Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, Same here! Ditto to the name "murray" hehe
    I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

DHD = Dial Home Device = David Hewlett Devotees
      or
      DHD = David Hewlett Disciples (although that has a Go'auld feel about it)
      or
      FOOD = Friends of our David (which sounds way too possessive and begs the question, David Who? (not Doctor Who))

*cough* excuse me, I have to lie down.

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

*sigh* I really hope my Cube and Treed Murray DVDs come in today.
        "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

Uploaded some more avs to my site, including everyone's favorite cat: Chopin.

Comment

Wee-hoo! My DVDs came in! That's at least 4 hours of David without commercial interruptions.

Comment

Watched "38 Minutes" again. Do I need a spoiler alert since this a rerun? I'm going to go with "no". And I'm not going to go back to re-read what was said earlier about the episode in this thread, so please forgive me if these are old topics. Really forgive me if I end up repeating myself!

I loved how both Sheppard and Ford had to get McKay's mind back on the problem. It showed how Ford picked up on how Sheppard deals with McKay and how Ford used the same method himself. That showed leadership.

It didn't really occur to me the first time I saw the ep, but do all the military people know how to use the defib machine or do you think Ford has had more medical training?

This episode showed one of the disadvantages of McKay being so brilliant. When you have all the possible dire scenarios running thru your head, it's so easy to forget what the priorities are.

I think one of the many reasons I like McKay is that I see a little bit of me in him. I can get so easily distracted by what my version of "certain doom" is. In my case it's usually a project that is surely not going to be done in time. I too need someone to say, "Hey, the problem is over here!" to re-focus my energies.

I know I qualify for the McKay-obsessed. I keep wondering "What *is* running thru his head?" when he has those moments when he kind of stares off into space.

And, again, my heart went out to him when he was looking at Beckett trying to revive Sheppard. When Beckett succeeded, Weir looked relieved, but McKay looked like he was going to cry. I just wanted to hug him!

My kind of guy:
              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by rihannsu
                Wee-hoo! My DVDs came in! That's at least 4 hours of David without commercial interruptions.
                Congratulations! I just bought "Cube" and "Century Hotel" myself. Those are the only 2 dvds they had at 2 different Borders Bookstores. "Cube" was a find since the store computer kiosk said it had to be ordered.

I don't know if I'm going to re-watch "Cube" anytime soon, though. I have to brace myself for it. I found it creepy when I first saw it and I'm not really into creepy.

Unfortunately, David seems to be in a lot of creepy movies! Oh, wait, maybe I should say "edgy"!

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                  Unfortunately, David seems to be in a lot of creepy movies! Oh, wait, maybe I should say "edgy"!
                  You say as if it's a bad thing! Hehe...
                  Did you like Century Hotel? I own it myself, and not many ppl talk about it on the net, so I thought maybe not many ppl have seen it. Although David's part was kinda small...it was worth it.
                  I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

Hiya, DH/McKay fans.
                    Morjana's posted some info and links in the Other Sci-Fi/Fantasy section,about the film "Darklight".
                    See link below,if you're interested :
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=3984
                    I found I couldn't access the clip,but maybe you'll have better luck !
                    (The other links work ok,though.)
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Nope, I'm on dial-up also and I can't get any links from the UFO site to come up. I hate sites that don't acccomodate dial-ups.

David looks quite intense and menacing on the SciFi site. And is that a crossbow he has in his hands?

I don't know who Morjana is (I'm new to the Stargate boards) but she finds the greatest stuff! And so nice of her to share.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Dial-up's a pain. We forked out for Broadband as soon as it became available in our area,as it used to take ages just to access the internet.
                        I couldn't access that clip either,though,despite the fact it should have loaded.
                        Morjana's e-mailing the Site to find out what's up,as it turned out I can access some clips, but not Darklight !

Morjana's an absolute Goldmine of info,and she's a very dedicated lady .
                        If you see her news articles,around the Forum,or see D+D credit her on the Homepage,that news/info will be genuine !

I hope that site sorts out it's problem.......I couldn't access their info on Boa Vs Python either !
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                          I hope that site sorts out it's problem.......I couldn't access their info on Boa Vs Python either !
                          OK, I thought it was just me and my dialup. I couldn't get to Boa either. But since you have broadband AND can't get to Boa Vs Python, it must be them.

My kind of guy:

Comment

In my trolling around for anything David, I found one of those sites that review a movie and have viewer comments. One of the viewers said she really liked the official Cube site and that more sites should be made like it. That should please David since he worked on it! I wish I kept that link.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on the Darklight movie. I hadn't even heard about it.

I've finished Treed Murray (or should I say "Get Down" ) and Cube. I'm about to watch the commentary for Cube.

Cube creeped me out. TM was fantastic- all around great performances!! And I'm having a time picking out David's voice on the commentary for Cube since their accents are so similar.

Comment

Originally posted by rihannsu
                                Cube creeped me out. TM was fantastic- all around great performances!! And I'm having a time picking out David's voice on the commentary for Cube since their accents are so similar.
                                Ok, I have a confession. I just hooked up my dvd player. I have a collection of about 30 dvds and I haven't been able to watch them because my tv was so old I couldn't have my vcr and dvd player hooked up at the same time and I didn't want to unhook my vcr.

Why didn't I buy one of those gizmos so I could hook both of them up? Well, my tv was on its last legs and I was just waiting for it to die so I could get a new one. Unfortunately, it's a Sony, and it was slow to go. I had some white lines going across the top quarter of the screen, but I lived with that. Fortunately, I recently had a company anniversary and one of the items you could pick was a tv. It's a cheapy but at least I could have both my vcr and dvd player hooked up.

And what was the first movie I watched? Well, since I just bought it and hadn't seen it before, I popped in Century Hotel! I just watched David's story, though. But his story was too short.

So then I had to watch Cube, my only other David movie. Bad mistake. I had forgotten about how gruesome it was. I must have blocked it from my mind. I'm not one for blood and gore at all. And now it's time way beyond the time I should be in bed (it's 2 am!) and I'm totally creeped out. I need to watch an Atlantis episode to calm my nerves. If I can find one in my unlabeled vcr tapes.

Sorry for the ramble. My nerves and all.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Working...
                                X