X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ed263 View Post
    That's what I was thinking as well!

Saw this tweet by John Lithgow:
    "2 days acting with #dhewlett in Vancouver and we're both hoarse (but we're not apes). "

So maybe...the movie may not be so bad, if John Lithgow is in the movie....*fingers crossed*
    Spoiler:
    Some hints from Twitter from David Hewlett:

dhewlett: Day one on my latest primate movie ;-) Currently holding the key to a great performance: coffee and the ubiquitous breakfast burrito!

Well, that's enough data. I toodled on over to the British Columbia film commission website to see what was being filmed in Vancouver - http://www.bcfilmcommission.com/about_us/film_list.php - and saw this:

CAESAR: RISE OF THE APES
    TCF Vancouver Productions Ltd.
    Director: Rupert WyattExec. Producer(s): Thomas Hammel
    Producer: Peter Chernin, Dylan Clark
    DOP: Andrew Lesnie
    PD: Claude Pare
    PM: Wendy Williams
    PC: Patricia Foster
    LM: Catou Kearney
    SPFX Coord: Tony Lazarowich
    Casting: Mayrs/Brandstatter
    Extras: Andrea Brown
    Production Address: 2880 Underhill Ave.
    Production City: Burnaby
    Postal: V5A 3C5
    Sched: Jul 05/10 - Sep 17/10

So, I'm guessing he's working on that. It's the only movie mentioned with 'primates' in it, it's probably considered big. Not much on IMDB yet (James Franco and Don Cheadle in cast and they just cast someone for the lead primate).

I hope his character fares better than his character in SPLICE!

From Wraithfodders Lair
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lanaganp View Post
      Spoiler:
      Some hints from Twitter from David Hewlett:

dhewlett: Day one on my latest primate movie ;-) Currently holding the key to a great performance: coffee and the ubiquitous breakfast burrito!

Well, that's enough data. I toodled on over to the British Columbia film commission website to see what was being filmed in Vancouver - http://www.bcfilmcommission.com/about_us/film_list.php - and saw this:

CAESAR: RISE OF THE APES
      TCF Vancouver Productions Ltd.
      Director: Rupert WyattExec. Producer(s): Thomas Hammel
      Producer: Peter Chernin, Dylan Clark
      DOP: Andrew Lesnie
      PD: Claude Pare
      PM: Wendy Williams
      PC: Patricia Foster
      LM: Catou Kearney
      SPFX Coord: Tony Lazarowich
      Casting: Mayrs/Brandstatter
      Extras: Andrea Brown
      Production Address: 2880 Underhill Ave.
      Production City: Burnaby
      Postal: V5A 3C5
      Sched: Jul 05/10 - Sep 17/10

So, I'm guessing he's working on that. It's the only movie mentioned with 'primates' in it, it's probably considered big. Not much on IMDB yet (James Franco and Don Cheadle in cast and they just cast someone for the lead primate).

I hope his character fares better than his character in SPLICE!

From Wraithfodders Lair
      I read that on Wraithfodder's LJ site, but didn't recognize anyone listed, or the production company, but John Lithgow....that name I do know!

sig by Varda

Comment

Originally posted by Tinah View Post
        You can always hope Baz grows up to be as gorgeous as his dad, and follows in his footsteps!

That, or cloning.
        oh, no doubt Baz will be just as gorgeous. But he still might be too YOUNG for the part. Although he could fit in another part. lol

And our stupid desktop computer crashed again I need a personal Rodney
        "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
        sigpic
        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
          I need a personal Rodney
          Don't we all ( for various reasons )? A couple of days ago, my father and I attempted to install a wireless router, so that I could bring my laptop just outside the apartment ( I live on the ground floor ). Sadly, we failed. But I guess it doesn't matter, since the only things I need to do on the internet is checking my mail and my subscribed threads on Gateworld. I can do that during breakfast and before I go to bed. Everything else is just wasting time. Maybe it's better this way, because then maybe I'll use the computer for other things...

Install a wireless router? Oh, sure, I'll just put this unimportant matter of saving the galaxy aside to make sure you can spend hours reading years-old discussions about little pointy-eared people riding dogs..!
          Tinah: Wolves!
          Whatever.
          Tinah: You are so going to regret mocking Elfquest..! *brings out spray bottle loaded with lemon juice*

Comment

Another Elfquest fan! Cool. Did you know that there was supposed to be a movie, but it never went anywhere?

Some more old WWAT.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenheart View Post
              Another Elfquest fan! Cool. Did you know that there was supposed to be a movie, but it never went anywhere?
              Spoiler:
              Yup, been a fan for 18 years ( pretty much exactly half my life ), recently finished my collection of getting every EQ story ever published ( not all the editions though, and I don't intend to ), the friend who introduced me to it and I started a Holt ( fan club ) which was singularly unsuccessful... . From what they say on the Scroll of Colours ( discussion forum ) there is a movie in the works. Several deals fell through and I've stopped hoping, kind of like I have with the SGA movie. I only hope they'll finish the storylines they have hanging at some point. Elfquest is probably the fictional world that's the closest to my heart, and the only thing I've been a fan of uninterrupted since I first got into it. I've been lurking the Scroll on and off for years, and quite a bit now since my vacation started. Oh, I could babble on forever about it!

