No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, maybe I'm getting the hang of this "ship" thing (and I can't believe I'm about to say this), but those two look great together.

Oh, and can someone please tell me what it is about "shipping" that makes people so competitive and spiteful?
    Earth...steaks. There's a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by skye1974
      OK, maybe I'm getting the hang of this "ship" thing (and I can't believe I'm about to say this), but those two look great together.

Oh, and can someone please tell me what it is about "shipping" that makes people so competitive and spiteful?
      Sheppard and Teyla are great together totally out of all the Atlantis people those two have a deep connection and I think TPTB realise this as well as they are always together in scenes.

There are loads more great captures like the one in my signature that show the deep connection between them.

As for the last question about why people get so competitive and spiteful regarding ship - well I dunno I haven't had to put up with it really and if people were spiteful over the choice of my ship I just would ignore them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kip_Cathey_Furlings_are_Cats
        As for the telepathy thing, it has to play in Seige 3. Why else would they introduce it so late along, with no oppertunity to resolve/accept it? I think that it's going to be the way she communicates with Shep, and I think that it will revive the relationship in Season two.

You don't have a mental link to the hot girl you want so badly without some MAJOR (no pun intended) sexual tension.
        or at least some kind of lovely juicy tension i agree... it think, even if they somehow connected for even just a milisecond, it would change their relationship and interaction with each other to a significant extent, and even more so if there were a longer connection...

and i definately think you're right about needing to include the telepathy... i don't see what good it'd do teyla to connect with the wraith at this point, as they'd probably just take control of her again... and they DID introduce it too late to just shove it aside at the end of the season... so who will she probably use telepathy with... well no one else has any degree of serious telepathic ability at all... sure, the people with the ancient gene can operate stuff, but most of them have to really concentrate, while on the other hand, the PJ in rising kept responding to exactly what he was thinking immediately... there's definately some degree of telepathy there, even if at this point he only knows how to use it with some tech...

so who thinks it's possible that SHEP might figure out he can hone telepathy as well, perhaps specifically to connect with teyla?? bit wilder speculation than the rest, but it makes sense that if he can do the kind of things he's done so far just NATURALLY, he'd be able to do even more if he really concentrated and worked at it...

if i could answer that question.... well, i wish i knew the answer so i could put an end to it... that's all i can say... there's really no logical reason, and most of it comes about through people getting set in their minds that they NEED this ONE ship and no other... and especially if they can't stand another character, they hate that character in a ship... and so, well... there's just far too much (what i like to call) "ship selfishness" in shipperdoms of all fandoms for one ship or another... it's a sad phenomenon, but it's true...

and like warrior said, if people insult your ship, just take it in good humor and let it roll off ya, or just ignore if it's too vicious...

and they ARE adorable together

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
          sure, the people with the ancient gene can operate stuff, but most of them have to really concentrate, while on the other hand, the PJ in rising kept responding to exactly what he was thinking immediately...
          Go back and look at my speculation for a simple explanation of this.
          This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

i already read it... and i already responded... i'm just taking the speculation further

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
              i already read it... and i already responded... i'm just taking the speculation further
              Yhen you'll note that the two of them happen to be on different telepathic frequencies. There's no chemical stimuli to tune that section of the mind to a different frequency.

Perhaps the Wraith were playing around with her mind and accidentally produced the correct internal stimuli or a simular one which only activated it for a short amount of time. Of course, it could just be desperation. She's probably being tortured, too. Death and torture seem to have an odd effect of people.
              This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

I think the whole thing about shipper wars is something like this.

If you pick a ship, and it doesn't become cannon, then you were WRONG. And, some people hate being WRONG, so they get pissy.

Just a guess.

I found a wonderful site for hi res caps! www.stargatecaps.com

Nice ones for both SG-1 and Atlantis. No particular ship, but, they are clear, unlike some other sites.

Comment

I think the whole thing about shipper wars is something like this.

If you pick a ship, and it doesn't become cannon, then you were WRONG. And, some people hate being WRONG, so they get pissy.

Just a guess.

