Rodney McKay/Teyla Emmagan Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
    Hehe. If you say so. That 'ship always feels like incest to me. Rodney loves her, and I think he was attracted to her in the beginning, but I really think it's sibling now.
    Ah you see, to me Ronon/Teyla seems more siblingny (not that that's a word). Really, Rodney has a hard time being a sibling to his own sister, let alone someone who's not even family.

Though I don't know. It's possible. Guess I've read too many McWeir fics and seen too many vids to contemplate otherwise. Which is why me shipping McKay/Teyla usually involved Weir angst. (see: my one McKeyla fic)
    *~*

*~*

Spoiler:
    *~*
    sigpic
    *~*
    photo manip by SGKawoosh, based on my crazy dream about the Earth being destroyed and the Asgard, wearing flannel and jeans, saving SG-1. Yah, my dreams are usually that messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by lirenel View Post
      Ah you see, to me Ronon/Teyla seems more siblingny (not that that's a word). Really, Rodney has a hard time being a sibling to his own sister, let alone someone who's not even family.

Though I don't know. It's possible. Guess I've read too many McWeir fics and seen too many vids to contemplate otherwise. Which is why me shipping McKay/Teyla usually involved Weir angst. (see: my one McKeyla fic)
      *nods* I'm beginning to feel that Ronon/Teyla might be either. Some episodes there is sexual tension, but in other episodes they feel like brother and sister.

Comment

Don't want this thread to die. I still love this ship, even if it'll never happen.

But we can always wish!
        *~*

*~*

Spoiler:
        *~*
        sigpic
        *~*
        photo manip by SGKawoosh, based on my crazy dream about the Earth being destroyed and the Asgard, wearing flannel and jeans, saving SG-1. Yah, my dreams are usually that messed up.

Comment

Alright, Thanksgiving is over, which means that the commercial Christmas season in the States has begun. And you know what that means: Christmas challenges.

Or Chanukah/Solstice/whatever else you care to make of it challenges, really.

Rodney + Teyla + winter holiday. Go.
          They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
          Spoiler:
          Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

-laughs so hard guts come flying out cuz McKays A FRIGEN CANADIAN- -and runs off in terrer and never opens thread again-
            That cat up there thats McKays but it looks like my cat Dilly!!!:

Comment

did i miss something?
              sigpic
              Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick View Post
                did i miss something?
                Yeah, the person setting the challenge set it because it's "Thanksgiving in the States"... but McKay isn't FROM the US.

And I, for one, refuse to write anything around something that from the 19th century celebrated the ethnic cleansing of the Native American peoples...

Comment

ahhhhh
                  sigpic
                  Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

But the challenge isn't about Thanksgiving. It's about Christmas or other winter solstice holidays. Canada has its own Thanksgiving in October though.

It's been awhile since I posted in this thread. I really enjoy when these two have a chance to interact. I think tptb have missed out on some great opportunities for more interaction.

I was just watching Aurora and
                    Spoiler:
                    when they were on the ship I just loved it when Teyla bluffed trying to buy Rodney some time while he was in the virtual environment. She was really paying attention to Rodney. At least enough to sound convincing to someone who knew nothing of the particular science.
                    Last edited by SGLAB; 24 November 2006, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lirenel View Post
                      Don't want this thread to die. I still love this ship, even if it'll never happen.

But we can always wish!
                      It would be fun if tptb played with the idea of Mckay and Teyla.
                      Proud member of F.O.R.D.

Thanks *E*K*R*!

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB View Post
                        I was just watching Aurora and
                        Spoiler:
                        when they were on the ship I just loved it when Teyla bluffed trying to buy Rodney some time while he was in the virtual environment. She was really paying attention to Rodney. At least enough to sound convincing to someone who knew nothing of the particular science.
                        Ah, a great scene. I liked how earlier
                        Spoiler:
                        just before Rodney goes into the stasis pod, she asks him, "Are you sure you want to do do this?" And he replies, "I'm sure I don't." So cute!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Let's not forget the scene in Aurora where
                          Spoiler:
                          Teyla convinces Rodney he's too valuable to lose for him to go into the pod.

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
                            Yeah, the person setting the challenge set it because it's "Thanksgiving in the States"... but McKay isn't FROM the US.

And I, for one, refuse to write anything around something that from the 19th century celebrated the ethnic cleansing of the Native American peoples...

Seconding SGLAB's point about it being a Christmas (/Solstice/whatever) challenge and not a Thanksgiving challege.

Back on topic:

Aurora was just a squee-worth ep in general, ship-wise. Rodney and Teyla just had a lot of really cute interaction.

Spoiler:
                            I kind of want to see an Aurora tag where Rodney has heard about Teyla's awesome stalling and goes to thank her. And she's just like, "yeah, well, you owe me," only in a much more Teyla-like fashion. And by "you owe me", she means, "you're taking me out". And shippiness ensues.

"Echoes" (ep 3x12) airs in Canada this week; fingers are crossed for shippy moments within.
                            They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                            Spoiler:
                            Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Whatever it is. I wasn't the one who kicked off to start with, dude.

Comment

Originally posted by starfox View Post
                                Back on topic:

Aurora was just a squee-worth ep in general, ship-wise. Rodney and Teyla just had a lot of really cute interaction.

Spoiler:
                                I kind of want to see an Aurora tag where Rodney has heard about Teyla's awesome stalling and goes to thank her. And she's just like, "yeah, well, you owe me," only in a much more Teyla-like fashion. And by "you owe me", she means, "you're taking me out". And shippiness ensues.
                                Great idea! Oh, if only I could write! I'm not very creative that way.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Working...
                                X