No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone i've had a go at Mondays challenge (late i know) but i'd like to know what you think. It's probably not very good though i warn you; it's my very first drabble, 100 words exactly.

The url thing is www.fanfiction.net/s/2979003/1/
    Magnificent sig by Sheylafan87!!! *hugs*

Comment

Cool...I'll read it at home...

Hey, EVERYONE! Those of you who know Ritter...I want ALL of us to creat something Shep/Teyla related and at the same time congratulate him from finally graduating from High School!

YIPEE! I'll be posting my creation tonight..

CONGRATS RITTER! YIPEE...he is no longer our baby! BWAAAA!
      sigpic

Comment

I'll see what I can come up with Camy. I remember my high school graduation. It took two hours! Happy Graduation Ritter!
        Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Sweet. Congratulations Ritter! My grad was fun, hope you have a good time at yours.

And I'm really sorry you guys but I won't be able to do a challenge fic for today. Real life is just too hectic for me. Hopefully I'll get a chance to do it later anyway.

Nytel

Comment

Originally posted by nodrog
            lol I don't see how people can't see Tayla and John go together?

I mean just from s2 stuff

Conversion the kiss, people hopped up on crap or people who can't think straight have no inhibitions so they do what they feel and he felt like kissing tayla

The long good bye Weir mentioned how Tayla was the only one that could get to him?!

lol S1 stuff had some other evidence but seriously lol Sheppard and Tayla for the win!

SGA really needs to start building romantic relationships in more detail! lol
            That's how we see things.. just stay out of other shipper groups with that. They'd take offense... and we don't want you to be in trouble.
            Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Camy... everyone I'm humbled. Thanks.

Nice to see you back kaeyla.... and nice little story.
              Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Originally posted by kaeyla
                Hello to Camy, 4prettyerships, Cpt Ritter and Varbella...glad you liked the poetry. I feel now warmly welcomed and I will be here as often as time allows me. I have noticed you are a really warm crowd of artistic caring people and I feel now I can really get on down with being on this thread. I like being here despite my foot in mouth sessions!!!!

Varbella, you posed me many questions... this following are the answers

1) You quote me on the wonder baby- no it's my fault I did not make myself clear at all.. -. i just meant with all the enimity between the the ancients, humans and Wraith- its a miracle that those three strands of dna, from a scientific viewpoint, would even get to be in one entire person at all given the odds against it. I merely wished that would hope that the child could help the future against death and destruction in the Pegasus galaxy by having all three dna codes but by what method i can not tell.
                Okay, well I plan on answering back. By the way it's V-A-B-E-R-E-L-L-A, Vaberella. Where to begin...? Again I'm given the idea of the wonder baby, who's to bring peace. Which as I said would be unlikely. This is genetics, there's one thing that can be constant....nature loves anomalies, maybe the child would not have both ancient and wraith, or have one over another. If the child would have all 2 of the main 'unusual' gene traits at the same time.....I would assume there would be a matter of competition going as to one being dormant---but again if my assumption (or evaluation)---since thinking of the Wraith DNA within humans is right, which I'll explain in the next answer, there could be more to it's affect and relation to the ancient gene.
                Again it would play no role that I can imagine. The wraith wouldn't welcome the child period---since they are the enemy. The child though for those with the Wraith DNA or ancient would see her/him as human. I don't think the genetic make up would do anything unless of course there was some thing seriously more to the melding of the genes..which I mention in the second part.

2)I refer to the Taken from 'The Gift' where Teyla discovers her ability to sense the wraith comes from the fact a wraith scientist experimented on her ancestors. He used to abduct humans from her ancestor's village and experimented on them by introducing wraith dna in their dna and possibly rna. He then returned his human subjects to the village- Teyla's ancestor was one such person- I think her father's family. They were called The Taken and eventually were killed by the other villagers for hearing 'voices' and become 'possessed' by the wraith. Teyla's family had already left before that happened.
                It's interesting that you bring this up, I didn't understand at all what you were talking about before. I don't think many people paid close attention to that episode...there's a lot of detail and it's extremely contradictory. What you said to be fact is not fact, but an interpretation that bloody well confuses me---and makes no sense. Weir doesn't speak Wraith, but said it was in fact a derivative of Ancient, which she supposedly reads (I bring up supposedly, because if you watch her in 'Epiphany' --- She doesn't read, she interprets what is said. Which makes her reading Wraith, even more quesitonable!); but let's move on.