I found a wonderful site for hi res caps! www.stargatecaps.com

Nice ones for both SG-1 and Atlantis. No particular ship, but, they are clear, unlike some other sites.
                  That site is a good one - I found it a while ago put it might but my site out of business that is if my site ever gets onto a server etc.

My site is going to have Sheyla captures :-)

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
                    That site is a good one - I found it a while ago put it might but my site out of business that is if my site ever gets onto a server etc.

My site is going to have Sheyla captures :-)
                    It wont put you out because all of us will visit DAILY. So, get a good server, or we will crash it! Lol

Comment

It wont put you out because all of us will visit DAILY. So, get a good server, or we will crash it! Lol
                      LOL

I am looking around so if anyone knows a good place let me know. The site will have it's own Sheyla section for images I'll take from my DVDs and any spoilers for the two etc.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
                        LOL

I am looking around so if anyone knows a good place let me know. The site will have it's own Sheyla section for images I'll take from my DVDs and any spoilers for the two etc.
                        When do you get yours? Cause, I would love to make my own caps, but I don't get them till October or later.

And, I have some requests... as soon as I can tell you when they are in a paticular show...

Comment

When do you get yours? Cause, I would love to make my own caps, but I don't get them till October or later.

And, I have some requests... as soon as I can tell you when they are in a paticular show...
                          I am got my first DVD last month and I get them once a month till July. My next DVD is April 11th so caps from Suspicion - Childhoods End - Poisioning The Well and Home or Underground depending on which one is on the disc will be up around the 12th April.

But yeh any requests just ask I'll be more than happy to get some caps done.

Comment

Hi all! If you don't mind, I'm going to cross ships here and post some possible answers. Don't bite me!

Realize that shippers can generally be categorized into two groups. One group supports their ship, makes friends with other shippers, talks about/writes fanfic/makes photos and vids for their ship, but above all does not take the ship too seriously. The other group also supports their ship, but takes it a bit over the top, almost to a religious fervor. They attack anyone who doesn't support the ship and go out of their way to attack any "competing" ships. Now this latter group is fortunately in the minority, but they tend to be rather vocal. It's too bad, because they give shippers a bad name and give the anti-shippers more fuel for their fire.

Not too sure as to why ships make people so nasty though. Too much projection of their real life into the ships? Too protective/possessive of the characters? An exaggerated sense of competition (some people are competetive with everything, so why stop with ships)? Lashing back at people that are strongly anti-ship or anti-their ship? I'm sure there are different reasons for different people; those are just my possibilties.

Fortunately, I haven't seen too many rabid Atlantis shippers. I hope to keep it that way, so I have a request for everyone in every ship: (I'm certainly not singling out you guys, even though I am posting here. ) Do everything to support your ship, but don't lower yourself to attacking other ships, or worse, the actual shippers. It's childish and makes you and your ship look bad. It also hurts your ship because it takes positive energy and creativity away from it. Please don't do it!

Originally posted by emily reich
                            and like warrior said, if people insult your ship, just take it in good humor and let it roll off ya, or just ignore if it's too vicious...
                            Excellent advice for all shippers!

Comment

Thanks for the insight (again ), Toaster (and everyone else, as well). This stuff really baffles me.
                              Last edited by skye1974; 30 March 2005, 12:56 PM.
                              Earth...steaks. There's a difference?

Comment

Thanks for the insight (again ), Toaster (and everyone else, as well). This stuff really baffles me.
                                You get used to the scatter-brained nature of fans. It's a wonderful, yet not understood thing to be a shipper, as we are sorrily misrepresented by a few individuals.

Wear your shipper colors proud, even if your colors are blank! Just enjoy the show, and RED to anyone who picks on another in THIS thread.

*Smiles serenly*

Thats in no way a threat. Rather, it's a promise.

Also, feel free to join other ships. I hate the people who say you can only support one ship, rather than many. Mine are Sheyla, McWeir, McShep, McBeck, Sam/Jack, Sam/Daniel, and Dan/Jan. The first two are my pets, as you can see by the banners I made.

So, no matter what happens, I'm fit to be happy! Also, aren't Shep and Teyla so 'Old married couple' with eachother? It's like they know what the other is thinking and how to respond to it... it's terribly sappy.

But, also quite endearing!

Comment

Working...
                                X