Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone,

Wow, I go away for hours and there's all these interesting discussions about accents etc.

Firstly, Arlessiar, I wish I could say I could speak German, but to be quite honest these days I struggle to find the words ! Sehr lange habe ich keine Deutsch gesprochen! My grammar isn't so good anymore I know what you mean about Bayern German though - even I do not understand them!

Cons cons cons... Gee Watcher, I saw all your pics of Paul and your tales of how you talked to him. I can honestly say I admire that and I wish I had your courage and ability to make conversation!!!

I would love to be able to talk to David H, David N and Paul at the con but I am not the bravest of souls when it comes to talking and *sigh* I can be a bit of a bore too... I probably don't have the confidence to approach them either.

Having said that, you know, your suggestion about asking them about the accents at the con is a good one! I might just pose that question (if I am not too busy gawking/drooling/or wearing a silly grin on my face).

Regarding Joe's accent, someone on LJ or his thread mentioned that it was mid-western but don't quote me (coz I know nothing about American and Canadian accents). I think she was from the same region as Joe and recognised it.

At the end of it, it's David's voice that I like.

Which brings me to my next batch of Rodney pics:

I loved the Eye - and Rodney here (na klar!)

Love his lips and his big blue eyes

A friend of mine calls him the Nose - with reason - it's absolutely cute. Joe Flanigan says it's just like Bing Crosby's... me, I just love it...

I just like drooling over this one...

More to come,

Alex

Comment

More from me (to beef up the no. of posts):

Rose I thought of you and how much you loved LFP - so here are three:

Rodney smiling can never go wrong!

And because I love this shot:

CSI's about to start and I'm gonna go.

Take care all and have a good day/night/morning.

Hugs,
      Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
        I'm from Germany's north where we speak 'High German', also called standard German
        Hm, must be a translation overlap. In linguistics, High German is southern and central German, Low German is the remainder, with particular reference to the Plattdeutsch regions, hence the name.

Which makes Bavarian a High German dialect.

(no offense to any Bavarians here!)
        Well, it pushes the bounds of good taste. The only comments about German regions in this forum have been derogatory toward Bavaria, which gives people who don't know better a potentially dangerous prejudice against a state.

I know German humor is harsh, but by way of contrast, how often do you read derogatory postings referring to American Southerners or British Northerners?

Perhaps you should make equally derogatory comments about the rest of Germany as well.
        Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
          It's right next door to his Bedroom

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...y/bathroom.jpg

I miss the Sims Rodney has a HUGE house there with 13 rooms all downstairs (I'd make an upstairs but I don't know what to put there )
          ROFL! Wow your mind is a dangerous place girl. What exactly is "erm gutter stuff*

Is it me or does he look really old in that pic?
          Well there are two ways to answer that the first isn't so flattering to David, so I will go with the other, the cap is not the best quality.

Originally posted by mcalex22
          Rose I thought of you and how much you loved LFP - so here are three:
          Ah love LFP. A man his cat and just what does he do at night when he thinks about Sam?!?

Hmm, CSI is no sub for Rodney! mcalex22
          I thought they were repeats anyway? *Looks over at TV* Oh New York not the original I like the Original CSI.

Comment

Originally posted by mcalex22
            Regarding Joe's accent, someone on LJ or his thread mentioned that it was mid-western but don't quote me (coz I know nothing about American and Canadian accents). I think she was from the same region as Joe and recognised it.
            I'd say one of the pseudo-Southern accents like urban Florida or Nevada or urban Texas. A region that is rural by disposition but has a large influx of accents from all over the country.
            Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

thank you for your smart welcome! ^^ oh yes, i have seen the pics! i didn't know that him and beckett... my god! loli know it's just for an ep... no?
              i thought that he prefered blonde women?
              sincerely, atlantis without McKay is impossible. i adored the ep "letters from pegasus" ^^ the scenes with him were so good! and he likes cats, he's tastefully! i hope that the wraith will not eat him even if the wraith are my lovers i'll ask them to let him ^^
              a little contribution (but i fear that you already have this pics!) this is only the link because the pics are too large ans i don't manage to remove it sorry

http://eclecticum.com/Stargate/pics/S2/204/204x22.jpg
              http://eclecticum.com/Stargate/pics/S2/203/203x11.jpg
              Rodney is always the tortured guy snif
              Last edited by Bloodthirsteve; 18 October 2005, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wordsmit2
                mcalex22, your sig's middle picture has an interesting role reversal: Sheppard eating while McKay poses too cool for words.

