No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I like snarky Rodney, quiet Rodney is nice, too. From Home.

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Good morning!
      Wow, a lot to catch up with!

Originally posted by wordsmit2
      Also, "neighbor" can apply to anyone who lives in the neighborhood. For that matter, maybe they *used* to be neighbors, and since they're not really friends he still refers to her as his neighbor.
      Oh yes, that would make sense.
      Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
      Hammond said that Shep was good at creating surroundings that were not reality so McKay probably did so but to a lesser degree.
      But Sheppard felt that something was wrong, and he created his dream appartment because of that. Rodney didn't notice anything and he seemed to feel at home, so he must have known his appartment. And I think he would also have noticed if it was a place he once used to live in (like Rose said) but not in the time before they left for Atlantis.
      Originally posted by Potions Mistress
      well we did kind of see his room the eppy Duet (for those that have seen the eppy already) and IMO it didn't look all that messy just cluttered
      Atlantean Room Service
      Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
      I'm 24. Which is almost 25, which is nearly 30....right?
      Wow, all this talk about age... I'm 26 now, and I often think "that's nearly 30". But I most certainly don't feel like that. Especially not when I'm here on the board!
      I made the same screencap some months ago and it's still one of my favorites, I look at it a lot. He is so beautiful in this pic (and he looks alomost like a lovely little boy )! Thanks watcher, what a wonderful sight in the morning! *sighs*

Bye, A.
      ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
      ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by smushybird
        I'm certainly inspired to insert something. Got any caps of Sheppard partially clothed and flat on his back?
        Hi smushy!
        Did you see the pic of a partially clothed JF in bed Florence posted in the Shepp thread (post 18625 on page 932 (at least in my settings, hope you'll find it))? It's the best I could find until now that matches your description.

I'd really like to see what you would make of this pic in the McShepp shipper thread!

Yeah, I know, gutter...

Bye, A.
        Last edited by Arlessiar; 06 October 2005, 03:45 AM. Reason: Deleted link

Comment

Rodney with a little dirt. And looking a little lost. From Condemned,

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
            Oh no don't let Rodney see that! We promised to stick to just Rodney in this thread.
            I'm sorry Rodney! I know, this is your thunk thread!
            I'm loyal, really! It was pure conicidence that I visited the JF/JS thread yesterday, I swear!
            Nonetheless, I hope smushy will come up with something for the pic! What can I say, I'm a shipper at heart! (And believe me, I hated ship in every other fandom I liked before, I don't know what converted me...)
            Um you do realise that doesnt always work, it depends on your settings
            Whoops! Sorry!
            Thanks Rose, I didn't notice that before. I deleted the link. But now I'm confused: If everyone can have different settings, than everyone also sees a different amount of page numbers for a thread, right? Is the number of the posting the only way I can refer to? If yes, sorry, because then "page 932" was also nonsense! And my celebration for page 300 and all the other page references for the McKay thread too! OK, now I'm embarrassed. I'll stick to celebrating the number of posts from now on.

Bye, A.
            Last edited by Arlessiar; 06 October 2005, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Well I don't know. The posts are constant so maybe telling the person what post No. I just notice that for me they never work and there are so many different setting options here that you could end up any where.

Comment

O.K now you are all mocking me!

Geez I can't be the oldest in this *Thunk* surely!?! No wonder I get the feeling people don't know what I'm talking about.

So you are all into older men!
                Nah, I'm 33 and 3/4's Though sometimes I wish I was 25 again; had a lot of good times around that age.... Then again, I wouldn't have a cool job and a house of my very own, on my own before now. Eh, but I'm about to give it all up so I can go back to college.... now that's going to be weird.

Comment

Originally posted by strivaria
                  Over 6000 posts? Cool.. lots 'o DH/RM love! Yay us!

Found this while poking around my LJ comm friends listing and though y'all would be interested. There's a question or two regarding Rodney. I got a 14 out of a possible 15.... can you say 'obsessed'?

