Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Purpleyin
    So many lovely pics and I find I can't give out any green for them because I've given you guys so much lately. I'd contribute something myself (I've been in a total graphics making mood this weekend) but it's my last day writing my dissertation and I'm trying to work up to my final version to print out tonight (getting it bound and handing it in tomorrow - meep!).
    Good luck with your dissertation and to aid the process have a pic!!

Hope it is not too distracting!

Giving green drives me nuts - I only go on a few select threads so I mostly only green the same group of posters and it always wants me to spread it around!! I have but it still won't let me green some people so if you don't get some from me it's not for want of trying!

Mx
    sig by SheppyD
    Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
    So he just looks crazy

Comment

SciFi is going to have Stargate Atlantis Mondays during the month of May. Since they're going to show Intruder first, I thought I'd jump the gun and watch it now since I don't have many caps from the episode.

There's a scene in the episode where Rodney is shocked by something. I didn't notice this the first time I watched it, because I was watching it with a group of friends on a smallish tv. But capping it made me really pay attention. David is simply wonderful in the scene. His lower lip quivers and it looks like he has tears forming in his eyes. My heart really went out for him.

These caps don't do the scene any justice, but those who have seen the episode will know what this is about. You really need to watch this again if, like me, you missed the subtle performance the first time.

David is just amazing.

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
        SciFi is going to have Stargate Atlantis Mondays during the month of May. Since they're going to show Intruder first, I thought I'd jump the gun and watch it now since I don't have many caps from the episode.

There's a scene in the episode where Rodney is shocked by something. I didn't notice this the first time I watched it, because I was watching it with a group of friends on a smallish tv. But capping it made me really pay attention. David is simply wonderful in the scene. His lower lip quivers and it looks like he has tears forming in his eyes. My heart really went out for him.

David is just amazing.
        You know watcher the first time I watched this I thought it was an ok ep but nothing special - but each time I have seen it I have taken to it more and more and now it is is my top ten eps list!!! You are so right about that seen where he is watching
        Spoiler:
        Lindstrom being sucked out of the airlock
        It is so powerful and stunning I am simply capitivated by it and that is one of the scenes that really made me change my mind about this ep.

A nice tag to this ep is Airlock by the wonderful nebbyjen who writes lots of whump fic (my fave! ) but this is for anyone!

Mx
        sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Hey all,

Happy belated birthday to Tracker (oops!)

Congratulations to Arlessiar on new job

WELCOME TO THE THREAD KOSHI.

And for everyone else that I missed out, happy birthday, congratulations, good luck etc. Sorry but I'm just getting lost in details of the ongoings.

As Watcher pointed out, the Intruder scene was a good one. Speaking personally, I do tend to miss many things when I watch an episode, mostly because I think I am too excited at just the thought of watching it. However I did re-watch Intruder not too long ago so I know exactly what you mean.

Talking about re-watching old eps, here's one from Brotherhood:

I like it because it made me laugh - the snark between Rodney and John.

And a favourite moment of mine from Trinity, when he's explaining to Elizabeth and Caldwell (and snarking on the side with John)...

All from me for now.

Take care,
          Alex

PS Arlessiar, love that young David pic - hmm, lucky Skein for getting the DVD!

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
            I am not sure whether to get the new DVD or not, what did TJ say was on it exactly? Do you know of a link to the actually DVD info?
            Sorry, I only have a link to a German description of the contents of the R2 versions, that won't help you much. And TJ just wrote about this PM profile, nothing else. Maybe you'll find an English description for the R4 somewhere on the net?
            Wow I wondered if there was one of him and I did stop it and try and see but my eye sight or the source material wasn't up to the challenge and I saw nothing... this is funny. Do you think the very young boy on the horse is David too?
            You even looked for it but didn't see it? Hehe, yes, that's really funny! I missed it completely, didn't even think of it.
            Like you I also wondered if one of the other small pics shows David too. I look at it and look at it, but I'm still not sure. Could be though.

Concerning *this ep*:
            Spoiler:
            I would so love to see some 'Rodney and Jeanie' --> 'little David and Kate' pics in this ep! This would be really great!

Alex - glad you like the young DH pic! Yes, lucky Skein!
            Oh, and thanks so much for the congrats on the job, love!

Wow, that is one yummy DT sig you have there, I like him with a beard. Haven't seen Doctor Who yet, but with you and Rose posting pics of DT I see him very often, and he looks really good!

Mx - seems your computer chose the perfect time to go bonkers, you missed nothing but pure and boring WSOD.
            I'm glad your computer works again now.

Purpleyin - yes, you greened a lot, thanks so much for the green I got!
            And wow, you're done with your dissertation, congrats! Yes, the last day is awful, suddenly there's so much left to do but no time left... It was similar with my MA thesis, I was so nervous, I wanted to read it through once again, and I still had to print it and bind it and then the printer went bonkers and... but in the end everything was fine. I should stop making you nervous! So good luck! I'm really happy for you!
            Originally posted by McKayrocks
            I only go on a few select threads so I mostly only green the same group of posters and it always wants me to spread it around!!
            I know that problem. Here's a tip: Give welcome green on the "Welcome new members" thread, after that you can green the people in your few regular threads again (but don't forget, only 10 green a day).
            Originally posted by watcher652
            I so know what you mean, his acting in this scene is really suberb and very, very believable.
            David is just amazing.
            Hell yes!!!

