No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awww bless him. He is such a sweetie who really cares about his fans which is always so nice to see! There are so many actors who don't really care but so many of the Stargate actors do and David's no exception. He's so kind, sweet, funny and gratious and for him to take the time to write to us and to thank us for our support is just amazing. Every time he does something like this is just cements in my mind the reason why I'm such a fan of his, and I'm sure I will be for a long time to come. He's great!

Luce xxx

Comment

Wow on his thank you to fans. Is so cool of him

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
      While we're on the subject of legos, I distinctly remember there was a discussion about making the city of Atlantis out of legos on its appreciation thread. Now that we have a McKay one I think we need to make the entire set!

Just think: Lego!Shep (complete with palm tree hair) and Lego!Rodney, along with Lego!Ford and Lego!Teyla (with her little sticks, hee!) take the Lego!PJ through the Lego!Stargate (with glowy addresses on the side) to fight the Lego!Wraith (complete with trenchcoats and long facial hair) on some planet.
      At the same time, Lego!Elizabeth (with her tiny necklace), Lego!Zelenka (with glasses!), and Lego!Kav (with ponytail!) must fight off an unknown alien invasion of Lego!Atlantis before the city sinks into the sea! Can they do it in time??!!

...I think it's entirely fitting that my 500th post on GW is about Atlantis legos. It can only go downhill from here, people!
      Wooooooooohoo! 500, good for you and on the thunk thread too .
      And I was the crazy person who wanted to make lego atlantis but ya know the lego's not cheap and I'm moving house so I'm no closer to my target. I was hoping to start by making the control room area first though, scaling is going to be tricky.

As for Lego!Stargate, call me crazy but I was idly pondering that the other day... another tricky one.
      I don't envy anyone who tries to make Lego!Shep - surely that'd have to be custom hair Not to mention the difficulty of doing the wraith, any of them.

Comment

Aw, I hate that I had my first day of work today! I missed out on so many posts! It was like, three pages since last night!

in circles: I love the lego!Rodney! <squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!> I must say, the expression is SPOT ON! Bravo and kudos to you!

purpleyin: Wow, lego!Atlantis, that's...ambitious. (green jello to whoever can guess what ep I'm quoting from! Or the situation/discussion, whatever...)

Gate Trippin' and Jen: Jen--thanks for the link! GT--I totally think that he lurks here after that thank you note! Snarkastic! <squeeeeeeeee! again> Who was it who coined that particular term? Green jello for you! (And as a general question, since I have no clue...what is an inflatable Dalek???)

ToasterOnFire: Congrats on 500! That's awesome, and I shall give you green jello for it as soon as I'm able.

watcher: Excellent caps, as always!

McKay's Girl: Love the new sig! Although I think I misunderstood at first, and was thinking you were meaning to hypnotize DH, and put him under your control!

strivaria: Ha! Love the donut pic, it's going in my collection!

not so ancient: I'm so sorry to hear about that! I'm not sure how much good it'll do, but here's the teapot caps again, to help you on your way to recovery!

teapot 1
        teapot 2

Okay....I think that about covers it...

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
        McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
        Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
        McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

Originally posted by Jen
          For everyone who contributed to Davids birthday present, David has written a personal 'thank you'.

It can be read HERE
          That's so sweet. Now I feel really bad that I missed the birthday card deadline this year.

And he gave his Dalek a Red Dwarf name! Too funny!

Professional actor that he is, he managed to overcome his good feelings about the cards and gifts to be the "mean and snarkastic" Rodney we all love.

For those who missed the birthday bandwagon, I feel this would be a good time to remind folks that David's charity of choice is Doctors Without Borders. Thanks to strivaria for finding this out for us.

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

I missed out on the Birthday card deadline too and the dalek thingie but I did donate to Doctors Without Borders. It really is a worthwhile cause!

Luce xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Porthos1013
              Snarkastic! <squeeeeeeeee! again> Who was it who coined that particular term?
              Why it was David himself who used it in this recent interview.

And as a general question, since I have no clue...what is an inflatable Dalek???
              A Dalek is one of the big bads in one of David's favorite childhood television shows, Doctor Who. Known for their battle cry of "Exterminate! Exterminate!"

An inflatable Dalek is a 4 ft high representation of these would be invaders.

