Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by watcher652
    Wait, ShadowMaat, didn't you once say that computer dvd players don't have the region encoding? I'm so technologically backward, I'm sure Mckay would just ignore me completely...
    Comps will allow you a limited number of region changes, so yes, you can watch an other-region DVD on your comp... the first few times, then you're back to square one. Dunno what happens if you rip it to your hard drive. If it's in PAL format, you have to be careful because it might cause glitches, but it might be worth looking into. Or you could wait forever for it to come out in Region 1.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Comps will allow you a limited number of region changes, so yes, you can watch an other-region DVD on your comp... the first few times, then you're back to square one. Dunno what happens if you rip it to your hard drive. If it's in PAL format, you have to be careful because it might cause glitches, but it might be worth looking into. Or you could wait forever for it to come out in Region 1.
      PAL formatting applies to DVDs too, not just VCR tapes? Gah, this is so complicated! I just want to watch David's films, for goodness sake. Why does the stupid marketing world have to make it so hard?

And hey, marketing world, why aren't you marketing Scanners II on DVD, hmm? Your lead actor in the movie is a main character on a prime time TV show. You can be making some money here.

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by CultTVGirl
        I spent that whole movie going "Where's David then?" It kind of distracted me from the plot a little, so I was glad when he showed up. And I agree - I wish he'd had a bigger role in the film.
        I'm also very very fond of Jeremy Northam (the main reason why I saw it in the first place)... he's brilliant in it and amazing peformance by him also. But I was also waiting for David Hewlett to make his appearance after I read somewhere that he was going to be in it.
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
          I think it's actually quite funny how in real life he is in fact a computer geek who is an entrepeneur of his own computer company and everything....
          Here's another article about David's computer skills. This was back in 1998 when he was in the series "Traders".

If you go to the Cube or Treed Murray (Get Down) official movie sites, you can see some of Darkyl Media's work.

edit -> You may want to have the sound down, or your headset on when you visit the Treed Murray site. There's some language from the movie that you may not want shouted from your computer for others to hear.

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

I Love David He is AWESOME as Mckay The Main ( well pretty much only )reason I watch
            Still Left hanging here while he was being held captive and STABBED!! Thats just not right to leave us hanging from Novermber until JANUARY!![FONT=Century Gothic]I Love David
            MJ
            JKKsEuroDobermans
            JKksDobermans.com

Comment

Since the thread was talking about "developing" McKay and I have some free time:

McKay: Task, Emotional, or Defiant Leader or Scapegoat?
              We used to work this on the SG1 team. The simplified categories are:

Task Leader: He/She defines the mission and keeps people on task
              Emotional Leader: most likeable person on the team
              Defiant Leader: Does his own thing
              Scapegoat: Goofball and/or Oddball

Every team member’s personality overlaps, and in placing McKay, I first excluded him from emotional and defiant leaders. His mouth is defiant but he never loses sight of the goal, unless fear overcomes him. He’s getting braver with every episode. I suppose if you expand the definition of defiant you could place him there because of his attitude.

As the scapegoat he might be the oddball although some might stretch it to goofball if they don’t like him. I always thought of the task leader as the official leader, the Sheppard of the team but not necessarily so because we can place McKay there also along with Sheppard. Shep seems very likeable along with Teyla, generally, so could also be considered an emotional leader. And Ford…well, he is so undefined/underdeveloped yet as a character. I haven’t seen the second half of the season so no telling if that’s changed. I would put him in the task leader category but he hasn’t had much to do. He is young and the oldsters have first try at being in charge.

One thing I like about McKay is that his personality is not one-sided, a little more complicated.

Comment

So what's everyone's favourite Rodney McKay line so far...

Let's get the ball rolling...

McKay: I'm just seeing what this baby can do...
                Fellow Scientist: Did you just say "this baby"?
                McKay: This is perfectly appropriate space pilot parlance
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I Didn't FAINT I passed out from Manly Hunger
                  yes that is my favorite
                  MJ
                  JKKsEuroDobermans
                  JKksDobermans.com

Comment

there are so many I like its hard to choose but:

You know, if people could just learn to keep their secret underground hatches locked . . .

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                    Spoiler:

Comment

I haven't seen past The Storm, so the first one that pops into my head has got to be the line from Thirty-Eight Minutes:

I apologize for being the only person who truly comprehends how screwed we are!

I think I have that right. Or was it "totally screwed"?

How I wish I knew enough of anything to actually be able to use that line some day.

My kind of guy:

Comment

One of my personal favorites is from Childhood's End:

I'm sorry. Yes. Energy field, good.

Allison

Comment

I think my favourite line is from hide and seek.

McKay: *Grinning* I'm invulnerable!
                          Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
                          McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

Comment

Hi....I been lurking for sometime and just saw this thread. It's about time that Rodney got a thunk thread of his own. He is definately the best thing about Atlantis and I can't believe that I'm saying that. When I heard that McKay was going to be on Atlantis, all I said was "Oh no, please not McKay. I can't stand him!" Well, has my tuned changed. I love McKay and I love what David Hewlett has done with him. How he can make someone so arrogant and smugly snarky and actually make him so loveable at the same time is a tribute to his talent as an actor.

I've been reading the spoilers for the upcoming episodes and I can't wait for Jan. 21 and the new episodes. Only five more weeks to go!

Comment

While Hewlett isn't quite in the same "thunk" dept. (for me) as Flanigan, he certainly does deserve his own thunk thread. He has grown on me since SGA started and, who knows, maybe I'll be corrupted.

Besides, there is no law against multi-thunking!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Flanigan is generally too hero-y for me.

I prefer my men a bit more geeky. I want brains to match the buff.

Comment

Working...
                                X