No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow I'm not alone in thinking McKay was off in Sanctuary. I love McKay, he's totally my favourite character but I too thought he was a bit harsh, snappy and at times disrespectful in Sanctuary. I've loved him in all of the episodes except for that one where I just thought he was too...I dunno...usually if we get snarkiness we get a little sensitivity as well but in Sanctuary we didn't. There was no balance. He was so much more whiney than usual and I didn't like that because his characters prgoressed so much and it was just...wrong yup.

That post so made no sense. Sorry lol.

Lucy x

Comment

I liked Cube as well... I only saw it recently myself... picked it up cheaply at the local supermarket of all places... It was quite disturbing but in a good sort of way... provocative is probably the word I was searching for.

David was terrific... he does angsty well, doesn't he? As Worth, he was a lot less communicative than Rodney...

Edited: Cool... my 500th post... in the McKay/Hewlett thread too.
      Last edited by Easter Lily; 13 February 2005, 03:40 PM.
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Okay, I read this earlier and either didn't catch this or I'm just overly tired and caffienated right now, but this just struck me as particularly funny:

Originally posted by lucylou
        Overall I think it's a pretty cool movie. The concept is great and the characters are really great and there's a whole lot of atmosphere and a lot of great acting. And David in pants
        You mean to tell me he's not been wearing pants on Atlantis this whole time?! What episodes have you been watching and why aren't you sharing?

Yeah, yeah... I'll just go be quietly goofy over there in the corner if anyone needs me.

Comment

Sorry lol pants means something totally different in the UK! Pants = underwear here. We say trousers not pants lol.

Luce xxx

Comment

Ahhh, okay! I was wondering why his wearing of pants would be such a big deal to merit a special mention. Hehehe, you'd think I'd have caught that... I watch a lot of BBC America so it's not like I'm totally ignorant of Brit / American culture differences but that one must've flown right over my head at some point.

Comment

Davids boxers always warrant a special mention lol.

Luce xxx

Comment

Well, when you put it that way... of course they do!

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                  GREAT pictures Purpleyin! Can you get some from the Defiant One?
                  Well I'm crazily busy in RL so not got time to cap until next week (praise reading week - I get 4 days off, only 1 day of lectures!). But I'll do that one next if you like because there must be so many great Rodney shots there.

And 'Treed Murray' may well get capped to some extent next week too, since I really want to see it when I get time. Darn essays, being ill and fanfic writing getting in the way of David appreciation and good old fashioned film watching. I don't think I've seen a film for over a month now, highly odd for me and not sure how I've managed that (all last year I watched like a film a day somehow!).

Comment

Um... happy Valentine's Day?

I think I've got this one presentable enough for the forums.

Comment

Here's something I noticed when capping Hot Zone and I wasn't watching McKay's hands.

And then I was watching The Boys from St Vincent

Of course, if you're watching frame by frame, everybody has these shots. It's just David looks so cute.

My kind of guy:
                      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by strivaria
                        Um... happy Valentine's Day?

I think I've got this one presentable enough for the forums.
                        Lmao!

That's such a funny pic.

I've seen a few of these kinds around...what is it from??

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                          Lmao!

That's such a funny pic.

I've seen a few of these kinds around...what is it from??
                          "Where the heart is" I think - mmmm must watch that, so far I've seen so many caps but then that's not the same is it...

Comment

Nope. Ya get to see his bum in that one. He's certainly not shy.

Love the screencaps Watcher652! How cute is it that he sticks his tongue out while he's concentrating. I jut do that at work when I'm feeling cheeky lol.

Luce x

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                              Here's something I noticed when capping Hot Zone and I wasn't watching McKay's hands.
                              Hehe, that's kinda cute... he looks like he's concentrating, except for that last one where it looks like he's about to start blowing raspberries .

And yeah, the Cupid!Hewlett is from Where the Heart Is... which I would have capped myself since I got that and Treed Murray last night in the mail... but the computer dvd decoder doesn't see either of them. Anyway, I thought that particular cupid shot was appropriately McKay; perhaps its a little known bit of backstory for our favorite snarky Astrophysicist.
                              Last edited by strivaria; 15 February 2005, 10:50 AM. Reason: found a better smiley

Comment

Nah, that post made perfect sense to me. That's not really a good thing, is it. *shrug*
                                ~Percussive Maintenance - The fine art of repeatedly whacking an electronic device to get it to work again.~

Think before you hit 'Post': Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate. *sigh*

My LiveJournal: watch me babble about Stargate and life in general here.

Comment

Working...
                                X