John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaeyla
    As Sheppard felt the incapacitating blast he smiled, free from mind control "That's my girl Teyla- you are always stunning to me."

Kaeyla, I love that last line. So sweet. You made me smile with that. Good answer to the challenge. I also like the line about how Teyla is "worth a million yous".

Doxymom

Comment

BP, you were so right about that JT vid. Hot, hot, hot! Thanks for the link. I never would have seen it otherwise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ep by Ep Discussion!

July 7 Inferno
      July 8 Allies

So, Inferno, what did you all think? Any shippy moments? I can think of a few, despite yet another Bimbo--this one annoyed me to no end in her pointlessness to the plot. But that's beside the point.

What was missing that you wish had been shown?

What was your favorite part of the ep?

Biggest shippy moment?

FIC Challenge: write the scene when John finds out Teyla's alive and do it from his perspective--from inside his head.

Doxymom

Comment

Originally posted by Doxymom
        BP, you were so right about that JT vid. Hot, hot, hot! Thanks for the link. I never would have seen it otherwise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ep by Ep Discussion!

July 7 Inferno
        July 8 Allies

So, Inferno, what did you all think? Any shippy moments? I can think of a few, despite yet another Bimbo--this one annoyed me to no end in her pointlessness to the plot. But that's beside the point.

What was missing that you wish had been shown?

What was your favorite part of the ep?

Biggest shippy moment?

FIC Challenge: write the scene when John finds out Teyla's alive and do it from his perspective--from inside his head.

Doxymom

I think what was missing to me was the end, it didnt seem right that John didnt talk to teyla and to make sure she was ok, after all that she went through i assumed that teyla and john would talk for a sec and check to make sure things were ok at the end.

I liked alot of how McKay went nuts tryin to fix the ship. Also when John was tryin to raido teyla and he didnt get a response, his face said it all at that time.

I cant say that there was in a way a shippy moment but the look on Teyla's face when she was on the daedalus was priceless and her worries for John and his safety was so innocent to say. They both care about each other but yet their characters cant tell each other how they feel. Its so undenialbe at times when there together or apart.
        part of:
        Unique Bond fansite Graphics Com ShepMagan Icons

wanna sig? pm me and ill make u one

Comment

I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks tomorrow. I thought I'd leave you with a caption competition. (Caps from TheWarrior, Camy and UniqueBond.)

Spoiler:

Comment

Bella,

Cool! I've never seen that one of Teyla laughing with John beside her.

Doxy

Comment

Let's see, Inferno. I agree, to me what was missing was the JT reunion/resolution scene.

Shippy moments: when John was trying so hard to get to her through the tunnels. He must've been frantic. And then when she looked so worried, as if she was thinking of him while unable to get back. The ultimate was on the ship when she thought he was dead and then heard his voice. Even Ronon looked at her like he was happy for her.

To me, this ep had several missing scene opportunities for JT introspection--what were they thinking while apart, etc. And, of course, the missing resolution scene where John finds out she's alive and then they meet again.

Shoot one could even do a wallpaper with a pic of John searching for her in the tunnels, and her in the moments when she thought he was dead.

Doxymom

Comment

Originally posted by Doxymom
                Let's see, Inferno. I agree, to me what was missing was the JT reunion/resolution scene.

Shippy moments: when John was trying so hard to get to her through the tunnels. He must've been frantic. And then when she looked so worried, as if she was thinking of him while unable to get back. The ultimate was on the ship when she thought he was dead and then heard his voice. Even Ronon looked at her like he was happy for her.

To me, this ep had several missing scene opportunities for JT introspection--what were they thinking while apart, etc. And, of course, the missing resolution scene where John finds out she's alive and then they meet again.

Shoot one could even do a wallpaper with a pic of John searching for her in the tunnels, and her in the moments when she thought he was dead.

