No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kate Hewlett has a new site for all your Kate needs. Spread the word. David is!

Originally posted by David in Twitter
    More @katehewlett than the world is ready for! http://katekit.com/

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

*shimmers into existence*
      Originally posted by ed263 View Post
      Oh darn! Oh well...Thanks for the pictures!!

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...ewlett/083.jpg

Go over and click on the link to see 6 pages worth of pictures!
      Glad to see he's wearing his wedding ring again

Originally posted by BFH_Bushy_Tush View Post
      Also, one quick question. Does anyone here not understand why I would choose a large rubber duck for David to sign?
      Shall I enlighten y'all?

Spoiler:

*fades into the walls*
      Last edited by x Varda x; 15 June 2010, 01:28 PM.
      McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Also, one quick question. Does anyone here not understand why I would choose a large rubber duck for David to sign?
        I know!
        This is a 'clean' shot of DH right before 'the rubber ducky shot'
        Spoiler:

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
        Sorry I have not been here for a few days...my computer is having fits of not working properly (read: sluggish) and my internet connection has been iffy at best.

I guess no one saw my last post where in I talked about IE and how I had to use it and hated it. I can't remember if anyone commented on it so...
        No...sorry! I think I was already away from home for work, I didn't really pay too much attention to the posts unless there was a picture of DH involved.

I feel like such an outsider (in this thread) right now. ...and I've missed you all!
        Awww....*hugs*
        You an outsider.....NEVER! Missed you too!

I understand!
        Spoiler:
        The ducky in the movie was really small and a bigger ducky would have been better...for David that is.
        Thank goodness he didn't!!

sig by Varda

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
          Kate Hewlett has a new site for all your Kate needs. Spread the word. David is!
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ller-0008c.jpg
          Thanks watcher for the update and the pic!!
          Love Kate's reply tweet to DH....
          katehewlett We are working on getting katekit.com to other countries. Soon! And thanks to everyone...except this "David Hewlett" person...k.
          34 minutes ago via web

Aww...siblings!

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
          *shimmers into existence*
          Glad to see he's wearing his wedding ring again
          I noticed that as well!
          How are your wrists Varda?!? Have you finshed moving in your new home?

I see the light!

sig by Varda

Comment

Originally posted by ed263 View Post
            I noticed that as well!
            How are your wrists Varda?!? Have you finshed moving in your new home?
            My wrists are really bad today - I'm going to have to go to my doctor... haven't been for about 7 years - most health problems I just ignore/work through and they go away. But this seems to be getting worse

If everything goes through alright I should be moving to my new place sometime in July
            I see the light!
            Good good

Comment

My wrists are really bad today - I'm going to have to go to my doctor... haven't been for about 7 years - most health problems I just ignore/work through and they go away. But this seems to be getting worse
              You don't think it's the dreaded carpal tunnel syndrome do you? Gosh, I hope not!!!

If everything goes through alright I should be moving to my new place sometime in July
              Almost there!!

sig by Varda

Comment

This news is about Kate, so I'll put it behind the spoiler tags.

Spoiler:
                Kate's new site and new play presentation

Kate tweeted on June 15, 2010:
                Katekit.com is up and running! Thanks, Lee!
                David then tweeted (and included the link):
                More @katehewlett than the world is ready for! http://katekit.com/

At the new site, Kate is asking for donations to help her with her play, "The Swearing Jar," at the New York Fringe Festival.

Donations

My talented friend Christopher Stanton and I are very excited to tell you that we are going to be performing my newest play, The Swearing Jar at the New York Fringe Festival this coming August. The only problem is: we live in Toronto and the Fringe is not a money- making venture. If you’d like to donate as little as $5.00 (or as much as fourteen million dollars…aw, heck, it was worth a shot…) it would mean a lot to us. Every little bit counts toward air fare, accommodation and sustenance. If you’re as broke as we are, you can help by spreading the word instead. You can go here for details:
                http://www.fringenyc.org
                Here's a description of the play at the NY Fringe Festival site.

