No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might ask mazzmatazz to make a bald mckay (She already has that blue McKay)
    Unless one of you want to make it?

sigpic
    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

McKay's girl, here's a pink Rodney, while you wait for a bald one. Gee, almost to 1000 posts. You must be very happy. I know I am.

Now be nice, or I'll show you what I did to Rodney's cat. Muhaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
        McKay's girl, here's a pink Rodney, while you wait for a bald one. Gee, almost to 1000 posts. You must be very happy. I know I am.

Now be nice, or I'll show you what I did to Rodney's cat. Muhaha!
        roflmao!! btw, I've already done rodney's cat!

funnily enough i just spent the best part of the afternoon changing face and hair colours of my freinds pics! they loved it! i might just do a green haired mckay
        wait right here!

sigpic

Comment

*eagerly awaits the promised master creations*

Comment

All done!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
              roflmao!! btw, I've already done rodney's cat!

funnily enough i just spent the best part of the afternoon changing face and hair colours of my freinds pics! they loved it! i might just do a green haired mckay
              wait right here!
              Not the way I've done Rodney's cat.

I have no idea who the bird belongs to.....probably Rodney's neighbor.

Comment

Not the way I've done Rodney's cat.

I have no idea who the bird belongs to.....probably Rodney's neighbor.
                roflol!!!! hehe poor Jane!

would that bird happen to be tweety?

sigpic

Comment

All done!!

this is very Talking Heads... maybe I've been listening to WAY too much 80s music ( what's new)

and lol @ Rodney's Cat... poor kitten! *in silly voice* Kitten will kill da birdie when it gets out. Kill!

Comment

Talking Heads?

And yes, Rodney's cat will kill the birdy! But Tweetys really smart so maybe he wont

sigpic

Comment

Tweeties are not smart despite popular mass media representation! I found my cat sitting on a window sill CHIRPING (I kid u not!) Evidently lurring the birds toward his evil trap! (either that, or he thought he was a bird....)

Anywho, cats will rule da werld and take huumans as slaves and kill all those who are insolent! Like that birdie!
                      Die birdie die!

Comment

Originally posted by Ashta
                        Tweeties are not smart despite popular mass media representation! I found my cat sitting on a window sill CHIRPING (I kid u not!) Evidently lurring the birds toward his evil trap! (either that, or he thought he was a bird....)

Anywho, cats will rule da werld and take huumans as slaves and kill all those who are insolent! Like that birdie!
                        Die birdie die!
                        eep! i never new birdies were so evil! *gets out the shovel* that birdies gunna get it now!! *insert crazy maniacle laughter*
                        and lol @ your cat!! you're giving me funny images now!

btw, the bald rodney's nearly done it looks kinda weird though, i can get the bald skin to look normal

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                          Makes me wonder what the german version of this episode was like, because I've heard McKay's dubbing is very feminine and high pitched whiny.
                          Originally posted by Porthos1013
                          Really, I know I shouldn't be offended by that, and I even told one of my students to take another kid calling him a girl (teasingly, not mean) as a compliment instead of an insult, but that just kind of makes me a little ticked. McKay (and DH, obviously) has a very masculine voice, and while some people *cough*mymom*cough* may consider it too nasally I really like it. It would tick me off to think that somebody in Germany thought it would be funny to give McKay a feminine voice as some sort of comic relief, because it cheapens the character! (Although, if they just couldn't get anyone else who could say the lines as fast as DH, I'd be willing to forgive that. )
                          Until now I have only been writing in the McKay/DH thread and have only been lurking here, but I couldn't resist this topic!
                          I'm German, and last Wednesday the final part of the first season premiered here. I have seen all epsiodes in German and English now, and I have to say that I like McKay in both versions. Of course his original voice is "the real thing" and having the choice I prefer watching the original version.
                          But the dubbing isn't really that bad, quite the opposite. OK, it's really, really sad that the accents of Beckett and Zelenka are lost (one reason why I like watching the original), but the dubbing of McKay fits his character. Yes, the voice is higher, but definitely not too high and not whiny. In no way I would call it feminine. They used the same voice they use for McKay also for Brad Pitt in Interview with the vampire.
                          And yes, the actor who speaks McKay is able to talk as fast as DH, and he also does his slightly arrogant and snarky comments perfectly.
                          I hope I could ease your fears, Porthos, I really don't think the German dubbing cheapens the character. Judging from the reactions in the German SG newsgroup, on boards and in fanfic, McKay is already and definitely one of the most popular SG characters over here! So I guess the dubbing is okay!

It may take some time, but maybe I can manage to give you some examples of McKay's german voice in the near future. I asked someone to create some sound files, and he said he might try it. I'll post a message then where to find them.

Bye, A.
                          ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                          ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

lol! I am actually hanging out for this bald rodney pic. It's like 3:30am, man this is bad! I have an addiction to Thunk.

*hangs head*

and yes! Die evil birdie die!!!!

Comment

I might ask mazzmatazz to make a bald mckay (She already has that blue McKay)
                              Unless one of you want to make it?
                              Noooooooo! Don't take his hair! I don't want to try myself - too difficult and I don't think I want to see that photomanip (the punk Carson looked too weird with nearly no hair)
                              Now that looks like something from a fic tale of a prank gone wrong...or right!
                              BTW mazzmatazz knows how to rotate sigs, you can ask her
                              Yeah, there are a few people on the forums who do it. So far I've found one way (googling for it) that's fairly simple except you need webspace and a host with php (luckily I have some just recently and wouldn't mind sharing it for this purpose provided rotating sigs don't use up too much bandwith per day.).
                              Details Here
                              I could only find these sorts of solutions because html is turned off here - they all seem to be using webspace and php or perl.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                                but I couldn't resist this topic!
                                I'm German, and last Wednesday the final part of the first season premiered here. I have seen all epsiodes in German and English now, and I have to say that I like McKay in both versions. Of course his original voice is "the real thing" and having the choice I prefer watching the original version.
                                But the dubbing isn't really that bad, quite the opposite. OK, it's really, really sad that the accents of Beckett and Zelenka are lost (one reason why I like watching the original), but the dubbing of McKay fits his character. Yes, the voice is higher, but definitely not too high and not whiny. In no way I would call it feminine. They used the same voice they use for McKay also for Brad Pitt in Interview with the vampire.
                                And yes, the actor who speaks McKay is able to talk as fast as DH, and he also does his slightly arrogant and snarky comments perfectly.
                                I hope I could ease your fears, Porthos, I really don't think the German dubbing cheapens the character. Judging from the reactions in the German SG newsgroup, on boards and in fanfic, McKay is already and definitely one of the most popular SG characters over here! So I guess the dubbing is okay!

It may take some time, but maybe I can manage to give you some examples of McKay's german voice in the near future. I asked someone to create some sound files, and he said he might try it. I'll post a message then where to find them.
                                That's so good to hear! I was also worried about the high pitched thing too! It's nice to have the reassurace that sometimes, dubbing isn't badly cast. If he's doing a good job, my proverbial hat is off to him.

and p.s. I like ur sig. I know how it feels!

Comment

Working...
                                X