Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BFH_Bushy_Tush View Post
    High school...Yes, I'm naught but a lowly teenager...lol..Thanks...
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]
    lol
    "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
    sigpic
    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Davids newest movie Splice is coming to the states! yay! and yes it even got south enough to reach Albuquerque, New Mexico! *bounces* of course I shall buy it when it comes to DVD

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
        Nice but short interview with David:
        http://bit.ly/9lBmvO
        Thanks!

Interesting that he was first offered to role of Orlin on SG-1, who's pretty much the opposite of Rodney when it comes to personality ( except he was a genius too ). I'm glad that didn't work out though, because then we wouldn't have had Rodney!

I have one question though, with spoilers for "Vegas" because I seem to remember somebody in this thread hasn't seen it yet.

Spoiler:
        what the hell, Sheppard’s dead, and McKay is married?

"What the hell" indeed! Married? To whom? Jennifer? Is it from the behind-the-scenes material, or is this information new to everybody else too?

Comment

Originally posted by Tinah View Post
          Thanks!

Interesting that he was first offered to role of Orlin on SG-1, who's pretty much the opposite of Rodney when it comes to personality ( except he was a genius too ). I'm glad that didn't work out though, because then we wouldn't have had Rodney!

I have one question though, with spoilers for "Vegas" because I seem to remember somebody in this thread hasn't seen it yet.

Spoiler:
          "What the hell" indeed! Married? To whom? Jennifer? Is it from the behind-the-scenes material, or is this information new to everybody else too?
          hmm that an interesting possibility. Whom, indeed, is his bride? The Sheppard dead part was just a cheap way not to have to have two universes being very similar to each other. if you recall in the Daedalus Variations they killed the entire team twice in two universes.

Comment

David's interviews are always interesting..and funny

Comment

Spoiler:

He's wearing his wedding ring, and there are glances shared with Jennifer -- it's subtext, but pretty transparent subtext. Funfax: having his wedding ring on was originally a mistake on David's part, but then the directors decided they liked it and kept it in.

Comment

oh eww no ship please that ship bothers me

Sorry

Continue with the thunking
                sigpic
                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post

Sorry

Continue with the thunking
                  I'm a little confused. We aren't allowed to mention a canon part of RM's development in an RM thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Shadowdancer View Post
                    He's wearing his wedding ring, and there are glances shared with Jennifer -- it's subtext, but pretty transparent subtext. Funfax: having his wedding ring on was originally a mistake on David's part, but then the directors decided they liked it and kept it in.
                    Thanks for the info! I noticed the look between them, but not the ring...

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                    I'm not a big fan of that ship either, but it is a canon part of an AU... I don't see mentioning it as "shipping", just stating an established fact.

EDIT: As far as we know from the episode, he could as well be married to somebody else, and having an affair with Jennifer..! Sam, Elizabeth, anybody else... Plenty of possibilities for shippers to write about!

Comment

Thanks for the info! I noticed the look between them, but not the ring...

I'm not a big fan of that ship either, but it is a canon part of an AU... I don't see mentioning it as "shipping", just stating an established fact.

EDIT: As far as we know from the episode, he could as well be married to somebody else, and having an affair with Jennifer..! Sam, Elizabeth, anybody else... Plenty of possibilities for shippers to write about!
                      ^hadn't thought of that lmao
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ed263 View Post
                        Hi RiG!! I'm doing well! Thanks! How are you?
                        I'm...lonely...bored. No ones around.

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
                        ewowza! Thanks for the b'day wishes!
                        Y'welcome.

*Hands out virtual cybercake*
                        Aww, I missed it! I was sleeping.

Originally posted by BFH_Bushy_Tush View Post
                        High school...Yes, I'm naught but a lowly teenager...
                        Wish I was just a teenager. Ahh, the good ol' days.

LMAO!! Thank, you, RiG.
                        Y'welcome.

Thanx for this...even if it's nothin' new for me. Have read other DH interviews containing the same questions...and answers. But, it's always great reading David's words.

Thanks!

Boy howdy! THANK GOD FOR RODNEY MCKAY! So happy he couldn't play Orlin. Sean Patrick Flannery did a good job with that role. The only other thing that Orlin and Rodney have in common besides the being geniuses is that they both had a thing for Sam.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                        I saw the ring waaaayyyy back when Joe Mallozzi posted the Behind the Scenes pics on his blog at the time the episode was filming. I've (we've) been wondering about this (and whether or not the ring was actually David's) since then. We may never know to whom he was married. I think the writers threw "the look" in there just to play with us.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

Sorry for double posting...

Hewlett the director picspam!

Spoiler:

And one lucky fan...
                          Spoiler:

Or two...
                          Spoiler:

Love his shirt here!

A rare pic of David behind the scenes of the SGA episode Tabula Rasa.
                          Spoiler:
                          Courtesy of wraithfodder's PB.

"David Hewlett's opinion of Zach's acting." ~wraithfodder's description of the pic. Zach Selwyn is from G4's Attack of the Show, he got a bit part in this episode thanks to his SGA rap / video on Youtube. He's the one behind the G4 logo bug. He's also the guy David refers to in his Slug White Nerd rap.
                          Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 09 June 2010, 01:13 PM.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                            Or two...
                            Spoiler:

Love his shirt here!
                            Me too. Because this is a black shirt And all we know that David looks so great in black shirts

Comment

McKay fans - I'm hoping someone can help me. I seem to recall in an ep that we see Rodney's diplomas on his wall in his quarters, but I can't recall the ep. What I'm looking for is information on where he went to university. Can anyone help me?

I bring a gift in exchange for an answer. Thanks!

Spoiler:
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana
                              My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                I saw the ring waaaayyyy back when Joe Mallozzi posted the Behind the Scenes pics on his blog at the time the episode was filming. I've (we've) been wondering about this (and whether or not the ring was actually David's) since then. We may never know to whom he was married. I think the writers threw "the look" in there just to play with us.
                                Sorry, saw this and couldn't help myself.
                                Spoiler:
                                This was actually a blooper they left in. DH had his ring on in the scene and they liked it so they didn't redo it.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Luciana
                                My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Working...
                                X