The Swearing Jar

The Bridge Theatre Company in Association with 6AM Tango Productions
                Writer: Kate Hewlett; Music and lyrics by Kate Hewlett, arranged by Christopher Stanton
                Director: Rosemary Andress
                "You are the love of my life, you *******." When Carey performs at Simon's fortieth birthday celebration, she is forced to come to terms with the greatest lie her husband ever told. A comedy about marriage, music, migraines...and swearing.
                1h 15m

My kind of guy:
                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Thanks for all the support, guys. It really means a lot. Right now she hasn't gotten any better or worse, and it's too early to tell if her responses to people are voluntary or involuntary. Hopefully after a few days she'll be able to respond better--the pressure of cranial fluid is in a good spot right now, and she's mostly breathing on her own, and she did open an eye today, according to my uncle.

Anyhoo...oh David. The man never fails to cheer me up.
                  "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME!!!

Comment

I've seen the pics... and someday I'll get the movie too!

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                    I guess no one saw my last post where in I talked about IE and how I had to use it and hated it. I can't remember if anyone commented on it so...
                    Yes, I saw it but didn't comment. Computer/browser talk:
                    Spoiler:
                    I kind of got distracted by everything else happening in the thread, and I have a crappy computer myself ( Missing a proper "a" key, even. ). I guess I'm stupid for not changing to Firefox or Chrome or whatever is the popular browser now, but I've been using IE ( various versions, I'm not using the version from 1995 now ) for 15 years and never had any problems until this new version of Gateworld after my long hiatus. Right now what I'm doing is copying and pasting into Word to be able to handle quotes... and get a bit confused as to what I've replied to and what I haven't. *sigh* Guess that's the explantion why I've been a bit lazy in my replying, sorry! If GW doesn't fix this, I might have to give up and download another browser.

I feel like such an outsider (in this thread) right now. ...and I've missed you all!
                    Awww, no! *hugs* You very much belong in this thread/community! I know you can feel a bit left out if you haven't been here for a while ( or like, in my case, there wasn't anybody around except me for two days ) but real life obligations and computer problems happen.

Shall I enlighten y'all?
                    Awww... *giggles* *is mesmerized by bellybutton*

Yeah, I'm like that too, don't see a doctor until I can't stand it anymore. I hope you get better soon!

Good good
                    Great! Will you have some time off work in July too? ( I'll most likely have July 5th - August 1st. )

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Thanks for all the support, guys. It really means a lot. Right now she hasn't gotten any better or worse, and it's too early to tell if her responses to people are voluntary or involuntary. Hopefully after a few days she'll be able to respond better--the pressure of cranial fluid is in a good spot right now, and she's mostly breathing on her own, and she did open an eye today, according to my uncle.
                    Spoiler:
                    Yes, it's still early, but the signs seem good! *hugs* I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.

Anyhoo...oh David. The man never fails to cheer me up.
                    Yes, he's adorable, isn't he? Never fails to make me smile!

Comment

Ok...good to know that people here know the reference, then... I hate making people confused unintentionally...
                      ~Bushy~

"Look, you don't know me. This is when I'm at my best. This is when I shine: impossible deadlines."
                      Dr. Meredith Rodney McKay
                      -
                      "That doesn’t matter! You’re hostages! We’re your…we’re your captors! We’re heavily armed! There’s rules! There’s a whole school of etiquette to this!"
                      Dr. Daniel Jackson
                      -
                      "My name is Dean Winchester. I'm an Aquarius. I enjoy sunsets, long walks on the beach, and frisky women."
                      Dean Winchester

Comment

Hello, everyone
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

GW just linked to this Splice interview vid

Comment

I'd love to watch it... if there aren't any spoilers! I remember back when I was crushing on Sean Bean, I watched interviews about "The Island", and the whole twist of the movie
                            Spoiler:
                            that they were clones
                            was ruined for me. I don't want this to happen with "Splice".

Comment

Awesome... Thanks

Comment

VARDA! Your banner is GORGEOUS!!! *stares*
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X