No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David's movie, Splice, is one of Slashfilm's Peter Sciretta’s 18 Most Anticipated Films of the 2010 Sundance Film Festival.

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
      David is at Chevron 7.4 Jan 29-31, 2010 at the the Birmingham Hilton Metropole. David, Jane and Baz have been in the UK since Jan 12, staying with Jane's father.
      Aaaaaaaah, right. I did see something about that a week or two ago. Looks like fun, though doesn't have enough folk I'm interested in (aside from the man himself, of course) to tempt me.
      Love to hear how folk get on though!

Comment

David's movie, Splice, is one of Slashfilm's Peter Sciretta’s 18 Most Anticipated Films of the 2010 Sundance Film Festival.
        Wow that was fast! I was just reading about this over on LJ!! Thanks Watcher!

sig by Varda

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
          @Watcher: I posted the link to David's new Twitter pic yesterday. ...but nobody noticed.
          Oops, sorry. I now skim thru the thread since there a lot of personal conversations going on. I also tend to skip over the longer posts since it's kinda hard to read those. I know the forum wants to have multiple quotes in one post but I just find it hard to read. And when we have to put the pics in spoiler tags, there's more stuff I miss because there's nothing to catch my eye.

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by ed263 View Post
            Wow that was fast! I was just reading about this over on LJ!! Thanks Watcher!
            LJ? That might have been me who posted it.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Oooh WOW! I clicked on +Reply to Thread once and it took me to the advanced page! Niiiice!

Glorious food!! Now all we need is....One man, man for sale. Come take a peep. Have you ever seen as nice a man for sale?
              Where/what is that from? I like it!

It does look a little better today, so yay!
              YAY!

Try again, wait until he posts, that you know he's on twitter.
              That's how I got a twitter from him the first time. I"ll try again.

They can't have Rodney on there....he'd fix it and they would be home and then the show would be over...nope, they can't do it.
              Oh, you know what I mean.

Aww....I went back to look...I didn't see the edit...sorry!
              That's okay.

Still trying to get used to navigating around this new forum!
              So am I. I noticed they we have the chevrons back, but...they're too big, kinda fuzzy IMO.
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Oooh WOW! I clicked on +Reply to Thread once and it took me to the advanced page! Niiiice!
                Still not doing it for me...bummer! Still have to either click on 'Go Advance' or right click and open.

Where/what is that from? I like it!
                It's from Oliver, musical from 1968.

That's how I got a twitter from him the first time. I"ll try again.
                Good!

Oh, you know what I mean.

So am I. I noticed they we have the chevrons back, but...they're too big, kinda fuzzy IMO.
                Yeah...agree.

sig by Varda

Comment

You and me both buddy! The only way Rodney can appear on SGU is via the ancient communication stones. Like, if there's a problem with the Destinythe only man that can help/fix it is Rodney. They'd fly him out to DC/the Pentagon/Homeworld security where he's meet up with Gen. O'Neill. From there he'd sit at one of the computer work stations or somewhere and activate the Ancient Communication stone thus mind jumping into someone aboard the Destiny. Et Voila! Rodney on SGU! (the way it works they'd need DH there cause we, the viewers, see the person within the person not the person whose body has been overtaken) Besides, it would be fun to see someone else in Rodney's mind/body again, if we'd actually get to see that part that is.
                  You make it sound like so much! But having Rodney in SGU would really make things more exciting for me, and maybe the plot would progress alot further with his expertise. But alas, the writers make it seem as its likely to never happen.

Woah! That movie leaks freaky, but sweet. How big a role does David have?

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                    In a July 2009 interview
                    Your character Barlow, want does he do?
                    Not much. He’s definitely a thorn in our heroes’ side. This is definitely going to push the boundaries of Sci Fi and good taste. It’s pretty dark Sci Fi. it’s Frankenstein, but of the 2000’s. I love the way Vincenzo described it – ‘the Bonny and Clyde of genetics’
                    I figure David is someone like the project administrator who doesn't agree where the scientists are going.

My kind of guy:

Comment

In a July 2009 interview
                      I figure David is someone like the project administrator who doesn't agree where the scientists are going.
                      Sounds like a villain. And thats great! I've never seen David Hewlett play another role. I can't wait! Although I may keep picturing Rodney.

Comment

Still not doing it for me...bummer! Still have to either click on 'Go Advance' or right click and open.
                        It doesn't do it every time for me, didn't do it this time.

It's from Oliver, musical from 1968
                        Oliver is my cat...and also a musical...which he's named after seeing as my Oliver was orphaned when his nitwit previous owners abandoned him. It's sad but...we are so grateful that they did...because he's ours now!

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        You make it sound like so much!
                        Yeah, I'm horrible that way.

But having Rodney in SGU would really make things more exciting for me, and maybe the plot would progress alot further with his expertise.
                        Agreed.

But alas, the writers make it seem as its likely to never happen.
                        Stupid writers!

Not too entirely big I'm sad to say.

Sounds like a villain. And thats great! I've never seen David Hewlett play another role. I can't wait! Although I may keep picturing Rodney.
                        You mean you've never seen A Dog's Breakfast? Cube? Nothing? Traders? Ice Men? ...he sings in that one.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

Yeah, I'm horrible that way.
                          Agreed.
                          Stupid writers!
                          Not too entirely big I'm sad to say.

You mean you've never seen A Dog's Breakfast? Cube? Nothing? Traders? Ice Men? ...he sings in that one.
                          I've meant to see A Dog's Breakfest a long time ago. But I never got it for some reason. When I get movies or TV shows I have to make sure its something I will like so I don't waste money....although they are pretty cheap. I'm just super slow I suppose.

Comment

So, I'm working this morning, and there was a mixup with one of my pupils, so I had to ring her back. And I'm standing in the hall with the telephone, 'cause my dad was in the living-room with the TV on, and as the phone is ringing a voice from the living-room said, "I am deathly allergic to citrus, one drop of lemon and I could die..."

...made me grin.

Comment

From SGA 2x15 "The Tower" (2005)

My kind of guy:

Comment

From SGA 2x15 "The Tower" (2005)

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/watcher652/Atlantis%20Episodes/Season%202/0215%20The%20Tower/SGA0215TheTower-0097-475x500.jpg[/IG]
                                Mckay is the Grim Reaper!

Comment

Working...
                                X