No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't wait for this ep. In fact I can't wait for season three, it's sounds like it's going to be so good. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Hey all,

I made these wallpapers and thought I would share. I have sized them down so that they don't bog down people with dial up. If you want to see the larger versions just let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Koshi700
        I made these wallpapers and thought I would share. I have sized them down so that they don't bog down people with dial up. If you want to see the larger versions just let me know.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a44...ckaywall2b.jpg
        This one's good, but you have Rodney flipped. You can't do with anybody, really because it will always look "off" no matter who it is. But you especially can't flip Rodney because his mouth has that cute little downturn on one side and it just looks wrong.

Again, great idea, but you have a couple of your caps flipped. I'm sure if you take a good look you can tell which ones are wrong.

I hope this doesn't upset you. It's great work, and certainly something I can't do. But it would look even better if Rodney looks right in all his shots.

I'd love to see more of your work here. Share the thunk! And thanks for resizing them for the thread.

We can never get enough of this photo.

Last edited by watcher652; 05 May 2006, 12:08 AM.

My kind of guy:
        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

This one's good, but you have Rodney flipped. You can't do with anybody, really because it will always look "off" no matter who it is. But you especially can't flip Rodney because his mouth has that cute little downturn on one side and it just looks wrong.
          Yeah, I know I flipped Rodney, the other way actually looked wrong in the pic. At least to me. I'm glad you liked it though.

Again, great idea, but you have a couple of your caps flipped. I'm sure if you take a good look you can tell which ones are wrong.
          Yeah I know, again. I had to in order to get them organized in a good way. If I didn't they would have all been facing the exact same direction except for one, and it was just looking weird. Again, I'm glad you liked the idea though.

I hope this doesn't upset you. It's great work, and certainly something I can't do. But it would look even better if Rodney looks right in all his shots.
          Nah, It doesn't upset me as long as the Criticism is done nicely, (which yours was) I don't care. I only do this for fun anyways. And I always take peoples advice under consideration, I don't always use it. But I do consider it.

Thanks again

Comment

Morning!!! It's a bright, warm and beautiful day here and I am having a good time.

I watched Cube again last night...*sigh*

Got to love that film.

Comment

Hey all,

After reading Watcher652's post I went back and looked at my Rodney wallpaper. (the one of him in front of the stargate) I realized she's right. I wasn't looking at his face when I did it, I was looking more at how his body was fitting into the picture. Anyways, I did another picture with the same general idea, with him facing the right direction. Hope ya'll like it.

Comment

Nah, It doesn't upset me as long as the Criticism is done nicely, (which yours was) I don't care. I only do this for fun anyways. And I always take peoples advice under consideration, I don't always use it. But I do consider it.
                Oh, good, I'm glad you took it the way I meant it.

The show itself has flipped Rodney. In Allies, they shot the scene and showed it like this

when it should have been like this

but they wanted the action to go in the opposite direction than how they shot it.

And, even GateWorld isn't immune. My current avatar is a custom one of this

but GateWorld has it flipped.

And we all picked up on which should be like this

Hey, we're fangirls and thunkers. We notice stuff like this!

My kind of guy:
                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

After reading Watcher652's post I went back and looked at my Rodney wallpaper. (the one of him in front of the stargate) I realized she's right. I wasn't looking at his face when I did it, I was looking more at how his body was fitting into the picture. Anyways, I did another picture with the same general idea, with him facing the right direction. Hope ya'll like it.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a44...ckaywall2E.jpg
                  Fantastic! Thanks for taking my comments into consideration.

My kind of guy:

Comment

YAY! I'm glad you liked it.

BTW, I make icons too, are we allowed to post them to the thunk?

And here's another little pic of DH, isn't he just adorkable?

Comment

Aww he looks so sweet

Comment

Good morning!

Rose, cool spoilers! I'm always curious to know exactly when they film an ep.

I'll be out of town today and tomorrow (and consequently away from a computer). See ya when I get back.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Afternoon all!

First thing is I forgot to say a big welcome to Koshi700!!! Hope you have fun posting here! Liked your wallpaper very much - as watcher said with that quirky (but lovely!) mouth David has you notice when he is flipped!!

I shall not be on here later as it is daughter's 16th birthday today so we are off out for a tapas meal with family and friends.

Have a thunking good time!

Mx
                          sig by SheppyD
                          Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
                          So he just looks crazy

Comment

Hello everyone!
                            I'm so sorry, yesterday I said that I'd write more after breakfast, but then real life interfered, and so I didn't log in again until now. But now I'm here, and I wanted to say THANK YOU for all the good wishes for my job interview! AbydonianPrincess, Rose, Alex, pavaneofstars, McKayRocks, Purpleyin, tiggerific and everyone else who wished me luck - thanks so much!
                            Originally posted by AbydonianPrincess
                            just keep reminding yourself what a brilliant, capable, georgous woman you are and the rest will take care of its self.
                            OMG how sweet and lovely is that? Thanks so much, AP, for these cordial and encouraging words! *hugs*

Behind the spoiler tag: More about my job interview and the near future:

Spoiler:
                            In fact the job interview went very well. Meaning, I have an internship (AE)/ work placement (BE) now for three and a half months. That's already something, since I have looked for work for a very long time now. If everything goes well I might be there for a longer time, there's a good chance that they'll offer me to stay and do this job for a longer time afterwards. But I have to wait and see, this is all so new for me, and the job (assistent manager) doesn't sound easy and isn't exactly what I planned to do in my life, so I hope I'll be up to it and won't screw up this big chance.

While I'm very happy about this (and nervous, too ), it also means that I won't be here as much as usual. I always knew that my full-time thunking is only temporarily, but I got very used to it, so much that I fear that I'll miss this place terribly. I'll drop by as often as I can, since I doubt that I can be cured of my SGA/DH/RM addiction so easily, especially with the new season ahead. I'll have to and will concentrate on my job, but some time of the day has to be reserved for warm Rodney thoughts. And I guess with some routine I'll have enough time left to thunk occasionally.

On to thunking, have to enjoy all the free days that are left :

Originally posted by watcher652
                            I was roaming around the internet and found a Hewlett family crest!
                            He, that's really very interesting. Thanks for posting this!

McKayRocks - Happy Birthday to your daughter! Hope she has a great day!
                            Koshi - the wallpapers look great, good work! It's great that you flipped the pics again so that the mouth looks right now.
                            And yes, post icons if you want to, we have already done that here occasionally.

Happy Rodney:

Bye, A.
                            Last edited by Arlessiar; 05 May 2006, 11:28 AM.
                            ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                            ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Well done Arlessiar. I am well chuffed for you.

Comment

Well Arlessiar - good for you to get that job!! I am sure you will do really well and I hope it turns out to be everything you want it to!

I work everyday during the week and cannot get on Gateworld at work so have to catch up in the evenings and at weekends! Sometimes when a good thunk has happened during the day you do feel sad that you were not there to join in. But then again it is really nice to play catch up all in one go at the end of the day!

McKayRocks - Happy Birthday to your daughter! Hope she has a great day!
                                Well we went out to a tapas restaurant tonight and I had taken her cake with us as a surprise! The candles spelt out her name and age and I even had an indoor firework on it like a roman candle!! She has had a lovely day - thanks to everyone who wished her happy birthday!!

Mx
                                sig by SheppyD
                                Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
                                So he just looks crazy

Comment

Working...
                                X