John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
    Somebody already corrected you but... yep... I'm male... so my fanfics tend to go towards whump... with a fluff break every now and then. I'm fond of the phrase.. I'm as feminin as you get out of a straight guy. Nothing wrong with shipping... GL12's like-wise.
    ...and we all love you for this and your fantastic vids...

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers
      Thanks, Sanssong! Although no SGA fics yet; that's still on my to-do list. So far, just the vids.

Edited to add:
      Can someone please tell me the appropriate way to post and credit custom avatars or banners? I have absolutely no talent with fanart, so have not attempted to make my own. But I see people posting their beautiful work online all the time. What is the appropriate way to use them when the pics are not signed by the artist?
      And finally, can someone please tell me how to attach a custom avatar? I didn't see an option to browse for a custom one, just from the standard list. Thanks again!
      Okay... first off... Avatars... you cannot get a custom avatar until you reach somewhere around the neighborhood of 1800 posts... I know... that's alot.

To get banners (AKA, signatures) go to the edit signature list in your user control panel and then use the buttons to put them there. To use an image, you must have a photobucket or imageshack account (both free) and then you click the insert image icon... and then paste the link to the image. Basically, it does the coding for you... does that help... or confuse you?
      Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Comment

Annie... we all love your pics!
          Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Comment

Comment

Annie... we all love your pics!
                thanks Ritter...

Comment

Bye guys...

Comment

Okay... first off... Avatars... you cannot get a custom avatar until you reach somewhere around the neighborhood of 1800 posts... I know... that's alot.

To get banners (AKA, signatures) go to the edit signature list in your user control panel and then use the buttons to put them there. To use an image, you must have a photobucket or imageshack account (both free) and then you click the insert image icon... and then paste the link to the image. Basically, it does the coding for you... does that help... or confuse you?
                    It's actually 2000 posts..could you believe that ditty. Hey LC look, you see great pics of her in the background in Poisoning The Well, but let me see what I can find in S2, so it can have a heavy mix of both for S2/S1, I know I can find some lines, that would be fitting for that J/T vid.

VB
                    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

VB, thanks for the congrats! As for JT love in the womb...well, I admit, one of the names on my list for him is John. :-) But since that's my son's best friend's name, it'll probably be limited to a middle name.

For everyone:

I'll try to come up with another fic challenge for today. I'm trying to write today since it's stormy and my muse adores the rain.

Love all the JT sigs, banners and such that have been posted!

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella

Your not the only one..there are many Super Twins.....let me see. There's me and Sanssong...we see to be the evil ones of the thread---said with total love Suz.

VB
                        Ooooo! I love being an evil Super Twin! That's a perfect description of us VB! Whoo Hoo! Twix rules!

Comment

Poisoning the Well Fic Challenge:

Carson's feelings for Perna and her death have to have been fairly obvious to someone with Teyla's talents of observation.

How did she feel about it? Did his love and loss of Perna make Teyla think of her own life, past and possible future loves and maybe, about how short life is? Did she think about whether it was better to love and lose than to never love at all? Did John have any of these thoughts too? Did Teyla, perhaps, make some cryptic remark to John about loving and losing or did he make one to her?

I know, none of this was onscreen. Take some creative license.

Doesn't have to be a long fic.

Doxy

Comment

Originally posted by Doxymom
                            LC! Hi! Great to see you here too! I've always loved your vids.

:-)

For everyone, here's a list of all the Teyla/John-centric LJs that I've found.

http://community.livejournal.com/stfever/ (Gateworld JT LJ)

http://community.livejournal.com/sga_john_teyla/ (johnandteyla yahoo list LJ)

http://community.livejournal.com/sheppard_teyla/ (STF yahoo list LJ)

http://community.livejournal.com/john_teyla/ (Allisnow's JT LJ **for those who don't know her, she's an excellent writer and says she'll premiere her JT fic on this LJ.)

http://community.livejournal.com/sheyla/ (Unique Bond JT archive's LJ.)

Doxymom (Anna)
                            Thanks, Anna!!
                            Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

LC... you are a most excellent vidder... I was almost in tears about your The Journey... so poetic!!!
                              Wow, thank you so much! Coming from you, that is a definite compliment. Thank you!

Comment

Well, that explains why I couldn't find the browse option for custom avatars. Guess I won't be worrying about that one for a few years! LOL!
                                Thank you so much for letting me know! And thanks for explaining the sig banners to me as well. I'll have to open an account with photobucket or imageshack when I get a chance. But yes, that all makes total sense. Thank you!!

Comment

Working...
                                X