No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going back to the whole: McKay doesn't stutter thing...and applying it to The Eye..:

Spoiler:
    When Rodney stepped in front of Wier, and did his extemely bad bluff, he was stammering ALOT. Not exactly stuttering, i suppose there definetly is a difference, but him being a bad liar definetly made him stammer. LOVED this episode by the way, can't wait for the other new ones!
    I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

Damn, not being able to talk about McKay for 2 more months is depressing. Ok, I know the rest of the world has this problem with other stuff, but it doesn't make me feel any better. I'm still feeling McKay deprived. I have to rewatch all the other 10 episodes again. I should be able to recite all the dialog by the time January rolls around.

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
        Damn, not being able to talk about McKay for 2 more months is depressing. Ok, I know the rest of the world has this problem with other stuff, but it doesn't make me feel any better. I'm still feeling McKay deprived. I have to rewatch all the other 10 episodes again. I should be able to recite all the dialog by the time January rolls around.
        I could recite quite a few good lines McKay had from Children's End, after having seen it over 10 times in a week...
        Spoiler:

Anywhoo, yeah... McKay seems to be coming into his own in SGA. Having seen The Eye, I can attest to that.
        Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
          I could recite quite a few good lines McKay had from Children's End, after having seen it over 10 times in a week...
          Try the technobabble speech he has in "Home" as he walks down the corridor. You'd be really good if you can do that one! Of course, you'd have to pause as the other person says the few words that give Rodney a break. And don't forget that finger-snapping, fist-clapping thing he does at the end (which he did in "Childhood's End" about the same subject).

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

David Hewlett was so amazing in The Eye, I just had to write down a little something here. Well, he's always great, but I really was impressed with him in this episode.

Spoilers for The Eye:

Spoiler:
            I practically cheered aloud when he stood up to Kolya, and then pointed out that he, in addition to Weir, was important as well. That goes without saying I think.
            He says he isn't brave (when Kolya is holding him over the railing) but that's not true. Bravery is being terrified of something yet somehow finding the courage to do it anyway. And he did that. Several times. Yay Rodney!
            And, David Hewlett has a very expressive face. Very convincing acting throughout the episode.
            Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
              David Hewlett was so amazing in The Eye,
              Auugh!

Well, I know other countries have to say that at times. I'm trying to be patient. I don't do patient very well.

And that comment about David? I would have expected nothing less.

My kind of guy:

Comment

We just got Suspicion in the UK last night and I have to say that McKay is just wonderful in this episode. The way he keeps standing up for doing the right thing, and
                Spoiler:
                the way he stands up to that security guy when he brings in that bag of Teyla's stuff. Mckay may have his faults but he is utterly loyal to his team
                Last edited by GateGipsy; 10 November 2004, 04:20 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah, the more i see of McKay in Atlantis, the more I like him. I was cheering him last night whenhe demanded they go back for Teyla and Ford, and when he found the locket, it was great he went to Sheppard, and not the security guy (who was so much of a stereotype I can't even remember his name).

Generally, I love the banter between him and Beckett, and I like the friendship he's developing with Elizabeth
                  Spoiler:
                  like in the storm, when he volunteers Sheppard to do two control panels, cos he was talking to Elizabeth and she's hurt her knee
                  . i think it's fair to say Carson Beckett and Rodney Mackay are my two favourite characters now.
                  Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

I do agree on that. He has improved since we first saw him in SG-1's 48-hours. By the end of this season, I may even move him up to a regular "OK, I like the dude" chart.
                    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

McKay is my fav thing about Atlantis. He has some great stuff in The Eye.

BYE
                      "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
                        McKay is my fav thing about Atlantis. He has some great stuff in The Eye.
                        Okay, I so need to see The Eye. Like now. How many more episodes to go?

Loved Rodney in "Suspicion" last night. He does seem to care a lot about his team-mates. He was being all brave, not wanting to leave Ford and Teyla behind and then wanting to go back for them. Bless!

It would be nice if they showed him the same consideration though. Just why does everyone think it's so amusing when Rodney gets hurt anyway?
                        "Never give up! Never surrender!" - Galaxy Quest

Comment

okay, what, exactly, does he do in the eye? details, please. i can't wait that long to find out!

Comment

Originally posted by CultTVGirl
                            Just why does everyone think it's so amusing when Rodney gets hurt anyway?
                            Because it IS amusing when he gets hurt?? Still, it does seem as if people don't care as mcuh about him as he cares about them. Poor Wodney. It's probably the story of his life.

Comment

well, he does seem to get hurt in amusing ways, like being shot in the mouth, and then lying on the bed drooling. he is sort of the comedy foil at the moment, though i love it when he has brief shining moments of heroism.

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                                okay, what, exactly, does he do in the eye? details, please. i can't wait that long to find out!
                                Go over to the episode thread for The Eye. They're talking about it without the spoiler tags. I'm sure McKay must get a mention there!

My kind of guy:

Comment

Working...
                                X