Atlantis Trivia Quiz
                  8/15 I'm a bad, bad fan

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                  MG - you know it turned out alot harder then it should be to get the commentary on it's own, installed about ten programs before finding one that wasn't limited because of being shareware, and then it still didn't work right and had to use a dvd ripper to shrink/rip backup my dvd with only one audiostream (thankfully the commentary one!) and then use the finally found program! But once I fix my mp3 player I can put the files on it and listen to the commentary on the way to uni. Yay! I bought the dvd for special features and just haven't found the time to listen to all the commentary yet, so hopefully it'll allow me to. Can't miss out on listening to what DH says after all! And all those guys sound so fun based on the first 10 minutes I listened to before.
                  *kisses purpleyin* Thanks you so much!! *does the happy dance*

Originally posted by PartyLikeIts1984
                  I'll be 19 in January.
                  I'm only 17 and the youngest in this thread!! Yippy!

sigpic
                  Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                  Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                    Oh yes, that would make sense.
                    But Sheppard felt that something was wrong, and he created his dream appartment because of that. Rodney didn't notice anything and he seemed to feel at home, so he must have known his appartment. And I think he would also have noticed if it was a place he once used to live in (like Rose said) but not in the time before they left for Atlantis.
                    Well, I can't imagine he'd have left his apartment that way, knowing he may never come back to it, even if he is a slob... there's the health hazard of open bags of chips attracting rats and mice for one. What we saw was probably how he normally kept the apt. and he didn't think anything of it because that's what he was used to and, in his excitement to be back on Earth, didn't question it.

And to make up for a non DH/RM related post.... clones!

Yeah, it's an old pic.. but still.. 3 Rodney's for the price of 1!

Comment

Older men are more attractive

See?

sigpic
                      Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                      Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

And to make up for a non DH/RM related post.... clones!

http://home.earthlink.net/~mauka_mak...ay_clones3.jpg

Yeah, it's an old pic.. but still.. 3 Rodney's for the price of 1!
                        Ooh, I LOVE this pic! 3 Rodneys in one - wow, very creative and very uh hot!

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                        Damn right! I love older men... and I adore Rodney. I love the blue eyes in this one!

But I don't really think he's that old... I mean he's only 37 - that's not old!

Here's a Rodney pic from Conversion... he has this half smile thing going and I just love this...

You know I was reading the David Hewlett answering 55 questions interview on the German sci-fi board and I notice he jokes about his receeding hairline... but I think his hair is really cute!!!

But maybe it's just his lashes I love...

Take care all,
                        Alex

Comment

Well, I can't imagine he'd have left his apartment that way, knowing he may never come back to it, even if he is a slob...
                          I also wondered about the state his appartment was in when he "came back". I just thought "Oh no, the poor plants!"
                          I would never leave my house/flat this way. But - he's single, he's a scientist, he's a geek, so...
                          Originally posted by mcalex22
                          Damn right! I love older men...
                          Me too. OK, not in real life maybe, my bf is a year younger than me, but all my crushes have been on older men since I was a teenager. Mike Mills (from R.E.M.), Viggo Mortensen, and now DH...
                          Originally posted by mcalex22
                          But maybe it's just his lashes I love...
                          http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...n/Conver21.jpg
                          I most certainly do! But I guess you knew that already, right?
                          Love this pic, thanks a lot! *thunk*

I won't be here for a few hours, see you later!

Bye, A.
                          Last edited by Arlessiar; 06 October 2005, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                            I'm only 17 and the youngest in this thread!! Yippy!
                            Sorry to spoil your fun MG but I'm a bit younger than that I'll be 15 on 26th October so you'll have to let me have Rodney for the day I promise to be nice to him *smiles innocently*

Comment

uh-oh, rodney seems to be all tied up what to do, what to do

sigpic

Comment

O.K now you are all mocking me!

Geez I can't be the oldest in this *Thunk* surely!?! No wonder I get the feeling people don't know what I'm talking about.

Actually, I'm 40. That means I'm into *younger* men. <insert evil smirk here>

Comment

Working...
                                X