No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to wish everyone who posts on this thread a very Merry Xmas and prosperous New Year.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      And McKay is MINE no matter what delusions YOU may have, MajorSam.
      Ok, Shadow, but I'm still in his backpack next to his chocolate and power bars. In that pocket where his hand wanders to on a regular basis.

I love his strong hands that he waves around when he's excitedly explaining some new discovery. Or twiches anxiously when he's backed against a wall and has to give an answer that he isn't positivey sure is correct. Or grips a gun, sure and steady, because he has to, never mind he's a scientist who should be sitting safely behind a computer in a lab somewhere. Or delicately probes the Ancient technology that he's determined to understand down to the last secret. Or when they do that fist slapping, finger snapping thing when he's happy at the discovery of a Zed-PM or relieved to find that he's cheated death once again in the Pegasus Galaxy.

And his wide shoulders that are hunched over a laptop as he desperately tries to find that answer hidden in some Ancient database, or that hauls around all that scientific equipment because who knows what's going to be on this new planet?

And his chin that he tucks into his chest as he tries to hide behind that rock that is oh too small, or is raised just enough to let you know that of course he's right, he's a genius, you should know that.

And the cute little downturn of his mouth with lips that can twist into a sneer, or hang open in dismay, or press tightly together in concentration, or turn up in a wide open grin of delight.

And his voice that prattles on non stop, oblivious of the glazed and rolling eyes around him, or stutters through a lie, or loudly demands immediate attention, like NOW, or squeeks in fear for his life, or snarls in yet another snarky retort, or bubbles in laughter and amusement, or softens into a whisper of wonderment.

And the upturn of his nose that sniffs the air for the fragance of lemon or twitches in irritation at yet another interruption of an on-going study he's trying to complete.

And his large blue eyes that convey so much emotion. Flashing narrowly in defying anger, rounding large in fear, shining in sorrow, widening in dismay, shifting back and forth in confusion, drilling intensely into an opponent's argument, dancing with excitement at yet another answer found.

Uh, yeah...

You know, being new to GateWorld, I didn't know about thunk threads. I was just hanging out in the McKay thread.

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

I'll just sit here in a nice, drooly little puddle. *sigh* Gods, there's lots to love about him, isn;t there? I really think I'm gonna have to go to Gatecon and pray that David is one of the guests.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          I'll just sit here in a nice, drooly little puddle. *sigh* Gods, there's lots to love about him, isn;t there? I really think I'm gonna have to go to Gatecon and pray that David is one of the guests.
          watcher made me drool on my keyboard...

I have to find some more droolworthy pictures then....

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
          Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
          ~CELLO!~
          ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
            I'm wondering if there are any shirtless DH photos laying about anywhere.
            Originally posted by watcher652
            David is shirtless more than one movie. In some, he’s more than shirtless. I don’t know what the age rules are for this board, so I’ll just mention the movies that I know about, with no photo links.

Where the Heart Is (1990)
            Scanners II (1991)
            Joe’s Wedding (1997)
            Century Hotel (2001)
            Nothing (2003)
            Darklight (2004)
            I have to add another movie to the list:

Desire and Hell at Sunset Motel (1992)
            Last edited by watcher652; 05 January 2005, 01:53 PM.

My kind of guy:
            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Just watched "Childhood's End" - Goddess, he's cute even when he's being mean to children.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
              it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
              It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
              And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

mckay is my fav charater i like him more than shpperd and just as much as oniell. i saw the defant one and befor i sleep and the secnes with mckay and shepperd well have you falling to the foor laughing

Comment

In my trolling around the 'net, I found a couple cute pictures at Abydos Gate of David as he posed with a fan at the Nov 2004 London Film and Comic convention. She got 2 photos with him, one looking rather serious and stern while she has a big grin on her face and one with David looking quite comfortable as he rests his head on her shoulder. Luck gal!

Sigh. Why doesn't this kind of thing happen to me? Wah!

My kind of guy:

Comment

In my trolling around the 'net, I found a couple cute pictures at Abydos Gate of David as he posed with a fan at the Nov 2004 London Film and Comic convention. She got 2 photos with him, one looking rather serious and stern while she has a big grin on her face and one with David looking quite comfortable as he rests his head on her shoulder. Luck gal!

Sigh. Why doesn't this kind of thing happen to me? Wah!
                    I know David's a clown when it comes to photos. I have a photo of him from Fu Fest doing the rabbit ears over the head. I did it to him and he did it to me

Comment

I presonally love the scenes in "Redemption" with Carter & crack up every time.
                      McKay is definitly in the top5 of Stargate charachters for me.I really love Hewlett in "Boa vs. Python".Totally sexy,& he really has a paternal concern for his snake "Betty"[her name was Betty,right?].
                      I didn't get the name of the movie,but several weeks ago I was flipping through the channels & got a brief scene of "Robin Givens" hiding in a bathroom & our fella busts in on her,all crazy-eyed,hair sticking out,....a real wacked-out-mess he was.It was definitly him,though.Before I could find out anymore,the danged satellite went out for about an hour.Anybody have a clue as to the movie?I'm not crazy about RG but I'd like to see DH again,even if he did look like he went a round or two with a faulty electrical socket
                      nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

