Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
    Oliver is my cat...and also a musical...which he's named after seeing as my Oliver was orphaned when his nitwit previous owners abandoned him. It's sad but...we are so grateful that they did...because he's ours now!
    That is so cool how you chose his name! Well done!

Stupid writers!
    Yeah! I think some fanfiction writers gave me better 'espisodes' than the writers ever did, IMHO.

Originally posted by Alder View Post
    So, I'm working this morning, and there was a mixup with one of my pupils, so I had to ring her back. And I'm standing in the hall with the telephone, 'cause my dad was in the living-room with the TV on, and as the phone is ringing a voice from the living-room said, "I am deathly allergic to citrus, one drop of lemon and I could die..."
    ...made me grin.
    That gave me a grin just reading about it!

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
    Nice thigh holster!

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
    Mckay is the Grim Reaper!
    But a nice looking Grim Reaper!

sig by Varda

Comment

Piccies

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Woah....woah...WOAH...WHAT?! I think i've been gone too long....the tardis went haywire and wouldn't let me out until we found a planet with a stargate LOL yes i have been watching A LOT of doctor who....but the forum....wow....lol

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
        Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
        Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
        sigpic

Comment

Sorry I haven't been here in a day or so...been busy...working all day yesterday. I got home around 4:14pm or so and, well, watched MacGyver in honor of RDA's birthday. Then the SAG awards so...no time for GW. Don't remember why I wasn't here Friday after work. Oh well..

So, I'm working this morning, and there was a mixup with one of my pupils, so I had to ring her back. And I'm standing in the hall with the telephone, 'cause my dad was in the living-room with the TV on, and as the phone is ringing a voice from the living-room said, "I am deathly allergic to citrus, one drop of lemon and I could die..."
          Oh, that is neat! He was watching SG1's 48 Hours...the episode that gave us Rodney.

...made me grin.
          Me too.

Originally posted by ed263 View Post
          That is so cool how you chose his name! Well done!
          Thanks...it was my mom's idea...I'll let her know.

Yeah! I think some fanfiction writers gave me better 'espisodes' than the writers ever did, IMHO.
          Yeah, too bad the writers/producers weren't allowed to read fanfic. They'd have been really inspired.

Nice thigh holster!
          Lucky thigh holster.

But a nice looking Grim Reaper!
          And how!!!

Originally posted by Valaslonglostsister View Post
          Woah....woah...WOAH...WHAT?! I think i've been gone too long....the tardis went haywire and wouldn't let me out until we found a planet with a stargate LOL yes i have been watching A LOT of doctor who....but the forum....wow....lol
          Yeah, I had pretty much the same reaction when I saw the new layout, thought I'd stepped into the Twilight Zone!
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

Artwork of Rodney from 3x15 The Game.

Spoiler:

My kind of guy:
            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Nice pics everyone! *multiquote squee here*

I've just spent a few minutes/hours looking through my SGA promo pics trying to choose one to take next week.

I showed my Mum this one, her reaction was, "Got any spare tickets?!"

A couple more>>>
              Spoiler:
              The other pic I found is this one

And there is always

I've been AWOL after my 6 day week *Meh* In amongst all the depression, I've also been checking over and posting my very angsty fic:-
              Searching For Emptiness
              One - Two - Three - Four
              After Rodney is brutally tortured, can he get back what he lost? Set in the Reavengeance AU

Oh well... *sigh*
              McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenheart View Post
                Piccies
                Nice! Love how it goes from smiling Rodney to serious Rodney! Thanks Ravenheart!

Originally posted by Valaslonglostsister View Post
                Shocking ain't it!

Sorry I haven't been here in a day or so...
                Missed you!

been busy...working all day yesterday.
                Gotta work to pay those bills!

I got home around 4:14pm or so and, well, watched MacGyver in honor of RDA's birthday.
                Love that show! Didn't even know it was he's birthday...well happy belated birthday RDA!!

Thanks...it was my mom's idea...I'll let her know.
                Clever mom!

Yeah, too bad the writers/producers weren't allowed to read fanfic. They'd have been really inspired.
                I asked JM once if he had ever read any, not realizing that they couldn't, and he have never heard of FFN.

Lucky thigh holster.
                Oh...good point!

Love those! Thanks Watcher!

sig by Varda

Comment

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
                  I've just spent a few minutes/hours looking through my SGA promo pics trying to choose one to take next week.

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/r...406-0285xe.jpg
                  Great mom! I don't blame her for asking for any spare tickets!

A couple more>>>
                  http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/r...517-0119xe.jpg

And there is always
                  http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/r...214-0018xe.jpg
                  Great pictures!! It's going to be very hard to pick one!

