Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xfkirsten
    My copy of Nothing arrived in the mail today! WOOO! *runs around in circles until she smacks into the wall* *gets up* I am SO not doing my homework tonight...
    A lttle music for the lucky lady!

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
      A lttle music for the lucky lady!
      Awwww! He'll always be a rock star to me!
      "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
      My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
        My copy of Nothing arrived in the mail today! WOOO! *runs around in circles until she smacks into the wall* *gets up* I am SO not doing my homework tonight...
        Could you please explain to me what happens during the last scene after the credits? The first two times I watched the movie I didn't watch to after the credits and the third time I let it run all the way and noticed the Ten Years Later bit but.....WHAT'S GOING ON?!?! I have a feeling it has something to do with the cavlary (sp?) coming in or.......

Well, its gotta be the weirdest movie I have seen but for some reason I find it extremely funny.

Comment

Hi all,

Love the rockstar pics Watcher! Kirsten, I 'm glad you like Nothing. I'm thinking of buying it myself now that I've heard so many positive reviews about it! I don't know why it is but none of David's movies appear to be sold around Australia!

Here are some of my thunk contributions today:

I love Duet coz he looks so utterly adorable:

Can't go wrong with drooling Rodney:

Side profile from Brotherhood (I just love his side profiles)!

Forgot to say to Arlessiar - you look nice and so does that new powerbook. Afraid, I'm not much of a mac person... I prefer desktops coz I'm such a geek and I love playing games on them!

Ta,

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by mcalex22
            Hi all,

Love the rockstar pics Watcher! Kirsten, I 'm glad you like Nothing. I'm thinking of buying it myself now that I've heard so many positive reviews about it! I don't know why it is but none of David's movies appear to be sold around Australia!
            Hey Alex,

I bought a copy of Nothing in JB-HIFI. I also saw a copy of Boa vs Python and Cypher while I was there (even though I was not looking for them). I suggest you take a look there.

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
              How many posts do you need for that?
              You need 1800+1. Then if you are lucky GW will almost immediately give you access to a custom avatar.

Ooh, xfkirsten you are a lucky girl, I did go into my local DVD store and order it and Boa. I will have to wait and I quote "about 2 or 3 weeks will we call you". So I am guessing by Christmas.

Alex they are sold here but you have to order most of them, EzyDVD has them via order. *that is where I went for the above*

Oh and for Australian SGA/SG-1 fans bad news on Channel 7 screening it before October 2006. The Stargate News Australian site has gotten word from Channel 7 that they are looking at October 2006 for SG-1 S9.

Linky.

http://www.gasbo.net/stargate/news.htm

I can't wait that long!

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                Oh and for Australian SGA/SG-1 fans bad news on Channel 7 screening it before October 2006. The Stargate News Australian site has gotten word from Channel 7 that they are looking at October 2006 for SG-1 S9.

Linky.

http://www.gasbo.net/stargate/news.htm

I can't wait that long!
                OUCH!! WTF? How LONG has it been since they played season 8 here?? Channel 7 sucks! I bet we can get it on DVD boxset here way before its even on TV. That is bad, cause all the fans will go and buy the DVD's and hardly anyone will watch it so will rate bad. Then channel 7 may not want to play is and.....on going circle. Well that's what I think anyway.

Comment

wow, my first post. Hi guys or should i say "GIRLS"? Hehe, so this is where the McKay fans hang ne. Well, I gotta say i'm joining your gang. I love McKay so much i made him the romantic interest of my fics. *im not trying to outdo anyone, just expressing my love!!*

Question, because i skipped straight to page 100 something after reading the first 3 pages... anyone got any wonderful stories about what they wrote to David in a letter. Cos im really stuck what to say apart from uh... I LOVE YOU!!! hehe, and that aint really worth like $5 postage and handling. In some ways, im so much better to talk t oface to face, but being in Australia... yes yes i know hes coming to sydney, the same time im sitting an exam. >_< fate hates me.
                  *maybe its telling me to behave because i already have a nerdy science boyfriend who sometimes i swear is Rodney or vice versa.*
                  And he has some czech lecturers HAHAHA. Oh, shout out to the girls from Stargate Extreme, SAFA and I LOVE DANIEL hey girls!!

