No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have done my sociology exam, so I celebrated a little. I watched Allies I love this scene, and these two.

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Klenotka; 14 June 2006, 01:22 PM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Red Phoniex
      i have, it wasn't really a commercial, more like a short film. David was brilliant as always. :so hugable:
      hold on, I think this commercial and short film are two seperate things. I could be totally wrong about it though,(apologies if I am ) but I thought there was a short film with David in an elevator, just like you described as a special feature on a dvd of one of David's films, don't remember which one, and I thought it was region specific, which is why I haven't seen it. Again, I could be completely wrong about it.

Another question: Isn't Cult Times only available in the UK? Would love to get my hands on this.

Originally posted by Klenotka
      I have done my sociology exam, so I celebrated a little. I watched Allies I love this scene, and these two.

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/4...lies6626hs.jpg
      Hooray! Hope it wasnt' too hard. That is a great scene!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Klenotka- that pic makes McKay look a little chubby. I think I love him even more!
        sigpic
        Sig by im_meli
        More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

yeah that short film is called "Elevated" i dunno if thats what IMDB is on about or if its something different...

regarding cult times im not sure about it....

Comment

Well, I do live in the U.K. and that is where I bought Cult Times, but it does have prices in US dollars and Canadian dollars on the front too. It has contact details for the USA inside including subscription info, oh, and it also has subscription prices for "Europe and Rest of World" so I suppose you can order it from anywhere, but whether any shops stock it in other countries I don't know (and I'm afraid I don't know where "Gigue in G Major" is!). I don't know if I am allowed to post up any contact details, phone numbers, website addresses or whatever for "Visual Imagination"? So probably safest not to. Anyway, I bet you can easily find the website.
            Last edited by Catsitter; 14 June 2006, 09:03 AM.
            Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

Hello!!

I shall have to nip into town tomorrow lunchtime and get that mag and read the article!!

Originally posted by Klenotka
              I have done my sociology exam, so I celebrated a little.I watched Allies
              Well done! I watched Allies again myself on Sunday - it was only the second time I had watched it and it got me all excited for Season 3!!

One month today folks!

Mx
              sig by SheppyD
              Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
              So he just looks crazy

Comment

Originally posted by pavaneofstars
                hold on, I think this commercial and short film are two seperate things. I could be totally wrong about it though,(apologies if I am )
                No, you're not, you're absolutely right. Like tiggerific said, the short film is called "Elevated", it's a mini-horror film and it's about 20 minutes long. David made it with Vincenzo Natali, and it's a special feature on some "Cypher" DVDs.
                The commercial is really just a commercial, but I don't know what it's about. Someone here had pics from it, maybe watcher or Willow, can't remember who it was right now.

A pic from "Elevated":

Bye, A.
                Last edited by Arlessiar; 14 June 2006, 09:25 AM.
                ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury973
                  Klenotka- that pic makes McKay look a little chubby.
                  I love the understatement in this comment ^. Who ate all the pies?
                  sigpic
                  "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Catsitter
                    I think it is time to delurk and say to anybody who hasn't already bought the July issue of "Cult Times" that you must get it to read the interview with DH and see the gorgeous pictures, including two from the film "A Dog's Breakfast" that he made with his sister and Paul McGillion.
                    I'd love to see that, but sadly I don't get this mag here. Hope someone will put up scans somewhere, I want to read this!!!

The pics from ADB - are they new or the ones we know already?

Will go to the playground again now, to the swing. It's lovely in the evening. Guess we'll have a thunderstorm soon, it's way too hot and sticky. Work wasn't fun today because of that. And it's also very stressful at the moment, because two people are leaving, and all their work must be done by the rest of us.
                    Anyway, not much time for thunking today, will watch football this evening, Germany - Poland.

Bye, A.
                    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Catsitter
                      Well, I do live in the U.K. and that is where I bought Cult Times, but it does have prices in US dollars and Canadian dollars on the front too. It has contact details for the USA inside including subscription info...
                      Thanks Catsitter. I found the website and subscription info. (atrociously expensive *sigh* I'm in the US) Will check at the local bookstores this week for it.

...and I'm afraid I don't know where "Gigue in G Major" is!
                      haha! That is one of the pieces I'm currently working on. It's from Bach's French Suite, no. 5.

Tigger , I got your pm and will respond in a bit.

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                      No, you're not, you're absolutely right. Like tiggerific said, the short film is called "Elevated", it's a mini-horror film and it's about 20 minutes long.
                      Oh, good! I hadn't imagined reading that somewhere (it was probably here! ) Would love to see caps from the commercial if anyone has them.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                        I'd love to see that, but sadly I don't get this mag here. Hope someone will put up scans somewhere, I want to read this!!!
                        If I manage to get it tomorrow I will do that for you!!

Good luck with the footie!! That will be a good even match! We are playing Trinidad and Tobago tomorrow!! If we don't soundly thrash them we might as well give up now and go home!!

Rodney can't believe we only beat Paraguay 1-0 and that was with an own goal (BTW I am having Rodney support England as David was born here - tenuous link I know but there you go!! )

Mx
                        sig by SheppyD
                        Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
                        So he just looks crazy

Comment

Hey all. I have what may be a dumb question. Sorry. I've just gotten into SGA and have seen most all the episodes but have this question still.

Does McKay speak/read/know in any form, Wraith and/or Ancient? I get the impression from a few episodes that he does.

http://bunni2001.livejournal.com
                          Bunni

Comment

hi bunnicula!

RM seems to know a lot about Wraith and can read it. Eps that come to mind are Intruder where
                            Spoiler:
                            he recognizes the virus as wraith after running it through a tanslation program
                            and in Allies and Lost Boys. Weir seems to be the better reader/translator with Ancient, i.e., Epiphany

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

welcoem to the thread bunnicula! *hands over welcome cookies*

Comment

Ivanova- haha, D'oh! Didn't mean it that way. At least not in a slash sort of way.

Hey kids, what is the best way to post pics?
                                sigpic
                                Sig by im_meli
                                More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X