Camy View Post
    So, they are in Convergence? All of them? If any are missing just give us the link again. I think what Aabuttons suggested is that if there were multiples artwork or vids or whatever in one same link, then what you do is simply state the author and the name of the item nominating so as long as your vids have some title, it should be okay.

If any are missing, please post the link here. I think I"m going to just get that over with tonight!

Thanks Nina!
    Yeah my 3 videos of John
    John Sheppard #1 (I Don't Feel So Good)
    John Sheppard #2 (Requiem Of A Dream)
    John Sheppard #3 (Dangerous Life)

And 2 of my J/T videos
    John & Teyla #2 (May It Be)
    John & Teyla #3 (Keep Holding On)

All of them are hosted on Convergence on the video site under my name Nina...

Sorry I can't send another link for John & Teyla #1 (Gravity Of Love) that is missing from the site...
    My stationary comp is still in the shop and all my videos are on that one...not my laptop as I use now... I have sent and email over to Suzanne to see is she might be able to put it back up like she did with the other one...
    sigpic
    Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
      Thanks Nick!!!!! That's a really cool surprise! Congrats to all the nominees and winners!!!! Yay! Go J/T! LOL! Very cool to see such great representation!

For the Stargate Fan Awards, I think JTC has most of our vids hosted there, but if anyone needs to host their vids somewhere for the contest, you're welcome to contact me as well. I have plenty of server space now, thanks to Nick! I haven't been able to nominate anything yet, but I definitely plan to this week!

We need a good variety of nominations to even be able to hold a category! Last year, I had two vids that were nom'd, but had to be removed from the contest because there wasn't the minimum 6 required for that category. I know of three other people that happened to for J/T fics as well. For example, we had J/T romance, but we didn't have enough for J/T friendship, etc. So let's make sure we have good J/T representation this year in all the various categories, not just romance!

Also, just an FYI for those trying to email me at the moment, my email has been down all weekend. I'm waiting to hear back from tech support. I can receive, but not send! So strange! So my emailing is piling up on me at the moment. So just wanted to let you guys know so you don't think I'm ignoring you! LOL!

Steph
      Oh, thank God! *yeah, she's ignoring me*

LOL

That is a very good point Stephie. The other thing is that, this is my first year nominating in this one, but it seems that it's not like the Isis that you nominate within categories. This year they are suggesting the author's email be listed so that they can contact them and have the author him/her self choose what category, although it is not needed to nominate.

I"m trying to organize all my stuff, but it's time consuming. Not to mention that I have stuff all over the place between my USB drive and my computer....*sighs*

But in any case, here are my links to what I"ve updated so far for my artwork.

This is my photobucket accounts. Again, not everything is here, but most of it anyways.

General stuff:http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t110/Jeyla4ever/
      Banners: http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t...4ever/Banners/
      Season 1 JT Walls: http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t...%20Wallpapers/
      Season 2 JT Walls:http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t...202%20JTWalls/
      Season 3 JT Walls:http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t...eason3JTWalls/

Actually if you click on the GENERAL STUFF link you can also access the rest of my sub albums. DUH!
      My Calendars for 2007 and some of my Teyla Walls are here. Again, I"ve done nothing to organize my Teyla Artwork since I"m still working on my JT stuff...sighs!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeyla4ever/

And my fics are in http://www.fanfiction.net/u/918896/

Don't forget that Devine has also done some fantastic vids as well!

ah, so many too remember!
      sigpic

Comment

Oh, thank God! *yeah, she's ignoring me*

LOL

That is a very good point Stephie. The other thing is that, this is my first year nominating in this one, but it seems that it's not like the Isis that you nominate within categories. This year they are suggesting the author's email be listed so that they can contact them and have the author him/her self choose what category, although it is not needed to nominate.

I"m trying to organize all my stuff, but it's time consuming. Not to mention that I have stuff all over the place between my USB drive and my computer....*sighs*

But in any case, here are my links to what I"ve updated so far for my artwork.

This is my photobucket accounts. Again, not everything is here, but most of it anyways.

General stuff:http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t110/Jeyla4ever/
        Banners: http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t...4ever/Banners/
        Season 1 JT Walls: http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t...%20Wallpapers/
        Season 2 JT Walls:http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t...202%20JTWalls/
        Season 3 JT Walls:http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t...eason3JTWalls/

Actually if you click on the GENERAL STUFF link you can also access the rest of my sub albums. DUH!
        My Calendars for 2007 and some of my Teyla Walls are here. Again, I"ve done nothing to organize my Teyla Artwork since I"m still working on my JT stuff...sighs!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeyla4ever/

And my fics are in http://www.fanfiction.net/u/918896/

Don't forget that Devine has also done some fantastic vids as well!

ah, so many too remember!
        Oh, thanks for your links! Awesome! If everyone else could do this too, like Camy and Nina have, I think that would be very helpful and isn't against the rules as far as I know! You can't ask for votes, but I think it's very helpful to post links of all the works done over the past year.