Doxymom
                Doxy your so right about this... John was frantic trying to get back to Teyla... when he realized he couldn't he did the next best thing... trying to get out of there. I don't remember... but did he ask about Teyla and Ronon once they got out... or didn't he. Either way... I know Teyla and Ronon both instantly rejoiced when the Orion warped out right in front of the Daedalus.

Those are the major shippy moments... though Shep and McKay's little competition for the girl was worth a few laughs (McKay's part anyway... Shep's wasn't so funny)
                Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Originally posted by Celede
                  Hi!! I've moved and have very limted net access!!

But I did hear the thing about Teyla...

It's in an ep where she has a romantic interest. It's not one of the regular boys and she has to tell this love interest that she has feelings for someone else. It was narrowed down to either John or Ronon, but seeing as we have stuff that says it wont be Ronon it must be John!!!

Feel free to email important stuff guys!

Oh.......so your saying.....that in the episode, there is a character (probably made up) that has feelings for her, but she rejects him by saying...oh....okay.

Spoiler:
                  Well thats good.......brings my hopes down a little, because I thought from the other spoilers that she was going to have a big admission of her feelings. Well... I shouldn't have gotten my hopes so high, I mean.....it is only season three.
                  Made By Snogging Piccard- Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
                    There's an article on Convergence about this but from a different source

Spoiler:
                    Joe Flanigan has again stated that there is a tension between Shep and Teyla that isn't there between Shep and Weir. He didn't say further... but I'm feeling good... either way... it won't be the death of me. *Dies of shippy heart attack* Okay... maybe..

On a side note... that vid... I will never look at that sparring scene the same way again.
                    Spoiler:
                    Yay for tension!! Cpt. Ritter, the article that this was in....do you happen to have a link for it byany chance?

Wow.. I just realized something...only a couple more days for you folks who get sci-fi! I'm dying of envy right now... Oh well...at least for most of Jully and the first week of August I'll be on vaccation with my family anyways, so I wont be tempted to read spoilers because I wont have computer access! But I'll bet all of you 5 bucks that as soon as I get home, the first thing I do will be to log on here and find any shipp spoilers I can.

Comment

Originally posted by green_eyed_lady
                      Oh.......so your saying.....that in the episode, there is a character (probably made up) that has feelings for her, but she rejects him by saying...oh....okay.

Spoiler:
                      Well thats good.......brings my hopes down a little, because I thought from the other spoilers that she was going to have a big admission of her feelings. Well... I shouldn't have gotten my hopes so high, I mean.....it is only season three.

There are a lot of rumors flying around the last few days based upon a very vague comment Rachel made at the Con and based upon a new digital spy interview snippet. However, what it comes down to is that we basically don't know anything.
                      The facts that we do know are that Rachel has been quoted as saying at the Con that something was going to come up about a love interest for Teyla. And then she went off on a tangent. There was no mention or confirmation of an actual love interest for Teyla either with John or a guest star. The fact is we don't know if this love interest comment is in reference to a specific person or just in reference to some awareness of feelings from Teyla, with no action coming from them.
                      The other fact that we know is from a recent interivew with Rachel. Huge thanks to Linda on STF for providing us this link from a new digital spy interview:
                      http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds34409.html
                      It's halfway down on the page and in it and she says a love interest will be touched on and has been hinted at for the past two years.
                      Those are the only two facts from Rachel that we know. Both very vague and could be something big or something very small. But either way, I am excited!
                      I'll repeat what I commented in STF, that in the end all we can do is wait and see what will happen. I personally thought this digital spy interview comment was much more significant than her Con comment because she says "it's been hinted at for the past two years." There haven't been any other love
                      nterests hinted at for the last two years other than John, so I find that
                      comment hopeful. I know better than to expect too much, but I do think this is a promising hint. It could perhaps be another love interest will be the catalyst for her to realize her feelings for John, with both of them having their own realizations of sorts, but not really acting on them. Or it could be no other love interest except for John and something else is the catalyst to brings these feelings to the forefront. She says the love interest will be touched on and has been hinted at for the past two years. So yes, very vague and most likely not a major declaration of love or anything of the sort, but I'm happy with "touched on" and "hints." That to me translates to some good J/T moments. But ultimately, this is all just speculation and the facts are, we don't know anything other than Teyla could see or realize some love this season!

