Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lucylou
    His Superman line in The Storm was really cute too.
    Here's the exact quote from The Storm

I will try, but despite what you all may think, I am not Superman.

In that same vein, another line I love is from Suspicion

How could I possibly know that? What am I, Answer Man?

I have lots more but I don't want to be greedy. Maybe I'll do one a day if the quote hasn't been cited by someone else. We only have 10 episodes to work with (well, some of us, anyway), but McKay has great lines.

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

I couldn't possibly narrow it down to only one, although I must say I am very fond of the "This may as well say Bing tiddle tiddle bong" from Home. All in the delivery.

I think it would be easier to list the lines I didn't like, and that'd be a pretty short list then. Basically the only ones that come to mind are the Kirk references.

DH even makes the "techno-babble" interesting to listen to, and that's saying something.
      Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Personal favorite McKay lines:

From Redemption(SG1);"Hey, Anubis, this is your agent.You're playing it way over the top. Can we get real here:" With Carter in the hospital ward," Wan't me to hold anything?"
        Rising(Atlantis) "Using power, using power, using power."
        Hide and Seek,"O.K., shut up, I'm thinking." "I never used to(believe in ghosts),then I learned about things called the Wraith that suck the life out of you with their hands. What the hell is that?" "All I know is that flying darkness that eats energy can only be very, very bad."
        Suspicion: The whole infirmey scene where he couldn't move his mouth.
        Childhoods End: "This thing must be using an older version of windows"
        Underground: "Palm readings." "If people could only learn to keep their secret underground bunkers, locked."
        Home The whole bing tiddle tiddle bog line. and of course,"It's like looking at a cell culture and seeing a thousand dancing hampsters." (It's nice to know someone saw us.)

Comment

Re dancing hamster's entry

Huh, there's goes my suggestion to resist posting more than one quote per day to give others a chance to have some fun. Oh well...

Originally posted by liv
          DH even makes the "techno-babble" interesting to listen to, and that's saying something.
          David is a scifi fan, so he actually understands his technobabble. I'm just waiting for a Doctor Who reference some day. That would be so cool.

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by lucylou
            I have never posted on the forums before so where better to post my first ever message than here in the McKay thunk thread.

I have to agree with everyone who has said that McKay is utterly adorable. He is. When he was in SG1 I wasn't really sure about the character but since seeing him on Atlantis he has become one of my favourites. I love the way that David Hewlett can play such a sarcastic, witty and arrogant character and yet somehow make it clear to the audience at the same time that underneath it all there is a somewhat insecure, lonely and vulnerable person who would sacrifice his life for his colleagues and who cares about them. David has a face that can convey so much emotion and portray so many expressions and he is just so cute. He has lovely eyes and arms too hehe.

Lucy
            Welcome to Gateworld Lucy, and that was, IMO, a very accurate analysis of McKay. Awww.... lonely and vulnerable.... needs some huggin'!

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
              Re dancing hamster's entry

Huh, there's goes my suggestion to resist posting more than one quote per day to give others a chance to have some fun. Oh well...
              I laud the enthusiasm... for a while there I didn't think anyone else was going to post any Rodney lines. Feel free to post some more... If there's one thing Rodney is good at it is talking a lot very fast...

David is a scifi fan, so he actually understands his technobabble. I'm just waiting for a Doctor Who reference some day. That would be so cool.
              That would be fun... something like "Exterminate, exterminate" perhaps when the Wraiths make their appearance?
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                I laud the enthusiasm... for a while there I didn't think anyone else was going to post any Rodney lines. Feel free to post some more... If there's one thing Rodney is good at it is talking a lot very fast...

That would be fun... something like "Exterminate, exterminate" perhaps when the Wraiths make their appearance?
                deary me - I wanted to read this thread, honestly...but it was more like I snickered my way through it because it's so darn funny. There I was thinking I can possibly be the only one who really loves dear old Rodney...

I'll wait patiently for the Dr Who references

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                ~CELLO!~
                ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  Flanigan is generally too hero-y for me.

I prefer my men a bit more geeky. I want brains to match the buff.
                  Ah, I do *so* wholeheartedly agree!
                  I just went to become a Harem member.....I didn't even know it existed until I read your sig....

*sigh*

~CELLO!~

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                    And this one....hehehe I couldn't resist...I thought of Shadow IMMEDIATELY!! ...
                    A Night Out with Shadow
                    Looks like you might have met your match Shadow!!!

Comment

Needs some huggin'? Form a queue - I'm first....

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty McHarriet
                        Needs some huggin'? Form a queue - I'm first....
                        Well, Tame's photo doesn't *quite* look like David wants some hugging...

~CELLO!~

Comment

Mmm... makes ME wanna hug him, though. Assuming I can make it past that big katana of his.

LOVED Nothing. Great movie. Dave is practically polar opposite of McKay, but they do both have a similar arrogance and manic tendencies.

Comment

Mmm... makes ME wanna hug him, though. Assuming I can make it past that big katana of his.

LOVED Nothing. Great movie. Dave is practically polar opposite of McKay, but they do both have a similar arrogance and manic tendencies.
                            Then you have the same weird kind of prefernces that I have...maybe if I hold the katana...?

~CELLO!~

Comment

Originally posted by Iskandra
                              Then you have the same weird kind of prefernces that I have...maybe if I hold the katana...?
                              No way, Dave's katana is MINE.

I never learned how to share.

Comment

No way, Dave's katana is MINE.

I never learned how to share.
                                Ah, you can have it back...afterwards.....

~CELLO!~

Comment

Working...
                                X