No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hated this guy in the episodes he was in. Not that i don't think he would make a good team member I think he is quite good. He is just one of those guys you hate because he is sarcastic and annoying.

He will probably have a good character development in Atlantis however.
    Lt. Ford to Dr Zelenka: "Is this some sort of payback for me beating up guys like you in high school?"
    - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Hot Zone

Dr. Beckett: "...Mom...I miss you terribly...*breaks down*...I can't do this!"
    - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Letters from Pegasus

Sen. Kinsey: "Do you trust this man?"
    Col. Jack O'Neill: "...No..."
    Mayboune: *shrugs*
    - Stargate SG-1 - Chain Reaction

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis I love science fiction

Comment

hee hee and that's why I love the character!
      sigpic

Comment

I love the guy,probably because he's so human and fallible !
        (I think more Posters will actually prefer the other SGA guys,but I'm far fonder of RM already. )
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

You've got to love him, whatever. SGA will certainly be a success
          __

__

Comment

I first saw McKay in Redemption, Part 1. I even enjoyed him in it. To me he wasn't a kind of a person you would love to hate but likable. My reason that he and Sam didn't get along was that their personalities are too much alike. I think he is going to be a great addition to Atlantis.

Comment

The clip of McKay in the Atlantis Preview is great!

McKay: ... Zed-PM
              Jack: What?
              Daniel: Zee-PM, he's Canadian.

Comment

I just saw the latest one (I think) with Sheppard leaning back on the chair. And there's more Rodney (mahvelous!).

And reading from the episode synopsis (what's the plural of that??) it looks like he's going to have some active parts in the first few episodes.
                "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

Originally posted by rihannsu
                  And reading from the episode synopsis (what's the plural of that??) it looks like he's going to have some active parts in the first few episodes.
                  "Synopses".

I hope TPTB are indeed smart enough to utilize David Hewlett to his fullest and that they'll expand on McKay's character and make him into someone a little more three-dimensional and emotionally textured than what we've seen. I "know" he has vulnerabilities. I'd like to see them explored. Make McKay suffer! But only, y'know, for the good of the plot and for character development.

Comment

Plot and character development? I suspect that you just want to see him suffer in general. hehehe
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                      Plot and character development? I suspect that you just want to see him suffer in general. hehehe
                      Moi?? *bats eyelashes* Never!

Well, maybe just a little...

In all seriousness, though, I don't like angst just for angst's sake. I like there to be real reasons for it and if done correctly it can add volumes to a character and to the story involved.

Comment

Looks as if McKay is learning how to handle a gun...fortunately Fluffy has his back
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                          Looks as if McKay is learning how to handle a gun...fortunately Fluffy has his back
                          It looks to me like Fluffy's about to jump him from behind. Maybe Fluffy's about to push him out of the way of an incoming projectile?
                          Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

that picture of mckay is awesome...

i'd say hawt...but that word is reserved for one guy!

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                            Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                            Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Yep, McKay is definitely the hotness of Atlantis.

Comment

he's sarcastic, funny, annoying, and a jerk.

i LOVE McKay!

he's cute too.

David Hewlett is awesome. i've seen him in Stargate SG-1, Treed Murray, Cube, Clutch, and *shudder* Pin.

though it does have him as the lead, the movie Pin is wrong on too many levels.

can't wait to see Atlantis

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                                Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Working...
                                X