I find her recent comments of a love interest very interesting because up until a few days ago, the rumor mill was saying that there would be some sort of acknowledgement or awareness of feelings from John. This is the first we've heard of any recognition of feelings from Teyla's side. I don't know if these are all rumors about nothing, or if it will only be from one and not the other, or (fingers crossed!) if there will be realizations on both their parts, but I'm looking forward to finding out!

A quick comment on the third item that seems to be causing some confusion is on the JF article that CR commented on. It's a great comment by Joe, but it's an older one, from last January. But it's still a nice reminder that Joe feels any tension on the show is between John and Teyla, not John and Weir! Here is his exact quote: "I don’t think there is romantic tension with Dr. Weir. There’s tension with Tayla and they’ve written it that way. We get a fair amount into our characters. It all depends on the person and the character. The more time you spend on the show, the more input you get into your character. Brad and Robert, the writers, are very receptive and dynamic when they hear something. The feeling is that if you’ve got good material and suggestions there is always an open door." Arguments aside over how much can be read into how much imput or say an actor has into the storyline, I just find it personally gratifying that Joe, as someone with a huge investment into these characters, sees tension between John and Teyla and not between John and Weir. This however, is separate from Rachel's recent comments about a love interest angle for Teyla. I just wanted to comment on it as well since there was some confusion over all these articles and comments and rumors flying around lately.

In the end, all we can do is wait and see what happens, but I for one am excited over some great storylines that seem to indicate more J/T moments for us! I love those little moments, so can't wait to see more!

Steph
                      Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers
                        There are a lot of rumors flying around the last few days based upon a very vague comment Rachel made at the Con and based upon a new digital spy interview snippet. However, what it comes down to is that we basically don't know anything.
                        The facts that we do know are that Rachel has been quoted as saying at the Con that something was going to come up about a love interest for Teyla. And then she went off on a tangent. There was no mention or confirmation of an actual love interest for Teyla either with John or a guest star. The fact is we don't know if this love interest comment is in reference to a specific person or just in reference to some awareness of feelings from Teyla, with no action coming from them.
                        The other fact that we know is from a recent interivew with Rachel. Huge thanks to Linda on STF for providing us this link from a new digital spy interview:
                        http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds34409.html
                        It's halfway down on the page and in it and she says a love interest will be touched on and has been hinted at for the past two years.
                        Those are the only two facts from Rachel that we know. Both very vague and could be something big or something very small. But either way, I am excited!
                        I'll repeat what I commented in STF, that in the end all we can do is wait and see what will happen. I personally thought this digital spy interview comment was much more significant than her Con comment because she says "it's been hinted at for the past two years." There haven't been any other love
                        nterests hinted at for the last two years other than John, so I find that
                        comment hopeful. I know better than to expect too much, but I do think this is a promising hint. It could perhaps be another love interest will be the catalyst for her to realize her feelings for John, with both of them having their own realizations of sorts, but not really acting on them. Or it could be no other love interest except for John and something else is the catalyst to brings these feelings to the forefront. She says the love interest will be touched on and has been hinted at for the past two years. So yes, very vague and most likely not a major declaration of love or anything of the sort, but I'm happy with "touched on" and "hints." That to me translates to some good J/T moments. But ultimately, this is all just speculation and the facts are, we don't know anything other than Teyla could see or realize some love this season!

I find her recent comments of a love interest very interesting because up until a few days ago, the rumor mill was saying that there would be some sort of acknowledgement or awareness of feelings from John. This is the first we've heard of any recognition of feelings from Teyla's side. I don't know if these are all rumors about nothing, or if it will only be from one and not the other, or (fingers crossed!) if there will be realizations on both their parts, but I'm looking forward to finding out!