Now I would most likely follow Charin's account and Teyla repeating what was told to her over some of what Weir has said, but I plan on connecting the two. First off, the Taken were never ever ever posessed by the Wraith--or that was never mentioned within the episode. There's further testament that this controlling ability is not easily done by any wraith--if you notice in Siege 1 when Teyla went into the mind of Bob, why didn't Bob use that to his advantage when she went into his mind--he just mentally attacked her back. But he could have caused damage to those around him--and he'd have nothing to lose. But I digress, they are able to tap into the minds of the Wraith and hear their thoughts. Did you see the way Teyla was when she went under, she can see them feeding--feel them. The Taken during REM were able to do that and that was what affected the Taken negatively...and probably led them to being violent. People do become aggressive with lack of sleep. Picture seeing that every time you go to bed...then you avoid sleep because of it. That is what Weir meant when she said it must have driven them mad, not only seeing that all the time--but also avoiding it. Remember how Teyla was when the Wraith was in Atlantis...and how she was feeling, she looked like she was going crazy. This the problem.

But let's go back to the interpretation. I don't believe it was a Wraith scientist that did the testing. Again what Weir is doing is interpreting as much as she could. She doesn't know Wraith. It doesn't bloody make any sense what so ever that the Wraith scientist would do the tests, then release them back into the population in hopes that it would dilute the ability even if he was a rogue Wraith. And why would the other Wraith be against making the humans more digestable for them?! They wouldn't because they could use that to their advantage. Now, yes I can see them finding the humans a threat when they were able to have these abilities, but why let them go? No, if I know the Wraith based on what we've seen in S1 and S2, they'd munch on these threats or at least kill them. Of course there's a possiblity that Ronon may be one of these people with the wraith dna...and hence they're not edible, but they still would have found some way to keep track of these people with the gene or just kill most of them.

You don't send them back into the population in hopes that these powers would be diluted. You would kill them. So now we beg to question...why would the Wraith scientist let them go and not have them killed or at least eat them. And this is why the idea that it's a Wraith scientist doesn't flow. The Wraith even came back to kill them off...that means that it had to be someone or something else. Further more, I'm sure the Wraith scientist didn't fall in love with one of his test subjects to let the subjects go back into the population.

Now back a moment to what Teyla said to Weir and John. The Taken VANQUISHED the Wraith, this was also mentioned in 'The Lost Boys'---how people like Teyla are a threat to the Wraith. Do you really believe that the Wraith would want these people around? Which again solidifies the fact that the posession is not likely to happen to just any Wraith with any human. I'm even starting to think that when Teyla tapped into the mind of the Wraith that was able to take control---it had to have been Michael. If you notice the other Wraith werent' able to get into her mind, but SHE has the distinct ability to get into any of their minds---that doesn't mean any of them can control her back--again going back to the Siege 1 with Bob. But again the Taken were able to vanquish the Wraith. If that is true, that says to me that it wasn't a Wraith scientist doing the testing at all but it had to be a ROGUE Atlantean scientist, the way Janus was.

