No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure that McKay will be a great addition to the Atlantis team, and I hope that David Hewlett is able to show what an awsome actor he is.

I'm new..yay! I haven't really watched SG-1 but I am totally looking foreword to Atlantis.

I saw Pin not too long ago, I thought it was a weird movie but David Hewlett was great in it, as always! It was just weird seeing him so young!
    As for David Hewlett movies Ive seen Treed Murray, Cube, Elevated, Century Hotel and Pin.

Cant wait till Atlantis!
    I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

Welcome, April_Flower75! Yes, GateWorld recently ran a poll regarding which character fans were most looking forward to seeing develop. McKay won by a landslide, not just because he's the only character we've seen, but because he's so popular - and so darn cool

Comment

Originally posted by nugglebugget
        Diplomacy is definitly not one of his stong points .It could make for some interesting "let's-negotiate-while-we-have-a-nice-feast-in-the-stangers-honor" sequences.Sorta like a typical holiday get-together,and there's always that one relative that "discretion" is a very "fuzzy" concept to them .
        Mckay - as a diplomat? Oh, too funny!!!!!!!! He's not really a people person like that, and Daniel could easily negotiate around him. While he's endearin gin his own warped way, he would not be the person I'd send in as a diplomat. Ditto with Jack as one. Jack sometimes speaks his mind too clearly, which can be detrimental.

But I like McKay being on Atlantis - just hope they don't turn him into a comic foil.
        Last edited by David; 03 July 2004, 05:17 PM.

Comment

I think we all hope that McKay won't be solely used as the comic relief.
          I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

Comment

I've loved this guy since day one, he is so arrogant and self absorbed, or was until he met Sam. And he is so cute, I think the character is strong enough.,Maybe he will really be the smartest one now. he is a cutie too!! Did I mention that I think he's kinda cute?

Comment

Originally posted by Roatbaum
              Maybe he will really be the smartest one now. he is a cutie too!! Did I mention that I think he's kinda cute?
              No, you didn't. D'you think he's cute? I sure do. I actually didn't find him particularly attractive-looking until I saw Hewlett in Boa vs. Python (of all the stupid things). He was looking quite buff there, and it opened my eyes to a greater level of appreciation once I started checking out all the Mckay/Atlantis stuff. Like I've been saying, he's the hotness of the A-team, and he's got brains to boot. And now that he's away from the Sam is Perfect, Sam Can Do No Wrong, Sam is the Smartest Human on Earth thing, maybe he'll be allowed to be... well, maybe not perfect, and certainly never wrong, but at least allowed to do things RIGHT once in a while and prove that he has brains to match his good looks... and maybe even brains to equal or surpass Sam.

Comment

Should be fun finding out RM/DH's capabilities anyway,IMO !

I haven't seen Boa Vs Python as yet,but hopefully I'll get the chance soon,to check out his "Buffness".
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                  Should be fun finding out RM/DH's capabilities anyway,IMO !

I haven't seen Boa Vs Python as yet,but hopefully I'll get the chance soon,to check out his "Buffness".
                  Tee hee! His Buffness Dr. Rodney MacKay. I like that.
                  Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                  "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                  One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                  resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                  confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                  A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                  The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Not that I didn't notice the buffness in Boa vs Python, but what I liked the most about David's look in the movie was that his hair had grown longer.

I'm not saying that he doesn't always look handsome, but I prefer the longer hair look. Daniel got away with having longer, non- military hair as a civilian. Wonder if Mc Kay could, too?

Ah, thinking of this has put me back into my Happy Place.
                    "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

Now, see, I absolutely LOATHE long hair on men. Some guys can pull it off, and David's hair in B vs. P looked okay, but generally, I like it short and neat... or spikey.

Comment

OK, I'm not a adult yet but I don't like long hair. I have mine short, and I like to keep it that way. If it get's too long, it starts irritating me!
                        __

__

Comment

So, can I have both of your copies of Boa vs Python, then?
                          "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                            OK, I'm not a adult yet but I don't like long hair. I have mine short, and I like to keep it that way. If it get's too long, it starts irritating me!
                            Tell me about it. I've had long hair at times (and it is getting long-ish now - I need a haircut!) and it's a real pain in the neck (is that a pun?). Getting in my eyes and everything... Gah.
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I personnally like David's hair in that short cut he has in most of his movies, but I would like to see it long in Boa vs. Python, especially if he looks as "buff" as I hear.

I want to see Boa vs Python, obviously just for my D.H, I hear the actual movie is....well......not.....too......good...
                              Seeing as I live in Canada, I haven't seen it, maybe they'll play it on the Space network.

(P.S. I recently taped Cube off the television, saving me $30.00 from buying it, I am giddy with happiness!)

Comment

Originally posted by april_flower75
                                (P.S. I recently taped Cube off the television, saving me $30.00 from buying it, I am giddy with happiness!)
                                $30?? Yikes! I should think you'd be able to buy it off ebay for less than $10...

Comment

Working...
                                X