Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jen
    Its from the utterly brilliant film 'Nothing' that is an absolute must for any DH fan
    Not just DH fans, but film buffs in general should see it. Great stuff, definitely one of my faves (and not JUST because of DH ).

Comment

I speed-watched the movie Joe's Wedding the other night. Meaning I kept hitting fast forward until I saw David. Boy, that shot of David in the shower is something else! The movie really isn't any good except to look at David. And what's with the loud, Hawaiian shirts? With his clothing choices, he looks like an older version of the character he played in Where the Heart Is.

Hmm, let's see, I think that shower scene is about 50 minutes into the movie...

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Nice interview with David in the Feb 2005 issue of Starlog magazine #331. Jennifer Garner as Elecktra is on the cover. Now on news stands in the US.

Some quotes to tempt you:

"When you first meet people, it's black and white. Your first sense of McKay is, 'Oh, this is an obnoxious, misogynist jerk.' But if you get stuck in an elevator with someone, you're going to see other sides of them. [The Stargate characters] get to prove themselves, make fools of themselves, make mistakes and correct them. McKay goes through so much in this show. It's not so much that he softens; you're just seeing other sides of him. No one can be that obnoxious all the time. There's more than just the arrogant astrophysist in there."

"Frankly, I wouldn't want McKay to have a friend. What, he's going to be nice to them? There's some dull science fiction!"

"You'll laugh at this analogy, but he's a bit like Neo in The Matrix. Neo is this nerd who suddenly discovers that he has to save the universe. Well, McKay, in a way, sees himself like that. He's the chosen scientist who's going to have to fix all this stuff. It's his time in the Sun."

Full page photo of McKay and his gun from Childhood's End. Another large photo as the mist-McKay from Home. Smaller photos from Rising, Thirty Eight Minutes, Underground, Home, The Eye, Sanctuary. (Just identifying them because I'm pleased I recognize all the photos except the second photo on the bottom of Sheppard and McKay. Maybe it's from Before I Sleep, I haven't seen that one yet).

My kind of guy:
        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

I forgot to mention that due to a strategically placed beverage container in Joe's Wedding, I'll never be able to look at a teapot again without smiling at the image that will spring to my mind.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
            I forgot to mention that due to a strategically placed beverage container in Joe's Wedding, I'll never be able to look at a teapot again without smiling at the image that will spring to my mind.
            It has a teapot in it
            Maybe I can convince my flatmates the film is worthy then, they aren't too thrilled on the DH side but one of them does like tea...

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652

Full page photo of McKay and his gun from Childhood's End. Another large photo as the mist-McKay from Home. Smaller photos from Rising, Thirty Eight Minutes, Underground, Home, The Eye, Sanctuary. (Just identifying them because I'm pleased I recognize all the photos except the second photo on the bottom of Sheppard and McKay. Maybe it's from Before I Sleep, I haven't seen that one yet).
              How I wish I could find a copy of that magazine in the Uk to get the article.

As for you not having seen Before I Sleep, if you like McKay you should enjoy it, though I wish I could erase watching it from my memory to be able to fully appreciate it once more, when I wasn't expecting anything.

Comment

Before I sleep was really good, especially as i hadn't read any spoilers (a first for me). It makes you realise how attached you've got to the characters when you find out exactly what happened in the AU (was that vague enough or do i need spoiler space). The banter between Sheppard and McKay was funny.
                ~Percussive Maintenance - The fine art of repeatedly whacking an electronic device to get it to work again.~

Think before you hit 'Post': Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate. *sigh*

My LiveJournal: watch me babble about Stargate and life in general here.

Comment

Has anyone seen Nothing? I really want to see it but was wondering if it's any good.

Luce xxx (who soooo loves Davids eyes!!!)

Comment

I thought that Nothing is a fantastic movie, it's so funny and DH was so good in it.

Comment

Originally posted by joanne1138
                      Before I sleep was really good, especially as i hadn't read any spoilers (a first for me). It makes you realise how attached you've got to the characters when you find out exactly what happened in the AU (was that vague enough or do i need spoiler space). The banter between Sheppard and McKay was funny.

Spoiler:
                      i love when mckay and sheppard are talking about there deaths i did feel sad when i saw mckay dieing .but i did not care much about sheppard dieing. maybe that was beacuse they really did not show sheppard dieding when mckay was dieing you could see the water riseing.

Comment

Spoilers from Defiant One (kind of, I guess but just in case)

Did anyone notice that McKay's jacket was a different color in that episode? It was blue and a kind of dark gray instead of his usual blue and little yellowish gray. His pants were also different to match his jacket. Just thought it was interesting. In my opinion I like that color more then his usual.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                          Spoilers from Defiant One (kind of, I guess but just in case)

Did anyone notice that McKay's jacket was a different color in that episode? It was blue and a kind of dark gray instead of his usual blue and little yellowish gray. His pants were also different to match his jacket. Just thought it was interesting. In my opinion I like that color more then his usual.
                          If you look back to pages 37/38 a few of us were discussing it there.
                          Personally I'd like to think its to affiliate him more closely with both Sheppard as he's on his team (and the others wear dark grey) and in the case of his tshirt (with underarm stripes that have only been seen also on Dr.Weir) to command position and the fact he's important member. Wondered if it was to do with him being CSO but Beckett as the CMO doesn't have the stripes and Rodney has been CSO since they got there anyway. Maybe he's now second in command out of the civilians - he's practically always around Weir and involved heavily in decisions, maybe this is a reflection of that. Some lines from Santuary may support that where he's saying it is his business to worry about Sheppard and Chaya - tohugh that may be more general or because Sheppard is his CO.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                            If you look back to pages 37/38 a few of us were discussing it there.
                            Personally I'd like to think its to affiliate him more closely with both Sheppard as he's on his team (and the others wear dark grey) and in the case of his tshirt (with underarm stripes that have only been seen also on Dr.Weir) to command position and the fact he's important member. Wondered if it was to do with him being CSO but Beckett as the CMO doesn't have the stripes and Rodney has been CSO since they got there anyway. Maybe he's now second in command out of the civilians - he's practically always around Weir and involved heavily in decisions, maybe this is a reflection of that. Some lines from Santuary may support that where he's saying it is his business to worry about Sheppard and Chaya - tohugh that may be more general or because Sheppard is his CO.
                            Oh, I had just missed that when reviewing the thread. Oh well, thanks though.

Anyway I have a great idea for a funny McKay ep. How about for some reason or another he has to pretend to be stupid or at least of average intelligence for his own safety. It would be funny and interesting to see how the conflict of his self-preservation and his arrogance would play out. Maybe it would make a good fanfic.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                            Spoiler:

Comment

I think McKay's head would explode if he wasn't allowed to mouth off.

Or maybe that's just me. I associate the mouthing off with his intelligence. Can't have one without the other... At least in McKay's case.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                I think McKay's head would explode if he wasn't allowed to mouth off.
                                That wouldn't be PG, would it Although having him struggle with something like not being able to witty.....

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                                Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                                ~CELLO!~
                                ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Working...
                                X