The humans were large in numbers, the Atlanteans were not and obviously not even powered enough to fight off the Wraith. Now an Atlantean scientist could just have easily decided to run some tests on both human and WRAITH dna. As we can see the humans were in large numbers and almost as numbered if not more so than the Wraith at times. The wraith puts them in freezers. If that's the case then the Atlantean knew that if he could mutate Human DNA with WRaith DNA---with them still remaining human...he would have super soldiers. A SUPER ARMY---that could fight off the Wraith....hence the vanquishing. I'm thinking that's why periodically people were Taken and then returned. It wasn't all at once they were returned, but from time to time. This says that somethign else was going on...and probably that it wasn't a Wraith scientist at all. Hence the reason then they were put back into the population to reproduce and create the numbers to later defeat the WRaith. Also why the ancients might also believe that they would be able to come back. If people reproduce in numbers and the gene is still around they would be able to take over again.
                I do also think that this rogue Atlantean, or possibly supported Atlantean scientist was discovered by the Wraith and hence the end of the mystery. Could also state why the reading was a derivative it could have been in code. Why didn't Weir try to translate the little connector thing when they got it from the Genii and it was working?! Remember, 'The Underground' was shown way before 'The Gift'.

We never saw her translate that but she was able to translate the one from, 'The Gift'. That further states to me that it was probably Atlantean.
                Spoiler:
                Not only all this but remember that it's said Teyla will be flying very large ships in S3, we have no knowledge what kind of ships. But let's speculate that it's Atlantean ship....that would turn the tables on what we really know about the Wraith DNA and also what is going on with this whole DNA thing.

By the way it was never said her father's family, it was just said in her lineage, could be her mum---but her father wanted to keep the knowledge of Teyla's ability hush hush..and make her more welcomed than viewed as a threat to the people of their tribe.

3)You refered to my Shep/weir ship partiallity... I actually have no human ship favourite as i am able to see more than one way in the ship threads. I am actually a wraith person first to be honest. It just happened to be the first ship I could see easy. I have most difficulty with Sheppard and Teyla but it means I do not want to give up on it- I want to see more, learn more even if slowly- sometimes the best flowers come from the hardest to grow plants. I intend to learn as well and I believe I can with SSansong, Camy Cpt Ritter, 4pretterships and others like yourself on this thread.
                What do you mean?! It's like we're converting you to some type of religion. There is no converting involved. You either see it or you don't. I don't think there's any real learning about it. I see nothing with shipping for multiple people, that's whatever, there are tons of people who do--and that's fine. But as you stated you see Shep/Weir and so are more inclined to them. Mainly, I felt your argument against Shep/Teyla was incorrect, point blank. It made no sense to me, and that's why I don't understand the sudden turn around, when there's nothing that was said that you couldn't see on screen. There was no innuedo or hidden meanings, there were no secret looks or moments on the balcony, there were straight up words from both Teyla and John as well as action. By the way I don't waste time on trying to convert people---just wastes time.

4) my poetry yes that is my own- I just got a vision of Teyla being observed in the sunlight and it just flowed into my head as written. I was also inspired by the creative forces from everyone on this thread.
                <snip>
                Okay, great job then!

VB
                Last edited by vaberella; 07 June 2006, 02:24 PM.
                Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
                  Cool...I'll read it at home...

Hey, EVERYONE! Those of you who know Ritter...I want ALL of us to creat something Shep/Teyla related and at the same time congratulate him from finally graduating from High School!

YIPEE! I'll be posting my creation tonight..

CONGRATS RITTER! YIPEE...he is no longer our baby! BWAAAA!
                  Woo-hoo!!! Congrats to Ritter!

Well, this isn't mine, but a friend made it for me (was actually partly my idea)... hope this will do for now!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...epteylacal.jpg

Comment

That is beautiful......

VB, HON! HUGS!

Okay, so I have tons of challenges...YIPEE!

Okay here is another one..you can do this whenever you want to...I found this on this cool website...If hubby ever sees this, he'll think I'm cheating on him or something, jeepers...the things I do for the love of this couple! LOL

Okay, so here's the challenge..these are statements that according to this site, are signs of a girl that likes a guy...So, do you see any that you've seen Teyla do...GOOD! Find and post the pic or describe in as much detail as possible the episode and scene where you remember this happening...COOL!

