Here's the fic -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3964207...ween-the-Lines

It's work-safe, FYI
    My Fanfiction - http://archiveofourown.org/works/sea...icted%5D=false

Comment

I still haven't found my disc!!!

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
      We shall continue then

Anyhoo...just over half an hour before Week 1 of the rewatch is over for me, and I managed to rectify my lack of Rising icons

<snipped to save space>
      Great icons! Every last one of them!!!

Originally posted by Cil View Post
      So sorry! I watched Rising yesterday, but I didn’t really have the time to post yesterday.

Oh I always love it when Beckett has to sit in the chair! He always looks so scared.
      Me too!

God, that picture is so adorable!!
      Made so only by David's adorableness.

Here I must respectfully disagree. For me there could never be enough McKay and I felt like in the first season he didn’t get as much screentime as he (in my opinion) should have.
      Agreed! Hated it when an episode was McKay light.

I actually liked Brainstorm too. I’m probably one of the only ones who doesn’t hate the McKeller relationship. (I don’t love it either, but I’m okay with it.) I do admit it definitely could have been better written, but in general I found it rather cute. But yes in Brainstorm Keller can be a bit annoying (otherwise I don’t feel strongly against her character).
      I like McKeller too. More than I liked McBrown. I only liked that one because me and her have the same first name so I got to hear Rodney/David say my name.

Originally posted by Gwen1984 View Post
      I'm watching Rising right now! Rodney thoughts/observations (plus a few random ones),

2. Peter!!
      Loved Peter!

4. I know I'm in the minority here, but I do not like the orange fleece.

7. I still love that theme song...
      THIS!

8. Please allow me a moment to fangirl over John and Jack.
      Jack for me. Not there is nothing wrong with John.

12. I wish he could have kept the cat... And I love the red shirts he is wearing.
      So do I...on both parts.

16. His condensation to Colonel Sumner. Normally I would be upset, but Sumner deserved it.
      Isn't that water?

17. "Using power..."
      OMG I love that scene! His face the whole time he's saying it!

12. Me too...In the Legacy books by Fandemonium he gets a cat and takes it to Atlantis
      SPOILER!!! ...for those who haven't read the book.

21. "Well there goes that MALP."
      Loved this line!

Hide and Seek![*]Rodney saves the day!!!
      What an awesome scene that was!
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
        Isn't that water?
        Yes...condescending is what I meant to write... I don't know what happened

Comment

Yes...condescending is what I meant to write... I don't know what happened
          I figured that's what you meant. I'm sorry, I couldn't help pointing it out as I found it funny.
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

Thirty-Eight Minutes! I'll admit, it will be strange to watch this from a Rodney perspective, not a shippy or John perspective.
            1. One thing I love about Atlantis is the pretty space locations. Less green trees!
            2. Giant big! *shudder* I don't like this episode for that reason.
            3. John and Rodney HAD to have had a friendship pre-show. The amount of caring Rodney has for John is strong.
            4. Stargate shrank...LOL!
            5. I'm sorry, but I laughed when he said to Teyla "Give me a hand" and then grabbed all that was visible of Ford: Ford's hand.
            6. Oh Ford, eventually you will learn to trust Rodney's brilliance.
            7. Giant crater of Doom!!
            8. That insect buzzing is annoying...
            9. Assemble the Scientists!
            10. Just a medical scientist? Oh, Carson, don't let Rodney's teasing get to you!
            11. Rodney is left-handed? Why did I never notice that before?
            12. Ok, John is good at shutting down Rodney's panic. Kinda harsh though.
            13. How, exactly, does John plan on helping Rodney?
            14. Elizabeth shut Kavanaugh down! HA!
            15. Rodney and food...again.
            16. I kind of get the feeling that Ford doesn't really like Rodney yet.
            17. What is the bug feeding on? Blood? Days of John's life instead of years?
            18. When he mentioned death by suffocation with that thing on his face, he made me think of Alien.
            19. Rodney doesn't consider it a success until he knows John is okay. Aww...
            20. Hickey, lol.
            21. I wanna know what John was really going to say!

This has never been one of my favorite episodes, but I will admit that it showcased Rodney really well. There were few individual moments to mention, but I think that that is because the whole thing was perfect for him. He was in his element: life-threatening, countdown sciencing.
            On a side note, the scientists brainstorming and Carson's experimenting made me think of Apollo 13.

Comment

Apologies for lack of posts (been away for a few days, thought I'd be back sooner!)

I've watched Hide and Seek, but not Thirty Eight Minutes, so I'll be playing catch-up
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Yeah, and thanks to my (twin) nieces and nephew I discovered a new (to me) video game...on their iPad minis. And I've been playing it a lot. It's called Happy Wheels and it is addictive. Also, it cracks me up sooooo bad. However, if you know the game or check it out you will think I'm a strange one for the game to make me LOL so much.