A quick comment on the third item that seems to be causing some confusion is on the JF article that CR commented on. It's a great comment by Joe, but it's an older one, from last January. But it's still a nice reminder that Joe feels any tension on the show is between John and Teyla, not John and Weir! Here is his exact quote: "I don’t think there is romantic tension with Dr. Weir. There’s tension with Tayla and they’ve written it that way. We get a fair amount into our characters. It all depends on the person and the character. The more time you spend on the show, the more input you get into your character. Brad and Robert, the writers, are very receptive and dynamic when they hear something. The feeling is that if you’ve got good material and suggestions there is always an open door." Arguments aside over how much can be read into how much imput or say an actor has into the storyline, I just find it personally gratifying that Joe, as someone with a huge investment into these characters, sees tension between John and Teyla and not between John and Weir. This however, is separate from Rachel's recent comments about a love interest angle for Teyla. I just wanted to comment on it as well since there was some confusion over all these articles and comments and rumors flying around lately.

In the end, all we can do is wait and see what happens, but I for one am excited over some great storylines that seem to indicate more J/T moments for us! I love those little moments, so can't wait to see more!

Steph
                        THank you so much for your post LoveConquers!! You really got my shippy hopes back up wherethey belong.

I agree with you, I think that we may be getting some revelations, probably more one sided ones, that do not neccesarily get acted upon.

Earlier this afternoon I rewatched Conversion and the Long Goodbye, as the whole season two is on Movie Network on Demand for free and I just picked those two to watch. You can see from before Conversion, up to Long Goodbye, and beyond, just how much the shippy dynamic has grown for our ship. At the beggins the tension was there, but that was pretty much all it was, tension, and it seemed to stay that way up to the kiss in Conversion. After that kiss, Teyla seems to have grown more aware of how she feels for Sheppard, or is becoming more aware. Proof can be seen in her facial expressions, her actions, and certain inflections that her voice takes on. Most notably of course is the long good bye. So it just seems to me, that the hints we have gotten, that there may be more shippy between Teyla and Sheppard just seems to me like a natural progression, however painfully slow it may be.

Comment

Is in next friday yet? lol!!

I have to work until 930 so i have race home to watch it!!!
                          cant wait!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jodi518
                            Is in next friday yet? lol!!

I have to work until 930 so i have race home to watch it!!!
                            cant wait!!!

Your SO lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to wait till August 14th cuz I live in Canada...lol!

On a completely off topic note....does anyone know where I can find tutorials on how to make fanvids? What programs are best to use? Actually if anyone has even the slightest info on that kind of thing I would be so happy, because I really wanna learn how to do it, but I'm totally lost. Thanks
                            Last edited by green_eyed_lady; 07 July 2006, 07:54 PM.

Comment

I live in England and have no idea how long i have to wait... Much too long probably!!!

Anyway i've started on a new story and would like to know what you think, its not much but hey!!!

www.fanfiction.net/s/3032823/1/

I'm going to take some of the challenges from a while back on holiday with me (i'm going for a week so i would miss the 1st ep even if i did live in America), im going in... less than an hour, and i'll try to do as many as possible!!!

Thanks everyone and i hope everyone who can watch the episode enjoys it!!!

White Tigeress
                              Magnificent sig by Sheylafan87!!! *hugs*

Comment

Hey White Tigeress!

If you have SkyOne then season three should start in the first fortnight of October. If you're relying on C5 then...who knows? I don't think they've started season two yet

Gah! These spoilers are driving me nuts, lol. So many ways they can be interpreted. *sporks the vagueness*

green eyed lady, you could ask in the Music Vids thread (it's in the Stargate Fandom section). They'd be the best people to help you. I know a lot of people use Windows Movie Maker (WMM) or Quicktime.

Comment

Working...
                                X