And you're right Camy, the authors do pick the categories, but we still need to have a minimum 6 noms per category to keep it alive. I placed my three vids into different categories last year, but only one vid category (J/T romance) was kept open because the other two (J/T friendship and I think it was Teyla) didn't have the minimum of 6 other noms. So it's J/T and then it's also John, Teyla, humor, drama, episodic, all kinds of possibilities! So in other words, we need to nominate for all categories, not just J/T romance as I think is our first inkling. LOL!
        Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

You're welcome Stephie...

Is this still your site?

http://home.comcast.net/~loveconquer...ideoclips.html
          sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone.

Congrats to All The Winners....I"m rather pleased with this year's result, much better than last years but I still think we need to spread the word out cause there are so many great writers in our fandom.

Hopefully the JT Awards will get a lot more participation. I know that the SG Fan Awards is also open and last night I simply started from page one in the Galleria and started nominating. There's so much wonderful work there and some have left us and haven't come back and that saddens me.

But anywho. I only made it up to page 10 and went to bed. For some reason fanfiction wasn't cooperating with me last night so I opted to do the artwork. Maybe tonight I"ll do more artwork, fics and vids. Jeez.

Anywho.

A party is coming to the Galleria very soon. It will be our one year anniversary this coming 6th of June and we need all your support. I"m going to be making some banners and some sigs and hopefully you can spread the word out and let others know so that our sister thread can get some new artists in there and also spread the love that we have for John and Teyla.
            Ditto

And a party you say? Do i have to queue up outside or must i blag my way past the guy with the VIP list?

I"ve come up with some ideas that allows even those that don't know how to do artwork to at least share some caps. So, no excuses for not participating!
            Yes Matriarch Camy.

And besides, we love all those "thank you's and Wonderful and Awesome Work, Camy! OOoppps, I mean all those general comments....*grins*
            Oh i can do that, i'm good at those.

Now go and nominate for the SG Fan Awards!!!!! We need to show the JT LOVING and Talents!
            *salutes and runs off with the look of someone on a mission*

Originally posted by Devine27 View Post
            Hey Folks,

I wanted to congratulate all the winners for the Isis Awards. I think you guys are awesome and this proves it. And don’t worry Nick, I think it’s an honor just to be nominated (it proves that somebody actually read my story, well at least I think they did) LOL! Anywho, weren’t you nominated as well? We should crack open a bottle and share sad stories that will make us cry into our cups. Cyn is welcome to join us.

Congratulations To All The Winners and Nominees of the Isis Awards
            Oh of course, i agree to be recognised and nomianted by your peers and fellow fans, it's such an honour in itself.

And, yes, i was nominated, still surprised at that.

We're gonna need more glasses.

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
            Sorry I can't send another link for John & Teyla #1 (Gravity Of Love) that is missing from the site...
            My stationary comp is still in the shop and all my videos are on that one...not my laptop as I use now... I have sent and email over to Suzanne to see is she might be able to put it back up like she did with the other one...
            I've got Gravity of Love saved offline, like Steph, if you want i could upload that to my server for you. Host it there for as long as you like. Could do it tonight, it's no trouble.

Camy,

A coupls of quick things.

- Thanks for the links to your artwork, much appreciated.
            - Mentioning me in the same sentence as Cyn and Dee, come on now, you're gonna make me feel nervous doing that.

This is to all of you i suppose, when nominating you need to give them the author's email address. If it is one email per nom, that will be a lot of mail for many in here. How'd you want to play this then, might it be better to setup a dedicated free email account for it? I'm directing this at pretty much everyoen in here [except me] since you have a fair amount of work to your name.
            Last edited by Nick 0208 Ldn; 14 May 2007, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Hi guy's, finally getting a chance to look through the post for the last few day's.

Blue Awsome wallie once again!. I agree, with everybody who mentioned that Teyla has a beautiful smile. You always pick the best facial shots of them two.

BP Thanks for the great summary of the episode. It's one of my favorite Rodney episodes!

Nina Thank you for posting the pic of Rachel! she is such a pretty gal!

Bella Thanks! i'm glad you liked my drawings

Camy So glad you are back! i'm glad to read that you had an awesome Mother's Day!.

