Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arlessiar
    You did, and it was a great game!
    Yeah I just checked out the calling all Australians thread thought someone there would know. I was of course asleep when it happened.

Comment

I think he just said the Xena comment because he was extremely frustrated.
      He knew they had only a limited amount of time and he got fed up with Ronon and Teyla asking so many questions when time was ticking away.

Which makes me wonder, when Sheppard is out of commision, like he so often is, who is the second in command? Teyla? I know this is a bit off topic but I'm curious.
      Last edited by GatetheWay; 12 June 2006, 12:44 PM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
      Spoiler:

Comment

Hello everyone!

How are we all! I am melting in the oppressive heat - am a pasty blond who is better off in cooler climes!!

Re JF - I have seen Thought Crimes as my dear friend is a Sheppite and when we had our marathon day we watched some JF stuff as well! I quite liked it as I like spiritual/supernatural things and of course Joe is very easy on the eye!!

Yes Australia beat Japan (didn't get to see it though) so well done to the Aussies!!

USA got beaten 3-0 and as they are my team at work I am feeling disappointed!

And Arlessiar - we have finally decided to go to Austria and have booked a week in Mayrhofen which is not too far from Innsbruck! So Em will get to dazzle us with her German and hubbie gets the mountains he loves!

Well done pavane for getting another convert!! Be careful though, my friend is now a bigger addict than me and I didn't think that was possible!!

Mx
        sig by SheppyD
        Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
        So he just looks crazy

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
          Well, she is his boss. How would your boss take it if you snpped at them? I'm guessing not well.
          That is a very true point, but what I'm saying is that Rodney's respect for authority track record is not that great. Despite a growing friendship between them, Rodney still openly calls John on his decisions a lot of the time when John is the team leader (granted, John has deserved it quite a few times, but that's for a different thread). His behavior towards Chaya in "Sanctuary" was terrible, and he didn't follow John's orders to knock it off when told. Also,
          Spoiler:
          his behavior in Trinity shows that he once more did not recognize John's authority when John was openly telling him to stop the experiment.

Rodney is also disagreeable with Caldwell at inappropriate times, such as in
          Spoiler:
          The Long Goodbye, when Rodney was making a fuss over who should be in charge and wasting time (I know, the goa'uld thing bothered him still, but when a team member is placed back on active duty, then it's time to let things like that go and respect the evaluation of medical doctors).

All I'm really saying is that, with concerns to women, Rodney is NOT very misogynistic. He didn't have to apologize to Elizabeth, but he did, because she's his boss. But she's also his friend, and that's the point of my original post.
          As for the whole Xena deal; yes, Rodney was frustrated and I agree that there was nothing more to it. But it still irks me. I'll admit that I laughed, but I enjoyed it much more when
          Spoiler:
          Carson told him off for it and Rodney acknowledged that it was a rude comment. That made me much happier.

One more thing. With regards to who's in charge when Sheppard's out of commission, I would agree that Teyla is the most level-headed and calm person to lead the group, and I'd like to see an episode where she takes charge of the team.
          sigpic

Comment

I am sure Arlessiar, Zelenka would be happy today
            Because I am happy, too. If we defeat Ghana we will get from the group. Our boys are great, aren´t they?

I am OT, sorry

tiggerfic: the photo with David and Joe is great. *uttering unidentified sound*

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Oh, we (USA) got our little rears kicked. Where was the heart, boys? I was falling asleep. Anyhoo, yes, I am sure Radek is happy right now. Way to go Australia!

Any other good movies I need to check out? I think I'm gonna watch Treed Murray one more time before I return it. Dave needs to lay off the rock.
              sigpic
              Sig by im_meli
              More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by McKayRocks!
                I am melting in the oppressive heat
                It's pretty hot here, too, so I know exactly how you feel!

And Arlessiar - we have finally decided to go to Austria and have booked a week in Mayrhofen which is not too far from Innsbruck! So Em will get to dazzle us with her German and hubbie gets the mountains he loves!
                Sounds great! Have fun there!

