Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
    Or maybe one of his many disfunctions will make him immune to the Wraith feedings. That would be kind of funny. But then again, I'm easily amused.
    The Wraith having a deadly allergy to McKay. That WOULD be funny!

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
      Or maybe one of his many disfunctions will make him immune to the Wraith feedings. That would be kind of funny. But then again, I'm easily amused.
      I wonder if having the Ancient gene active would make it harder to have the lifeforce sucked out of you?

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
        I wonder if having the Ancient gene active would make it harder to have the lifeforce sucked out of you?
        I got the impression that the Ancients were one of the Wraith's main food sources back in the day, so I'd have to guess the gene would only make the wraith MORE interested.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          I got the impression that the Ancients were one of the Wraith's main food sources back in the day, so I'd have to guess the gene would only make the wraith MORE interested.
          <slaps forehead> Oh, yeah. It was Sheppard touching Teyla's pendant that started the food alert.

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Did anyone else get really upset this week when Mc Kay told Sheppard that
            Spoiler:
            they would be okay with that level of radiation exposure as long as they weren't planning on having children? That really upset me that their fates could be sealed so early in the series (in terms of becoming parents). Okay, so most of them came to Atlantis without thinking "I'll go forth and procreate while I'm here," but that's pretty drastic, dontcha think? Wonder if that'll be dropped later by TPTB or fixed with Ancient technology. It does put a damper on romantic interests down the road. Yes, there are dangers, but no one put the SG1 team in that type of gloom and doom situation in all of the 7 or more seasons they've been out there.

Guess I'm just mother henning too much. But I do worry about our little nerd from time to time.
            "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

I don't think he meant that literally. I think he meant if they stuck around that would be a possibility. Otherwise there would have been a lot more commenting about it.

The people living there, on the other hand, that's another story.

Comment

Originally posted by april_flower75
                He is allergic to all citrus.
                I may not be allergic to citrus but I feel a kinder spirit in McKay. I do not care for anything citrus. I for sure do not like lemon in my ice tea (I don't mean to affend those that like lemon in their tea).

Comment

I don't know if you saw this when the first SGA episode was aired. I didn't. Two behind the scenes clips.

http://www.themovienetwork.ca/stargateatlantis/

David says something which endeared him immediately to me when I first read it: "I got into acting becasue of Doctor Who. So, I would watch Doctor Who, and want to be a Time Lord. And it was sort of a sad day for me when I realized I couldn't be a Time Lord. But, I could pretend to be one and get paid for it."

I just love a scifi geek. I used to be one but I haven't kept up.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Yay! Finally finished all the tweaks to my McKay fic. Only missed a couple of mistakes in the upload to Gateworld and my asterisks went a little funny, but you still get the idea.

The Queen's Command

Hope you guys like it.

Comment

Highly recommend y'all check it out . Read for yourselves.I won't give any details,as that'd ruin the whole read.
                      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Shadow's fic also has my high recommendation. All McKay fans should definetly read it.
                        I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

Thanks for posting the link to those clips. When David mentioned Doctor Who, I just wanted to give him a HUGE hug because that was the first sci fi show I remember watching. He's a man after my own heart. Some reporter should ask David if he has an easier time memorizing the technobabble since he's a computer and sci fi geek.

Allison
                          off to read ShadowMaat's fic...

Comment

Originally posted by KUtrekkie
                            Thanks for posting the link to those clips. When David mentioned Doctor Who, I just wanted to give him a HUGE hug because that was the first sci fi show I remember watching. He's a man after my own heart. Some reporter should ask David if he has an easier time memorizing the technobabble since he's a computer and sci fi geek.
                            I'm sure he does. I don't know enough to qualify as a geek, but I did read a lot of scifi when I was younger. And although I've forgotten most of it, I guess it just stays with you. I'm surprised how much I understand the technobabble while other people go "what did they just say?" I might not know exactly what they're saying, but I usually can get the gist.

I'm reminded of a story Marina Sirtis (Counselor Deanna Troi, Star Trek: The Next Generation) told at a convention about her Stargate appearance. She said when she went for the audition, she knew they were looking for a Russian. That's what all the other actresses looked like, big, Slavic women. Marina didn't look like any of them. But when she saw what she had to say, she knew she would get the part. It was all technobabble. Seven years of Trek made the technobabble a breeze.

My kind of guy:

Comment

What I want to know is if David is related to the Hewlett of Hewlett-Packard. When I do a web search on David Hewlett, I always get a lot of Hewlett-Packard hits because it's William Hewlett and David Packard.

It would be kinda cool, since David is interested in computers himself. I haven't seen that question in any articles yet, so if you see it after today, remember I had it first!

Since I'm new to the Stargate message board scene, maybe this was already discussed when David made his guest appearances.

My kind of guy:

Comment

I heart David
                                I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

Working...
                                X