Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cindyz View Post
    A--- no one will be mocking you. Just think of it like this...just another way for all us here to communicate with each other.
    Will look at it that way. Thank you so much for the kind words! *hugs*
    .and a truly waste of a movie...Boa vs Python! only in it for the obvious now! Plot is El Stinko.**
    Watched it just one time yet because it's so hard to bear. But DH is the hotness in this film!

Mallozzi updated again, he posted some nice pics from the set )no DH though) and he answered a few questions I also had but never dared to ask, and now other people asked them and he answered - great, not?

For example, I wondered who made all the
    Spoiler:
    different and damn cool paintings of Rodney in his village
    in "The Game".

And I also always wanted to thank the people who make all the great graphics and animations we can see on the computer screens during an ep and which we barley notice as they're just in the background. But without them the screens would be blank! And Rodney would have nothing to point at and present to a bored thrilled audience. So I'm glad someone thanked the people of that department now.

Since "The game" was on TV in the US on Friday - did you all spot our lovely fellow thunker Strivaria (ETA: ...who just posted here *waves*) in that ep? I still think that it's damn cool that she had that walk-on role! She worked with DH!!!

I finally found my clone, so I'm really off to bed now. Night!

Bye, A.
    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
      You just knew somebody was going to do this after David introduced us to Twitter.
      Does it say anything about me that I found the person who's writing this is also posting it here, too?

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Ohhh I love the Pics of DH...
        Hubba Hubba

In the ep.... All those
        Spoiler:
        Pictures of Rodney were to weird.... Love the one where he is standing with his hands on his hips and behind him there is a picture of him

By Kidwizz

By JessM

Comment

I love how there's such a handsome painting of him in the background.

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
          BTW - The man right in the background here is "Mr Don Loughman-in-law"

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s3...5_32.jpg.shtml
          There he is! I've been looking for him ever since I heard he was in the episode... but I've managed to miss it every time. *Headdesk*

As for the myspace/twitter thing... I caved and joined myspace but I probably won't be getting a twitter. It's too much! O_o I never got a digg account either.

BY THE BY... a lil clip of David as Larry Tolson in Sanctuary has been released!
          Last edited by Vikitty; 12 May 2007, 06:31 PM.

San Diego Comic Con 2007 Attendee
          San Diego Comic Con 2008 Attendee

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
            Since "The game" was on TV in the US on Friday - did you all spot our lovely fellow thunker Strivaria (ETA: ...who just posted here *waves*) in that ep? I still think that it's damn cool that she had that walk-on role! She worked with DH!!!
            If one missed her, what scene would one look at?

Comment

More "Attack of the Show" stuff: Zach gives a little interview about his time on Atlantis.
              Now, we just need to get David on Zach's show.

BTW, here are the current stats for David's rap. Notice there are now folks who clicked over from G4. SciFi and MGM should give David a bonus for all the extra advertising he's getting in for Atlantis.

Views: 28,365 |Comments: 200 |Favorited: 475 times
              Honors: 2 | Links: 5
              Sites Linking to This Video:
              1888 clicks from http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/index.php?option=...
              841 clicks from http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/index.php?option=...
              395 clicks from http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/675316/AOTS_Za...
              233 clicks from http://www.chevron26.com/news/index.php
              141 clicks from http://www.david-hewlett.co.uk/DHNews.htm

Honors for This Video:
              #75 - Top Rated (This Month) - Entertainment - All
              #61 - Top Favorites (This Month) - Entertainment - All

And here are the stats for the apology.

Views: 9,469 |Comments: 97 |Favorited: 140 times
              Honors: 4 | Links: 5
              Sites Linking to This Video:
              962 clicks from http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/index.php?option=...
              448 clicks from http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/index.php?option=...
              63 clicks from http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/index.php?option=...
              32 clicks from http://lj-toys.com/?journalid=10932476&moduleid=...
              32 clicks from http://lj-toys.com/?journalid=10932476&moduleid=...

Honors for This Video:
              #46 - Top Rated (This Week) - Entertainment - All
              #58 - Most Discussed (This Week) - Entertainment - All
              #20 - Top Favorites (This Week) - Entertainment - All
              #18 - Top Favorites (This Week) - Entertainment - English

I just checked David's standing on the Blogger's Choice Awards. He's currently #4 with 149 votes. Only 149? The number one site has 370. The fans are seriously slacking here. Unlike YouTube where I can watch a vid multiple times, I can only vote once here.