As for the spoiler in JM's Blog

Spoiler:
              I have a question for all of you. The person asked if we were going to find out who is the "Father" of Teyla's baby this season in which JM answered yup. So my question is, Do you think this eliminates the theories some people used like it being a wraith baby, Teyla being experimented on or the pregnancy being of some sort of complex way other than natural conception? sorry, don't remember the other theories thrown around LOL!. Or do you think JM took the meaning of "Father" in a broad way and it can still be do to some of those reason?. Could this mean it could actually be an Athosian, marine/soldier or even John. I'm sorry, as much as i wish it could be John, i just don't see the writer doing that. Heck, i didn't think they would put Teyla and John together (if they ever did) until maybe the final and last season.

Last but definitely not least, just wanted to say Congrats to all the winners of the Isis Awards!.
              sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

You're welcome Stephie...

Is this still your site?

http://home.comcast.net/~loveconquer...ideoclips.html
                Yep, that's still me. I have my ugly old little Comcast site still to list the links on and am using the new server Nick set up for me to actually host them on. So either this Comcast link or the parent directory of my hopefully future website (www.loveconquers.net) would work. All the vids are linked off that server, but just still listed on the Comcast site until the new site can be set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick 0208 Ldn View Post

This is to all of you i suppose, when nominating you need to give them the author's email address. If it is one email per nom, that will be a lot of mail for many in here. How'd you want to play this then, might it be better to setup a dedicated free email account for it? I'm directing this at pretty much everyoen in here [except me] since you have a fair amount of work to your name.
                  Oh, that would have been a cool idea, Nick! Except in this case, I don't think it would work with the rules as unlike the Isis Awards, only one author per category is allowed. If we're all linked to the same email address, they might think we were all one person! LOL! That wouldn't work so well then. At least that's my understanding of the rules, I could be wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayra View Post

Spoiler:
                    I have a question for all of you. The person asked if we were going to find out who is the "Father" of Teyla's baby this season in which JM answered yup. So my question is, Do you think this eliminates the theories some people used like it being a wraith baby, Teyla being experimented on or the pregnancy being of some sort of complex way other than natural conception? sorry, don't remember the other theories thrown around LOL!. Or do you think JM took the meaning of "Father" in a broad way and it can still be do to some of those reason?. Could this mean it could actually be an Athosian, marine/soldier or even John. I'm sorry, as much as i wish it could be John, i just don't see the writer doing that. Heck, i didn't think they would put Teyla and John together (if they ever did) until maybe the final and last season.

Oh I know, so many possibilities and not enough hints yet! LOL!

Spoiler:
                    But my initial thought was similar to yours, that the very fact that there is a "father" seems to rule out the speculations about it being from a machine or a plan of the Ancients, type of scenario. Although like you said, he could have still meant it in the broader sense, so really we still don't know anything. Except that we will know more within the season at least. Yay! LOL! The man definitely knows how to say a lot without actually saying a thing.

Comment

Oh, that would have been a cool idea, Nick! Except in this case, I don't think it would work with the rules as unlike the Isis Awards, only one author per category is allowed. If we're all linked to the same email address, they might think we were all one person! LOL! That wouldn't work so well then. At least that's my understanding of the rules, I could be wrong!
                      Well i meant for all of you individually actually. lol A second email account with say mail.com so your respective main ones don't get all clogged.

Comment

Nick 0208 Ldn;6671667]Ditto

And a party you say? Do i have to queue up outside or must i blag my way past the guy with the VIP list?
                        Nick, Everyone who comes is on the VIP list!

Yes Matriarch Camy.
                        *Unclips her robe and lifts her train and sits on her throne*

You're welcome, Son.

Oh i can do that, i'm good at those.
                        This is fine, but I expect you to do more! I plan on incorporating some of my ideas in this thread as well.

*salutes and runs off with the look of someone on a mission*
                        Well, I still haven't done it. There should be some easier way to do this. I wish we just had a place where everything was already there, listed and I simply just have to mark the X spot and then I"m done. But to have to look for everything and then type of names of people....I mean seriously, how do you people come up with some of your pennames. I"m still trying to spell loveconquers!!!!! Don't you people have nicknames!?

Oh of course, i agree to be recognised and nomianted by your peers and fellow fans, it's such an honour in itself.

And, yes, i was nominated, still surprised at that.

We're gonna need more glasses.
                        I hope those glasses are not from your collection!

I've got Gravity of Love saved offline, like Steph, if you want i could upload that to my server for you. Host it there for as long as you like. Could do it tonight, it's no trouble.
                        AH, I taught him well, didn't I!

Camy,

A coupls of quick things.

- Thanks for the links to your artwork, much appreciated.
                        - Mentioning me in the same sentence as Cyn and Dee, come on now, you're gonna make me feel nervous doing that.
                        Again, not everything is there. And it's really annoying cause I really liked Flickrs set up but they have a limit of 200 pictures in free accounts and even if you pay a subscription, there is a limit. So, I"m still looking for a place where I can put everything unlimited and userfriendly. I don't think it exist yet!

