Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wordsmit2
    The gesture is English in origin, about six hundred years old, from a time when there were supposedly bounties being offered for the fingers of longbowmen. A man would gesture as a way of saying I've still got mine and there's nothing you can do about it.
    Thanks for writing that, that was really interesting!

I had a nice McKay moment yesterday. My bf and I were sitting in the kitchen and I wanted to talk to him about a glass cabinet/vitrine for the living room. But we always drifted off to other topics and from time to time I would say things like "...about the vitrine" or "...back to this vitrine topic", and then, after a moment of silence, I just said "where was I? Ah yes, the vitrine" and my bf just looked at me, grinned and shouted "leadership!" After that I was too busy laughing to talk about that vitrine again...

MG - good luck for the date!
    McAlex - thanks for the whumped Rodney pic! Oh this poor woobie! I need to go and cheer him up! *runs off to the infirmary*

Bye, A.
    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Hey I just noticed they have an ask Joe Flanigan thread up I have nothing to ask but I thought I would point it out.

Now when do we get an ask David Hewlett thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
        Hey I just noticed they have an ask Joe Flanigan thread up I have nothing to ask but I thought I would point it out.
        Now when do we get an ask David Hewlett thread.
        There already was something like this on the GW main page once, but there wasn't a special thread on the forum for it. I don't remember the exact date, but it was a few months ago (May? June?) that there was a possibility to ask PM and DH (and Ben Browder and Brad Wright) a question about the first season for the S1 DVD. It was basically the same thing Darren wrote in the "Ask JF thread" - 'only one question, make it unique, only about S1' etc.

I participated and wrote a question for PM and for DH (I saved my questions to my computer, that's why I remember this whole thing). But I think that in the end they will only have picked a few of all these questions from all the people who wrote one, so I really don't expect my questions to be answered on the DVD.

Bye, A.
        Last edited by Arlessiar; 11 November 2005, 03:38 AM.

Comment

3rd page! We have to fix that....

Lets see, something to start up conversation...

Which would you like to see more of:
          1. Scientist Rodney- Running around in his labcoat discovering new things.
          2. Adventure Rodney - Running around out of breath on another world getting into trouble.
          It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
            Which would you like to see more of:
            1. Scientist Rodney- Running around in his labcoat discovering new things.
            2. Adventure Rodney - Running around out of breath on another world getting into trouble.
            Scientist Rodney - definitely. I love geeks! And lab coats. (I can hear some of you say "No, reaaaally?")
            He's the chief scientist of this expedition, and as much as I love him off-world - I'd love to see him in his lab again.

Bye, A.

Comment

It's me - again. I just drop by to post another Rodney pic.
              Right now I'm writing the first GW post with my PB - because I'm sitting in university, in one of the labs of the institute for physical chemistry. It's 9:15pm (!!!) on a Friday evening and I'm keeping my bf company. My beloved geek just keeps on working and working in the lab - at the moment I know what it must be like to be the gf of Rodney! At least there is a nice lab coat hanging on the wall in front of me.

So, before there are any news about the con, let's look at some older Rodney pics again:

Bye, A.

Comment

I think I'd like to see more of Scientist Rodney too. Not him saving the day with all his tech knowledge, but just him discovering something cool about Atlantis. Like a "hey, you know that thingie we found and we couldn't figure out what it was for? Well guess what, I figured it out!" sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                  It's me - again. I just drop by to post another Rodney pic.
                  Right now I'm writing the first GW post with my PB - because I'm sitting in university, in one of the labs of the institute for physical chemistry. It's 9:15pm (!!!) on a Friday evening and I'm keeping my bf company. My beloved geek just keeps on working and working in the lab - at the moment I know what it must be like to be the gf of Rodney! At least there is a nice lab coat hanging on the wall in front of me.

So, before there are any news about the con, let's look at some older Rodney pics again:

Bye, A.

So many cute thunkable guys... so little time.

Random Jello Attack!

Comment

But we always drifted off to other topics and from time to time I would say things like "...about the vitrine" or "...back to this vitrine topic", and then, after a moment of silence, I just said "where was I? Ah yes, the vitrine" and my bf just looked at me, grinned and shouted "leadership!"
                    rotfl!
                    Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

Originally posted by Renenutet
                      what about all the foods and drinks that have citric acid in them.... I'm suprised he eats more then bread and water.
                      Being allergic to citrus fruits doesn't mean you're allergic to citric acid.

I have a nasty reaction to citrus fruits, but citric acid as a food additive gives me no trouble. Mind you, *quantity* is a factor in some allergies, so for all I know it *could* be the citric acid.

The breed of the food can be important too. I can't eat most North American tangerines, but I can eat Asian and European ones.
                      Last edited by Wordsmit2; 11 November 2005, 05:54 PM.
                      Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

Anyone who is well familiar with the song "Star Trekkin'" might get a good laugh out of Laura Jo's SG-1 video. (Bottom of the linked page.)

Those who have never heard of it probably shouldn't bother.

Those who are just too curious should look up the lyrics first, because the song is *very* hard to understand otherwise. And you really have to know the lyrics to appreciate this video.

[edited]
                        Last edited by Wordsmit2; 11 November 2005, 10:15 PM.
                        Wordsmit2

Comment

interesting

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                          Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

I think he also trusts the persons who know about his allergy and seems to be more relaxed in their presence, knowing that they are possibly very attentive and considerate of his condition.
                            In my experience that's suicidal. Several times I've been given food containing seafood by people who *know* I'm allergic. They just don't think it's a big deal, that a little bit won't hurt. Thankfully they mention what they did when I start turning colors, so at least the ER docs know what's wrong with me.
                            Wordsmit2

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                              I wonder if I could use that same method to make Jason get an internet connection. Honestly, I dunno how he survives without one!
                              I heard a song once about that. In part:

The only address that he has is a street
                              The guy's domain is where he sleeps and he eats
                              We always talk face to face or by phone
                              Because there is something that he doesn't own

He's not on the net...
                              Wordsmit2

Comment

I think Adventure McKay is more fun to watch. He's out of his element has to improvise. When he's only Scientist McKay he just degrates everyone around him. But really it shouldn't one or the other it should be a balanced mix of the two.

Comment

Working...
                                X