Remember to post the sentence that goes with your pic or statement..Soon to come, Does John like Teyla?
                    YIPEE!
                    Okay, supper has to get done! Aren't you glad you're not in my house!?

here's the website where I got this from....http://www.links2love.com/teens_flirting.htm
                    I'll be reading all the fics tonight! LOVE IT!
                    Nytel, don't feel bad....I know you will make it up to me! LOL hugs....
                    Nicole....I need that Teyla's POV! LOVE IT!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
                      NICOLE! CAMY LOVES IT....

That was very good John's POV...you know that I think he's easy to write..but my latest piece of work, didn't quite get his voice..so back to the drawing board.....THIS WAS WONDERFUL! that episode was such a classic...I mean..it was soo shippy in my point of view...LOVED IT! and I can so see John doing something like this....

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? YOU MUST WRITE TEYLA'S POINT OF VIEW...YOU MUST....PRETTY PLEASE, WITH SUGAR ON TOP!

Thanks so much hun, that means a lot. Well now i guess i have to do it from Teylas POV. )))

goes off to write some more.

nicole

Comment

Originally posted by Spectrum
                        nicole-I loved that story!! I definitely add my vote to a Teyla POV one!

Thanks so much...goes off to write ))

nicole

Comment

Congratulations Ritter. YEAH!!!! Do you feel more mature now ..lol. I remember i honestly didnt' feel any different.

((Hugs))

and congrats again. ))

Comment

Your welcome LoveConquers. Thank you for the compliments! Your going to make me blush!

Congratulations Cpt. Ritter! Lets see... Would shippy moments be enough?

Before I Sleep Shippy Moments

John, Teyla, and Aiden have found a woman in stasis. Elizabeth, Rodney and Carson have joined them to check it out and discuss what to do with her. Carson thinks they shouldn't revive her because it might kill her. Rodney thinks they should take the chance. Rodney: We cannot let this chance to talk to a living, breathing Ancient slip through our fingers again. He looks accusingly at John. John glares back at Rodney. As Rodney turns back to his debate with Carson John looks away looking a bit nervous. He glances in Teyla's direction. It is decided to revive her. John: The whole time we thought this city was abandoned. John looks over at Teyla. Not only do John and Teyla draw close to one another when something big happens they also tend to look at each other. Like they are trying to check out the others reaction and act accordingly.

The woman was revived. She looks out the window at the city. Woman: It worked. Rodney: What was that? Elizabeth: She said, "It worked." Rodney: What's that mean? John: I assume something worked. Rodney: Yes, that's very sharp! John: Thank you! Teyla looks over at John and smiles.

They are having a meeting because the woman claims to be Elizabeth who went into the past and got trapped there. They are discussing what to do and whether or not to believe her. Rodney mentions that the woman could be nuts. Elizabeth: She may be senile, yes, but that doesn't explain that she knows so much about all of us.

John starts out looking at Elizabeth. In the middle of Elizabeth talking his gaze appears to transfer to Teyla. His gaze travels down and slightly pauses in one spot before he looks down at his hands. I will let you decide were his gaze pauses for yourself.

As usual when something big happens John and Teyla are drawn close to one another. It is confirmed that the woman is Elizabeth. This older Elizabeth tells them what happened.

As she tells them how everyone but herself died look how close they have become. Love the matching expressions.
                            Last edited by Black Panther; 07 June 2006, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Thank you all who have left me feedback on my fic Possession sucks.

By request i decided to do it from Teyla's POV so here goes

Title: Possession Sucks
                              Author: Nicole
                              Pariring: John/Teyla
                              Rating: PG on this one
                              Spoilers: The long goodbye
                              Summary: Teyla POV to the challenge start with "I never wanted to be in love.

find it here: http://nicole9514.livejournal.com/51330.html

feeback is loved and adored. )

Comment

Well, here is the link to today's challenge. Sorry it is in late ... but i had to do some last minute mowing. *Sticks out tongue*

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2974107/3/

(You can use this image, but please, if you use the poem, I wrote it, so please leave a copywrite on it. Thanks!)

Comment

Working...
                                X