And, crap, I can't see the Sanctuary video. I can hear it, but no picture online. I downloaded the hi-res file and I can see the picture, but there's no sound! I downloaded the lo-res file and that seems to be ok. Bizarre. I'm missing some Quicktime something and I don't know what to do about it since it tried to auto-update and it couldn't find what it was looking for. It's missing the required compressor, whatever that is.

Wow, Larry Tolson is like some psycho Grant Jansky.

Originally posted by LogicSequence View Post
              In "The Game", Strivaria is
              Spoiler:
              one of the natives of Rodney's planet. You see her when they first visit the planet. It's after the scene with the telescope. You can see the back of her to the right of Rodney

My kind of guy:
              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

I believe Damian Kindler called Tolson "McKay's evil twin." Hrm.

Comment

Watcher pointed out the first time you can see me. The second time is when
                  Spoiler:
                  Nola, Rodney's village's leader, come up to him and tells him he's the Oracle. I'm standing behind her in the background:

Also, since GW has the offical pictures up, here's one of the unofficial ones from my walk-on (and since David is in the background, it's not even all that off topic):

Spoiler:

Comment

Twitter Update:

"A Dog's Breakfast Interview shoot is done! Now...lines for next week...
                    Spoiler:
                    The Seer, Reunion Mortal Coil...
                    it's homework time!"

Werking late on a satuhday niiiite!

@Strivaria" Coolness! How'd you get the walk-on? Forgive me for re-hashing already asked questions .
                    Last edited by LogicSequence; 12 May 2007, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Wow, I didn´t want to watch Sanctuary, or not immediately but David is great! I think I saw here somewhere reaction of some director or who, that David was "amazing". We know, so give him a chance to prove it!
                      I am in fighting mood today.

Lucky Strivaria. I want to live in Vancouver. Going to OT again...:
                      Spoiler:
                      Hell, I even can´t go there bc everything is so damn expensive. One would say that today, when is traveling so easy, would be flight tickets cheaper, but no. I think I have to wait for return to work.
                      I don´t know what crazy idea it was to return to school. I moved back to parents and it was mistake. Three adult people in small apartment with differnet stereotypes,it is almost deadly

I know, this one´s here already but I just fell for him...again...can I change my clone?

OK, going back to Philosophy now-exam tomorrow.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Twitter Update:

""Scissor Sisters" and "Lilly Allen" downloaded from iTunes under duress...think I might not be cool."

Aw Dave, you'll always be cool to us!
                        But Alternative Glam Rock?? I sense Jane is pulling your strings! Er... or your... Nevermind *gutter* *runs*
                        Scissor Sisters - cool
                        Lilly Allen - *sticks fingers down throat*

Some Tao shots because i'm cool and have HD.

Spoiler for size:
                        Spoiler:

More later??
                        Definately more later!! Love his face in the second one

So he eats a sandwich, a banana, grapes, possibly jello, and he drinks water in this pic. Then he ate powerbars sometimes, coffee, more jello and sandwiches, and a donut and some other sort of pastry (in Trinity), and I've seen him eating salad already, too.

And they say he's overweight, eats too much and almost constantly. Yeah, right...

Sorry, but this nonsense is such a pet peeve of mine...

Bye, A.
                        Argh, don't get me started on that! I hate the way they
                        Spoiler:
                        talk behind his back saying he's feeding his unhappiness - if they think he's unhappy and they're really friends, they would have gone and spoken to him - ask if he was alright.

[/minirant]

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                        BTW - The man right in the background here is "Mr Don Loughman-in-law"

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s3...5_32.jpg.shtml
                        Oh wow, thanks fro pointing that out - i'd completely forgotten that!

Originally posted by strivaria View Post
                        Yep... BvP is a 'bad movie, gorgeous guy' flick. These are some of the best parts:

spoiled for size:
                        Spoiler:
                        http://home.earthlink.net/~miriade/images/PDVD_007.jpg
                        http://home.earthlink.net/~miriade/images/PDVD_123.jpg
                        SQUEEE for tummy peekage in that last one!

Spoiler:
                        Nola, Rodney's village's leader, come up to him and tells him he's the Oracle. I'm standing behind her in the background:

Also, since GW has the offical pictures up, here's one of the unofficial ones from my walk-on (and since David is in the background, it's not even all that off topic):

Spoiler:
                        I bow at your feet!!

You lucky lucky......

