• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think I fixed it a little bit.

Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
      This scene from Condemned I love as well...if you hear John, he is arguing with Ronon on how to get them out of there...but as he is mentioning us..he turns his head and tilts over to Teyla....which in my view, he is almost telling Ronon, let's get Teyla out of here and to safety...almost as if he didn't want to single her out....and so he did so with his head so that Ronon can get the message...but of coarse, without having Teyla realize it...just like Sanssong says....she'd kick his ASS!
      I agree. She would probably kick his ass back to Earth. He protects her without her really subtly. It's only noticible to us, and of curse them.
      Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gigajules
        Maybe he likes women who can set him on his ass. She doesn't let his BS slip by her, either, which is one of the things I love about her.
        Oh, I've always thought he's turned on by that. It's just something about the way he looks at her when they're sparing that is so steamy/sexy it jumps off the screen at you. He's always been the one who initiates with Teyla- all the other bimbos have come onto him, including Chaya and I guess he's enough of a guy not to pass up a freebee, but when it comes to what he prefers, it seems to be Athosians who can take care of themselves and him too.

And I also love the fact that she's the only one who calls him on his BS.

Comment

Padme try New Atlantis for really HQ pictures without an obvious tag.

Camy I've just posted a How To for my Underground artwork on the OT thread.

I've always thought Shep sees Teyla as an equal, he seems to automatically assume she'll back him up or take care of other characters just as well as he would. He relies on her as his second out in the field.

Comment

I also see John and Teyla as equals. John doesn't turn on the charm to get his own way which I think he does a lot with Elizabeth. Teyla is immune to Johns puppy dog look and I think John likes this. He has probably had his fair share of woman swooning at him and he enjoys the fact it doesn't work on Teyla.

I think that this is what attracts him to her. Her strenght and the fact that she sticks to her opinions is very appealing to John. She doesn't take any BS from John but she trusts and cares enough about him to listen to what he has to say. John in turn is very honest with Teyla and genuinally cares about her opinion and also her opinion of him.

There is a wonderfull honesty and respect for each other between them.
            sigpic

Comment

I don't necessarily think that John likes the fact that he doesn't affect Teyla in the same ways he might affect other females. I think this frustrates him to an extent and also makes him curious. I think he wants to get inside her head and understand her more and learn why she acts the way she does around him. I think this is one of the reasons that John steps so lightly around Teyla because he knows she is different than other females and he doesn't exactly know how to act around her so he tends to watch her so he can learn what exactly is going on inside her head, what makes her tick. This is another reason their relationship is unique. Being from completely different galaxies there is a lot to learn from each other. Customs, beliefs, ways of living, everything needs to be learned! There really isn't any time to sit down and have a heartfelt conversation about it because there is a little enemy called the wraith... so they need to watch each other and learn from each others tendencies. They are beginning to understand each other and know what to expect from each other in different situations. As VB said earlier, this ship is definately not DEAD!! It is anything but! There is still so much to learn about each other, the ship has hardly even begun!

Comment

4PS, love the multicolored banner. Very pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by 4prettierships
                  [B][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]I don't necessarily think that John likes the fact that he doesn't affect Teyla in the same ways he might affect other females. I think this frustrates him to an extent and also makes him curious. I think he wants to get inside her head and understand her more and learn why she acts the way she does around him. I think this is one of the reasons that John steps so lightly around Teyla because he knows she is different than other females and he doesn't exactly know how to act around her so he tends to watch her so he can learn what exactly is going on inside her head, what makes her tick.
                  Gotta disagree with you here.... John is the kind of man who gets bored easily and a woman who jumps when he says jump doesn't seem to interest him. Teyla interests him because she doesn't do that- although at the same time, her respect for him is obvious and men are drawn to women who respect them for who they are and the decisions they make. Though I do agree that part of her charm for him is that she is somewhat of a mystery. Guys LOVE that- John is no exception.

I don't think John walks on eggshells around Teyla, in fact, I'd go so far as to say that she is the only one he's truly himself with. He's certianly not with Weir- with her, he's mister 'BS charmer' because it flatters her ego and it gets him what he wants when he wants it. Teyla sees through that nonsense and I think John is probably glad she does, cause he doesn't have to work or try to manipulate her- he can just be himself.

Love the new banner btw! It's lovely!

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien
                    I also see John and Teyla as equals. John doesn't turn on the charm to get his own way which I think he does a lot with Elizabeth. Teyla is immune to Johns puppy dog look and I think John likes this. He has probably had his fair share of woman swooning at him and he enjoys the fact it doesn't work on Teyla.

I think that this is what attracts him to her. Her strenght and the fact that she sticks to her opinions is very appealing to John. She doesn't take any BS from John but she trusts and cares enough about him to listen to what he has to say. John in turn is very honest with Teyla and genuinally cares about her opinion and also her opinion of him.

There is a wonderfull honesty and respect for each other between them.
                    Excellent point BA- I would have greened you, but it wouldn't let me. I especially agree with your last point and the honesty and respect they have with and for one another. It's why I love them together so much.