I've been AWOL after my 6 day week *Meh* In amongst all the depression, I've also been checking over and posting my very angsty fic:-
                  Searching For Emptiness
                  One - Two - Three - Four
                  After Rodney is brutally tortured, can he get back what he lost? Set in the Reavengeance AU
                  Oh well... *sigh*
                  Loving your fic! Be over in a bit to read the latest chapter!

sig by Varda

Comment

Nice! Love how it goes from smiling Rodney to serious Rodney! Thanks Ravenheart!
                    I didn't even notice that. I just basically tossed them out there.
                    sigpic

Comment

I didn't even notice that. I just basically tossed them out there.
                      Great tossing!

Some just because pictures....
                      Spoiler:

*hugs Rodney* He seems to be having a bad day, poor Rodney!

sig by Varda

Comment

Oh, that is neat! He was watching SG1's 48 Hours...the episode that gave us Rodney.
                        He was indeed! He's doing a big SG-1 rewatch. Good ol' dad.

A couple more>>>
                        Spoiler:

And there is always
                        Mmm, I like the look of the first two. You might just have to toss a coin!

Comment

On the David Nykl / Radek Zelenka Appreciation thread, we started listing the things we would like or wish they would have cast David Nykl in. I think that would be a lot of fun to do here.

Rosehawk said she would like to see Hewlett and Nykl together in...
                          The Odd Couple

I whole heartedly agree. I also think it would be fun to see Hewlett in...
                          Heroes

So, what do the rest of you think?
                          sigpic

Comment

I would like to see David in Sanctuary, Bones, Castle, and NCIS.
                            sigpic

Comment

Firefly.
                              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...e00204_640.jpg
                                Oh wow! This is the best version of this pic that I've ever seen! It's very nice and clear and sharp.

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/r...406-0285xe.jpg
                                Heh, mum's got good taste! My mum is a DH fan as well...though not like us.

A couple more>>>
                                Both pics are great but I wouldn't be surprised if you chose the whumpy one. All that blood.

Searching For Emptiness
                                One - Two - Three - Four

Oh well... *sigh*
                                I think I've started reading this fic of yours but somehow I got distracted...I think.

I hadn't even noticed that. Good eyes!

Missed you!
                                Miss you too!

Gotta work to pay those bills!
                                Yeah.

Love that show! Didn't even know it was he's birthday...well happy belated birthday RDA!!
                                I love that show too. It was MacGyver that introduced me to RDA in the first place, if it wasn't for Mac I wouldn't have had a reason to watch Stargate SG-1 and therefore wouldn't have seen the awesomeness that is Rodney; wouldn't be here on GW either. I owe a lot to RDA/Mac.

Clever mom!
                                Yep.

I asked JM once if he had ever read any, not realizing that they couldn't, and he have never heard of FFN.
                                Hmmm...interesting.

Oh...good point!
                                Yup. I'd give anything to be his thigh holster...or his tack vest...his Life Signs Detector...datapad...etc...

Love those! Thanks Watcher!
                                Yes, thanks watcher.

Some just because pictures....
                                Spoiler:
                                <SNIP> ...for space...

*hugs Rodney* He seems to be having a bad day, poor Rodney!
                                Great pics just because.

He was indeed! He's doing a big SG-1 rewatch. Good ol' dad.
                                Kewl.

Mmm, I like the look of the first two. You might just have to toss a coin!
                                Or...you could bring both and see if he's sign 'em. Knowing David, he just might!

Originally posted by Hiccups View Post
                                On the David Nykl / Radek Zelenka Appreciation thread, we started listing the things we would like or wish they would have cast David Nykl in. I think that would be a lot of fun to do here.

Rosehawk said she would like to see Hewlett and Nykl together in...
                                The Odd Couple
                                Great idea! And this one would be epic!

I whole heartedly agree. I also think it would be fun to see Hewlett in...
                                Heroes
                                I don't watch Heroes but I am inclined to agree just to see him with a super power again.

So, what do the rest of you think?
                                NCIS!!!!!!! But he has to play a good guy! Not the murderer, even if he is good at being bad.

I'd also like to see him...

...on House, as the patient.
                                ...on Burn Notice, as the client.
                                ...on Fringe, as a crazy scientist friend of Walter's.
                                ...on Supernatural, as a demon hunter who helps Sam and Dean...possibly a recurring role.
                                ...on Medium, as a ghost who contacts Allison for help in solving his murder.

And...
                                The Big Bang Theory. I don't watch this show but I think he'd fit right in. He could guest star as himself at a Sci-Fi Convention of some kind that the characters attend. There was a Stargate reference on that show after all.

Movies...

...in The Fantastic Four, as, who else? Mr. Fantastic. Sheppard be damned!
                                ...in 13 Going on 30, just to see him do the Thriller dance.
                                ...in Pandorum. I watched this last night and said to myself: They could use Rodney (to fix their ship).
                                ...in Superman, we all know why.
                                ...in James Bond, again, we all know why.

I would like to see David in Sanctuary, Bones, Castle, and NCIS.
                                I agree with NCIS, Bones and Sanctuary. But I know that David would just love to guest on Castle. He's a big fan of Nathan Fillion and loves Castle.
                                Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 25 January 2010, 05:12 PM.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME.

Comment

Working...
                                X