Aw, that's sweet! I asked one of the organizers of a German Convention if they could invite him for next year. I think it would be great to have him in Germany for a con.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                        it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                        It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                        And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Originally posted by nugglebugget
                          I didn't get the name of the movie,but several weeks ago I was flipping through the channels & got a brief scene of "Robin Givens" hiding in a bathroom & our fella busts in on her,all crazy-eyed,hair sticking out,....a real wacked-out-mess he was.It was definitly him,though.Before I could find out anymore,the danged satellite went out for about an hour.Anybody have a clue as to the movie?I'm not crazy about RG but I'd like to see DH again,even if he did look like he went a round or two with a faulty electrical socket
                          That was the 1989 made for TV movie The Penthouse. I don't think it's been ever been released on DVD, only VHS. I can't seem to find this anywhere so try to record it if you can.

That's one of his early movies. He was probably 20 when he did it since it was released in 1989. Ooh, I wish I could see that movie. It was released after "Pin" but before "Where the Heart Is". He must've looked really cute, even if he was supposed to be deranged. Flashing eyes and sneering mouth and all that. Did he have blond hair?

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                            David's a clown when it comes to photos. I have a photo of him from Fu Fest doing the rabbit ears over the head. I did it to him and he did it to me
                            Aw, you got to see him at a Kung Fu convention? Damn, he never came to a convention near me. <Pout>. He should have been going to scifi conventions, he's made plenty of movies that fit the scifi/horror genre. And he likes scifi himself, he would have fit right in. Sheesh, I've seen David Carradine a couple of times at autograph shows (he's rather an odd duck if you ask me, at least at autograph shows). I would have loved to have seen David Hewlett instead.

My kind of guy:

Comment

David has on a dark shirt with stripes of red, white and black. The top 2 or 3 buttons are undone so you can see the red tshirt he has on underneath. Definitely better colors for him than the awful beige uniform the show had him in the first half of the season. Thankfully, it looks like everyone is more casual in the second half and McKay is seen more often in just his blue shirts. It brings out the blue in his eyes.

I think this has been mentioned before, but I wonder why McKay would wear a different uniform than Sheppard and Ford when they travel through the Gate. It makes McKay stand out. Alien cultures may think his different uniform signifies that he’s the leader of his group. Which may please Mckay's ego, but still, McKay certainly doesn't want to be front and center when it comes to danger. He knows that's Sheppard's job.
                              On that note anyone see that other than wearing short blue shirt, he has changed uniform, now has dark grey trousers and matching jacket (which i've only see him wearing in The Defiant One at beginning in the jumper). A friend suggested that since its only him and Weir who have the dark blue stripes on the tshirts (down sides, from underarms) since after 'the storm' that maye he's now 2nd in command or elevated command position somehow. i wondered if it was because he's CSO (chief scientific officer) but Carson as CMO doesn't have the stripes, just plain white.
                              But it's nice him wearing the blue shirt, he looks good in it - wonder if Hewlett asked for change or if its meant to reflect it being summer season on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                                On that note anyone see that other than wearing short blue shirt, he has changed uniform, now has dark grey trousers and matching jacket (which i've only see him wearing in The Defiant One at beginning in the jumper). A friend suggested that since its only him and Weir who have the dark blue stripes on the tshirts (down sides, from underarms) since after 'the storm' that maye he's now 2nd in command or elevated command position somehow. i wondered if it was because he's CSO (chief scientific officer) but Carson as CMO doesn't have the stripes, just plain white.
                                But it's nice him wearing the blue shirt, he looks good in it - wonder if Hewlett asked for change or if its meant to reflect it being summer season on the planet.
                                I guess it's ok to talk about clothing if it isn't spoiler-ish about the episode.

I also noticed McKay wasn’t wearing his beige uniform in The Defiant One. Maybe the show is addressing my concern over his uniform color. Let me sneak a peak at the Sanctuary photos, the team is offworld in that episode, too. Yep, McKay isn’t in beige in this episode either. Good, he’s no longer a walking bull’s eye. Phew!

I don’t think the new shirts McKay and Weir have are any indication of a change in status. What change could it be? Weir is still the overall head of the expedition and McKay is still the head of the science teams.

I think that they all just had a chance to unpack.

I like seeing all the different shirts. Round necked, v-necked, short sleeves, long sleeves, tank tops. McKay and Beckett have short sleeved shirts with stand up collars like mandarin collars. They don’t pull the zipper up all the way but stop below their throats. As heads of their respective areas, I guess they have to look a little different. Although Sheppard is the head of the military teams, he still wears just a standard black t-shirt. But he wasn’t the original head of his area and he’s certainly not one to stand on ceremony. And I don’t think there would be any black shirts with mandarin collars.

Maybe the lack of jackets shows that the habitable sections of Atlantis have finally warmed up after being underwater for so long. Or maybe it is summer in Atlantis.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Working...
                                X