Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Devine27
    Let me make a couple of clarifications:

We agree more than you realize. I, in no way, consider John’s flirting in season two as Kirking. I only stated that some people called it that. The only times that it irritated me were when it didn’t help the storyline. Other than that, John’s made no commitment to anyone, so he’s free to do what he pleases. So we're nearly eye to eye. I'd still like a slow build up to the realationship, but if they throw them together and make it work, I can live with that as well.

As for Teyla’s love interest, I guess you can say I have a different interpretation of what that means. It can be Teyla being interested in someone, or someone being interested with Teyla. With that said:

Spoiler:
    Teyla in love with Michael? Oh, hell no! Michael in love with Teyla? That I can see, especially after he turns human again. Teyla has a lot of compassion for Michael. I think she feels duty bound to help him adjust to his new life as a human, but she will keep her distance after his betrayal. I don’t know why I think it’s Michael. I’ve never read/heard anything that said it would be. BUT, I remember the look on John’s face when she told the others that Michael remembered her and when she showed Michael around his new quarters. John didn’t like it. Not one bit.
    Thanks so much for the clarification! I'm so sorry if I misunderstood what you meant to say. Glad we agree. Thanks again!

Steph
    Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers
      I totally agree with you! I too think that their awareness seemed to grow after the kiss. It's very subtle, but it can be seen in their expressions and inflections. So I too feel we are seeing a nice, natural progression, which I love.

Steph
      very true.
      Made By Snogging Piccard- Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers
        Yikes, that's a loaded question! I can point you in the direction of some sites that have nice (long) summaries of making vids, but to give you a VERY high-level overview, you just need to have a way to get the eps onto your computer and you can make videos from there. Windows comes with a free program called MovieMaker, which while very basic, does get the job done. There are several other higher quality programs you can purchase as well.
        To get the episodes onto your computer, you can rip DVD's onto your computer using various DVD Ripping programs you can download off the internet or copy VHS onto your computer with the right video card as well. Either way, getting the episodes onto your computer is the first and one of the most time-consuming steps.
        From there, it's a matter of learning your video editing program and challenging yourself to make a video.

Steph

Omg thank you ! If you could pm me with the urls to those sites, I would be grateful forever! lol

Comment

Spoiler:
          Teyla in love with Michael? Oh, hell no! Michael in love with Teyla? That I can see, especially after he turns human again. Teyla has a lot of compassion for Michael. I think she feels duty bound to help him adjust to his new life as a human, but she will keep her distance after his betrayal. I don’t know why I think it’s Michael. I’ve never read/heard anything that said it would be. BUT, I remember the look on John’s face when she told the others that Michael remembered her and when she showed Michael around his new quarters. John didn’t like it. Not one bit.
          I agree 100% with what you have just said Devine27. I don't think I could see Teyla loving Michael after how he betrayed her. At first I was a little worried that they would make her have some feelings for him, but those fears were pretty well squashed after her nearly tried to feed on her.

Spoiler:
          Okay.. I have been practically living under a rock lately.. (well, as far as Stargate Atlantis is concerned), and I only just a few days ago read the spoilers that John as well as teyla would admit feelings, yet the audience would be the only ones to hear them. I REALLY HOPE that this person is not Weir... I mean, because it could be. I mean... if it is, then congrats to the Sparky folks....but it would totally suck for me anyways. Also....hopefully the infamous "Him" is actually John. Because....I mean...."hinted at for the past two years", what is by that Rachel meant seasons 2 and 3? Because she nows what has happened so far with season three. Perhaps I'm just being paranoid though, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by green_eyed_lady

Spoiler:
            Okay.. I have been practically living under a rock lately.. (well, as far as Stargate Atlantis is concerned), and I only just a few days ago read the spoilers that John as well as teyla would admit feelings, yet the audience would be the only ones to hear them. I REALLY HOPE that this person is not Weir... I mean, because it could be. I mean... if it is, then congrats to the Sparky folks....but it would totally suck for me anyways. Also....hopefully the infamous "Him" is actually John. Because....I mean...."hinted at for the past two years", what is by that Rachel meant seasons 2 and 3? Because she nows what has happened so far with season three. Perhaps I'm just being paranoid though, lol.
            Yeah i had the same thoughts regarding the rachel bit, but hopefully we are just being paranoid and it turns out in the best possible way for us!
            -thanks Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel

Thanks Camy!!

Comment

Originally posted by green_eyed_lady
              I agree 100% with what you have just said Devine27. I don't think I could see Teyla loving Michael after how he betrayed her. At first I was a little worried that they would make her have some feelings for him, but those fears were pretty well squashed after her nearly tried to feed on her.

