No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The second story? Which means I've missed one.. maybe.. I think. :: sigh :: Will look those up again once I get home from work. And yes, they are excellent stories.

Comment

Hey! Nice to see you here too....

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
      Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Thanks, Purpleyin.
        Metroids are not pets
        Metroids are not for target practice
        Any unauthorized feeding of metroids is prohibited

Comment

Originally posted by Cassiopeia
          That's really lovely, where did you get it from?

If you manage to work out the intricacies of an Atlantis one I reckon you might have a market for your talents on this thread!!!
          A friend of mine gave it to me for Xmas and she got it from a girl who makes them in the U.K.

I think they are on ebay quite regularly (but she makes only as many as she gets orders for).

Comment

Originally posted by Cassiopeia
            Couldn't agree more. It's as if McKay's trying to keep people at a distance, but he's in a situation which is kinda forcing him to form a bond with those around him. He's probably got more on the line emotionally in Atlantis than he's ever had and he's having to adapt to that and learn how to deal with it. And sometimes that's sending his character in directions he's not comfortable with but as you say the way his character is developing is gradually revealing more of the real man under all the sarcasm. And David Hewlett is doing a stellar job of giving us peeks into all of that.

I wonder if DH is actually thriving on seeing how sarcastic he can make McKay and still keep winning people over with all the under-the-surface stuff!!!

Actually, on that note, it does seem that as the season's progressing, more people are coming out with comments like 'wasn't too impressed/ thought him too sarcastic but now am starting to like him in spite of it/ found myself admiring his performance etc. I reckon even the hardened McKay critics will have to soften to the man sooner or later...

Personally I don't know how anyone can *not* fall in love with him. He can be funny-snarky one second, angry-snarky the next, only to break your heart with a sublte look or gesture.

Seriously, has anybody noticed the number of times he has tears in his eyes??

He's the most reserved, the most prickly, the most distant of characters (when it comes to mixing with the others) and yet he is also the most fragile emotionally, I would say.

It just makes me long for somebody to just go up and give him a hug (preferably ME!)

Comment

I believe the Japanese girl from Letters from Pegasus has a crush on him.

Comment

Hey, I'm on vacation and don't have access to a computer (I'm at an internet cafe right now) so you all are going to have to fend for yourself for screen caps for a while. Sorry!

Yeah, that scientist sure has a thing for McKay. I know how she feels!

My kind of guy:
                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Purpleyin will keep the screen caps coming!

My kind of guy:
                  "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                  Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                  (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by greytop

i think that to after seen that ep all she talk about was mckay and how great he was

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                      Purpleyin will keep the screen caps coming!
                      Er...I will?
                      Um, yes...
                      Here are 10 more, all I can do for today and this page (work to do you see)
                      Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                        Ha! She doesn't stand a chance!

sigpic
                        Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                        Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          I can understand why Allina did what she did. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I understand why she felt that was her only option. I certainly don't hate her for it.
                          So do I bit playing with his emotions like that was cruel, and I really wanted to see how it would play out too...
                          Maybe next season with you-know-who lol! I hope we see more of McKay's soft side thou. I love it when he's like that. And also put him in more death situations, he's so funny when he thinks he's gonna die!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                            So do I bit playing with his emotions like that was cruel, and I really wanted to see how it would play out too...
                            Maybe next season with you-know-who lol! I hope we see more of McKay's soft side. I love it when he's like that. And also put him in more death situations, he's so funny when he thinks he's gonna die!
                            Yeah, I would have liked it if they'd explored the fallout from what happened, his inevitable guilt at revealing that little bit that probably made her sure of her actions.

'You-know-who'? who's that? I don't know who! lol

As for soft side, it is good to see him vulnerable but the snark is great too - he can't lose that. And I'm soo wanting to see this happen after Seige
                            Spoiler:
                            that after the crisis is over he'll be soo exhausted he'll drop to the floor, because he's pushed his body too hard for them all, giving all he's got and it'll make some nice whumping. Sort of to show that he's a hero in it too, not just those who fly off in jumpers etc or die - not a soldier but still a hero!

Comment

By you-know-who I ment his current 'girlfriend'. I didn't wanna post her name incase there are people here who haven't seen 'The Gift'

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                                By you-know-who I ment his current 'girlfriend'. I didn't wanna post her name incase there are people here who haven't seen 'The Gift'
                                Spoiler:
                                but definitely girlfriend in quotation marks for now - sort of not proven even though it's in canon.
                                Kate and Rodney might be good together I suppose, just that for some reason I can see her and Radek or her and Carson being good. But at the very least some misunderstandings about Rodney's little lie might be amusing to see

Comment

Working...
                                X