I have a small favour to ask - as you know my harddrive broke, and it seems the damage is more severe than I thought at first. I definitely lost a lot of my SGA stuff. Don't worry, I'm not asking for illegal things here, you know, this *cough* stuff, I know it's forbidden. I just need your help concerning these SciFi specials - I simply don't remember how many were there. Any ideas? There was this lowdown, and something with Friday and something with Behind the Gate, right? And was there something else? Any more specials, any more DH stuff? I'm thankful for everything that comes to your mind, since I'm still trying to figure out how much I lost, and it annoys me to no end that I can't remember everything that was on this hard drive.

*sigh* Seems I'll be using my PB much more often in the future while I rebuild my PC.

Sorry for the OT,
                Bye, A.

ETA Found a way to access my files, so no need for this anymore! See post #12806. Thanks to you anyway, pavane!!!
                Last edited by Arlessiar; 12 June 2006, 09:28 PM.
                ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Hehe, good work. And, did she like or
                  hate McKay?
                  Originally posted by McKayRocks!
                  Well done pavane for getting another convert!!
                  Thanks! We only watched 2 eps - Rising and Hide and Seek - so not really sure if she likes McKay one way or the other. Though she did seem concerned about how Rodney would get the shield off when it seemed to be permanently on.

I'm trying to rack my brain about the scifi specials. I'm afraid I won't be much help, but it seems there were at least 3 of them. Unfortunately, I didn't record any of them when they aired, except the one right before season 2 and then accidently recorded over it. Doh! I'm sorry you lost so much *hugs*

If I could I would send some of our beautifully cool weather to you Mx and Arlessiar. It is unseasonably cool here for June but very pleasant. Weather has gone wacky.

And now I am curious about Thought Crimes so it is saved in my netflix que but it has an unknown release date (according to Netflix) here in the US; same with Century Hotel. Oh, well.
                  Last edited by pavaneofstars; 12 June 2006, 04:53 PM.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to say hi, and that I'm back. Sorry to have been quiet for so long. RL sort of jumped and bit me in the...well, I'm sure you get the picture. But graduations are almost all over, (I had 4 to go to this year!!!) trips are done and housesitting (my side job) has finally calmed down for at least a couple of weeks. So I'm free to thunk our favourite guy for awhile.

I've posted this pic before, but it's one of my faves.

Comment

Just dropping by for two things. First:

Welcome back KOSHI!!!

Second:
                      Originally posted by pavaneofstars
                      I'm trying to rack my brain about the scifi specials.
                      I thanks you so much for this! But I have good news:

My boyfriend the geek god has found a way to retrieve my files! So even if I have to think about formatting my harddrive I can at least save the most important stuff beforehand! Oh how I love him! I'm so damn happy! Will spend the whole evening saving files.
                      I wanted to thank you all for your support and your help, you guys are great! *hugs you all*

And now enough about my computer!
                      Will thunk in a few hours, see you all then!

Bye, a happy A.
                      ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                      ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Somebody asked for the soccer bit in "And Never Let Her Go". Because David is moving and jumping with the ball, I can't really make a proper cap. The ball isn't very visible. There's a child on a swing the that obscures some of the scene. I think our minds just fill in the blanks.

But here are a couple of caps from the movie.

My kind of guy:
                        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

My boyfriend the geek god has found a way to retrieve my files! So even if I have to think about formatting my harddrive I can at least save the most important stuff beforehand! Oh how I love him! I'm so damn happy! Will spend the whole evening saving files.
                          I wanted to thank you all for your support and your help, you guys are great! *hugs you all*

Rodney: Arlessiar managed to retrieve all her files of ME?! Well this calls for a celebration! Cake all round!

sigpic
                          Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                          Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Yay!!! For the yummy cake and...Yay!!! For Arlessiar's boyfriend.

Comment

yay good to hear your news Arlessiar! so your b'f is a geek god...his name isnt david is it?

Comment

BTW have you guys seen the stargate SG1 promos they have released? if theses are anything to go by we are gonna *REALLY* like the atlantis ones when they release more! when tho when?!?!?!?! *paces the room waiting*

Comment

Working...
                                X