Spoiler:
              Spoiler:
              Well the rumors said that John expresses his feeling to Teyla, not Elizabeth but that the audience are the only ones who hear it - which would indicate that maybe Teyla is hurt and unconsious. As to the "him". Rachael refers to I can't think of any other relationship that has been hinted at for the past 2 seasons except Teyla and John. Even if these spoilers don't happen the way we would like I will still be happy just to see lots of John/Teyla interaction.
              sigpic

Comment

Let me make a couple of clarifications:

We agree more than you realize. I, in no way, consider John’s flirting in season two as Kirking. I only stated that some people called it that. The only times that it irritated me were when it didn’t help the storyline. Other than that, John’s made no commitment to anyone, so he’s free to do what he pleases. So we're nearly eye to eye. I'd still like a slow build up to the realationship, but if they throw them together and make it work, I can live with that as well.

As for Teyla’s love interest, I guess you can say I have a different interpretation of what that means. It can be Teyla being interested in someone, or someone being interested with Teyla. With that said:

Spoiler:
                Devine...I agree with your statement...I feel the same way about John and his not-kirking! LOL

But, as far as this relationship goes..one of the best things that I love about these two and what the writers and actors have done is develop the relationship slowly and very believable for me...In the beginning, in the infamous Rising 1 and 2...everyone writes how John was flirting...YUP he was but I don't see it as an open flat out flirting...in any type of sexual content...I see it more as a man admiring a beautiful woman that he sense and saw from the beginning was strong, smart and a great leader. He flirted but he did it with class and he did it very gentlemanly! does that make any sense?

In any case, I think his feelings for Teyla began from the minute he saw her... His actions express more than just an instant attraction...Hubby and I were talking about this the other day and he mentioned his view on how he saw John and Teyla, whom he knows I"m obsessed with...he actually thinks I'm obsessed with John...I told him that that's Trippy!

but, I love how he described his view of these two and even his view on his view between Weir and him....He feels that John sees Teyla as something beyond his reach! and he feels that John sees Weir with more than just a woman who he likes...but with a strong respect and admiration...
                I can live with that!

so, for me...although I don't think that right now, off the bat they should suddenly put them together....I do think the relationship is ready for something more...I love how the two have develop their sense of trust and respect...I love how they have had several moments where they disagree but in the end, they respect each others' opinion and still continue to do what they have to do as far as their responsibilities in Atlantis....

so, to have them confess to either each other or even to themselves...would be great and for me...so the right time...and of coarse, at the end of season 3...I would love a moment between them, where there is nothing influencing their actions, but themselves...AH!

Now, as far as the Michael thing...
                Spoiler:
                I read in another thread that Michael is going to take Carson hostage and even torture him...NO WAY IN HELL is Teyla going to even blink in his direction....I sure hope not if this is true....

Oh, how many more days....? where's Witchy...she has the countdown!

BTW...Devine are you the one in Fanfic that writes the series of John and Teyla, which I LOVE!?
                sigpic

Comment

Camy, which ep are we discussing today?

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
                    Now, as far as the Michael thing...
                    Spoiler:
                    I read in another thread that Michael is going to take Carson hostage and even torture him...NO WAY IN HELL is Teyla going to even blink in his direction....I sure hope not if this is true....

Oh, how many more days....? where's Witchy...she has the countdown!

BTW...Devine are you the one in Fanfic that writes the series of John and Teyla, which I LOVE!?
                    Creepy spoiler... I don't want that... but it makes for good angst...

As for what episode... I have no idea... but... realize that in five days... we have new episodes!!!!!
                    Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Okay after taking off a few weeks from TV fandom, had to go see Superman and Pirates in the theater, I am back now and can't wait for Friday!!!!

4 day to go!!!!

And now back to your normal discussion!

And hello to devine!!!!

Comment

I think we are still discussing Inferno and Allies.

Can't remember a lot about Inferno except that the scientist really annoyed me. The only shippy bits were when John seemed really concerned about Teyla when he couldn't contact her. Other than that nothing really stands out for me in this ep.

Allies I found a bit disappointing as well though more John and Telya interaction. Loved the scene where he caught up to her to ask her if she was okay with the decision they had made about the Wraith. I like how he values her opinion so much.
                        sigpic

Comment

AG! OH, my goodness..you are BACK! oh, how I've missed you!

OT..I didn't like Superman at ALL! but hubby and the kids just went last night to see Pirates..and they loved it! they are dying to tell me what happens...I'm not sure if I want to see...wasn't too fond of the first one either..Now...don't kill the old mommy for being honest!

Hi DM...Hehehehe...I think we are in ALLIES! but we have been back and forth discussing Inferno and even Sanctuary....it doesn't really matter..just let's discuss...