Reminds me of a post someone made some months ago suggesting there should be an alternate universe episode featuring a geeky Sheppard and military McKay.
                I saw some vid AU credits yesterday for that, though I didn't think they were entirely convincing on the AUness... but the idea appeals to me. And that shot was the one they ended on too, makes Shep appear like our hypoglycemic hypochondirac physicist, almost.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                  ROFL! Wow your mind is a dangerous place girl. What exactly is "erm gutter stuff*
                  Use you imagination

sigpic
                  Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                  Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

EDIT: In this post was my answer to wordsmit2's comments, but I decided it's better not to have this off-topic stuff here in this wonderful thread for the wonderful DH/RM, so I deleted it. Here's a link if someone wants to read my answer:
                    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...iar/Answer.jpg

Wordsmit, if you want to we can talk via pm.

Instead of my old post now a Rodney pic:

Bye, A.
                    Last edited by Arlessiar; 19 October 2005, 02:52 AM. Reason: Changes
                    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodthirsteve
                      thank you for your smart welcome! ^^ oh yes, i have seen the pics! i didn't know that him and beckett... my god! loli know it's just for an ep... no? i thought that he prefered blonde women?
                      If you don't want to know details, don't read the following:
                      Spoiler:
                      No, it's nothing between him and Beckett and he still prefers blonde women! Someone is messing with his head (say it if you want more details about that) and it leads to this kiss, which is very embarrassing for McKay once he realizes what he did!

Oh, and thanks for posting the pics. Yes, we had them here before, but it's always nice to see them again!

They were a little large though, too large pics kill the site format and it takes very long to load such big pics for people with slow internet connections.
                      The first pic might be a little spoilerish for people who still haven't seen this episode, so you might want to put it in spoilertags. Spoilers are a difficult topic, because it's hard to say when a pic isn't a spoiler anymore or if it gives away crucial parts of the story or not. So 'better safe than sorry' is mostly the guideline.

Bye, A.

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                        It's right next door to his Bedroom

I miss the Sims Rodney has a HUGE house there with 13 rooms all downstairs (I'd make an upstairs but I don't know what to put there )
                        that bathroom is soooooo great MG just the way i imagined it
                        sigpic

Comment

If you don't want to know details, don't read the following:
                          Spoiler:
                          No, it's nothing between him and Beckett and he still prefers blonde women! Someone is messing with his head (say it if you want more details about that) and it leads to this kiss, which is very embarrassing for McKay once he realizes what he did!

Oh, and thanks for posting the pics. Yes, we had them here before, but it's always nice to see them again!

They were a little large though, too large pics kill the site format and it takes very long to load such big pics for people with slow internet connections.
                          The first pic might be a little spoilerish for people who still haven't seen this episode, so you might want to put it in spoilertags. Spoilers are a difficult topic, because it's hard to say when a pic isn't a spoiler anymore or if it gives away crucial parts of the story or not. So 'better safe than sorry' is mostly the guideline.

Bye, A.
                          oki thank you, as i didn't knew that, i just put it like a barbarian! now i just left the links because i didn't managed to modify the size. like this, no more spoiler sorry again! i'll flog myself by penitence.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodthirsteve
                            sorry again! i'll flog myself by penitence.
                            No, please don't!
                            Was no big thing, and how should you know it? I just wanted to tell you before some red-reps you.
                            Don't even wanna know what I did wrong when I was new, and I bet I still make mistakes.

Time for some oldies but goldies:

Bye, A.

Comment

guh! nice, sexy piccys there A

*thunks*
                              sigpic

Comment

Anubis's next victim...

...Anu'ney!! -

sigpic
                                Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                                Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Working...
                                X