This is why it's so hard because I know that there are gorgeous works out there...but not everything is accesible or userfriendly.

Huh? I simply didn't put anyone's email address. That is a nightmare if they have to contact everyone and that alone will disqualify how many. I thought it was not necessary to put an email address.

Oh, well.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nick 0208 Ldn View Post
                          Well i meant for all of you individually actually. lol A second email account with say mail.com so your respective main ones don't get all clogged.
                          Oh DUH! Sorry, LOL! That's what I get for trying to post on the fly while still at work. Just ignore me! So um, yep, that's a great idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayra View Post
                            Hi guy's, finally getting a chance to look through the post for the last few day's.

Blue Awsome wallie once again!. I agree, with everybody who mentioned that Teyla has a beautiful smile. You always pick the best facial shots of them two.

BP Thanks for the great summary of the episode. It's one of my favorite Rodney episodes!

Nina Thank you for posting the pic of Rachel! she is such a pretty gal!

Bella Thanks! i'm glad you liked my drawings

Camy So glad you are back! i'm glad to read that you had an awesome Mother's Day!.

Spoiler:

Last but definitely not least, just wanted to say Congrats to all the winners of the Isis Awards!.
                            Yah, JM's blog...

Spoiler:
                            They are actually filming The Seer this week. I thought the same thing. I really think this is going to be a real baby. Number one because if it's going to be the entire season that Teyla is going to be pregnant, than you can only assume that it's going to be something real. The next thing that rule out Michael/monster baby is that Teyla wouldn't keep this a secret and I don't consider her explaining this as "complicated" but more like "Horrific". Then, there's the little scenario that Michael isn't going to be around in the first half. I wouldn't rule that it isn't John's completely, but I sure hope that it isn't some other guy and some sort of new love interest for Teyla. I still think we are missing pieces of the entire story but I also think that the audience won't know the truth until much later. I did read that the third or fourth episode of the second half has a spoiler that one of the writers, I think it was Mallozzi himself stating it as "things develop for Teyla" and then there's that relationships episode to follow. I just think that there are many scenarios that could play out, but I agree, Mayra, it does seem to sound like this isn't going to be a Wraith baby or anything like that. I did like the idea that Mag brought in here , Teyla as a surrogate. We will just have to wait...and that kills me!

Nick, you wrote that we will meet Teyla's father or something like that, when and where did you read that? That is news to me.
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh I know, so many possibilities and not enough hints yet! LOL!

Spoiler:
                              But my initial thought was similar to yours, that the very fact that there is a "father" seems to rule out the speculations about it being from a machine or a plan of the Ancients, type of scenario. Although like you said, he could have still meant it in the broader sense, so really we still don't know anything. Except that we will know more within the season at least. Yay! LOL!
                              Spoiler:
                              As you say, still not enough to go on. But IMO i think he is still using the term fairly liberally, not yet committing ton one possibility or another.

Bsically we are being toyed with. Although a torture with highs mixed in, like being tickled with a feather or something.

An Athosian you say Mayra? Hmm, that is one possibility that i had not considered in all this. But then when would such a relationship have developed. In ths weeks they were back on Earth? Teyla's reaction at the end of The Return Part 1 didnt send out that message to me but that JMO.

The man definitely knows how to say a lot without actually saying a thing.
                              He should consider a career in politics.

Comment

Again, not everything is there. And it's really annoying cause I really liked Flickrs set up but they have a limit of 200 pictures in free accounts and even if you pay a subscription, there is a limit. So, I"m still looking for a place where I can put everything unlimited and userfriendly. I don't think it exist yet!

This is why it's so hard because I know that there are gorgeous works out there...but not everything is accesible or userfriendly.

Huh? I simply didn't put anyone's email address. That is a nightmare if they have to contact everyone and that alone will disqualify how many. I thought it was not necessary to put an email address.

Oh, well.

That's why I haven't taken the time to nominate yet either, because I know it will take a while with having to find and list the author names, links, and their email addresses...over and over again for each separate nom. So yeah, I'll probably just have to try to do a few a night, otherwise it's kind of daunting.
                                But I did think we were supposed to include the author's email address if we know it, as they actually do contact each author as each author places their own category. If they can't locate/contact the author, they can't be notified to place their work and could be disqualified. But I would imagine if there isn't an email provided, they look at the link for one instead?? Not sure on that one! I should probably add the email addresses of those whose vids I'm hosting in case they get nominated then just in case! Mayra you're one of them, is that okay with you? Just let me know!

My email is still down, haven't heard back from the tech support people yet. So I'm still not ignoring everyone! LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X