Allies I thought was a good episode....Again...the two of them sitting in the briefing room side by side..was AH! priceless...
                          Then we get to find out what really happened in Michael..and how that came to be...
                          and then we saw how Sheppard just went running after Teyla upon noticing her concerns..which clearly confirms our statement that during the briefings he has one eye and sometimes two fixed on Teyla...how else would he have known that she was upset...and two the fact that we have a little argument here but the main point is that he wanted her to be fine with it...

lastly...how can we forget his statement to the Wraith Queen in front of Weir about him being worried about his grandkids..

John wants to stay in the Pegasus Galaxy....he said it clearly in the episode Home....why else would he want to stay if it isn't because a part of him wishes for him and Teyla to be together...hmm....
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy

OT..I didn't like Superman at ALL! but hubby and the kids just went last night to see Pirates..and they loved it! they are dying to tell me what happens...I'm not sure if I want to see...wasn't too fond of the first one either..Now...don't kill the old mommy for being honest!

Allies I thought was a good episode....Again...the two of them sitting in the briefing room side by side..was AH! priceless...
                            Then we get to find out what really happened in Michael..and how that came to be...
                            and then we saw how Sheppard just went running after Teyla upon noticing her concerns..which clearly confirms our statement that during the briefings he has one eye and sometimes two fixed on Teyla...how else would he have known that she was upset...and two the fact that we have a little argument here but the main point is that he wanted her to be fine with it...

lastly...how can we forget his statement to the Wraith Queen in front of Weir about him being worried about his grandkids..

John wants to stay in the Pegasus Galaxy....he said it clearly in the episode Home....why else would he want to stay if it isn't because a part of him wishes for him and Teyla to be together...hmm....
                            I just saw Superman and Pirates last week as well. I hardly ever go to the theater anymore, and I saw two in one week! I really liked Superman, but was disappointed in Pirates. Guess I am the opposite, lol.

Great comments on Allies! I totally agree with you. I love that little scene where John runs up to Teyla and that line, "I guess I just want you to be fine with it too." (Sorry, can't remember the exact wording!) And I love how she leans into him to make her point, "They are wraith." Ohhh! I would love to see that conversation picked up again at the end of things and they are back together again. She chose to place her trust in him. I would love to see him want to make sure they were still OK, that her trust hadn't been damaged. I'm sure it will be all glossed over, but it would be a great conversation to see!

Steph
                            Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

OH, Steph...I'm so with you on that one! I don't think Teyla's trust in John has been shaken at all...on the contrary...I just think that she knows that the Earthlings are sometimes to overconfident in their own strength and tend to forget their weaknesses....I think Teyla and Ronon see them as people with lots of potential, but with a lot more to learn about surviving with the Wraith around...

In the end, I think that John and Teyla understand each other so well and respect each other so much that even when they goof up after Teyla warned them, she will still stand strong by her man! AH!

In the end, she will go out of her way to defend and protect all of them and that of coarse includes stubborn mule John....*don't let Trippy read this..she adores him*

If anything, what I would love to see and I know we won't see it...is someone acknowledging that Teyla tried to warn us..or Teyla was right! but that is just too darn good to be true!

Can you imagine, Teyla walking in on Rodney and Ronon while they are still in the Wraith traps...

Teyla: Hmmm...stomping her foot...she moves over to Ronon and Mckay who are desperately trying to get Teyla to release them.."For some reason, I keep thinking in my mind that I was opposed to this idea from the very beginning...but, NO..Teyla the Alien Xena Wannabe Warrior Princess...does not understand the logics and strategies that the wise Earthlings have conjured up..."

McKay..OH, Teyla would just shut up and get me the hell out of here..

Ronon...Teyla...you know I have always been on your side...it's these Earthlings...they brainwashed me...I had no control over it!

Teyla: Ah, you poor baby..I feel so sorry for you two...but again...I have no knowledge of this...I cannot release you as much as I want to...

Teyla walks away looking for John as Mckay and Ronon could be heard screaming her name.....

fin!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien
                                Spoiler:
                                Well the rumors said that John expresses his feeling to Teyla, not Elizabeth but that the audience are the only ones who hear it - which would indicate that maybe Teyla is hurt and unconsious. As to the "him". Rachael refers to I can't think of any other relationship that has been hinted at for the past 2 seasons except Teyla and John. Even if these spoilers don't happen the way we would like I will still be happy just to see lots of John/Teyla interaction.
                                Oh! Okay Well if the John rumours are indeed that its Teyla he expresses his feelings too. I also heard that
                                Spoiler:
                                for sunday, the bomb goes off while Teyla is walking somewhere.....so, it could very well be in Sunday. I do think it would be very sweet if John expressed his feelings to her while she is unconcious.

Comment

Working...
                                X