No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm...this is making me want to go back and watch Atlantis. I have not done so in over a year. Longer, actually.
    Going by memory...my favourite McKay episodes have to be The Storm and The Eye. I love how he stands up to Kolya and shows that he really cares about his team/family.

Comment

How about a McKay-themed rewatch?

My faves are still Tao of Rodney and The Shrine
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

A still from Season 1's home:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post

I'd totally be for such a rewatch!

By the way, Tao of Rodney and The Shrine are my favorite McKay episodes too. I also really like Grace under pressure (even though I'm not a big fan of Sam...). It was the first episode I've ever seen and made me watch SGA in the first place.

Comment

The Tao of Rodney was so good! I don't remember The Shrine...

Yeah, a McKay rewatch is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cil View Post

By the way, Tao of Rodney and The Shrine are my favorite McKay episodes too. I also really like Grace under pressure (even though I'm not a big fan of Sam...). It was the first episode I've ever seen and made me watch SGA in the first place.
              I went from loving Sam to disliking her to really liking her again. Grace Under Pressure is brilliant! Trio on the other hand, which everyone seems to love, is not one of my faves, except the end where Rodney gets all heroic

I watched from the start of SGA, but it didn't overtake SG-1 as my fave until season 2

Originally posted by Gwen1984 View Post

You really need to watch The Shrine!! David deserved an award for his acting in that episode. One of the franchise's very best episodes.
              sigpic

Comment

And I said I'd update when David posts pics on twitter!

"Thanks to you amazing Twitter geeks of @Australia I'm celebrating 100k followers...with a #TimtamSlammer of course! "

https://twitter.com/dhewlett/status/646223163752214529

Congrats David!!
                sigpic

Comment

So who's up for this rewatch then?
                  sigpic

Comment

I definitely am!

Comment

So I've been capping some DVDs and I've also been capping the extras...here's some from The Game

I remember laughing out loud at this ep when they visited Rodney's people and we saw all those protraits
                      sigpic

Comment

I went from loving Sam to disliking her to really liking her again. Grace Under Pressure is brilliant! Trio on the other hand, which everyone seems to love, is not one of my faves, except the end where Rodney gets all heroic
                        Ha ha, what did Sam do, for you to stop liking her for a while?
                        I wouldn't say I hate her or anything, I just don't like her very much. Although I do have to say, that I only know her from SGA and the first season of SG-1 so far. (I first watched SGA and started SG-1 just recently.) So maybe it's gonna change at sometime.

About Trio: Well, I really liked that episode as well. Mostly for Rodney of course and yes, the end was great! And I do have to say, that I generally like those kind of episodes where some characters are trapped somewhere and have to find a way to escape.

You really need to watch The Shrine!! David deserved an award for his acting in that episode. One of the franchise's very best episodes.
                        Definitely! I still feel so sorry he didn't win any awards for Atlantis in general. He would so have earned it... And I'm really surprised he didn't get more job offers after the show ended. In my opinion, he was by far the best actor.

Me, definitely!

So I've been capping some DVDs and I've also been capping the extras...here's some from The Game

I remember laughing out loud at this ep when they visited Rodney's people and we saw all those protraits
                        God, I laughed so hard at The Game! It's not my favorite episode in general, but I do like it and I really enjoyed the idea. And especially the beginning was so funny!

Comment

I definitely am!
                          So how will we do it?? An episode a week? Two a week?

Ha ha, what did Sam do, for you to stop liking her for a while?
                          I wouldn't say I hate her or anything, I just don't like her very much. Although I do have to say, that I only know her from SGA and the first season of SG-1 so far. (I first watched SGA and started SG-1 just recently.) So maybe it's gonna change at sometime.
                          For me it was her behaviour in seasons 7 and 8...She just wasn't very 'Cartery' to me!

About Trio: Well, I really liked that episode as well. Mostly for Rodney of course and yes, the end was great! And I do have to say, that I generally like those kind of episodes where some characters are trapped somewhere and have to find a way to escape.
                          I just can't watch the scene in that episode with the kids without dying inside a little...It made Rodney look a bit sick tbh

Definitely! I still feel so sorry he didn't win any awards for Atlantis in general. He would so have earned it... And I'm really surprised he didn't get more job offers after the show ended. In my opinion, he was by far the best actor.
                          I don't think there's a weak actor in the cast, but I'd say that yes, he's the stongest. I don't think he's lacked work, I just think for the most part he's happy as he is. He said himself he took a bit of a break from acting and only started looking for work again recently and in that time he's already had a recurring role on Dark Matter, plus I'd imagine Debug took up a LOT of his time!

Me, definitely!
                          Yay

God, I laughed so hard at The Game! It's not my favorite episode in general, but I do like it and I really enjoyed the idea. And especially the beginning was so funny!
                          Same here, not one of my faves, but I do like it, plus for an NCIS fan it's fun seeing David Dayan Fisher in SG-1
                          sigpic

Comment

So how will we do it?? An episode a week? Two a week?
                            I can do two episodes a week, but I don't know about anybody else.

Comment

I'm a bad Rodney thunker. I've been MIA for a ...few days? Yeah, kinda forgot.

And I seemed to have missed everyone.

The Lady Blue, RodneyisGodney, Replicator Fifth...

I think between the four of us we can resurrect this thread
                              I think you're right!

Originally posted by Replicator Fifth View Post
                              I like your attitude you guys were the greatest contributors to this thread but, I'll help out where I can. Its nice seeing some old Stargate threads becoming active once more!
                              Aww, shucks! Yes, it is a nice thing to see.

Sounds good to me.

Mine too! I also love "McKay and Mrs. Miller".

I'm not a big Sam fan either.

Love Trio!!! adn Heroic Rodney!!! I especially love this part ---> "You could have warned me!" The rope goes slack (because Jennifer let go of the rope) in his hands and he flies backward. I crack up every time I see it!

I watched from the start of SGA, but it didn't overtake SG-1 as my fave until season 2
                              SGA is my fave 'gate show.

He so did!!! And it so is!!!

And I said I'd update when David posts pics on twitter!
                              Congrats David!!
                              Love the pic! WAY TO GO DAVID!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...pskdzxvz06.png
                              OMG...I have been looking for a better version of this pic and here it is! Thank you! Mind if I snurch? I've had an idea for art (maybe a sig) using this pic.

All hail Rodney!!!

I LOL'd too! Loved Sheppard's reactions to all the portraits!

I can do two episodes a week, but I don't know about anybody else.
                              I think I can swing that.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

I love Sam. I loved how strong and smart she was, a real hero to look up to when I was a young woman. Didn't really like that episode though...I've only seen Grace Under Pressure once so maybe a rewatch might change my mind.

Yup been dusting off the old Atlantis box. I loved the Tao of Rodney too. still love Duet though

David is an amazing actor and certain well written episodes help that to shine! I liked all the actors in the Stargate series though, I think their casting directors were really good.

yup!

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/scene00012_zpskdzxvz06.png

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/scene00017_zpsinmknjmz.png

Me too! I loved how it fit his ego! I think thats what I loved about him he could be self absorbed but, was very kind deep down.

Comment

Working...
                                X