My kind of guy:
              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

(And as a general question, since I have no clue...what is an inflatable Dalek???)
                Surely nearly everyone knows Daleks? Doctor Who is classic tv, I had nightmares about Daleks as a child... but it's all good fun.
                Originally posted by watcher652
                An inflatable Dalek is a 4 ft high representation of these would be invaders.
                4ft? Eep, tall enough to intimidate me. Yes, I'm still scared of Daleks. I did have a cool poster for a few months but one morning I woke up to it and got creeped out randomly.

All David needs now (next year perhaps) is an inflatable TARDIS to go with the dalek. Can you get them at all? I have this odd imagine of an inflatible full size TARDIS you can step inside... If they exist I'm just gonig to have to buy one to have in my student house.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
                  That's soo flippin' awesome! Did you make the black vest yourself?? I also like his arrogant expression and that he's wearing his spiffy new dark blue uniform. It is so wrong to thunk over a lego man but I can't help it *sigh*
                  Nicked the vest off another of my figures. Might have to make a Sheppard figure now so they can sit and argue on my window sill.

Those inflatable Daleks are awesome. Been thinking of getting one myself but toys are slowly taking over my room.

Comment

Bwah! I sent in a birthday wish this year. *trembles* Now he is aware of my existence. I can practically hear the restraining order now!

"I'm not crazy because I take the right pills every day" - Jimmy Eat World
                    "If I ventured in the slip stream/between the viaducts of your dreams ... could you find me? ... Ain't nothing but a stranger in this world" - Van Morrison
                    "It's a feelin'/In your heart, in your soul/In your being, yeah/It's a beautiful obsession" - Van Morrison

Comment

My Atlantis Rising DVD finally came today! There wasn't a whole lot to pick from in the extras portion, but here are a couple of caps...

See the Clips | IMDB site | Official Site
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Proud Rodney McKay Thunker | Proud Jayne Cobb Thunker | Keeper of the M.A.L.P.-on-a-Stick

Comment

awwwwwwww. Lookit that smile! *smiles too*

"I'm not crazy because I take the right pills every day" - Jimmy Eat World
                        "If I ventured in the slip stream/between the viaducts of your dreams ... could you find me? ... Ain't nothing but a stranger in this world" - Van Morrison
                        "It's a feelin'/In your heart, in your soul/In your being, yeah/It's a beautiful obsession" - Van Morrison

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                          All David needs now (next year perhaps) is an inflatable TARDIS to go with the dalek. Can you get them at all? I have this odd imagine of an inflatible full size TARDIS you can step inside.
                          I'm not one for making costumes. No creativity in these bones. But for years I have harbored this dream of making myself a Tardis costume for the costume contest at a fan run convention I attend. I'd use something like the box a refrigerator is packed in and paint it up blue. It would have braces on the inside that I could set on my shoulders so I could move it on and off the stage. Of course it couldn't be full sized, I could never manage to move it around. It's the flashing light at the top that's stopping me.

"Wait a minute! I'm all for creativity, but that just sounds to me like a recipe for disaster! You obviously need the help of a genius."

My kind of guy:

Comment

Great News on Davids birthday present front!!! Knew David would come through!

Tracker!!! Thanks for the caps they are amazing!!!

I only managed to do one cap from Volume 4 atlantis DVD last night before the computer crashed...

Whoops

David Hewlett is my 'happy place' SQUEEEEE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                              I'm not one for making costumes. No creativity in these bones. But for years I have harbored this dream of making myself a Tardis costume for the costume contest at a fan run convention I attend. I'd use something like the box a refrigerator is packed in and paint it up blue. It would have braces on the inside that I could set on my shoulders so I could move it on and off the stage. Of course it couldn't be full sized, I could never manage to move it around. It's the flashing light at the top that's stopping me.
                              I remember a street carnivale when I as younger, someone dressed up as a dalek (wheelybin of some description invovled naturally), unfortuntely the carnival was downhill, literally...

The Tardis doesn't sound too difficult to me, couldn't you make your head be the flashing light? Some xmas lights or something maybe.

Oh and have you guys seen that new sneak peak? It has a cute bit of David talking (very very briefly) and looking all smiley.

http://www.pegasusgalaxy.com/
                              Last edited by Purpleyin; 14 June 2005, 02:14 AM.

Comment

McKay's Girl: Love the new sig! Although I think I misunderstood at first, and was thinking you were meaning to hypnotize DH, and put him under your control!
                                That wouldnt be a bad idea...

sigpic
                                Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                                Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Working...
                                X