Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by watcher652
    So then I had to watch Cube, my only other David movie. Bad mistake. I had forgotten about how gruesome it was. I must have blocked it from my mind. I'm not one for blood and gore at all. And now it's time way beyond the time I should be in bed (it's 2 am!) and I'm totally creeped out. I need to watch an Atlantis episode to calm my nerves. If I can find one in my unlabeled vcr tapes.
    It is a little bloody, isn't it? I bought Cube this weekend, but I watched it in the morning and that was enough for me. It was a really good movie, but I'm happy I didn't watch it late in the evening.

I hope you find a good ep to soothe your nerves to go to bed. Hide and Seek might be a good one since McKay saves the day at the end. It also might make for some nice dreams tonight. Good luck!

Allison

Comment

Originally posted by KUtrekkie
      I hope you find a good ep to soothe your nerves to go to bed. Hide and Seek might be a good one since McKay saves the day at the end. It also might make for some nice dreams tonight. Good luck!
      I don't have time to rewatch a whole episode even if I could find one. I'm going to be dead at work as it is. I just re-listened to his GateWorld interview.

Haha, David is talking about representing Canada! It's so funny, he doesn't sound "Canadian" to me at all, even though he is Canadian. Torri sounds more Canadian, and she's supposed to be an American. David's a great interview, he can really talk.

BTW, I was at a cook-out yesterday, and we discussed SGA briefly. Hasn't it been that only Weir and McKay had appeared in civvies (well, they ARE the civilians)? I don't think Sheppard and Ford have been in civvies, have they?

Oh, he's talking about sucking down those power bars, the one thing he doesn't like about being McKay. I hope he doesn't end up gaining too much weight.

Hey, I forgot they were filming Hide and Seek when he did this interview. Ah, the gene therapy! And the turtle brooch!

The show really needs to have McKay make a Doctor Who reference. "It's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside."

Conventions, David! Do the Conventions! You're a scifi geek, you're one of us! (well, at least conventions are part of my world).

Wow, that's a long interview. Ah, I feel so much better! Thanks, GateWorld!

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

I listen to David's interview often, he is so good at talking and giving interviews! His humouressness (dont think thats a word.. ) makes me smile everytime I listen.
        I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
          I couldn't access that clip either,though,despite the fact it should have loaded.
          Morjana's e-mailing the Site to find out what's up,as it turned out I can access some clips, but not Darklight !
          I tried accessing the site at work with its high speed connection. I can't get any of the movies to load.

I wanted to see if any of their links worked so I checked out the staff page. I saw the name Ken Olandt as Co-Founder and President of the Promotional Services Division. His name sounded really familar and the guy looked familiar, too. Unlike the other staff members, his photo looked like an actor's head shot. I clicked on his pic for more info and it turns out he *is* an actor. And one of his roles was as Captain Picard's son on The Next Generation. Small world!

Even though they have Boa vs Python (or as they have it, Python vs Boa) and Darklight on their movie list, the UFO Films news section hasn't been updated since June 2003, so I don't know if Morjana is going to get any results. Here's crossing my fingers.

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

This isn't a spoiler, but I'll hide it anyway, since it's a question about "Home".
            Spoiler:
            I wonder if we'll get to learn the name of McKay's cat in "Home"?

My kind of guy:

Comment

I hope so!
              I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                This isn't a spoiler, but I'll hide it anyway, since it's a question about "Home".
                Spoiler:
                I wonder if we'll get to learn the name of McKay's cat in "Home"?
                Well, I got my answer.

Spoiler:
                Cat still has no name. And cat is not at Sam's. And the person taking care of McKay's cat doesn't even like McKay, only the cat. Stupid woman! Hmm, I wonder if McKay calls his cat "Cat"?

My kind of guy:

Comment

What's the rule about cross posting or referencing another post? I talked alot about McKay in the Episode forum-Home thread and I don't know if I should/could repeat it here or point you over there.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Anybody know where they got the t-shirt he was wearing last night, "I'm with genius" I want one

Comment

Originally posted by Redstorm
                      Anybody know where they got the t-shirt he was wearing last night, "I'm with genius" I want one
                      Cafe Press offers one that says "I'm with genius," but isn't quite the same style:

"I'm with genius" shirt

Allison

Comment

Originally posted by Redstorm
                        You know, can you imagine McKay buying that shirt for himself? Even if he thinks it's true, it doesn't seem to me he would have. It must have been a gift. And one of his favorite shirts since it was the one he changed into first. Unless it was on the top of the clean shirt pile because it was one of the last things he washed before going to Atlantis.

I like those shorts, myself!

My kind of guy:

Comment

Maybe it was a welcome home gift from the sultry cat-watching neighbor.
                          Last edited by ShadowMaat; 11 September 2004, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Switching from McKay to Hewlett. Does anybody know how much David is in the series "Traders"? I was thinking of buying the first season, but not if it turns out he's in like 5 minutes of the 13 episodes. I don't know anything about the show, but he's listed 7th in the large cast list on imdb so I would think he would be in a few episodes, maybe like Beckett?
                            Last edited by watcher652; 12 September 2004, 09:54 AM.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Tell me, mydear, have you tried looking for an indie movie known in Canada as "Treed Murray"? He star in it and my LJ buddy Casta said it's a fantasically acted flik.

My buddy Casta's review of "Treed Murray".

You're welcome. Enjoy the eyecandy. ^.^

~Lucia
                              This is OTAKUDOM-
                              I mean.... This is STARGATEDOM!

IMPORTANT! Lucia Tanaka will be AWOL for about 1-2 months due to school. See you soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucia Tanaka
                                Tell me, mydear, have you tried looking for an indie movie known in Canada as "Treed Murray"? He star in it and my LJ buddy Casta said it's a fantasically acted flik.
                                Yes, I'm on the hunt for all things Hewlett. Just pricing things out. Most of his stuff is out of print. In the US the movie is known as Get Down. I found a place where you can buy the poster, but it's a full sized one and I have no place to put it.

I have Where The Heart Is on order at the local video store and just bought the Scanners II tape on eBay. Apparently there isn't a Region 1 DVD of that movie yet.

It turns out that since Amazon has free shipping on orders over $25, their prices are pretty much the same as the discount places where you do have to add shipping.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Working...
                                X