Are we on to the second disc yet?
                sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

Just checked the schedule:

19 October - Suspicion, Childhood's End

I've always liked Childhood's End
                  sigpic

Comment

Just checked the schedule:
                    There's a schedule?

19 October - Suspicion, Childhood's End
                    They're on disc two, yeah?

I've always liked Childhood's End
                    Me too!
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

Suspicion!
                      1. Poor Rodney. And once again everyone takes a lot of amusement in his situation.
                      2. Foot massage on the table, LOL!
                      3. Why is Elizabeth depending on Bates so much? Isn't John incharge of the military?
                      4. Isn't the plural of wraith "wraith" not "wraiths"?
                      5. Rodney looks guilty at the situation.
                      6. I've never liked Halling, and now I like him even more.
                      7. Rodney and food...yet again.
                      8. Did Zelenka and Rodney know each other well before this?
                      9. The Athosians are exceptionally stubborn.
                      10. Ford is adorable! I wish they had kept him. His enthusiasm was nice.
                      11. I like Teyla's shirt-dress thing. It is a nice change to her normal attire.
                      12. I have never liked Teyla, but her pointedly ignoring Bates is wonderful.
                      13. Are those windows in the corridor that lets the jumpers out?
                      14. Be nice to Ford, John!
                      15. "Failure of imagination."
                      16. Rodney is so faithful to his team!
                      17. Seriously, why is Bates always around?!
                      18. Rodney's excitement at the thought of Ford getting hit by the stunner.
                      19. "Answer Man." Yes, Rodney, you are.
                      20. Action Hero Rodney!
                      21. "Hello Clari--I mean John."

I'm not fond of this episode, but it was nice to see Rodney overcome his nervousness and help the team.

Comment

So...are we going to watch Childhood's End or save it for next week?

Comment

Will try and watch both episodes today at some point...Apologies for being so quiet...I've have the attention span of a gnat this week
                          sigpic

Comment

Hello?
                            Ah well. I'm still doing this so...Childhood's End!
                            1. Rodney's crush on Carter is still strong...
                            2. His smug, condenscending attitude is a change from the previous episodes. It reminded me of SG-1 Rodney
                            3. Children of the Corn without the evil.
                            4. Rodney's annoyance with the children. Heh.
                            5. So, why does nobody stand up to Aries?
                            6. Rodney's assumption that he can just take the ZPM.
                            7. Rodney's willingness to steal is disconcerting.
                            8. Seriously, somebody needs to stand up to Aries!
                            9. Annoying children are annoying.
                            10. Wraith scanning probe ball thing...We never see it again, do we?
                            11. Why did it sound like a dart when it was just a small ball?
                            12. I think in that moment John decided Rodney needs to work out more...

This has never been a favourite episode of mine because of annoying children. Now that I watch it again, added to that it how Rodney acted through most of it. He seemed like SG-1 Rodney until the point that he was trying to fix the device. It really shows the season one problem of trying to change his character.

Comment

Hello?
                              Ah well. I'm still doing this so...Childhood's End!
                              1. Rodney's crush on Carter is still strong...
                              2. His smug, condenscending attitude is a change from the previous episodes. It reminded me of SG-1 Rodney
                              3. Children of the Corn without the evil.
                              4. Rodney's annoyance with the children. Heh.
                              5. So, why does nobody stand up to Aries?
                              6. Rodney's assumption that he can just take the ZPM.
                              7. Rodney's willingness to steal is disconcerting.
                              8. Seriously, somebody needs to stand up to Aries!
                              9. Annoying children are annoying.
                              10. Wraith scanning probe ball thing...We never see it again, do we?
                              11. Why did it sound like a dart when it was just a small ball?
                              12. I think in that moment John decided Rodney needs to work out more...

This has never been a favourite episode of mine because of annoying children. Now that I watch it again, added to that it how Rodney acted through most of it. He seemed like SG-1 Rodney until the point that he was trying to fix the device. It really shows the season one problem of trying to change his character.
                              yes, they are more annoying then the children in Bethesda games. am I right? eh? eh? (extremely nerdy, and specific, gamer joke is met with awkward silence ....)

overall, I agree, this episode was definitely not among my favourite. That wraith scanning sphere is not the first nor last piece of epic wraith tech that is never seen again. The frequent personality changes are also disconcerting. I never noticed them when I first watched the series way back when but, they are starting to get on my nerves.

Comment

Are we continuing the re-watch?

Comment

Working...
                                X