No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although He's not exacly my fav charecter, I do like him a lot better than on SG-1.
    *Rachel Luttrel* "Where are the bathrooms on Atlantis?" Now what the heck kinda question is that?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Because it IS amusing when he gets hurt??
      It's not amusing when he got hurt in The Storm. It was quite savage actually.

BYE
      "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
        Go over to the episode thread for The Eye. They're talking about it without the spoiler tags. I'm sure McKay must get a mention there!

aw, he's a hero!!!! good for him.
        Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
          It's not amusing when he got hurt in The Storm. It was quite savage actually.

BYE
          yeah, it was torture. and it nearly broke my heart when he said to elizabeth 'i tried not to tell them'.

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
            yeah, it was torture. and it nearly broke my heart when he said to elizabeth 'i tried not to tell them'.
            Mine, too. Especially when he didn't want to tell the anything and they put pressure on it. I hope he does have any problems with the arm later on in the series as a results of the wound.

Comment

Funny guy and good actor. I think he is good and will eventually end up like a scientific Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by WraithWarrior
                Funny guy and good actor. I think he is good and will eventually end up like a scientific Daniel

you mean every single one of his girlfriends will turn out to be a Gou'ald? bad news for us McKay/Weir shippers then. I think he's too spiky to be compared to Daniel...and he doesn't have the same dreamy good looks, although the more i see of him, the better looking I think he is. I notice he seems to have been working out lately...there's definite pecs there.

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                  you mean every single one of his girlfriends will turn out to be a Gou'ald? bad news for us McKay/Weir shippers then. I think he's too spiky to be compared to Daniel...and he doesn't have the same dreamy good looks, although the more i see of him, the better looking I think he is. I notice he seems to have been working out lately...there's definite pecs there.
                  I noticed that too. Him working out that is. Seeing McKay on SG1 he looks quite thin. Then at the beginning of SGA he looked a little more fleshy. Now he looks more toned. I like the toned version. Actually I'd take any version of Rodney! He's a cutie. Danny does have the dreamy good looks thing. Him, Jack, Shephard...they all have that "I'm the star of the show" drop dead good looking thing going on. But Hewlett/McKay-his looks are more subtle. They cause you to do a double take. And the more you look, the more dreamy he is. I think it's like the character of McKay. First glance - he's a geek w/ an attitude. But you take a second look and you see his loyalty to his friends. Another look you see he'd risk his life to save some one else. So many layers.
                  "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
                  "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
                  Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
                  Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
                  "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
                  Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
                  Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
                  (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

And in the new episodes, he'll be wearing a t-shirt more often.
                    I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

Originally posted by ra-hanna
                      I noticed that too. Him working out that is. Seeing McKay on SG1 he looks quite thin. Then at the beginning of SGA he looked a little more fleshy. Now he looks more toned. I like the toned version. Actually I'd take any version of Rodney! He's a cutie.
                      You know, I was wondering if he didn't gain some weight for the character. He is supposed to be a lab-centric civilian scientist. Daniel Jackson is the civilian scientist on SG-1, but his field required him go out and do something physical (I'm just guessing he was at the archaeological sites). McKay is an astrophysist. He didn't go running around the stars before he worked on the Stargate project. It makes sense that he would be looking "fitter" after all the physical things McKay has to do now. Like running for his life every other episode.

David looked very fit in both "Boa vs Python" and "Darklight". I think they were done right before Atlantis.

My kind of guy:
                      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                        You know, I was wondering if he didn't gain some weight for the character. He is supposed to be a lab-centric civilian scientist. Daniel Jackson is the civilian scientist on SG-1, but his field required him go out and do something physical (I'm just guessing he was at the archaeological sites). McKay is an astrophysist. He didn't go running around the stars before he worked on the Stargate project. It makes sense that he would be looking "fitter" after all the physical things McKay has to do now. Like running for his life every other episode.

David looked very fit in both "Boa vs Python" and "Darklight". I think they were done right before Atlantis.
                        Running for you life would cause a little extra muscle to come through. Of course that and food rations running low and maybe not having 11 cups of coffee to drink. His fair share of course.

Speaking of rodney......

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/gr.../mckay01.shtml
                        "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
                        "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
                        Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
                        Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
                        "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
                        Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
                        Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
                        (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Frankly, i dont find his character to be that interesting. he is arrogant and not in a lovable way. He was a jerk from the get go with Dr. Carter and he may have had a crush but that was just it, a crush. My feeling is, why should women of power have to eventually yield to pathetic come on's by intellectually stunted guys like him?

He may be equal for Atlantis, but he'll never be equal for Stargate.

TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Because, as I said on the other thread you started to bash the show, your opinion is just that: AN OPINION and the rest of the world does not have to share it... and quite obviously, they don't.

I, for one, think McKay is a great character, even with the arrogance and snarky attitude. I think he's brilliant and funny and wonderful and I think there's a lot more going on with him than SOME are willing to believe. I see depth behind the shallow exterior. It could be a misapprehension on my part, but it's one I'm happy to have until it's proven otherwise.

I may not be a supergenius, but I do consider myself to be at least reasonably intelligent and if he were to ask, I would absolutely go on a date with McKay. So there.

Comment

If he asked, I would marry McKay!

ahem...in my fantasy world.
                              I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                                Frankly, i dont find his character to be that interesting. he is arrogant and not in a lovable way. He was a jerk from the get go with Dr. Carter and he may have had a crush but that was just it, a crush. My feeling is, why should women of power have to eventually yield to pathetic come on's by intellectually stunted guys like him?

He may be equal for Atlantis, but he'll never be equal for Stargate.
                                Wow, that's harsh. Intellectually stunted? What program have you been watching?

I give you that McKay was portrayed as a jerk in his first appearance on SG-1, but you can see he changed from his first appearance to his second on the show. Even Carter noticed, that's what the kiss was for. And no, it wasn't the "everybody who Carter kisses dies" curse she was giving him. Your "woman of power" saw the man behind the arrogant front.

And since the same people who produce Stargate are the ones who are doing Atlantis, are you saying that the production staff doesn't know what they're doing on the new show? I think not. I think they know exactly what they want. And what we want.

And that's more McKay!

My kind of guy:
                                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                                (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Working...
                                X