Join the Neko Rebellion!!
                  http://sgr.hl2files.com

Comment

Originally posted by unknownterra
                    Could you please explain to me what happens during the last scene after the credits? The first two times I watched the movie I didn't watch to after the credits and the third time I let it run all the way and noticed the Ten Years Later bit but.....WHAT'S GOING ON?!?! I have a feeling it has something to do with the cavlary (sp?) coming in or.......

Well, its gotta be the weirdest movie I have seen but for some reason I find it extremely funny.
                    LMAO! If I understood that, I'd tell ya! It was a bit random! LOL

You're right on - it was a weeeeeird movie (especially the end) but so funny!
                    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

**Welcome neko138**

to the RM/DH Thunk thread.

Originally posted by neko138
                      wow, my first post. Hi guys or should i say "GIRLS"?
                      Hey we do have guys on this thread. No, we do.

Hehe, so this is where the McKay fans hang ne. Well, I gotta say I'm joining your gang. I love McKay so much i made him the romantic interest of my fics. *im not trying to outdo anyone, just expressing my love!!*
                      Well you will get no argument in here about the LOVE for David or Rodney.

So welcome.

Comment

What up all? I should really be going to bed, but I am a punk who thinks that even though it's about 3 in the morning and I have to be up in 6 hours I don't have to go to bed. I'm going to be so tired tomorrow. Wow, I'm lame.

On the plus side, I have to do a project for my Audio class where I make a mix CD that has to do with a certain character from my favorite TV show or movie. Hrmm. I wonder whom I should choose? Perhaps Josh Lyman (I've been watching the first season of The West Wing)? Or maybe that "Zelemka" guy from SG:A. [ /sarcasm ]

Anyway, I'll post the track listing tomorrow. I also have to do a character profile and a character sketch, so I'll be doing lots of Rodney doodles. I love art school...it's so much better than normal boring school.

I'm thinking of sketching one of these pics. They're some of the more visually interesting ones I have. Anyone have a suggestion or a request of a pic I could draw that exudes a certain Rodneyesq quality?

(Yes, some of these have been borrowed *cough*stolen*cough* from this very thunk thread and I am waaaaay to lazy to go fish out the original poster, so, whatev, and all that.)

*~S.T.A.K.S.~*~LiveJournal Leik Woah~*

"Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu."

Comment

In honor of the Australian con, I was trying to find a cap with all 3 of our science guys. It's really hard finding a cap with Rodney, Carson and Radek all in the same frame. Here's a couple from Duet. Linked for possible spoilerism.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...uet0550684.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...uet3539556.jpg

My kind of guy:
                          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Morning all! Hope everyone is well and happy, since the world is such a crazy place at the moment!

~*~ WELCOME neko138!!! ~*~

So you're joining our crazy bunch? Great! Hope you'll have fun here!

Originally posted by mcalex22
                            Forgot to say to Arlessiar - you look nice and so does that new powerbook. Afraid, I'm not much of a mac person... I prefer desktops coz I'm such a geek and I love playing games on them!
                            Thanks! And I also kept my PC, the PB is mainly for the time to come. I don't know, maybe I'll have to move and then I need a second computer and maybe I'll be on the train very much, so I thought a laptop would be a good idea. And I knew I just had to try Apple then!

xfkirsten - glad you liked Nothing! I'll also buy it very soon in my next order from Amazon, and after so many reviews I'm really looking forward to it! (On the other hand - I guess I'd even look forward to a movie in which David plays nothing more than a trash bin or a pillar )
                            Rose - Seems all the TV stations have gone crazy. The TV channel that screens Stargate in Germany has rescheduled and now SGA S2 will be shown in July instead of February, and SG1 S9 after that!
                            Party - wow, that project for art school sounds very interesting! Sketching Rodney, I bet you'll have fun with that! Maybe one of these many pics of Rodney pointing would be very Rodneyesque? It's such a typical gesture!

Bye, A.
                            ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                            ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Rodney and Carson aren't too happy in Instinct.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Hey Rose, I just noticed your new location! "With DrMcKay drinking lemonaide" - you want to kill him or what? Did he annoy you?

watcher - like that Beckett/McKay pic, it screams "'take me to the Rockett and caption me!"

Party - still not in bed? Do you need a cuddly Rodney to help you sleep? Here, take this one:

Bye, A.
                                ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                                ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Working...
                                X