Comment

Originally posted by sanssong
                      I don't think John walks on eggshells around Teyla, in fact, I'd go so far as to say that she is the only one he's truly himself with. He's certianly not with Weir- with her, he's mister 'BS charmer' because it flatters her ego and it gets him what he wants when he wants it. Teyla sees through that nonsense and I think John is probably glad she does, cause he doesn't have to work or try to manipulate her- he can just be himself.
                      This is EXACTLY how I see it.
                      sigpic

Comment

AHHHHH! TOO MANY POSTS! It took me an hour to read all of the new ones. Now, to reply. I have only one question about ALL of the new posts. I forgot who said it, so bare with me.

WHO in the WORLD (Atlantis or Earth) said that Thalen's "He cares for you more than you know" was directed to Weir?

That's just dumb. I have many reasons why it was NOT.

1: He was looking at Teyla when he said it.

2: Why in the world would he say that to Weir? It was Teyla he was trying to keep from killing him!

3: He doesn't care for Weir! *Laughs* Just had to add that!

Anyway, my thoughts, and jumbled ones at that. Gotta go now!

(You can use this image, but please, if you use the poem, I wrote it, so please leave a copywrite on it. Thanks!)

Comment

Hey guys....Just wanted to repost article I sort of wrote analyzing the "Death of a 'Ship'" HOpefully it will be seen on the SGA-Newsletter for Live Journal.

Death of Ship

Of course you can post your thoughts.

VB
                          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel007
                            AHHHHH! TOO MANY POSTS! It took me an hour to read all of the new ones. Now, to reply. I have only one question about ALL of the new posts. I forgot who said it, so bare with me.

WHO in the WORLD (Atlantis or Earth) said that Thalen's "He cares for you more than you know" was directed to Weir?

That's just dumb. I have many reasons why it was NOT.

1: He was looking at Teyla when he said it.

2: Why in the world would he say that to Weir? It was Teyla he was trying to keep from killing him!

3: He doesn't care for Weir! *Laughs* Just had to add that!

Anyway, my thoughts, and jumbled ones at that. Gotta go now!
                            That's a testament of a few posters on another thread! I read it and laughed my head off and then I when I saw more than one person actually believing it...I was so shocked...I had to put that in my commentary about Conversion--when I mentioned TLG. I have never heard such utter nonsense myself. Hence, the reason....I wonder why we're labeled delusional when posts like that don't make people look put together well. Or at the very least blind.

VB
                            Click statement above to read article.

Comment

LOL! I can't believe people said that...much less believed it. *Is dying with laughter* I think it is funny, but I am a little mad, too. *Sigh* Some people will read too far into something and see things that are not there, and will never happen. *Holds up hands* Yep! I'm one of 'em! I just hope T/J happens.

*Crosses fingers*

(You can use this image, but please, if you use the poem, I wrote it, so please leave a copywrite on it. Thanks!)

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
                                Hey guys....Just wanted to repost article I sort of wrote analyzing the "Death of a 'Ship'" HOpefully it will be seen on the SGA-Newsletter for Live Journal.

Death of Ship

Of course you can post your thoughts.

VB
                                Very interesting points Vaberella

I try and not take the shipping aspect too seriously - I'm probably not a very dedicated shipper. I have no problem with people liking all sorts of pairings but far too often it gets a bit out of hand when some shippers will lash out at other pairings because they see them as a threat to their own ship.

Shipping is really in the eye of the beholder but sometimes the most simplist of gestures is turned into something romantic and probably all shipper groups are guilty of this. Again there is nothing wrong with this as we all perceive looks and gestures in a different light.

I like to discuss why I believe my pairing are suited to each other or why I see a romantic spark between them. But I see no reason to call other ships "wrong", or a "dead ship" or lash out at them as being delusional.

I agree with all your analyis about Converision and this is the episode that you could say converted me to to a John/Teyla shipper. I see it exactly as you do. John's inhibitions were lowered by the retrovius drug and he acted out on something that he had always wanted to do. Why kiss Teyla - why not just attack her or act triumphant that he had beaten her - if he had no feelings for her why kiss her. And equally why did Teyla not kick his butt - she was initially shocked but she had plenty of time to react and push him off her, but she didn't. So again for me this was definite evidence that John was attracted to Teyla and the fact that he apologised to her confirms the fact that he was upset that his actions had damaged their friendship.

But as you say he tried to stangle Weir - why?. His frustration with her at times possibly coming to a head. If he had romantic feelings for Elizabeth wouldn't she have been on the top of his list to apologise to - he almost killed her!!.

In TLG John once again tells Teyla that he cares about her more than she knows - this in no way was directed to Weir. This is really trying to manipulate something to fit in with your own ship to the extreme. Saying that Weir/Sheppard have romantic feelings for each other based on the fact that they stand close together, or care about each others well being is not enough for me. I just don't see anything romantic at all between them. To me they have a friendship that I share with many of my colleagues and friends but it is in no way romantic, but if some see their behaviour as having feelings for each other then that is fine - but you cannot seriouly say that they are the only ship and the best etc and that Shep/Teyla is a dead ship because there is just as much (and in MY opinion MORE) evidence to support John and Teyla as being the ship that is very much alive, but each to their own.
                                Last edited by bluealien; 30 May 2006, 02:50 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X