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                        And this is just...perfect...I think I finally chose my clone
                        Spoiler:
                        I know, this one´s here already but I just fell for him...again...can I change my clone?
                        http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...tka/314_11.jpg
                        They're both good choices, but y'know, you're clone can have more than one look - mine tends to be a bit scruffy (a la ToR)
                        Spoiler:

but he also gives the sweetest little smiles (a la M&MM)
                        Spoiler:
                        Last edited by Squonk; 13 May 2007, 04:02 AM.
                        The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Originally posted by Vikitty View Post
                          As for the myspace/twitter thing... I caved and joined myspace but I probably won't be getting a twitter. It's too much! O_o I never got a digg account either.
                          Other way round here, twitter but not myspace. No digg either.

More "Attack of the Show" stuff: Zach gives a little interview about his time on Atlantis.
                          Now, we just need to get David on Zach's show.
                          Oh cool, thanks for the link! Hehe, yes, I hope DH will visit Zach's show now!
                          Wonder whom Zach meant when he said that they had fun in Vancouver after they wrapped for the day. I bet David was among the people he hang out with that evening!
                          Notice there are now folks who clicked over from G4. SciFi and MGM should give David a bonus for all the extra advertising he's getting in for Atlantis.
                          He's definitely doing a lot for the show that way in the advertisement department! He knows how to make use of the fan's general support, and since he also likes to deal with the fans (at least I have that impression) it's obviously no problem for him to come up with new and geeky ways of advertising (him, ADB, SGA and whatever else, it's all combined I think ). Flanigan is the one who mainly works behind the scenes of Atlantis as he has influence on the scripts and brings in new ideas. Hewlett is the one who mainly works on the publicity front.

BY THE BY... a lil clip of David as Larry Tolson in Sanctuary has been released!
                          My, I completely forgot about Sanctuary! Thanks for the link!

Originally posted by watcher
                          I'm missing some Quicktime something and I don't know what to do about it [...]
                          I was able to watch the clip on my powerbook as that's the only computer where I have quicktime. Luckily it worked. Quicktime is often problematic for me.

And what can I say about the clip? It's not even two minutes long, but David Hewlett's great acting performance blew me away once more. Wow, that was impressing! He has such a presence, he's so convincing - simply awesome.
                          Wow, I didn´t want to watch Sanctuary, or not immediately but David is great!
                          Also didn't want to watch Sanctuary so soon, but as you said, the Hewlett seems to be great in it.
                          Originally posted by Vikitty View Post
                          I believe Damian Kindler called Tolson "McKay's evil twin." Hrm.
                          That I believe in a second!

Also, since GW has the offical pictures up, here's one of the unofficial ones from my walk-on (and since David is in the background, it's not even all that off topic)
                          Saw them on your LJ, was happy that you could post themnow. Great pics! And very envy-inducing once again.

Twitter Update:
                          "A Dog's Breakfast Interview shoot is done! Now...lines for next week...
                          Spoiler:
                          The Seer, Reunion Mortal Coil...
                          it's homework time!"
                          Ah, poor guy always has to memorise so many lines! Goodbye Sunday, one could say.
                          No need to, your clone is flexible. *g*
                          OK, going back to Philosophy now-exam tomorrow.
                          Good luck!
                          Originally posted by Squonk View Post
                          Scissor Sisters - cool
                          Lilly Allen - *sticks fingers down throat*
                          Ditto!
                          Argh, don't get me started on that! I hate the way they
                          Spoiler:
                          talk behind his back saying he's feeding his unhappiness - if they think he's unhappy and they're really friends, they would have gone and spoken to him - ask if he was alright.
                          [/minirant]
                          Exactly. Still annoyed because of that.
                          Spoiler:
                          Nothing wrong with talking about a friend in general even if he isn't around, everyone does that, but the question is how you do it. And in this case he was around (oddly enough not sitting with them), and when I state that a friend might be unhappy, shouldn't I ask myself why that is the case and how I can help? Ah well... TV.

you're clone can have more than one look - mine tends to be a bit scruffy (a la ToR) but he also gives the sweetest little smiles (a la M&MM)
                          Aww! Mine is called 'Dreamy' because he often looks at me with that wonderful soft expression his face... *sighs happily*

Bye, A., off because of some mother's day duties

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                            That's beyond awesome! How'd you get the role?

My, I completely forgot about Sanctuary! Thanks for the link!

I was able to watch the clip on my powerbook as that's the only computer where I have quicktime. Luckily it worked. Quicktime is often problematic for me.
                            No problem! *loves spreading the DH love*

And I dislike QT very muchly. I can only watch it online because the downloaded clip doesn't work for me.

Comment

DH added a short bio on his twitter page:

David Hewlett - Actor-Nerd Writer-Nerd Director-Nerd All round Geek

Bye, A.

Comment

What a cute bio. I like a man who's proud of his geekiness and nerdiness.

Comment

Working...
                                X