Some more old WWAT.
              Dark- and dangerous-looking David! Belly-button! Funny captions contrasting with serious pics! Your WWA/RT are always a treat! Do you have any from other movies of his?

Comment

Some more old WWAT.

Spoiler:

Another Elfquest fan here from WAAAAY back! Still have all those old issues around somewhere, thanks you guys for bringing back the memories!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                  Another Elfquest fan here from WAAAAY back!
                  Another one?! Great! Maybe we should start up an Elfquest thread somewhere?

... but you still like me best, don't you..?

Comment

... but you still like me best, don't you..?
                    Of course we do!! We'll like you forever

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Yup, been a fan for 18 years ( pretty much exactly half my life ), recently finished my collection of getting every EQ story ever published ( not all the editions though, and I don't intend to ), the friend who introduced me to it and I started a Holt ( fan club ) which was singularly unsuccessful... . From what they say on the Scroll of Colours ( discussion forum ) there is a movie in the works. Several deals fell through and I've stopped hoping, kind of like I have with the SGA movie. I only hope they'll finish the storylines they have hanging at some point. Elfquest is probably the fictional world that's the closest to my heart, and the only thing I've been a fan of uninterrupted since I first got into it. I've been lurking the Scroll on and off for years, and quite a bit now since my vacation started. Oh, I could babble on forever about it!
                      Spoiler:
                      I've been a fan sincehigh school back in the 90s. I was also introduced by a friend. I bought the graphic novels of the main storyline then bought the others. I also have one of the action figures that was put out, but couldn't find any of the others. I had no idea there was a forum out there or they were still thinking about a movie.

Dark- and dangerous-looking David! Belly-button! Funny captions contrasting with serious pics! Your WWA/RT are always a treat! Do you have any from other movies of his?
                      You're welcome. I do have a couple of captions from Treed Murrey.
                      sigpic

Comment

Desktop is working again

And lovely piccies!
                        "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Spoiler:
                          I've been a fan sincehigh school back in the 90s. I was also introduced by a friend. I bought the graphic novels of the main storyline then bought the others. I also have one of the action figures that was put out, but couldn't find any of the others. I had no idea there was a forum out there or they were still thinking about a movie.
                          Spoiler:
                          *checks old issues* I think I borrowed my friend's graphic novels in 1992, then bought my own the same year. I know I started buying the regular issues with Hidden Years #8 ( Rayek goes hunting without magic ). Ironically just after Wendy stopped drawing them. Now that I stop to think about it, Ravenheart is a very "elfquesty" name! And did you know, there's a person on GW with the user name "pinielf"?

You're welcome. I do have a couple of captions from Treed Murrey.
                          I'd love to see them if you feel like posting them! *puppy eyes*

Comment

Spoiler:
                            *checks old issues* I think I borrowed my friend's graphic novels in 1992, then bought my own the same year. I know I started buying the regular issues with Hidden Years #8 ( Rayek goes hunting without magic ). Ironically just after Wendy stopped drawing them. Now that I stop to think about it, Ravenheart is a very "elfquesty" name! And did you know, there's a person on GW with the user name "pinielf"?
                            Spoiler:
                            I never thought of that as an Elfquest name. Interesting. I did a long time ago come up with my own Elfquest tribe before I even thought of fanfic. Then I merged them into my own fantasy novels when I started writing them.

I'd love to see them if you feel like posting them! *puppy eyes*
                            Here you go.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                              I never thought of that as an Elfquest name. Interesting. I did a long time ago come up with my own Elfquest tribe before I even thought of fanfic. Then I merged them into my own fantasy novels when I started writing them.
                              Spoiler:
                              I've made up a couple of tribes too... some sort of semi-morphing into others... but it's been mostly in my head except for the Holt a friend and I started. And even then, it was only character descriptions and the tribe's history. I never wrote any EQ fanfic. Good to hear that you could re-use your tribe in a new setting! Good ideas shouldn't go to waste! Today, I actually dug up and reactivated my old account on the Scroll, with the user name Shadesong. That's been my "elf name" for 12 years now, so I'm glad I could get the account back ( even though I probably won't use it a lot ). I feel kind of attached to that name. Even used it on a LOTR roleplaying site in its Sindarin form, Daelin. I think EQ will always be an important part of who I am, but right now my main obsession is SGA, I've just been in a nostalgic mood since I found out other Rodney thunkers are EQ fans too.

Here you go.
                              Lovely! ( Then again, everything David is lovely! )

Comment

I wonder what Rodney's name would be in the ElfQuest universe?
                                EQ:
                                Spoiler:
                                The entire library of EQ publications is online here, if anyone wants to get nostalgic:
                                http://www.elfquest.com/gallery/OnlineComics3.html
                                Redlance was my favorite!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X