Gotta go now. Ha, it's a wonderful sunny day today, t-shirt weather, finally! Screams for a t-shirt pic:

See you later,
            Bye, A.
            ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
            ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by McKayRocks!
              Giving green drives me nuts - I only go on a few select threads so I mostly only green the same group of posters and it always wants me to spread it around!! I have but it still won't let me green some people so if you don't get some from me it's not for want of trying!
              Heehee, "select threads" this one and the whump?

I think that is Darren's evil plan to get people to post in many and varied threads, a way around it is to just go on a random greening spree on a couple of threads you never normally go to. You know 'red' also counts as "spreading the love" *Hey* I didn't make the rules.

When did I start thunking him with guns.
              Purpleyin Good Luck *again*
              Alex Hi *again*
              Arlessiar You seriously need to see the new Dr Who!
              watcher I gave you more feedback. Don't shoot me!

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                I know that problem. Here's a tip: Give welcome green on the "Welcome new members" thread, after that you can green the people in your few regular threads again (but don't forget, only 10 green a day).
                Thanks for that - that's a really good idea.

Gotta go now. Ha, it's a wonderful sunny day today, t-shirt weather, finally!
                It's pouring down here so nice to see a sunny tee-shirt pic to bring the sunshine to rainy old Essex!!!

Mx
                sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Heehee, "select threads" this one and the whump?
                  Well I do go on the Shep whump too!

I think these threads are so high quality they count as select don't you! It's too scary to go 'out there' into some of the other threads and with a nickname like mine well - people often have formed an opinion of you before they read your post!!!

Best stick to where I am understood and feel 'normal'

Mx
                  sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Well I do go on the Shep whump too!
                    Oh I know I do lurk everywhere.
                    It's too scary to go 'out there' into some of the other threads and with a nickname like mine well - people often have formed an opinion of you before they read your post!!!
                    Oh it isn't that scary just picture them in their underwear and remember your opinion is as important as theirs. You are probably right with the user name though.
                    Best stick to where I am understood and feel 'normal'
                    Normal? Nothing normal about it.

I am watching a programme on Stephen Hawking, they are not being so nice about his theories but it is interesting to listen to them talking about physicists and the world they live in.

Comment

I am watching a programme on Stephen Hawking, they are not being so nice about his theories but it is interesting to listen to them talking about physicists and the world they live in.
                      Has Rodney ever mentioned him or expressed an opinion about him or any other physicist? I expect Rodney would think he was the cleverest astrophysicist in the whole universe!!

"Stephen who?"

Mx
                      sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Has Rodney ever mentioned him or expressed an opinion about him or any other physicist? I expect Rodney would think he was the cleverest astrophysicist in the whole universe!!
                        http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ocks/Home3.jpg
                        "Stephen who?"
                        Funny you say that because they talked about a list compiled by physicists of the most important physicists in the history of science and SH never made the list.

I think Rodney meeting SH would be fun though, that much ego in one room. Scary fun.

Comment

some more excellent posting guys!!

if anyone wants to see some more photos from LFCC of david please feel free to nose around my photobucket...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v410/tiggerific/LFCC/

they are a bit yellow cause the lighting was naff and we couldnt kepp the flashes going continuously but hey its better than nothing! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by tiggerific

if anyone wants to see some more photos from LFCC of david please feel free to nose around my photobucket...

they are a bit yellow cause the lighting was naff and we couldnt kepp the flashes going continuously but hey its better than nothing! LOL
                            Hi again all!

Tigger, thanks for sharing your pics - I loved them. Hmm, Joe and David are incredibly yummy as are Rachel and Rainbow. David's clothes sense have changed quite a bit, eh? He seems to wear the "stripey" collared shirts these days.

Well, I'm not flashing my con photos in GW, but I'm more than happy to flash Derry's (she was the one who provided the props and asked these guys to pose!):

Hehe, I love that smile! (courtesy of the LovingDavidHewlett site)

And you probably remember this one - since I got it off you!

Rose and Arlessiar, what you said about green makes sense - I don't visit many other threads in GW and I can never give green to any of you! It always says that I need to spread my reputation before giving, even though I haven't given in months.

Good night all,
                            Alex

EDIT: Hans - thanks for the green, wish I could return, but I'm unable to green!
                            Last edited by mcalex22; 07 May 2006, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the pics Tig and Alex! It is still so dull and overcast here that those pics brighten the day!!

Mx

PS Love the sig Alex!!!
                              sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Originally posted by tiggerific

Better than I have, like zero! These are great, thanks for sharing.
                                Originally posted by mcalex22
                                David's clothes sense have changed quite a bit, eh?
                                Hmm, I can guess at why. Anyho, I am off to bed now, see you.

Well at least he isn't wearing this.

Comment

Working...
                                X